Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615181 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T26: Onset
« Reply #1545 on: November 06, 2014, 08:04:47 pm »

(I didn't intend to make a lotr reference at first. I even got the number of rings gems right.)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T27: Building and recruiting
« Reply #1546 on: November 06, 2014, 08:30:18 pm »

Tick 27: Building and recruiting

(Build orders up to now are being processed. Special units will be available for purchase in a few hours. You can now click on the map to drop a pointer and get the coordinates of the pixel on which you clicked to guide armies more precisely and stuff. Battle-relevant structures (e.g. walls) will be made visible for scouted cities soon.)

Khaziraad has created the Puzzle Boxes, which are shifting 3D mazes, in the wilds between civilizations.

Yaos has claimed some recently discovered lands for the Empire. An ambitious human has decided to become a super villain. He has been scolded by his parents for making a mess in the kitchen and has been sent to his room to Brood Darkly.

Grauel has created the Garden of Hunger, a partition of the large grand spirit dimension in which followers of Hunger may feast before cycling back to life. A party of Gruen have arrived on the Island of Death and Riches. They seem not to be too greedy for riches and are mostly ignored for the most part by the assorted guardians of treasure. One bored, slightly treasure-seeking Gruen has been caught and eaten by a spider.

Fusil has created the Seppo, a race of weak but skilled smiths and enchanters to assist the Armu in creating weapons. They appear to be flowing blobs of metal.

Artisanii has sent an Inspheration to the Keshan grand shrine and made an appearance, requesting a perfect work. No one knows or can agree on the definition of a perfect work, but the consequences of actually being able to fulfill this commission are unknown and not to be dismissed.

Rufus reports that the various races are, unfortunately, in a state of great mistrust. The Dream angel tries to spread understanding and peace, but this appears to be only slightly successful.

The Light has created many wandering fireflies of many colors and a race of humanoid cacti to populate the Desert of Despairing Heats.

Neron has created the Rani, a race of magically gifted flightless avians, to inhabit the great temple of ice and spread the way of the cold.

Azem has created seven magic gems and given them to the underkings and underqueens. They are pleased at the gift and grow closer to Azem.

Yaos has checked on the Underqueen's twins. It appears that both of them are much younger than the current heir and too young to have such propensities for digging anyway. The current heir is a popular dwarf renowned for his progressive dreams of a massive underground trade network linked with the Star elves and their efficient Noxen transport network.

This update's dominant constellations are the Crown and Gravestone. There is an intense aurora over Keshan. The ice ring above Slytha has become more visible.

(Khaziraad: -2E, Grauel: -1E, Fusil: -16E, Artisanii: -1E, Light: -4E, Neron: -2E, Azem: -2E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are no longer being added for the war minigame, although new players in general are welcome. Secret/special stuff is being deployed, but basic purchases are available now.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 06, 2014, 08:40:11 pm »

Yaos creates 9 orbs of power and gives them to the emperors and kings of Slytha. They will augment their magic, charisma, their skill-at-arms, or whatever their primary attribute is, and compel them to commit acts of great Ambition. More (open) Yaos worship = MOAR POWAH

Edit: (If the kings attempt to increase their power by having people worship Yaos, it'll work.)

Edit2: (Yaos doesn't go down and actually give the orbs to them, they just 'find' them while on hunting trips or in their garden or something. They're the size of golf balls and only the kings will notice them and pick them up.)
(Ahem.)

Since it's the next day, Yaos has turned into her guy form.

"So can everyone vote on Proposal 24.00? Wouldn't want it just expire now would we? While we're on the subject of proposals I propose that we place both gas giants near the Slythan sun and put an Essence generator in between to give us Essence."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: November 06, 2014, 08:49:56 pm »

Yaos creates 9 orbs of power and gives them to the emperors and kings of Slytha. They will augment their magic, charisma, their skill-at-arms, or whatever their primary attribute is, and compel them to commit acts of great Ambition. More (open) Yaos worship = MOAR POWAH

Edit: (If the kings attempt to increase their power by having people worship Yaos, it'll work.)

Edit2: (Yaos doesn't go down and actually give the orbs to them, they just 'find' them while on hunting trips or in their garden or something. They're the size of golf balls and only the kings will notice them and pick them up.)
(Ahem.)

Since it's the next day, Yaos has turned into her guy form.

"So can everyone vote on Proposal 24.00? Wouldn't want it just expire now would we? While we're on the subject of proposals I propose that we place both gas giants near the Slythan sun and put an Essence generator in between to give us Essence."

