Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615169 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: Tick 18: Battle buying BETA
« Reply #1335 on: October 29, 2014, 09:28:21 pm »

"I continue to urge gods to SUPPORT Proposal 18.00. We lose nothing from signing it into effect and it will prevent bad and entirely preventable things from happening to us. Serac, Anath, Azem, Cim, Varee, I expect all of you to support this considering you all have your own afterlives. Wouldn't it be better if they DIDN'T detract from your worshipper base? Don't you want more freedom - as gods, I'll remind - to do as you see fit without negative consequence?"

"I oppose this. You continue to toy with powers you do not understand, for your own selfish gain, because you don't find the reincarnation system 'good enough' for your followers. You should not toy around with mortal souls. Simply leave things as they are, for fear you might ruin the perfect system we have now for petty reasons. Also, quit trying to make the Dwarves dig deeper. Why are you even doing that? Focus on your own followers, you have a war on the horizon. If you are going to manipulate others, at least do it to your advantage instead of for randomness."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: October 29, 2014, 09:40:40 pm »

"I oppose this. You continue to toy with powers you do not understand, for your own selfish gain, because you don't find the reincarnation system 'good enough' for your followers. You should not toy around with mortal souls. Simply leave things as they are, for fear you might ruin the perfect system we have now for petty reasons."
"Perfect system? If it was perfect it would allow for afterlives with no problem at all. Petty reasons? With your first breath you say it's not right to toy with mortal souls, and in the next you chastise me for attempting to provide a genuinely good atmosphere for them to exist with the caveat that I am not unnecessarily punished for it. There are NO downsides to changing the system in the way I have suggested. The only arguments you have put forth are 'you don't know what I'm doing' or 'the system is perfect and I would know because I would benefit from the new one' or 'I'm scared of change'. Do you have any good reasons for not changing it? Any? Please tell us. The 'we don't know what will happen' argument is invalid because we are GODS and we can choose exactly what will happen."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 29, 2014, 09:46:33 pm »

"Perfect system? If it was perfect it would allow for afterlives with no problem at all. Petty reasons? With your first breath you say it's not right to toy with mortal souls, and in the next you chastise me for attempting to provide a genuinely good atmosphere for them to exist with the caveat that I am not unnecessarily punished for it. There are NO downsides to changing the system in the way I have suggested. The only arguments you have put forth are 'you don't know what I'm doing' or 'the system is perfect and I would know because I would benefit from the new one' or 'I'm scared of change'. Do you have any good reasons for not changing it? Any? Please tell us. The 'we don't know what will happen' argument is invalid because we are GODS and we can choose exactly what will happen."

"What is the point of afterlives, young god? If we made this planet perfect, we would have no need of them. That was the purpose of the system. Why bring them out of the cycle, when they can be happy and essentially live forever on the two planets? You don't know what will happen, yet say you do. You are a fool, the God Master even warned you that such an action would have unforeseen consequences. Yet you ignore that, happily trudging on towards oblivion. And for what? So a handful of humans can worship you? They could have done that without being pulled from the system. If you want worship, get it from the living. Don't mess with the dead. The system we have now is fine, and there is no need for you to break it for a few more essence points! If you are so worried about losing followers just. make. more."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 29, 2014, 09:50:00 pm »

The Luuval shall grow new castes; one to commune with all spiritual beings in a hyperplane; one caste to cause telekinetic effects and telepathy.

The Fanfare of Light is played boldly and viciously too strengthen the spirit of all beings equal.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 29, 2014, 09:56:53 pm »

"What is the point of afterlives, young god? If we made this planet perfect, we would have no need of them. That was the purpose of the system. Why bring them out of the cycle, when they can be happy and essentially live forever on the two planets? You don't know what will happen, yet say you do. You are a fool, the God Master even warned you that such an action would have unforeseen consequences. Yet you ignore that, happily trudging on towards oblivion. And for what? So a handful of humans can worship you? They could have done that without being pulled from the system. If you want worship, get it from the living. Don't mess with the dead. The system we have now is fine, and there is no need for you to break it for a few more essence points! If you are so worried about losing followers just. make. more."
(There seems to be a grave misunderstanding. The GM said that having people already in the afterlife being able to worship you would be broken. I agree and I DO NOT want that. The system I propose makes it so that people in the afterlife are still UNABLE TO WORSHIP but that it does not affect the BIRTH RATE of the LIVING. All Yaos is asking is for an increase in the spawn rate of souls so that more living sapients are able to be born, unaffected by the extraction of souls from the world into the afterlife.

