Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616973 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T29: Spend!
« Reply #1680 on: November 09, 2014, 12:51:36 am »

The scientists have begun planning out a dam, considering the effects on fields and villages upstream from the site of the dam. There is currently some conflict resulting from some wanting to place the dam anyway and save those downstream completely and some not wanting any dam to avoid the responsibility of having  displaced the upstream population.
(Third option.)
"Hey Serac! Could you stop flooding the river please?"
Have the scientists work on the device.

Yaos: You agree to support the *Void Resistance and Organized Opposition Movement (*VROOM) in exchange for Fusil's help in finding the little lost lawyer. Tykki has found Lyle the little lost lawyer in what appears to be a crop circle near a human town. There are twisty symbols over his mouth and impossible shapes painted on his face, and his back is filled with the misspelled names of Void Beings. He reports that he was taken by a Void Messenger with a flowing face sent to corrupt him.
I copy and paste his memories into mine. What could go wrong?

Oh my, what have I done! What a disaster.
"Eh. Cim practically did the same thing. Except that involved the hundred or so civilians burning to death rather than being quickly cut down.

"Strike Team Fusil is on the case. See what you have caused, Unarmed god? At least you never gave him a weapon, putting him down will be easy."
"Wait Fusil, please! I beg you not to send the Strike Team! This is the perfect time for me to test the power of one of my new archangels and I don't think I'll get another chance until the DEATH BATTLE Plane is built!"
I send Vaal to end the mortal's existence. (Headcanon tells me that archangels are about as powerful as anime protagonists like Ichigo, Naruto, or Goku at the end of DB/beginning of DBZ. Generic non-warrior angels are a bit more powerful than General Grievous. I don't know of any comparisons I could make with warrior angels.)

"By the way, if you ever need my services for something that is not Gruen related, feel free to ask. I did technically create the race you are a patron of after all."
"Thanks Azem. I haven't forgotten. Actually, if you could tell me the locations of the Gem Dragon thieves that would be great, but I understand if you won't.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:54:22 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: November 09, 2014, 12:53:59 am »

"Do you have anything special proposed for his soul, or should I just destroy it? I may bind it to a weapon, proving once and for all the superiority of arms over fists."

"Wait Fusil, please! I beg you not to send the Strike Team! This is the perfect time for me to test the power of one of my new archangels and I don't think I'll get another chance until the DEATH BATTLE Plane is built!"

"Again, you trivialize mortal lives. I am ending this beast here and now, before more innocents are hurt. Besides, your angel cannot destroy his soul with his current armaments, he will merely respawn in the next world. "
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: November 09, 2014, 12:56:32 am »

"I say will kill him, and raise him or have him raised to become a good person when he reincarnates. There's no reason to kill the soul."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: November 09, 2014, 01:09:20 am »

"I would much rather watch your arch-lawyer navigate Gem Dragon law. It is my primary source of entertainment at the moment."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1684 on: November 09, 2014, 01:12:17 am »

Tykki and the angels of Fusil have appeared near Buqurek, as has Vaal. Tykki is wielding a wicked blade whose very appearance inspires fear. Buqurek is currently eating a recently caught deer. A Hooded Deathly Lady has also appeared. Her presence seems to nullify the cosmic eldritch background radiation (CEB).

"This here. This is why you petty gods must be kept out of the world. What shall you do, agents of the divines?"

Yaos: (Serac did not flood that system, and Serac's primary sphere is Oceans anyway.)
The scientists put away the plans and discussion about the dam and inspect the device. The device seems to unsettle those closest to it and the most magically susceptible when dismantled.

(I do not eat these female mangos or really ani(me) fruit. The angels are as powerful as the records dictate and are unaffected by such external considerations. Try not to compare potentially orthogonal abilities, in any case. ;))

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: November 09, 2014, 01:17:06 am »

"This here. This is why you petty gods must be kept out of the world. What shall you do, agents of the divines?"

"Oh, its you. How is your little brother doing? Has the God of Man killed him yet? You know, you are probably ancient. Seeing as how you lived through two races being created. Well, the God of Man's servent is over there, I am sure you can test your abilities on him. I am off to stop a serial killer caused by a newborn god. I apologize for the inconvenience of this all... Tykki, please cut up that orc."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1686 on: November 09, 2014, 01:25:10 am »

"I am not here to kill anyone present. Only the mortal kill. I watch and I warn. My brother is, of course similarly freed of suffering now."

"Yes, Sir." Tykki slices Buqurek with a single sweep of her blade.

"Have your creations no meaning to you tyrants? I am done here." The Hooded Deathly Lady vanishes.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #1687 on: November 09, 2014, 01:28:08 am »

"I am not here to kill anyone present. Only the mortal kill. I watch and I warn. My brother is, of course similarly freed of suffering now."

