Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615170 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: Tick 17: Zoonotic Zebras
« Reply #1275 on: October 28, 2014, 07:10:35 pm »

"Not at all."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: October 28, 2014, 07:12:03 pm »

(Good luck with that. The guy is like 10000 years old by now.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: October 28, 2014, 07:23:44 pm »

Locate the perfect mate for Alprozem and subtly lure the mate to his location. Make it seem random and don't let on that I'm involved. Don't force anything, just try to pick a good natural match.
(Totally not acting out of character. He's technically hungering for something so I say it's still within my sphere.)

Also enable sufficiently faithful Gruen such as priests to use the faith of the Gruen population to perform minor miracles to make up for my negligence thus far in checking on them.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: October 28, 2014, 07:39:40 pm »

Awaken from your delicate sleep.

Create spiritual Rhinos of Light. These rhinos of light wander the plains and appear to very tired soldiers. A soldier who is visited by such a Whirikatuanda is strenghtened for battle for the next three days. The blessed will not sleep, he will be able to see in the dark, he will be tireless. After the three days the blessed will fall asleep and dream of his quest to come. The Whirikatuanda appear only to the devout believers of the Light and some few who have the Light sparkling in them without knowing the lecture.

Teach the Luminee to herd and domesticate llamas.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1279 on: October 28, 2014, 07:57:31 pm »

Tick 18: Battle buying BETA

The Armu have made contact with the Night Elves. Maps of the Shadowdeep* are exchanged, as are many interestingly shaped weapons and trinkets. The Armu seem to like the metal star maps the Night Elves construct.

(Fusil: It matters to anyone using currency, and you can't really do major actions without some casualties. Minor actions are still possible and fairly easy without too many deaths.)

Serac has begun listening to some prayers:
"If only Serac made the electric rays around our towns more intelligent and trainable."
"Can you make us bright and colorful island turtles?"
"It's hard to heat metal enough out in the open sea on top of a living creature. Can you show us a way, O Serac?"
"The tides are always bad when we try to dock for trade. Fix this!"

The golems have sent an emissary to the gremlins. The gremlins, recognizing the Firstborn of Khaziraad, immediately begin asking to hire it or send production orders to their famous ultramafic island furnaces. The golem offers to transport a small group of skilled craftsgremlins back to the nearest golem settlement, and many jump at the opportunity for seeing how the golems' lands look.

The blessed painter is currently completing a commission for a carricature of a local administrator. Artisanii has announced a new Contest for sculptors and engravers! The Mantra begin spreading the news everywhere.

Interesting recent Gruen mutations include the following:
Electric muscles/organs from the giant electric rays
Gliding from flying squirrels
Heat resistance from some clay soil
Metallic ridges from assorted metal lumps
Saltwater gills from assorted fish

A few dozen Slythan lifeweavers have joined together to form the first Experiment-House of Life. They wait for guidance from Joha on what to do next. Kifo has begun playing Cheat. None of the mortals get resurrections, and it seems that all the present angels are quite skilled anyway.

Joha has helped shift some trees to make trade to Wood Elven cities easier. This increases trade volume. and has named the jellyfish Ikan.

Fusil has granted a suspicious girl's  unanswered wish for a pony with a tentacle mouth by transforming a female Armu into a pony-shaped creature. The suspicious girl detects no Funny Energy and becomes annoyed with the Armu. He has also granted a wish for a sentient doll by binding a very recently dead female petty thief into a doll.

Tykki: "No, Sir. Even the power of Yaos and Joha could not heal him. Perhaps his sister may be persuaded to learn magic, Sir?"

Azem has blessed the party of Sorae attempting to collect a few shinies from the island. After a few days on the island, they run back to their transport, having successfully collected a golden apple despite having a powerful illusion mage. They leave a few hours before a golem construction company arrives to build a trap-filled temple of treasure. Alprozem seems content that your response was not one of anger or annoyance and spreads the news to all the levels of clergy.
Gem Council Quartz: "Azemsewit!"

Azem has also created two basic angels. Grauel has begun subtle matchmaking for Alprozem, ancient Prophet of Azem and Guardian of the First Piece. A ruby dragon arrives.