At the moment, souls get reincarnated and can worship while they're alive. If they die and go to an afterlife instead of reincarnating, they stop being able to worship. The problem is that the amount of souls capable of worshipping (those that reincarnate) is decreasing while the amount of souls NOT capable of worshipping (those that go to an afterlife) is increasing. The aim of the proposal is to increase the spawn rate of souls so that the amount of souls capable of worship stays the same regardless of the amount of souls that go to afterlives.

If the proposal passes, souls in the afterlife will REMAIN INCAPABLE of worship.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:12:54 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 29, 2014, 10:16:39 pm »

(There seems to be a grave misunderstanding. The GM said that having people already in the afterlife being able to worship you would be broken. I agree and I DO NOT want that. The system I propose makes it so that people in the afterlife are still UNABLE TO WORSHIP but that it does not affect the BIRTH RATE of the LIVING. All Yaos is asking is for an increase in the spawn rate of souls so that more living sapients are able to be born, unaffected by the extraction of souls from the world into the afterlife.

At the moment, souls get reincarnated and can worship while they're alive. If they die and go to an afterlife instead of reincarnating, they stop being able to worship. The problem is that the amount of souls capable of worshipping (those that reincarnate) is decreasing while the amount of souls NOT capable of worshipping (those that go to an afterlife) is increasing. The aim of the proposal is to increase the spawn rate of souls so that the amount of souls capable of worship stays the same regardless of the amount of souls that go to afterlives.

If the proposal passes, souls in the afterlife will REMAIN INCAPABLE of worship.)

(Pretty much any automated boost or curse system applied to mortals will be likely to run into Literal Genie problems, especially if it is insufficiently rigorous or specific. This represents the lack of attention paid in exchange for the convenience of automation and is not a sign of any annoyance or wrath.)

(Do you think that WOULDN'T apply here? APPARENTLY we need to use RANDOM CAPS for you to read things appropriately. Both Fusil and I are aware what is happening and sticking to what I have been saying.)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 29, 2014, 10:25:41 pm »

(Hmm. I was just using caps to highlight keywords. Sorry if that came off as condescending or something. :( I would have to counter the Literal Genie argument by saying that the system proposed has been detailed enough to pass through without any problems. Besides that, I can't really say any more on the issue. I should really get that advisor angel.)

Yaos creates an angel with even less combat ability than a Controller Angel. Its only job will be to give advice to Yaos in regards to what to do and how to do things.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1342 on: October 29, 2014, 10:39:04 pm »

Well, my afterlife is not so much a world to live in as a world to rest from life. So you will still reincarnate back to the normal worlds once you feel ready to return.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:16:33 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: October 30, 2014, 12:28:10 am »

"I see no point in spending my Essence on this. My plane would not even actually benefit from this, such as it is. Beyond that, said unforeseen consequences are possibly foreseen, definitely unwanted. I oppose this proposal (18.00)."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 30, 2014, 12:32:05 am »

"Beyond that, said unforeseen consequences are possibly foreseen, definitely unwanted."
"Wait a minute. You actually see a objective consequences? Please elaborate. I don't know of any consequences and it would be good if I did. At best we could probably even work around it and reach a satisfactory conclusion for everyone."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 30, 2014, 12:42:41 am »

"Fine. Let's have a leading question. Where would the new souls come from?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 30, 2014, 01:08:04 am »

"Where the current, newly-spawned souls come from. Not sure where that is exactly. Our imagination I guess?"
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 01:21:20 am by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 30, 2014, 01:28:27 am »

