Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617005 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T29.5: Build!
« Reply #1710 on: November 09, 2014, 06:01:22 pm »

"I didn't do anything, Fusil. I'd love for you to provide examples with a direct cause-to-effect link, but I know you can't. In any case, I can try to force bringing her brother back to life, but it would probably require more Essence than I have. Maybe you want to help on that front, Fusil? Of course not, because why waste Essence on doing some good when you can just continue to harass me for not doing something that I am physically unable to do?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: November 09, 2014, 06:07:31 pm »

"I didn't do anything, Fusil. I'd love for you to provide examples with a direct cause-to-effect link, but I know you can't. In any case, I can try to force bringing her brother back to life, but it would probably require more Essence than I have. Maybe you want to help on that front, Fusil? Of course not, because why waste Essence on doing some good when you can just continue to harass me for not doing something that I am physically unable to do?"

"The father died in a Gruen skirmish, correct? Now why where the humans fighting the Gruen? Because you declared war on them. Another member of her family died when your inquisition killed him. Surly you can see how your commands directly ended that man's life. The mother died because, as god of humans, you failed to remedy the simple biological fact that the race you created can't even reproduce correctly without dying. You haven't seemed to even attempt to remedy that fact. Do you think that Gruen ever die during pregnancy? And, after all that, you failed to even attempt anything to save her brother aside from a few basic ideas. If we look for his soul, I am sure it hasn't moved on yet. I am sure she found a way to keep him in stasis, or keep it locked up. Because, in this case, the one who needed to die was the one you failed to kill when I suggested it."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: November 09, 2014, 06:30:55 pm »

"The father died fighting the Gruen because I declared war on them. That is true. I declared war on them because they were eating humans and both their god and government allowed and protected the practice.
The brother wasn't a target for assassination or even arrest, the Inquisition just went to retrieve an illegal artifact in his possession and he only died when he tried to kill the Inquisitors so he could keep it. It almost certainly wouldn't have brought his father back to life anyway.
As for dying from childbirth, I think you can blame Azem for that fact as well because he's the one that created my race in the first place and it's because of him that death by childbirth is even possible. I'd fix it myself but I'm unsure about the ethical implications of simply editing a sapient species unless it was absolutely necessary for the race's survival. I'd have brought her, the father, and the brother back to life but only if they went to the Human Plane, which they should have if it wasn't decreed that the soul spawn rate stay static and only allow for 5% of all souls to go to an afterlife.
Oh, and I'm sorry that I'm so against baby-killing. There really is no greater crime than that, is there?

I ask again, Fusil, will you help me bring the brother back to life? At the very least it should earn some goodwill with the girl. Maybe it can open communications between us and her."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1713 on: November 09, 2014, 06:32:29 pm »

The brother is already back to life. (Sort of.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: November 09, 2014, 06:34:48 pm »

(I'm talking about the older brother, not the baby brother. You know, the one who grabbed a Piece of Eight and tried to bring his father back to life?)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1715 on: November 09, 2014, 06:36:09 pm »

(Oh, that one.)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: November 09, 2014, 06:38:12 pm »

(Of course. It's already been...well established....that I can't do jack s**t with the baby brother. I really hope that there's a good reason for the fate-blocking.)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1717 on: November 09, 2014, 06:41:34 pm »

(I can only say that it is the result of some hidden scheming and possibly a hefty investment.)

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: November 09, 2014, 06:45:58 pm »

((I just want wands that do random things, you can use dnd random magical effects table for it but I suggest FATAL appendix 3 table, it just.....))
I would be glad if you stop messing with the minio-on , newcomer. Why don't you go mess with the neutral human instead?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: November 09, 2014, 07:00:49 pm »

"The father died fighting the Gruen because I declared war on them. That is true. I declared war on them because they were eating humans and both their god and government allowed and protected the practice.
The brother wasn't a target for assassination or even arrest, the Inquisition just went to retrieve an illegal artifact in his possession and he only died when he tried to kill the Inquisitors so he could keep it. It almost certainly wouldn't have brought his father back to life anyway.
As for dying from childbirth, I think you can blame Azem for that fact as well because he's the one that created my race in the first place and it's because of him that death by childbirth is even possible. I'd fix it myself but I'm unsure about the ethical implications of simply editing a sapient species unless it was absolutely necessary for the race's survival. I'd have brought her, the father, and the brother back to life but only if they went to the Human Plane, which they should have if it wasn't decreed that the soul spawn rate stay static and only allow for 5% of all souls to go to an afterlife.
Oh, and I'm sorry that I'm so against baby-killing. There really is no greater crime than that, is there?

