Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617016 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T29: Spend!
« Reply #1650 on: November 08, 2014, 08:06:38 pm »

Mountwyrm Hypermerchant: "Can you guide me on where I should go next, Lord Azem?"
Emerald Councilor: "How may we better serve you? We continue to have a monopoly, which leaves little room for greed."
Nautical Shipper: "I have commissioned a treasure fleet in your name, Lord Azem. May you bless our ventures."
"North."
"Allow the humans some room to grow."

Blessed.

"Oh dear, Yaos, I promise you I had nothing to do with it."

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 08, 2014, 08:09:22 pm »

Or not. There is only one among us who could be responsible for something that random"

"Are you suggesting that the God of Randomness kidnapped the Arch lawyer with a magic fly monkey? For...For what arcane purpose?"
Maybe he just hates lawyers that much?
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1652 on: November 08, 2014, 08:10:10 pm »

Mountwyrm Hypermerchant: "We go now to the Northen Lands, Lord Azem."
Emerald Councilor: "But that is--Very well, we shall reduce our coverage of their lands."
Nautical Shipper: "Thank you! We shall not fail you in our quest to bring greed and trade to all."

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 08, 2014, 08:16:08 pm »

"Why would God of Randomness need apurpose for anything?

The "curse" as you call it, would not deny reading within the library, nor would it render people unable to return what they took and leaving afterwards. But I see your point."

Change the enchantment so that only those trying to carry out property unaprooved by The Keeper would be unable to leave.

Spoiler: The Keeper (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 08, 2014, 08:40:36 pm »

"Ok, look, if the god who is responsible for kidnapping Lyle fesses up then all will be forgiven and we can move on like nothing ever happened. I promise, I probably won't care unless it was for a really awful reason. If I don't get him back by Tick 30.....well, I think I'll let that be a surprise. Just a disclaimer: that something does NOT involve the Void at all because fuck the Void!"

Yaos gets Jeffrey's advice. Since it's been a full 2 Ticks, he listens to some prayers that don't belong to the Orb Holders.

"Hey Kujin, is it ok if you send someone down to teach the Inquisitors some non-lethal combat techniques? I'd have asked Fusil for non-lethal weapons but everyone knows how he thinks of me."

"Grauel, could you please condemn the practice of eating humans? That way I can have the Inquisition stop chasing after Gruen cults and focus on Void cults. As it is they're kind of stretched thin."

Vaal continues to diplomacise with the Ikan and asks them to make a device which can detect Void influence precisely at close range. Yaos is an enemy of the Void, just like the Ikan, and wants to fight against it.

(Why doesn't it say that I'm opposing Proposal 28.00?)

Yaos further strengthens the Human Plane and the Shadow Realm (which should still be secret) against unauthorised access or visibility.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 08, 2014, 08:43:49 pm »

(Why doesn't it say that I'm opposing Proposal 28.00?)
(You did say that you wouldn't support it unless people supported 24.00, so KP seemingly interpreted that as you opposing it)

Listen to some prayers, since I haven't done that for a while.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 08, 2014, 08:53:14 pm »

"Hm. You know what the unique thing about humans is? They aren't aligned to any of us."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 08, 2014, 08:53:46 pm »

"Hey Kujin, is it ok if you send someone down to teach the Inquisitors some non-lethal combat techniques? I'd have asked Fusil for non-lethal weapons but everyone knows how he thinks of me."

"What? Do you think you could remedy that by taking your men away from my sphere? I would be happy to offer less-lethal weapons, and even have some blessed ones delivered from the Seppo to the human caravans. I would even be willing to help track down the Lost Lawyer.

If, of course, you support Prop 28. Its your choice, if you are going to support the void there is no way I am going to help those under you."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 08, 2014, 08:55:06 pm »

I'm reluctant for several reasons. One, doing so goes almost directly against my sphere. Two, the conflict is one of my main sources of entertainment right now. I'd need a very good reason to tell the Gruen not to eat something and currently I just don't see one. If you really want to keep the Gruen away from humans so much though, feel free to point out something better for them to eat or create a new more readily available and filling food source for them. That would probably keep most of them too occupied to eat humans except for the ones that have a real taste for the flavor.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 08, 2014, 08:58:36 pm »

"Somehow, I don't think threatening people will make them support your proposals. Regardless, I support proposal 28."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 08, 2014, 09:00:38 pm »

"Somehow, I don't think threatening people will make them support your proposals. Regardless, I support proposal 28."

"What part of that was a threat, exactly?"

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 08, 2014, 09:01:21 pm »

(Sorry Ive been gone :-[ )
We really need to stop these void cults. Yaos if you need ay help from me just ask.

Listen to prayers from the Rani. Listen for any prayers involving void and nightmares.

Support 28:00.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1662 on: November 08, 2014, 09:05:21 pm »

(Yaos and Azem and Neron: Votes counted now on local copy)

Yaos: Jeffrey advises that Yaos commission a dam upstream from a frequently flooding river. You hear the following prayers from assorted non-Orb followers:
Young Child: "I wish I could keep all my teeth! Then I'd be a scary monster! Roar!"
Aged Weaver: "I shall become a champion of weaving. May Yaos bless me in my ambition."
Town Guard Commander: "We don't have enough volunteers for our town militia. Should I force the able to join?"
Unlucky Man: "I wish all this bad luck would stop. I guess I'll see if Yaos can do something about it."

Knowing about the war, the Ikan are very distrustful about both the followers of Yaos and the followers of Grauel and pretty much everyone except for elves. They nonetheless produce a device for Vaal that can detect only whether Void influence is above or below CEB levels at a range of three meters/yards.

Both of the Yaosian planes have been strengthened (as much as they can be, given their colocation with other gods' planes in a Council dimension) against access or visibility.

Joha: You listen to some prayers from assorted followers:
Ikan Elder: "Can you keep out all these foreign intruders? Their potential for corruption is very worrying."
Life-Lab Mage: "Do you have any advice on what we should make next?"
Thirsty Cactus: "Is it true what they say about a land covered in water? Can I go there?"

Neron: The Rani seem to be isolated enough to avoid significant Void influence. Their nightmares seem mostly limited to visions of burning houses and fire in general.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: November 08, 2014, 09:06:00 pm »

"Considering your usual reaction to the merest hint of void influence, I thought the threat was implied."

Azem reads the dreams of his magical followers.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: November 08, 2014, 09:11:31 pm »

"Considering your usual reaction to the merest hint of void influence, I thought the threat was implied."

Azem reads the dreams of his magical followers.

"If I wanted to imply that I would TOTALLY SHOOT YAOS IN THE FACE, I would probably just say I AM TOTALLY GOING TO SHOOT YAOS IN THE FACE IF HE KEEPS GOING AGAINST ME. But since I didn't say I WILL TOTALLY SHOOT YAOS IN THE FACE, I must not have meant that I AM TOTALLY GOING TO SHOOT YAOS IN THE FACE!"

Anyway, as the most powerful mages the world over, the Armu must be effected greatly be the dreams. I walk the streets of the Armu/Seppo cities in my corporeal form, asking everyone about any strange dreams they have been having.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 475