Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615180 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC: Tick 14: Underhanded Underlings
« Reply #1200 on: October 26, 2014, 11:38:58 pm »

"Your arrogance pokes its head again, Cim. That was only a manifestation, capturing it would do no more to stop it than capturing one of our manifestations would stop us. He could just summon another one anyway, just as we would."
"Yeah, it's like trying to capture the manifestation of humanity - Me. So long as humanity exists I could  reform with all my powers intact, though it would take some time."
(It doesn't work that way.)
(So what else does 'preparations' mean? Planned reincarnation? Spare body?)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 26, 2014, 11:41:10 pm »

"Of course not the whole being, just that particular manifestation. It's the same as when I captured Tykki. Had I simply killed her, she could have been regenerated immediately, and had not the dimensional distortion allowed you to pinpoint her location, I could have kept her for much longer."

"The second I noticed that you took her, the council and I pulled her out. So no, you couldn't have. Anyway, there is no such thing as 'that particular manifestation', not any more at least. It is my (superior) understanding that the manifestations aren't beings, they are manifestations. Essentially created by the creator when the summoner summons it. Capturing one would be no different from killing it, as it was made-to-order."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1202 on: October 26, 2014, 11:44:13 pm »

"Your arrogance pokes its head again, Cim. That was only a manifestation, capturing it would do no more to stop it than capturing one of our manifestations would stop us. He could just summon another one anyway, just as we would."
"Yeah, it's like trying to capture the manifestation of humanity - Me. So long as humanity exists I could  reform with all my powers intact, though it would take some time."
(It doesn't work that way.)
(So what else does 'preparations' mean? Planned reincarnation? Spare body?)
(Something like that, but that kind of detail is better done through PM)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 26, 2014, 11:44:41 pm »

"I would like to make a council proposal that says that Cim and Fusil are not allowed to talk to each other unless they're nice about it."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 26, 2014, 11:50:15 pm »

"The second I noticed that you took her, the council and I pulled her out. So no, you couldn't have."
"Without the distortion, would you have immediately known what had happened and where she had been taken? Optimally, she would have simply disappeared without a trace. (And if I hadn't been ninja'd, I could have explained my motives and plausibly dissuaded the council.) Still, let's not start this again, it was a mere example beside the point."

"Capturing one would be no different from killing it, as it was made-to-order."
"Maybe I overestimate the beings, then, as that is extremely inefficient compared to reusing and repurposing servants."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 26, 2014, 11:54:02 pm »

"Without the distortion, would you have immediately known what had happened and where she had been taken? Optimally, she would have simply disappeared without a trace. (And if I hadn't been ninja'd, I could have explained my motives and plausibly dissuaded the council.) Still, let's not start this again, it was a mere example beside the point."

"I had full contact with Tykki the entire time. She told me what happened. So yes, I would have."

"Maybe I overestimate the beings, then, as that is extremely inefficient compared to reusing and repurposing servants."

"You think it is easier to pull something out of a separate dimension whenever some mortal asks for it instead of just making a new one where they are? Besides, it isn't a servant. It is a manifestation. Do you even know what that word means? If you decided to go down the the world and see how all your super-secret followers are doing, and manifested as a human to do so, that would be a manifestation. It isn't a servant, it is you, and capturing it would not be able to stop the rest of you."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 27, 2014, 12:10:41 am »

"You think it is easier to pull something out of a separate dimension whenever some mortal asks for it instead of just making a new one where they are?"
"No, I don't. I think it's easier to move your creations elsewhere and repurpose them instead of letting them wither and using more Essence to create another. They don't need a separate dimension if they, say, use the underwater temple as a hideout. And for large enough things, transportation becomes easier than creation, even for long distances."

"It isn't a servant, it is you, and capturing it would not be able to stop the rest of you."
"Not completely nor immediately, no. But the Essence spent on the manifestation gets locked away from them. Banishing allows them to keep some of it as they escape. In the long game of attrition, that counts. Unless they're stupid enough not to care about their Essence total, which does make it unnecessary."

"Besides, with such inquisitiveness as you have, wouldn't you like to interrogate them to learn more of their motives?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 27, 2014, 12:25:24 am »

"Still, let's not start this again, it was a mere example beside the point."
>:(

(^IC)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 27, 2014, 02:46:10 am »

"I would like to make a council proposal that says that Cim and Fusil are not allowed to talk to each other unless they're nice about it."
Anath quickly agrees. "This has my support."

Anath will also listen the the prayers of his followers...
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 27, 2014, 05:08:07 am »

"Oh, it is that time. Time to choose a victor in my contest."

He chooses a painting him and the Muses have agreed on, a whimsical painting of various caricatures of all of the Races in the world, and most of the God Symbols. As a reward, he blesses his painting.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 27, 2014, 05:29:58 am »

Yaos once again does INCEPTION on the dwarven king. This time, she's more aggressive. She makes digging deeper his driving goal in life, to put all effort into digging deeper, and to put the kingdom's resources into digging deeper, spurned on for the promise of ever greater riches. As a catalyst, she uses the memory of the Armu and their freely given wealth as a base for the idea that digging deeper is ultimately better. This idea will not naturally go away on its own.

(Come on, give me some demons!)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:32:34 am by Andres »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1211 on: October 27, 2014, 07:18:43 am »

Spoiler: research (click to show/hide)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 27, 2014, 09:41:40 am »

(Come on, give me some demons!)

(Why would there be demons down there? We never buried any...)

Anyway, I think I will try introducing the Armu to a new race each tick. On both worlds, I have a Dwarf-friend introduce the Armu to the Mountwyrms, opening up more trading relations.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1213 on: October 27, 2014, 12:32:12 pm »

((If you want demons, make some?))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 27, 2014, 03:28:01 pm »

(One: I can't. 2: I don't want to. 3: None of us specifically created metal either, yet it exists. 4: Adamantine has also been hinted to exist, so why not demons? 5: Even if there are no demons, they might find something interesting.)
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 475