Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617028 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T29.5: Build!
« Reply #1725 on: November 09, 2014, 07:45:11 pm »

Ask matharis about the state of the humongous temple. Teach wandering luminee the magics of light.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T30: Build!
« Reply #1726 on: November 09, 2014, 07:49:45 pm »

"There is one thing. I desire to build a temple on Slytha, possibly in Human or Gruen lands."
"Sure! I'll help with that. In exchange, you have to help me make ninjas."

EDIT: Since no one else has described the moons, I say that half of them are suitable for habitation by humans.
I create 600,000 humans to inhabit these habitable moons.

(I think you need to change the title in the OP to change the rest of the titles from now on. I've just been changing it manually.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:57:16 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: November 09, 2014, 07:58:17 pm »

"That sounds almost as likely to backfire as your inquisition."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: November 09, 2014, 07:59:49 pm »

EDIT: Since no one else has described the moons, I say that half of them are suitable for habitation by humans.

(Yaos totally stole my space program idea....of course, the Armu are far more suited for the uninhabited moons than humans are.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: November 09, 2014, 08:03:45 pm »

"That sounds almost as likely to backfire as your inquisition."
"The Inquisition actually does a pretty decent job for the most part, it's just that their failures are more obvious than their constant stream of small successes. Even then, half of their failures can only be considered 'half-failures', really." :P

(Yaos totally stole my space program idea....of course, the Armu are far more suited for the uninhabited moons than humans are.)
(Waddya gonna do? Sue her? Oh wait, you can't, because patent law hasn't been invented yet! XD      /joke)

EDIT: (What's the Gruen-Human situation on Slytha? I have literally done nothing on that planet that was meant to affect that relationship.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:06:14 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: November 09, 2014, 08:09:13 pm »

"In any case, I will help with their creation, and hope nothing bad comes of it."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: November 09, 2014, 08:13:31 pm »

Yaos creates a small clan of ninjas - about 20 in number - to serve directly under her. Unless they're on a mission directly given by her, however, they're pretty autonomous and will probably take jobs for money, power, ideology, etc....of their own free will of course. Azem helps in this endeavor.

Yaos also helps Azem create an Azemite temple in either Human or Gruen lands.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: November 09, 2014, 08:18:00 pm »

"Hm. The link between Greed and Ambition is the most obvious."

Azem sends Mountwyrm workers to begin construction of a temple in human lands on Slytha.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1733 on: November 09, 2014, 08:21:55 pm »

Moons tend not to have the right atmosphere or even enough atmospheric pressure to allow humans (and Earth-critters in general) to survive. This is why space adaptation is required.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1734 on: November 09, 2014, 08:44:44 pm »

Gas giant status: Barring further explanation and miraculous modification, the two giants are likely located beyond the ring in which water, ammonia, and methane are present in liquid form. The surface temperature on the planets and moons are not likely to rise above 170K (around -100°C or -150°F) during perihelion. Most of them are likely to be mostly geologically dead (if not completely). Placing them in the same orbit as Keshan/Slytha will require Council approval or an Essence payment of about 6 to miraculously stabilize Keshan/Slytha.

Yaos: The engineer has lately taken to muttering accusatorily to no one in particular and looking around suspiciously and has brought her husband (a cobbler) along to taste her food and drink for her. The device is very difficult to understand even with the gift of greater willpower and is very fragile, but the team has managed to construct a far less accurate version with fewer psymental and possibly eldritch tricks.

Lyle's Void markings have been removed.

Humanity appears to need more art in general. Jeffrey suggests that you open some publicly accessible Museums.

(You may want to reconsider the humans considering how poorly adapted they would be to near-vacuum.)

On Slytha, Gruen cults on Slytha thrive as well as they can. Gruen children play with human children, and a small demographic of Grumen exist with varying amounts of Gruen heritage.

(Fusil: -7E)
Fusil: You adapt all of the Armu for space travel. Most of them care little, given that there is little to fight in the empty lower-case-v void. A few join together to explore their existing moons.

The Light: The temple is now under construction after several delays. Some Golems have offered their assistance in constructing the building. Matharis does not currently see any odd out-of-place angles. Some wandering Luminee have been taught light magic. They take to it quite well.

(Yaos: -2E, Azem: -2E)
Yaos and Azem: You empower 20 humans with ninja abilities. They roam the lands, disguised as regular travelers, acting as stage hands, performing street entertainment, shoplifting, and punishing mimes.

You also initiate the construction of a temple of Greed in the human lands on Slytha.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: November 09, 2014, 09:24:28 pm »

Yaos: The engineer has lately taken to muttering accusatorily to no one in particular and looking around suspiciously and has brought her husband (a cobbler) along to taste her food and drink for her. The device is very difficult to understand even with the gift of greater willpower and is very fragile, but the team has managed to construct a far less accurate version with fewer psymental and possibly eldritch tricks.
All things considered, I'd say this was a success. We created a version of the device that's less insanity-inducing, most of the team is fine, the only one that can be described as not fine isn't really that insane, science advanced, and we still have the original device! The original device will be tested by Vaal to locate Void energies.

Humanity appears to need more art in general. Jeffrey suggests that you open some publicly accessible Museums.
Afterwards, she asks Jeffrey for advice in regards to things she did not already learn while down in the corporeal realm.
Yaos turns male for a second (!) and smacks Jeffrey upside the head and promptly turns female again.
She decides not to do the museum thing because they'll just make humans worship Artisanii rather than Yaos.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:26:38 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1736 on: November 09, 2014, 09:30:21 pm »

Yaos: Where will Vaal begin looking?

Jeffrey rubs the recently hit area and notes that religious art is considered art just as much as secular art.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: November 09, 2014, 09:33:57 pm »

"Well that's an interesting contrast. Imagine, they fight and die in a war against the Gruen in one life, and they play with Gruen as children in the next."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: November 09, 2014, 09:35:01 pm »

"Speaking of playing with children, I should probably check up on that possessed doll to see what happened. Slipped my mind."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: November 09, 2014, 09:43:04 pm »

Yaos: Where will Vaal begin looking?
Slums, secluded outdoors with bad reputations like haunted forests, catacombs, and the homes of the aristocrats.....and the bureaucrats.

Jeffrey rubs the recently hit area and notes that religious art is considered art just as much as secular art.
"I guess you have a point. You will remain Chief Executive Advisor of Yaos.
I commission works of art that commemorate all the gods, but especially Yaos, Azem, Joha, and Kujin.

"Well that's an interesting contrast. Imagine, they fight and die in a war against the Gruen in one life, and they play with Gruen as children in the next."
How much are people getting eaten? Is the number more or less than Keshan and by how much?

They roam the lands, disguised as regular travelers, acting as stage hands, performing street entertainment, shoplifting, and punishing mimes.
"See, Azem? They're already doing more good than bad!"
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 475