Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616743 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 14: Underhanded Underlings
« Reply #1185 on: October 26, 2014, 10:30:50 pm »

Fusil and his squad have begun throwing explosives at the manifestation. It is now extremely faint and does little or no damage to anyone. Grauel seems to have drained some odd Essence from it.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1186 on: October 26, 2014, 10:31:56 pm »

Here is what it says about him
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, I don't think all the void beings are evil... I'm not sure though. I personally would like to know more before throwing them out forever.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1187 on: October 26, 2014, 10:45:08 pm »

Fusil sprouts a hundred tentacles and blasts the manifestation. Combined with the Angel-Emperor's slashing and Grauel's consumption and the Shiny Ones' manipulation and Kifo's draining, the manifestation finally disappears.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: October 26, 2014, 10:48:45 pm »

"And that, my Brothers, is what the Tentacles are for. Tykki, first make sure you don't sense anything else. Then find and capture the cultist. Some of you go make sure no civilians are injured, and disperse any crowd that formed after the gunfire. Is everyone OK? Where there any injuries?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1189 on: October 26, 2014, 10:51:38 pm »

"The eldritch energy has dissipated, and the cultist has died from shrapnel wounds, Sir. I shall disperse the crowd."

No one seems to be particularly injured, but at the same time, no one can deny that the thing seemed to be a bit apathetic about the fight.

Azem has teleported away.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: October 26, 2014, 10:52:50 pm »

Impressive work. If you will all excuse me, I've got some weird essence to study. Since you were all so kind as to tell me about your library research... although not immediately... I'll update anyone who wants to know about what I discover. Might even be willing to share some samples of it.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: October 26, 2014, 10:56:26 pm »

"In retrospect, I could have taken it down myself. It only seemed to block, not fight back. Ill handle the operation from here, and report back anything interesting. It was nice to see the Council come together on something, at least."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1192 on: October 26, 2014, 10:56:49 pm »

Oh no, I've been updating immediately. I found this interesting book about void being society...

I bet it was testing you all, to see what you are capable of.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: October 26, 2014, 11:10:44 pm »

It's just a manifestation. Maybe it doesn't care if it dies? Can't another mortal just summon a new one using the same means of learning the ritual that this one did? It's definitely worth looking into and securing these types of things. This time let's all be notified if such a thing goes into the library.

Seriously? It seemed like quite a bit of private research had been done by some parties prior to this. Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter at this point. I'll obtain one of those books myself soon and do my own research to catch up to what everyone else has been doing. I'd rather not be the only one who's in the dark here, only to find it out several ticks later.

It was nice to actually work together though.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: October 26, 2014, 11:12:06 pm »

((Oh come on, you fight and banish an eldritch being while I'm asleep? I would have had just the insta-win move to make this the most anticlimactic event yet.))

Cim awakes from its meditation.

"You've banished a Void being, I see. Do you understand you could have instead captured it to prevent it from being resummoned?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1195 on: October 26, 2014, 11:13:25 pm »

Seriously? It seemed like quite a bit of private research had been done by some parties prior to this. Anyway, I guess it doesn't matter at this point. I'll obtain one of those books myself soon and do my own research to catch up to what everyone else has been doing. I'd rather not be the only one who's in the dark here, only to find it out several ticks later.
Fusil was doing private research before this, but I was researching as the battle raged.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: October 26, 2014, 11:17:23 pm »

"You've banished a Void being, I see. Do you understand you could have instead captured it to prevent it from being resummoned?"
((Oh come on, you fight and banish an eldritch being while I'm asleep? I would have had just the insta-win move to make this the most anticlimactic event yet.))

Cim awakes from its meditation.

"Your arrogance pokes its head again, Cim. That was only a manifestation, capturing it would do no more to stop it than capturing one of our manifestations would stop us. He could just summon another one anyway, just as we would."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: October 26, 2014, 11:26:00 pm »

"Your arrogance pokes its head again, Cim. That was only a manifestation, capturing it would do no more to stop it than capturing one of our manifestations would stop us. He could just summon another one anyway, just as we would."
"Yeah, it's like trying to capture the manifestation of humanity - Me. So long as humanity exists I could  reform with all my powers intact, though it would take some time."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1198 on: October 26, 2014, 11:29:46 pm »

"Yeah, it's like trying to capture the manifestation of humanity - Me. So long as humanity exists I could  reform with all my powers intact, though it would take some time."
(It doesn't work that way.)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: October 26, 2014, 11:36:46 pm »

"Of course not the whole being, just that particular manifestation. It's the same as when I captured Tykki. Had I simply killed her, she could have been regenerated immediately, and had not the dimensional distortion allowed you to pinpoint her location, I could have kept her for much longer."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 475