I ask again, Fusil, will you help me bring the brother back to life? At the very least it should earn some goodwill with the girl. Maybe it can open communications between us and her."

"I did not say you where not justified. I did not say you could see the outcomes. What I said was that you caused their deaths. And, by becoming defensive at this accusation, you have proven those words true. You caused their deaths and you know it. The fact that you claimed that babie's soul and never got it means that something worse than death happened to the baby, certainly a greater crime than me painlessly releasing it into the next world.

Now, again, I refuse to break the cycle of life and death. Communications are obviously open, she did leave us a not saying we can call her. Take responsibility for the killings. I will finish the investigation, find out what is going on, and fix any problems that occur."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T30: Build!
« Reply #1720 on: November 09, 2014, 07:23:50 pm »

Tick 30: Build!

A large gas giant with 30 major (unnamed, undescribed) moons has been created in both systems. While it is assumed that they are located past the snow line, it is possible that they are in a warmer orbit. They are currently uninhabited.

A proposal to produce anti-Void material has been passed! Details are pending, but it may end up as a series of instructional posters and messages to authority figures.

Yaos has read the mind of the recently abducted Archlawyer and discovered some strange memories about a Void Messenger attempting to corrupt him. Lyle has begun attempting to write patent law under Yaos' instruction.

(FATAL effects would break the forum guidelines. d1000 table it is.)

Varee creates the Rod of Amazement, a powerful but highly unpredictable artifact, and gives it to the newest owner of the gambling dens. The assassination attempts only increase in number (and continue failing as before). Recent effects include...
  • A giant rubber duck falling out of the sky and staying for half a minute
  • An earthquake damaging multiple buildings in town (and killing the assassin)
  • Magnetic objects flying away from the owner for over a minute
  • The appearance of a croaking small blue bunny smelling like a cat
  • A small forest appearing over 20 seconds

This update's dominant constellations are the Dagger and Phoenix. The Keshan aurora are starting to brighten again. The Slythan ice ring has become prominent.

(Varee: -3E)
(Anath: -3E, Yaos: -3E, Neron: -2E, Taol: -2E, Grauel: -3E, Joha: -2E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

The following player is in danger of being marked as inactive: Icytea31/Cim.

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are no longer being added for the war minigame, although new players in general are welcome. Secret/special stuff is mostly deployed, but basic purchases are all available now.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: November 09, 2014, 07:27:29 pm »

"I'm ssorry, I was ressting. Did someone ssay my name?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T30: Build!
« Reply #1722 on: November 09, 2014, 07:32:31 pm »

"I'm ssorry, I was ressting. Did someone ssay my name?"
"Yeah, Fusil blamed me for allowing death by childbirth and then I mentioned that you created humans with that 'ability'."

How's the progress on the Void Detection Device? Have the scientists figured out how to reproduce it? Strengthen their will so they can handle it.

Did I remove all the Void markings from Lyle?

"So does anyone want any help with their projects? I'm willing to help if you help me with one of my own projects. It'll be cheaper for both of us in the end."

Yaos goes down in human form to assess the situation of humanity and see what they need. Afterwards, she asks Jeffrey for advice in regards to things she did not already learn while down in the corporeal realm.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:36:41 pm by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: November 09, 2014, 07:39:02 pm »

"There is one thing. I desire to build a temple on Slytha, possibly in Human or Gruen lands."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: November 09, 2014, 07:43:39 pm »

The Armu are a new race, capable of surviving in the harshest of climates. They didn't exactly get the best choice of land, having come incredibly late in the game. But now, up high in the sky is a new, unnamed planet with various moons. Finally, the Armu have a new world that they can colonize themselves. I doubt the Seppo will be thrilled to join them, though if I give them the ability to travel themselves they may return at any point they like.

As such, I grant the entire Armu race the ability to travel through the ether, allowing them to take on new land uninhabited by the other races. The new moons will be cultivated to the best of their reality-warping abilities. I will also walk the streets of the Armu towns, informing everyone that they can now travel through space.

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 475