Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617076 times)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T26: Onset
« Reply #1560 on: November 07, 2014, 05:45:49 am »

I go listen to some prayer from owner of gambling dens and gamblers.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: November 07, 2014, 06:24:49 am »

I go listen to some prayer from owner of gambling dens and gamblers.
(That gives me an idea.)

Instead of listening to random prayers, Yaos listens to the prayers of the Orb Holders and the heir to the Underqueen.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 06:28:15 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T27.5: Finalization
« Reply #1562 on: November 07, 2014, 07:37:34 am »

Tick 27.5: Finalization

Yaos has created nine orbs of Ambition and distributed them to the most powerful humans on Slytha.

The island of Death and Riches has been colonized by a small party of Gruen, who have taken it upon themselves to help in guarding the treasure. As a result, the ratio of Death to Riches has increased, and some report the presence of fast-acting poisonous golden apple trees covered in moss.

Jeffrey advises that Yaos begin preparing an army, what with the start of the (either human or Gruen) invasion approaching rapidly. The Duondio seems to have become a lore-keeper and spends most of his remaining days telling interesting stories to both young and old.

(Artisanii: Could you rewrite that to clarify your intention? I'm a bit unsure about what it's supposed to mean.)

The family responsible for starting a network of gambling dens praises Varee but hopes that he keeps them relatively safe from the recent rash of robberies.

The heir to the Underqueen does not pray to Yaos. It seems the war has driven the Dwarves away from most of the gods and toward Azem, Anath, and Khaziraad. Many of the Orb Holders, however, have prayed a bit:
Mighty King: "By my Ambition and my Orb, I pray that Yaos grant me this province!"
Tome-Queen: "All secrets shall be unlocked with the help of Yaos, Prince of Drive."
Devoted Lord: "None of my people shall dare defy your will, O Yaos."
Terrific Warlady: "Yaos grant us victory this day! Charge! For the High Race!"
Immense Emperor: "Thanks to Yaos and my efforts, my family and I shall never starve."
Potent Sovereign: "We shall put down these rebelling villains. Yaos guarantees it."
Inquisitive Empress: "Grant me the vision to see their crimes, as you have done for all before."
The other two are currently in need of little.

This update's dominant constellations are the Hammer and Sword. The aurora over Keshan continue to be very active. The ice ring above Slytha has returned to normal.

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

The gas giants remain uncreated.

New players are no longer being added for the war minigame, although new players in general are welcome. Secret/special stuff is being deployed, but basic purchases are available now.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 07, 2014, 08:15:30 am »

Azem listens to the prayers of the most powerful leaders among his followers.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 07, 2014, 09:18:24 am »

I thought that dwarves were primarily worshipers of Azem, though their prayers are not surprising. Let's hear what they have to say.

Also, create 300 massive worm like creatures that would tunnel through earth or sand, leaving tunnels in their wake. They would feed upon metal ores and excrete pure metals.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 07, 2014, 04:08:49 pm »

Also, create 300 massive worm like creatures that would tunnel through earth or sand, leaving tunnels in their wake. They would feed upon metal ores and excrete pure metals.[/b][/color]
(They seem rather similar to the Burrowers Beneath. I wonder how they'll react to one another.)

Jeffrey advises that Yaos begin preparing an army, what with the start of the (either human or Gruen) invasion approaching rapidly.
(I would but I'm still waiting on Special Units to be finished what with the whole Humanos, Paladin, and Saeva thing unless they're handled differently. They aren't naturally reproducing races so I don't know if Points are used in making them or merely Essence. I also don't know how many of each make a unit. I have 100 Paladins so does that make a unit? I have 1,000 Humanos Grande so does that make 10 units? Are these not going to be counted at all? It's ok if they're not; this is just a mini-game after all.)

Mighty King: "By my Ambition and my Orb, I pray that Yaos grant me this province!"
Tome-Queen: "All secrets shall be unlocked with the help of Yaos, Prince of Drive."
Devoted Lord: "None of my people shall dare defy your will, O Yaos."
Terrific Warlady: "Yaos grant us victory this day! Charge! For the High Race!"
Immense Emperor: "Thanks to Yaos and my efforts, my family and I shall never starve."
Potent Sovereign: "We shall put down these rebelling villains. Yaos guarantees it."
Inquisitive Empress: "Grant me the vision to see their crimes, as you have done for all before."
The other two are currently in need of little.
Blessed.
Blessed.
Double-blessed.
Blessed.
Ignore.
Blessed.
Blessed.
I assume they're praying to me, but just not requesting anything. If they're not praying to me, the orbs show a decrease in power.
If the Orb Holders don't give proper thanks/worship after completing their self-assigned objectives they will notice a marked decrease in the potency of the Orbs.

EDIT: (I challenge the imminent death of Proposal 24.00! Rule 04.03 states that any proposal that is stagnant for 3 Ticks will be removed, but people have voted on Proposal 24.00 (not including Abstains) in the last tick. Just because it hasn't been passed doesn't mean it's stagnant; people are still voting on it.)