Grauel has granted priests limited control over prayers and access to the people's Belief for the purpose of fulfilling them.

The Light has created three Rhinos of Light, which appear to tired soldiers and bless them to be indefatigable and strengthened for three days. After this, those blessed by the Whirikatuanda will sleep and dream of their special quests. The Whirikatuanda seek only those who are of the Light.

The Luminee have begun herding and taming llamas.

This update's dominant constellations are the Lance and Phoenix. The Keshan aurora are somewhat visible

(Fusil: -1E, Azem -1E, The Light: -2E)

(I feel like I've missed something.)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0*) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (4) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

New players are still welcome. While the war stuff should be released by tick 23, there is still plenty of room for more creation and HTML canvas learning. Army purchases may be available starting Tick 18.

Sphere ideas this update are Trees, Dawn, Trickery, and Knowledge.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: October 28, 2014, 08:18:05 pm »

Pff. Little girl disappointed in a FREE talking tentacle pony? I didn't even know they could feel eldrich energies. I might have to get her to join Strike Team Fusil.

(Fusil: It matters to anyone using currency, and you can't really do major actions without some casualties. Minor actions are still possible and fairly easy without too many deaths.)

Pff. What does the god of Weapons care for silly mortal "economies"? They should just use weapons as a currency if it is that bad to them.

Anyway, four races left. Might as well get them all out in one foul swoop.

A group of Armu appears to the golums, coming out of their statues. They offer a verity of colorful construction-quality rocks, because apparently some people care about "economies". They also talk with the leadership, insuring lasting piece. Do this on both worlds, of course.

For the Lumanee, they arrive from the sky again, this time in the direction of the sun, lightly glowing white light. Yep, I am running out of cool contact ideas.

For the Hummingbirds, the group of Armu come towards town balancing shields on spear tips, using several arms to do so. They are also humming the popular songs of the Armu, because why not.

Finally, the Wood Elves. The Armu come out of the trees around the wood elf settlements, and offer them fertilizer. Because everyone else already got all the good stuff. Talk to their leadership ECT.

The Sorea and other Beings can go drown for all I care. Water god's corrupted followers...

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: Tick 18: Battle buying BETA
« Reply #1281 on: October 28, 2014, 08:26:24 pm »

(Fusil: )

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: October 28, 2014, 08:55:00 pm »

Anath appears before his followers, and asks that they build him a grand temple on the locations he made the first Star Elves (one temple per world), where the Nightguard will be headquartered and where his most highest priests can have a home base.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: October 28, 2014, 09:26:25 pm »

(You missed my dialogue with the sister. On top of that, the proposal is NOT about immortals. The point of it was to stop the reincarnation of souls/personal afterlives from affecting worship.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1284 on: October 28, 2014, 10:09:49 pm »

Hey, my followers are not corrupted! All of them were given immunity from the void powers by me!
((Kilojoule, can you confirm please?))

"If only Serac made the electric rays around our towns more intelligent and trainable."
I meant too do that actually...
Granted!
"Can you make us bright and colorful island turtles?"
Why? Making each island turtle colourful will only promote competition.
"It's hard to heat metal enough out in the open sea on top of a living creature. Can you show us a way, O Serac?"
And I meant to give that to the Ritan. The names were the other way originally...
Move the metal over to the Ritan? Would that have any harmful effects?
"The tides are always bad when we try to dock for trade. Fix this!"
You have wings... I will grant you floatstone.
Replace the current metal with a stone, that when exposed to light (any light) will float into the air.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1285 on: October 29, 2014, 12:01:35 am »

Yaos:
Bereaved girl: "You stupid gods only ever make things worse! He was already sick before and now he's only getting worse! I hate you all! Get ooout! Get out!"
The girl seems to be too distressed to converse meaningfully with you at the moment. You should probably wait until she is in less of an angrysad mood. (fateblock)

(The reason for why I drafted it such that afterlife residents don't provide any Worship is because letting them give Worship would actually reward having dead followers removed from the worlds (and also because they are technically immortal while in the afterlife).)

