Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615156 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T28: Buy!
« Reply #1575 on: November 07, 2014, 09:32:58 pm »

"What is wrong with posters?

Do you have a better idea?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: November 07, 2014, 09:38:08 pm »

Most of the human populace would very likely mistake null and the inquisition/their own god if this specific poster was used. We are goods. We could just send a prophetic, increadibly believable dream to every mortal on both worlds.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: November 07, 2014, 09:41:59 pm »

Most of the human populace would very likely mistake null and the inquisition/their own god if this specific poster was used. We are goods. We could just send a prophetic, increadibly believable dream to every mortal on both worlds.

"That would work for perhaps one generation. Unless you want to repeat this essence burning task endlessly, we need something more permanent. And it isn't my fault the God of humans made his police force so sketchy, at the very least they might be goaded into behaving if they are constantly warned their god and his creepy inquisition are watching them."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: November 07, 2014, 09:44:50 pm »

"How posters would be more permanent method than giving out info to every living person to signify it's importance?"
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: November 07, 2014, 09:54:01 pm »

Yaos transforms into his female self.

Golden Underking: "Praise Azem! Praise the miners! May they continue to bring us much gold from the depths!"
(*seethes with rage* I'm the one who bloody got them to dig deep in the first place! Graah!)

This update's dominant constellations are the Staff and Ship.
(Finally!)
The Archlawyer of Mankind goes with a generic angel to sue the Gem Dragons for stealing the Empires' shinies! (Since, IRL, I'm not a laywer, I don't have knowledge on much ancient on modern law, and I'm not magically enhanced by three different gods, I personally don't know how Lyle's going to solve the case, but I'm sure he can.)

The aurora over Keshan glow bright red, and it is anomalously stormy. Visions of unseen horrors afflict the magically gifted.
"Umm, guys? This looks really important. The Keshan Aurora is supposed to be about the future and it looks way too stormy to simply be about the war."   :(
Yaos reads the dreams of multiple ALL of his magical followers to get a decent picture of what's going on.

"I am sick of our mortals falling under the influence of cults and such so easily! Perhaps, my brothers, there is something we can do to stop this. I propose we start a divine awareness campaign, warning people of the dangers of the void. We will distribute posters with clever slogans warning people of cults, have the playwrights perform public service announcements, and other public outcry against the void. Think of the children!"
"I'm going to Oppose this until you support Proposal 24.00 or until it gets passed. Why don't you just make some kind of god-powered anti-Void cannon? That would probably work better than some posters." X)

"How would they mistake the poster for me or the Inquisition? Neither of us are very shadowy after all." (Keep in mind that the Inquisition is more like Men in Black rather than...well, the usual inquisitions. They're not secret police either, they're more like a combination of SWAT and the FBI. Their colours are red, yellow, and white when they're not doing undercover work.)

"And it isn't my fault the God of humans made his police force so sketchy, at the very least they might be goaded into behaving if they are constantly warned their god and his creepy inquisition are watching them."
"Hey! I don't make the police forces, that's the job for the kings!" D:< "Oh, you mean the Inquisition? How are they creepy? They don't look creepy to me." :/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:59:19 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: November 07, 2014, 09:57:03 pm »

"How posters would be more permanent method than giving out info to every living person to signify it's importance?"

"People die, quite often in fact. Old age kills scores for every tick we live. Posters can be replaced easily, especially if we make a full program in place."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1581 on: November 07, 2014, 10:00:52 pm »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: November 07, 2014, 10:01:54 pm »

"Oh dear. I should probably warn Alprozem that a demon may come knocking on the temple door."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: November 07, 2014, 10:03:11 pm »

"Oh dear. I should probably warn Alprozem that a demon may come knocking on the temple door."

"Would you like to borrow the +4 Longsword +10 VS Lawyers?"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: November 07, 2014, 10:05:23 pm »

Fairy certain that something like a mesage from gods to every mortal delivered directly would be something you tell your kids abaut. And just who would keep printing and replacing the posters?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:06:58 pm by DreamerGhost »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: November 07, 2014, 10:11:33 pm »

Fairy certain that something like a mesage from gods to every mortal delivered directly would be something you tell your kids abaut. And just who would keep printing and replacing the posters?

"Since grandpa's morality stories are something that will keep you away from cults more than awesome posters would. We could make a race of beings that are psychologically compelled to make propaganda against the void and post it literally everywhere."

"Of course, it is most effective if we go multiple routes. There is no reason not to put posters up and give dreams, among many other things. Variety is the key to success."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:21:51 pm by Stirk »

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: November 07, 2014, 10:26:11 pm »

Gues that would be a problem for races that grow senile with age. And those where young are all without exception brats. So we're pretty much back to humans. Who are ruled by ambition, which includes power no matter the source. If you desire the posters, go ahead, but no comlaining when people start talking abaut how inquisition have become completely mad.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: November 07, 2014, 10:53:26 pm »

(I wouldn't worry about him. He has an angel protecting him. Imagine General Grievous with all his lightsabers. That's how powerful an angel is without any weapons, flight, magic, etc. Headcanonically, of course. The angel can also carry him around so travel time is pretty much a non-issue.)

Who are ruled by ambition, which includes power no matter the source.
"Ruled by ambition? Guess who just happens to be ambition personified!" 8) "It's easier for me to give ambition, but I can also take it away. Besides that, saying that all Humans are so stupid as to destroy themselves just for a bit of power is a bit racist. Considering I'm the personification of Humanity, I'm a bit offended." >:(
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: November 07, 2014, 10:58:12 pm »

"Ruled by ambition? Guess who just happens to be ambition personified!" 8) "It's easier for me to give ambition, but I can also take it away. Besides that, saying that all Humans are so stupid as to destroy themselves just for a bit of power is a bit racist. Considering I'm the personification of Humanity, I'm a bit offended." >:(

"So far, the Humans are the only ones who we have found Void Cults for. His claim is not baseless. They did, after all, summon that strange being, killed off a bunch of themselves, and other cult related activities we should really be told about. You should do more to protect the people you are said to represent, their souls are in danger and you have done little to remedy this. And you are voting against a measure that would help them for pure petty reasons, suggesting you like it this way."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: November 07, 2014, 11:02:25 pm »

"Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever heard of any other species with Gruen cults. I wonder why that is?"
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 475