EDIT2: (I'm not able to buy anything because it says I have no starting points and no income. There are no red rings, assuming there are supposed to be any.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:43:28 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 07, 2014, 05:39:12 pm »

(Artisanii: Could you rewrite that to clarify your intention? I'm a bit unsure about what it's supposed to mean.)

I create spirits named Sanaa who inhabit works of Blessed Art. They inspire people and act as the middle man between a Mortal and Artisanii.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1567 on: November 07, 2014, 06:42:01 pm »

(While I prepare the T28 update, I suggest that everyone planning to participate in the war mini-game check either the main site or the mirror site, depending on which one works. Check to see if your special units are available and stuff and maybe skim the Mechanics page (which is actually quite sparse despite the apparent page length).)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T28: Buy!
« Reply #1568 on: November 07, 2014, 08:47:02 pm »

Tick 28: Buy!

Azem hears these prayers from the most powerful leaders of Greed:
Golden Underking: "Praise Azem! Praise the miners! May they continue to bring us much gold from the depths!"
Fecund Underqueen: "Thank Azem good food spoils quickly!"
Low Freeminer: "We now have a third of the listed miners in our ranks. May we continue to grow."
Mountwyrm Hypermerchant: "Can you guide me on where I should go next, Lord Azem?"
Diamond Dragon: "The people need your guidance. They seek a way to keep gold from melting so easily."
Emerald Councilor: "How may we better serve you? We continue to have a monopoly, which leaves little room for greed."
Nautical Shipper: "I have commissioned a treasure fleet in your name, Lord Azem. May you bless our ventures."

Dwarven prayers directed mostly toward Khaziraad include these:
"I want to build a perfect house badly, but I haven't built before."
"Are these tales of construction runes true, O Master Builder?"
"How many extra angles should I put in a square room's floor plan?"
"I wish I could go on an adventure with a golem!"

Khaziraad has created and distributed unnamed giant worms that consume various ores and excrete their reduced forms. This has the effect of leaving a trail of highly enriched ores of various kinds with the occasional vein of native metal.

Yaos has blessed the Mighty King, the Tome-Queen, the Devoted Lord, the Terrific Warlady, the Potent Sovereign, and the Inquisitive Empress. The other two also follow Yaos (or their perception of Yaos, anyway) closely but are currently on break from doing ambitious things. They all thank Yaos greatly for the gifts of the Orbs.

(Yaos: The 0 starting points/income bug should be fixed by now. I triggered it while cleaning up some particularly messy code, but I think I got it to count the two again now. Red rings are available only for those whose races actually have a conditional Move bonus, e.g. while going over water or something.)

Artisanii has created the Sanaa, spirits of Blessed Art. They can converse with mortals and mediate between them and Artisanii.

Further details are requested for the gas giant and the scarybeast proposals. Filling up the diplomatic grid by messaging relevant players is recommended at this point (along with mutual confirmation messages to me if you want the relations to be recognized).

This update's dominant constellations are the Staff and Ship. The aurora over Keshan glow bright red, and it is anomalously stormy. Visions of unseen horrors afflict the magically gifted.

(Khaziraad: -3E, Artisanii: -2E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

The gas giants remain uncreated.

New players are no longer being added for the war minigame, although new players in general are welcome. Secret/special stuff is mostly deployed, but basic purchases are all available now.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:49:14 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 07, 2014, 08:52:52 pm »

"More angles? May be void influence...

I am sick of our mortals falling under the influence of cults and such so easily! Perhaps, my brothers, there is something we can do to stop this. I propose we start a divine awareness campaign, warning people of the dangers of the void. We will distribute posters with clever slogans warning people of cults, have the playwrights perform public service announcements, and other public outcry against the void. Think of the children!"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: November 07, 2014, 08:54:56 pm »

"You have one tick to say what are you and what did you do to Fusil before I seal you in an infinite labyrinth and throw said labyrinth into the core of our sun"

Spoiler: Answers to Prayers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:02:29 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1571 on: November 07, 2014, 08:57:36 pm »

"I'm just a humble Dwarven builder, building original treasure rooms for the rich! Save me Azem!"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: November 07, 2014, 09:03:13 pm »

((That was totaly directed at Fusil and his pamphlets. Seriously, god of weapons and war giving out pamphlets like a mormon?))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: November 07, 2014, 09:19:28 pm »

"You have one tick to say what are you and what did you do to Fusil before I seal you in an infinite labyrinth and throw said labyrinth into the core of our sun"

Spoiler: Answers to Prayers (click to show/hide)

"Insult my paper bullets and I will fill your head with lead ones, god of Mud Moving. Also, has anyone else noticed the God of Hunger's massive essence income? It is greater than even my own...."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: November 07, 2014, 09:26:03 pm »

Gruen eat anything organic or not and recreate more gruen. They worship hunger by merely existing, not to count gruen hybrids. Income is hardly surprising. I would Agree with informing the mortals of the void and dangers it poses, but it needs to be done in a way that mortals would take seriously, lest we have people performing summoning rituals just to prove that the neiberhood priest is spouting bullshit.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 475