"Why out of the world would gravity generate essance? Essance is not a pure form of energy, and if it was surly we could find a better way of generating it. Especially if this somehow makes more than it takes away. We might as well build an ever-burning pile of coal and get essance from that. I am against this."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 06, 2014, 08:50:56 pm »

"I can see the appeal of such a plane. 24.00 has my support. I reserve the right to run a betting ring."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 06, 2014, 09:00:07 pm »

"Why out of the world would gravity generate essance? Essance is not a pure form of energy, and if it was surly we could find a better way of generating it. Especially if this somehow makes more than it takes away. We might as well build an ever-burning pile of coal and get essance from that. I am against this."
"Gravity can generate Essence because magic and we're gods. You think you might've learned that by now. That ever-burning pile of coal isn't a bad idea though...... GM! Please put down a proposal for an ever-burning pile of coal under Fusil's name!"

"I can see the appeal of such a plane. 24.00 has my support. I reserve the right to run a betting ring."
"Nice! I never thought of that before! But then again, I'm not the god of gambling, am I?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 06, 2014, 09:03:11 pm »

"Gravity can generate Essence because magic and we're gods. You think you might've learned that by now. That ever-burning pile of coal isn't a bad idea though...... GM! Please put down a proposal for an ever-burning pile of coal under Fusil's name!"

"If he does, I am shooting you in the face with a gun twice the size of your body. Generating essance lowers the value of essance, making it more and more worthless as we build more and more while our income from typical sources does not rise to meat the new inflated price for everything. We should simply get essance from our natural sources. Why don't you just accept that? Why must you grab at every extra essance point you can? You are not even willing to spend two measly points on your arena."

(You could literally build it yourself for two essance points.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 06, 2014, 09:08:46 pm »

"I don't know what their excuse is, but I'm the god of Greed. I like free stuff."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: November 06, 2014, 09:16:18 pm »

Ah, but there is something valuable to the Gruen on the Island. New exotic creatures to eat! Or have they all forgotten?

Grauel kindly reminds the Gruen that the Island is full of fantastic treasure that they would be interested in. By which he means a treasure trove of different exotic creatures to eat. Including the Defenders of the actual treasure! If they win against the treasure defenders, they are also reminded that more treasure hunters will be coming for the shinies and that defending the treasure in place of the original creature is a great way to have food come to them.

The defenders that lose to the Gruen probably weren't very worthy defenders anyway and the ones that win against the Gruen will hopefully eat them like the spider and become ever stronger and more ferocious Grue-Hybrids.

Azem, if you have issue with this, let me know. I don't intend any offense, it just seemed like it would make things more exciting there.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: November 06, 2014, 09:24:08 pm »

(You could literally build it yourself for two essance points.)
(I could, but I don't want to.)

"Generating essance lowers the value of essance, making it more and more worthless as we build more and more while our income from typical sources does not rise to meat the new inflated price for everything."
"You're thinking of WU or worship quality or whatever it's called - not E. E is an objective unit of....stuff that doesn't lose value the more you have of it. Git lurned Fusol."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 09:46:58 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1555 on: November 06, 2014, 11:39:09 pm »

Yaos: You create nine orbs of Ambition and give them to the nine most powerful kings, queens, emperors, and empresses on Slytha.

(Gravity generating Essence has been knocked down by fiat. It would make little sense to have a completely cross-aligned adiabatic process generate or consume Essence at all.)

(Azem: Vote counted)

Grauel: The Gruen colonizers take a sudden interest in the various creatures on the island. The end result is that the island becomes far more deadly than before. There are some losses on the party's part, but most of them survive and end up defending the treasures for the free food they bring.

(Also, Essence inflation is real but only really happens noticeably when things like the generator or free additional Essence income plan introduce more into the system.)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 07, 2014, 12:22:35 am »

Anath finds that he doesn't care enough about the idea of a Death Battle Plane to vote in either direction for it.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1557 on: November 07, 2014, 12:37:25 am »

(Anath: Vote counted)

(Yaos: -2E, since it wasn't listed)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 07, 2014, 01:48:51 am »

Yaos asks Jeffrey for advice and checks to see if the Duondio died already so it can start helping people.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 07, 2014, 03:44:53 am »

Check on my condition, and create a spirit named Sanaa who inhabits blessed arts on both worlds. They also inhabit the library. They not only inspire but can help mortals communicate to Artisanii by talking to works of Art, believe it or not.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 475