"They come from Belief. The belief of the mortals that the birth should happen regardless of if there's a free soul to reincarnate. To increase the amount of souls, they should come from somewhere else, and the most likely choices are either our Essence or the Void. If it is our Essence, we might as well create souls manually, and if it is the Void, the tainted souls might not be worth much for Worship and be counterproductive in that they would decrease our Influence."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1348 on: October 30, 2014, 02:45:20 am »

(And yes, I am a biochemistry major. Studying that and related subjects is actually more of a hobby than a chore, though. Also, Microbe Wars has been added to the ideas file.)

Azem: The Dwarves on both worlds seem to be fascinated with the sheer size and expanse of the (unrealistically) stable and deep Shadowdeep*. The world down there seems to be just as rich and diverse as the surface world, only without that evil daystar. They have made contact with some Night Elves, but the results of such contact remains a mystery with the ink-black twisting, labyrinthine caves reducing the chance of further contact. Some rumors exist of ancient, powerful beings buried deep in the planet's cores, but surely no one would be able to survive with such heat and pressure, and the gods didn't actually bother with the planets' interiors anyway.

As for the Mountwyrms, they have opened up some sparse sea trade routes between important towns. While Serac's creations still hold a monopoly on the more important routes, Mountwyrm trade companies abound in the more numerous or dangerous lanes. Currently, the focus of their ship-building is increased cargo capacity and speed.

(Grauel: -3E)
Grauel: You create the Four Faces of Hunger, each of which greatly increases its wearer's power. They are distributed to random places in the two worlds.

Yaos: The Underking maintains that the Dwarves must dig for treasure more than for the shallow (!) achievement of digging deeper, besides which gold isn't found in such abundance anywhere on account of its apparent attraction to planetary cores. Despite the dreams of the Gem Dragons' wealth, the Underking maintains that digging deeper will only end in tunnel collapses and further loss of miners.

(Yaos: -1E)
You encourage more Underkings to dig deeper. One Underking, who is apparently pregnant, is enraged at this apparent insult to Dwarven women and insists that you call her High Underqueen. While most of them agree that they really would like to match the first Underking (in this subplot) in wealth, most of them agree that hiring more cooks or carving crafts out of readily available marble would be far more efficient and less dangerous.

The Freeminers have gone on strike after a popular miner lost his dominant hand to poor working conditions deep in the mines. They demand working hospitals, working doctors, higher commission, and pensions.

Some particularly greedy, ambitious Dwarves have been inspired to dig deeper. Despite the warnings of the Freeminers, they continue to attempt to dig deeper in the deepest, most recently abandoned sections of the mine. Many die within the first few days.

Yaos also listens to some less-trivial wishes:
"I want to create a book with a list of words and their meanings. I must do it! Yaos and Artisanii help me!"
"Yaos, I need you to check on a house hosting Void cultists. We Inquisitors would do it but whatever."
"When I grow up, I want Yaos to make me an Inquisitatinator."
"By the power of Yaos and friendship, I lift this rock up! No? Curses."
"By my sword and Yaos, I hope to stop these skeletons from bothering us with their rattling."
"O Yaos, could you collapse my neighbor's house? He hosts cultists every evening and they used their Apathy god to make the Inquisition apathetic about it!"

(Yaos: -1E)
Yaos: You create a very weak corporeal helper to watch humanity and provide helpful advice every tick. (Advice dispensed regularly is not guaranteed to be helpful for the OOC reason that you don't always need advice and I don't always have advice to give.)

The Light: The Luuval differentiate further and develop a divine caste and a psionic caste. You also play your trumpet again, inspiring and strengthening many.

On a random, insignificant planet (existing solely for a gag) with water and basic single-celled life, a somehow-rusty asteroid falls in the oceans, turning them rust-colored and killing a significant proportion of them.

(Cim: Vote counted)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 30, 2014, 03:00:26 am »

"I am already investigating the Apathy cult. Don't destroy them just yet; I intend to weed them by the root."
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 475