Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616822 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/999 players] Game Thread/IC: Tick 18: Battle buying BETA
« Reply #1380 on: October 30, 2014, 06:45:42 pm »

*sigh* "Great. So god-killing swords are a thing. First, I would like to propose that nobody is allowed to create god-killing weapons. Sorry Fusil." :(

"Your sword-control laws won't help anybody. That won't stop the void. Even if not forbidden, I would need at least two other gods to make one. Three gods can no doubt bypass such a law."

She's hiding from us so we can't find her, and she's been missing for more than 41 days so if she had taken up the Void we'd already be seeing dead angels. Since we haven't, I don't think she will. Thirdly, fate will prevent us from doing anything even related to her, so we'd just be wasting time, energy, and Essence on practically nothing."

"It wouldn't follow the exact same path, of course. Why would you assume it would? If she had dissipated into a "Bubble" as the one in the example had, it would certainly explain the fact she dispersed...We should at least look for eldrich energies in the general area."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: October 30, 2014, 06:56:49 pm »

"Your sword-control laws won't help anybody. That won't stop the void. Even if not forbidden, I would need at least two other gods to make one. Three gods can no doubt bypass such a law."
"I'm not hearing a 'SUPPORT'. I'm guessing that means you plan on making one."

"It wouldn't follow the exact same path, of course. Why would you assume it would? If she had dissipated into a "Bubble" as the one in the example had, it would certainly explain the fact she dispersed...We should at least look for eldrich energies in the general area."
"Good idea, but someone else will have to do it. All my angels are doing stuff and the area is too large for my Inquisitors to do a good search, and they're busy any way."

The Emperor commands the Inquisition to learn more non-lethal combat techniques. The Emperor also reminds them that they are to try to rescue child Heretics so they can be re-educated at a (NON-ORWELLIAN) re-education facility. I'll also remind the God Master that the re-education facilities are more like rehab or lost-and-troubled-teen places than prisons or something and that the Inquisitors are closer to (film version) Men in Black rather than....historical inquisitors.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:59:37 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 30, 2014, 06:57:50 pm »

((Yes i want to make the morphglob))
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1383 on: October 30, 2014, 06:59:05 pm »

I doubt she created void bubbles, I was thinking more of summoning void gods actually. That book was mostly unrelated, and not even from our world.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1384 on: October 30, 2014, 07:15:47 pm »

Tick 20:

The farmer's village seems to be thriving. Not too much seems to happen around them.

The main Underking has recently been irritated by a strike initiated by the Freeminers, who demand better working conditions in the deeper layers of the mine, where spontaneous cave-ins from the pressure are more likely and conditions are far more dangerous. Some independent Dwarves have decided to ignore the Freeminers' mine closure and warnings and dig deeper, resulting in several deaths within the first few days. The other Underkings and Underqueens have decided to match the output of the main Underking through the safer arts of cooking and crafting more readily available stone.

Grauel has created the Four Faces of Hunger, which are masks that greatly increase their wearers' power. They are randomly distributed across both worlds.

The first lexicon has been created with the blessing of both Yaos and Artisanii. It is far from complete, but it is a large, significant step in the direction of prescribed language.

Yaos has created Jeffrey, a minor angel tasked with providing regular advice and watching the humans.

The Light has caused the Luuval to differentiate further to form a divine caste and a psionic caste. They make communication much easier.

A miracle-worker has submitted an entry for Artisanii's sculpture contest. It is a dragon figurine carved from a single grain of sand. Other entries include the following:
  • A seated, ponderous Gruen of wood
  • A Muse carrying a dead prophet of Luminee of marble
  • A pillar on which a horrifying Void epic is inscribed
  • A massive statue of Cim in a seat of judgment
  • A depiction of a resting human with the head of a tiger
  • An arch on which the exploits of a famous Gruen general are listed
  • Three Muses facing each other covering their eyes with their hands
  • An actual Klein bottle-shaped bronze space with a tiled map of the known world

A group of human children have introduced a playground game in which they become Inquisinitators and chased a group of Heretics around and disappear them by piling on. Many actual Inquisitors are displeased by this potentially inaccurate representation but fear the consequences of interrogating children.

A human has managed to lift a rock through belief. He and a few companions host a large party to celebrate and everyone ish their friendsh, even that god Yaosh.

Chyribylta, god of Fear and Ignorance, has been born in these uncertain times!

Khaziraad has given the gremlins a castle heart, which grows by using and integrating nearby structures.

A cult of Apathy has been exterminated. It seems a bit of a shame when none of the members really even did anything that harmful to anyone else.

The Slythan Wood Elves have invented a new, magical variety of lettuce with the ability to produce ice while growing. The Keshan Wood Elves have increased international trade.

Lycae near human settlements have continued to observe them cautiously. The humans are not aware of this surveillance.

The Ikan remain oblivious of the existence of sapients deep in the atmospheres of both worlds. They are skeptical about the ability of anything to survive the high pressures.