"Yes, Sir." Tykki slices Buqurek with a single sweep of her blade.

"Have your creations no meaning to you tyrants? I am done here." The Hooded Deathly Lady vanishes.
Shrugs

That was anti-climatic. Wouldn't put it against anyone if they literally killed me now.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1688 on: November 09, 2014, 01:29:34 am »

Why would they kill you? You were unfamiliar with the thought processes of free-willed mortals and can hardly be blamed for what happened.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: November 09, 2014, 01:37:42 am »

"Well that was pointless. I shall check to see if his soul really was destroyed, and if it wasn't I'm not trusting any of you with it."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1690 on: November 09, 2014, 01:39:18 am »

His soul is definitely gone and not in any afterlife or the other world.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: November 09, 2014, 01:40:08 am »

That was anti-climatic. Wouldn't put it against anyone if they literally killed me now.

"Ill consider it. But first, I have more important things to get done."

Why would they kill you? You were unfamiliar with the thought processes of free-willed mortals and can hardly be blamed for what happened.

For GREAT JUSTICE!

"Excellent job as always, Tykki. But that women, she is a lot more powerful than I think we realize. Strike team, spread out and search the area from the air. Tykki, stick with me and use your senses to find any area with lower/higher eldrich background energy. I want to perform a mind scan on this woman as quickly as possible. Be careful, she is an unknown, and unknowns can be dangerous."

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: November 09, 2014, 01:41:04 am »

To clarify and get the monsters done with

I purpose we create(let the GM creates) 4 Monster(Megabeasts in Df term) in each world.
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: November 09, 2014, 02:40:29 am »

Yaos: (Serac did not flood that system, and Serac's primary sphere is Oceans anyway.)
(I mucked that up. I didn't mean to accuse Serac of flooding it, I just wanted him to stop the flooding because rivers have more to do with oceans than with humans or ambition.)

To clarify and get the monsters done with

I purpose we create(let the GM creates) 4 Monster(Megabeasts in Df term) in each world.
Support

EDIT: (I mucked up the explanation to the original mucking up in the same way! Fixed now.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:17:45 am by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T29.5: Build!
« Reply #1694 on: November 09, 2014, 06:52:22 am »

Tick 29.5: Build! (because almost no one with a race has submitted a production order)

A minor magical accident has granted a boon of jelly rolls to a Hummingbird village. The jelly rolls have been sold at negative prices to nearby villages.

Lyle the Archlawyer has been abducted by a flying monkey while attempting to sue a topaz dragon. He was later found in a crop circle with various probably Void-related markings and a memory of a horror with a flowing face which attempted to corrupt him.

A caravan led by the famed Hypermerchant has made contact with the Rani. What goods do the Rani produce?

The Gem Council has recently recruited some human followers of Azem and set them to various expansion-related tasks.

A grand treasure fleet has arrived at a coastal Luminee village displaying the wealth of its owner. Many are enthralled by the brilliant colors on the ships themselves.

Khaziraad has created the Keeper, a guard for the Divine Library in the form of a robed shadow with red eyes. It has the ability to help those who call on it with finding books or taking care of removed books.

An artful weaver has created a massive tapestry depicting the forms and symbols of the gods and the symbols of the main factions of the Void. An ultimate manager has opened a large network of gambling houses. Although his life is filled with assassination attempts, he himself remains content.

The Prophet of Neron nods at Neron's orders and leaves to look for Void dreamers to calm. It appears that there are no Void-touched at the moment.

Many magically gifted individuals of various races seem to have had nightmares related to the war and stranger things in general. Some of the most susceptible have even died. In response, Fusil has created and taught the Seppo how to create the Dreamkiller, a pillow with the power to reduce nightmares. This has had the effect of slightly decreasing art output in places distributing it.

Buqurek, Kujin's first creation, seems to have grossly misinterpreted a command to perform legendary deeds and has performed a legendary slaughter. He was slain by Tykki, Fusil's primary angel, with the disapproval of the Hooded Dame. At the site of her disappearance, there is a note reading "If you want me so badly, why not just call me?" The strike team has searched the area, and Tykki has attempted to detect anomalies in the CEB, but there is no sign of her.

Yaos' top scientists have begun work on a dam at a particularly flood-prone area. Yaos has canceled this in favor of examining a piece of Ikan technology with the ability to detect whether Void influence is above or below background levels. Disassembling the device has greatly disturbed the assembled members.

Fusil has assisted in the distribution of knowledge on non-lethal techniques to various humans.

This update's dominant constellations are the Hammer and Ship.

(Khaziraad: -2E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

The following player is in danger of being marked as inactive: Icytea31/Cim.

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are no longer being added for the war minigame, although new players in general are welcome. Secret/special stuff is mostly deployed, but basic purchases are all available now.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 02:11:03 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 475