Fusil:
Armu-Golem contact: Much trade ensues as the Golems buy samples of the colorful rocks for testing and potentially building. The Armu are undoubtedly pleased by the array of many precision-cast and some precision-forged weapons made from various fantastic metals.

Armu-Luminee contact: The Luminee playwrights in this area seem to be interested in ultra-configurable intelligent stage hands and props. They hire a number of Armu.

Armu-Hummingbird contact: The Hummingbirds are impressed by your display of shields on spears but politely ask the Armu to stop the screeching or pay a fine. Some of the more intellectually inclined Armu stay at the School (and the current debate is about whether to widen and repave the road to the local Tree.

Armu-Wood Elf contact: The Armu offer much...fertilizer... to the Wood Elves. The Wood Elves buy a few samples for study and converse with the leaders of the Armu greeting party. It seems a few Armu want to join the Experiment-House on Slytha.

Anath: You have commisioned a temple on each world at the location of creation of the first Star Elves. The Nightguard and highest priests will be quartered in these temples.

(Serac actually has bought passive Void immunity for all his creations. This will obviously not work if they persist in following the Void because of free will issues, but it keeps background Void energy from mutating anyone not interested in being mutated.)

(Serac: -1+1E)
Serac: You make the electric rays more trainable and intelligent. There are now Electric Rayces around the Ritan towns.

(There are no harmful effects in moving the metal to the Ritan, but they are somewhat less able to get a good furnace than the Ritan, who have their citadel and friendly coastal land-dwellers with metal-working equipment.)

The Ritan have discovered a hard, melodious, and glowing metal! Unfortunately, it is hard to work metal underwater.

The Sorae have discovered floatstone, which floats when illuminated by any form of light. They find it quite useful for sports, docking, and the transport of small amounts of stuff.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: October 29, 2014, 12:11:41 am »

"us gods have been blocked from doing anything, but i will leave you alone."

(what? Im confused. I dont want dead followers to worship me from the afterlife. You said that if the population in the afterlife was equal to or greater than 5% of the mortal population, id get less worship quality from the kiving mortals. The proposal is to prevent the dead population from affecting the worship quality of those still willing.)

"im having trouble with a human. I think it has void sickness or something because i cant fix it. Anyone have any ideas?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1287 on: October 29, 2014, 12:19:04 am »

(Oh! I meant that if you skim 5% of your worshippers for the afterlife per tick, you're basically canceling out your worshippers' birth rate. It doesn't reduce the Quality or anything like that. They're almost like abstain votes or something (probably closer to "or something").)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 29, 2014, 12:22:19 am »

(what? Im confused. I dont want dead followers to worship me from the afterlife. You said that if the population in the afterlife was equal to or greater than 5% of the mortal population, id get less worship quality from the kiving mortals. The proposal is to prevent the dead population from affecting the worship quality of those still willing.)

(No. You see, we all have our followers reviving. If an Armu dies, he wakes up as a baby in the next world. So if we have 100 followers and they die, we still have 100 followers. You take them out of that cycle despite my warnings. So if you have 100 followers and they all die, now you only have 95. And repeat. That is why you are losing essence. Not directly because of the size of it, but because you are taking people out of the natural cycle. At least, that is what I think he is saying. )

"im having trouble with a human. I think it has void sickness or something because i cant fix it. Anyone have any ideas?"

"Don't go around killing parents? In any case, he is dead. If we end his suffering now, he will appear in the next world unharmed. I can prepare a nitrogen-asphyxiating bomb to painlessly kill him, if you want."

The Armu may do as they wish, be that study in the laboratory or attend school. As long as my children are happy, I am happy.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:27:02 am by Stirk »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: October 29, 2014, 01:01:52 am »

(So births only happen when theres a population of dead to sustain them....does population growth even happen? Well, get rid of the last proposal. Nobody wants that.)

"I propose that even if theres no souls waiting for reincarnation, babies will still be born. That way, people can go to private afterlives without adversely affecting our worshipper base."

@Fusil: "I didnt kill the mother you ass! And the babys sickness has nothing to do with his parents being dead! If it was a normal sickness either I or Joha could heal him but we cant. If its because of the void we should find out whats wrong with him rather than kill him...unless you dont want us to find out. Why would that be Fusil?"
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 475