A Humanos Grande stomps a bunch of skeletons in a human village. It seems Kifo was only practicing for the last day of October, when the dead rise and dance to its eerie violin solo.

Jeffrey advises Yaos to hold a festival of war to prepare to send off soldiers for the war. Yaos has opened up heretic rehabilitation facilities (operating on the principle of Voidy talks).

Varee has created 30 000 blob-like shapeshifters across both worlds.

This update's dominant constellations are the Shield and Sword. The Keshan aurora are very clear in the night sky.

(Varee: -5E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (+1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (4) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

New players are still welcome. While the war stuff should be released by tick 23, there is still plenty of room for more creation still.

Sphere ideas this update are Children, Strength, Knowledge, and Destruction.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: October 30, 2014, 07:35:16 pm »

Yaos has opened up heretic rehabilitation facilities (operating on the principle of Voidy talks).
(That was actually a reminder that they already exist. The facilities have existed ever since the Inquisitors were a thing and I'd already mentioned them a while ago (the first time I elaborated on the description of the Inquisition if I remember correctly). Void worshippers are not treated as Heretics, but rather as something else entirely.)

"Any advice Jeffrey?"

The dwarves who make profit off of cooking and crafting and stuff are shown images of elves making a living by doing the same thing. They are also shown images of other races secretly laughing at these dwarves calling them things like 'little elves' or 'girly beards' or whatever. The point is to show how shameful it is for proud dwarves such as themselves to put themselves on the same level as elves. They are also shown images of other races looking upon the first Underking with awe and respect by how he gains wealth and that that king and his subjects are truly Dwarven.

((What kind of dwarves are we using? Dwarf Fortress dwarves don't make tunnels that collapse, but then there's the 'time slowing down' thing and the 'meals and crafts' thing so I'm thoroughly confused on how to interact with them.))

(Repost)
@Joha: "So waddya think of my supes awesome idea, Joha? Just a little help with making some angels and I start an annual festival in your honour!" :D "I can also get the Emperor to make some temples for you if you want."

Malik inspires Slythan merchants to compete with the Gem Dragons by trying to corner human economies. Perhaps by instituting a guild or something.

((I also withdrew my own support of Proposal 18.00. You can rid the list of that proposal if you want.))

Yaos checks to see if the Breaker Knights turned in the ones that burned down that village and killed a hundred people. Yaos does NOT want the leaders - just the ones who were in the attack.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:07:42 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 30, 2014, 08:13:33 pm »

(Yeah, all those fields are pretty interesting in my opinion.)

Suddenly I feel a strong urge to check how faithful the Gruen are... Crazy kids with their primordial killing swords and access to eldritch magic. *Mumbles incoherently to self*

Have the Gruen Priests start checking to see how strong faith towards me still is and have them continue strengthening it. Non loyal Gruen are to be rounded up and forced to fill out tedious forms explaining why they turned away from the faith as punishment.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 30, 2014, 11:39:10 pm »

Anath eyes the other gods. "In regard to god slaying swords, we all did sign my accord where we agreed not to try to kill each other. I think 'trying to kill each other with god slaying swords' counts as trying to kill each other, so that's already forbidden."

Anath also checks on the prayers of the Termitia, Star Squid, and Star Dragons since the Night Elves seem to be doing ok.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 30, 2014, 11:42:42 pm »

Might as well introduce ourselves to our betentacled brothers.

I have the Armu great the Ikan, high in the sky. Bring normal grass and rocks, I am sure that will blow their minds.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 30, 2014, 11:44:12 pm »

Anath eyes the other gods. "In regard to god slaying swords, we all did sign my accord where we agreed not to try to kill each other. I think 'trying to kill each other with god slaying swords' counts as trying to kill each other, so that's already forbidden."
"Yeah but the proposal will ban people from making or owning them. It'll make it just that little bit harder for someone to kill another god."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 30, 2014, 11:45:00 pm »

"Yeah but the proposal will ban people from making or owning them. It'll make it just that little bit harder for someone to kill another god."

"If they would break one law, what would stop them from breaking two?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 30, 2014, 11:55:17 pm »

"That's no reason not have laws! At the very least we should agree on this on principal alone!" >:I

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1392 on: October 31, 2014, 12:00:30 am »

You say god killing sword, but it wasn't really. It could kill angels, but I doubt it would be able to kill a god. Besides, they would have to find you...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 31, 2014, 12:01:10 am »

"That's no reason not have laws! At the very least we should agree on this on principal alone!" >:I

"I disagree with banning weapons on principle alone! There is no need to fill our council with pointless and redundant laws."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 31, 2014, 12:08:03 am »

You say god killing sword, but it wasn't really. It could kill angels, but I doubt it would be able to kill a god. Besides, they would have to find you...
"Yeah but if there were weapons capable of killing gods we'd want to ban them, right?"
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 475