Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616603 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T30: Build!
« Reply #1740 on: November 09, 2014, 09:45:25 pm »

"What about clowns? They need to get the clowns too."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: November 09, 2014, 09:48:38 pm »

"What about clowns? They need to get the clowns too."
"Eh. Mimes are worse. They're actually affiliated with the Void if I remember correctly."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1742 on: November 09, 2014, 09:53:40 pm »

Fusil: In an interesting subversion on the typical story of the sapient doll who helps create a murderer, the girl grew up to create a successful textile empire with the assistance of her doll. Control over it has passed to a long line of female orphans, as has the clever doll.

Yaos: Vaal begins looking anywhere foreboding. So far, he has searched along a road leading out of the town where the device was produced through a poor area and has narrowed down hits from these sources:
  • A burnt pastry at a bakery with a disturbing shape
  • A person in robes of mourning wearing an odd necklace
  • A patch of graffiti advertising an unintelligible name's collection of statues

You also commission art focusing on yourself, Azem, Joha, and Kujin. A Mischievous Urchin has placed a lewd drawing of the aforementioned gods at one of your temples and run off.

On Slytha, it seems that less humans are being eaten by the Gruen. More humans are eating Gruen spores, which indicates that the Gruen think fairly highly of the humans or the humans managed to buy some at exorbitant prices from the black market.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1743 on: November 09, 2014, 10:05:26 pm »

Well, I am awake. I appear to have slept through a void proclamation and a visit from a powerful mage girl?

I guess I will just listen to some prayers for now...

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1744 on: November 09, 2014, 10:33:08 pm »

Serac: You hear these prayers:
Ritan Architect: "Do you have suggestions on how to construct a temple to you? We seem to be disagreeing about its general shape."
Sorae Schemer: "Could you give us some floatstone? About five Mountwyrm galleys' worth?"
Worried Human: "Some odd people have been drowning themselves a lot! Are you responsible for this?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: November 09, 2014, 10:57:03 pm »

Yaos: Vaal begins looking anywhere foreboding. So far, he has searched along a road leading out of the town where the device was produced through a poor area and has narrowed down hits from these sources:
  • A burnt pastry at a bakery with a disturbing shape
  • A person in robes of mourning wearing an odd necklace
  • A patch of graffiti advertising an unintelligible name's collection of statues
Spoiler: Responses (click to show/hide)

You also commission art focusing on yourself, Azem, Joha, and Kujin. A Mischievous Urchin has placed a lewd drawing of the aforementioned gods at one of your temples and run off.
(I forgot. Literal Genie on small things applies.)
A collection of devout (and skilled) painters, sculptors, engravers, etc. is brought together to create art focusing on all the gods, but especially Yaos, Azem, Joha, and Kujin. Other subjects that they might include are renditions of various angels, the fight against the Void manifestation, the creation of the worlds, and other theological stuff.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: November 09, 2014, 11:02:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(That there is why everyone thinks that your Inquisition is a secret police.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1747 on: November 09, 2014, 11:12:19 pm »

Ritan Architect: "Do you have suggestions on how to construct a temple to you? We seem to be disagreeing about its general shape."
Long and flowing lines like waves for the entryway, then a large clear dome with a shrine at the center.
Sorae Schemer: "Could you give us some floatstone? About five Mountwyrm galleys' worth?"
What do you need that much float stone for?
So, the float stone should grow on trees that grow on the turtle's backs, along with exotic fruits...
How else would they get it? The leaves from the tree should keep the floatstone in the dark.
Worried Human: "Some odd people have been drowning themselves a lot! Are you responsible for this?"
No, that is not my doing.
Who are these odd people? A suicide cult?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: November 09, 2014, 11:28:14 pm »

(That there is why everyone thinks that your Inquisition is a secret police.)
(They're only a secret police if they're secret about it. Interrogations, search warrants, tailing, these are all things that today's police forces do all the time. The whole following thing might sound secret-police-ish but really, following that's done all the time as well to find more criminals. Moreover, we're dealing with an other-wordly menace that is driving people insane and mutating them, so harsh measures occasionally need to be taken. Honestly, they are NOT this serious when dealing with Gruen cults. The whole psy-mental interrogations might sound secret-policey to us, but this is a world where magic and mind-reading is common, so by their standards it's to be expected.)

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: November 09, 2014, 11:31:01 pm »

Ikan Elder: "Can you keep out all these foreign intruders? Their potential for corruption is very worrying."
Not everything foreign has corruptive intents.
Life-Lab Mage: "Do you have any advice on what we should make next?"
Hmm... how about this: a tree that grows only in right angles.
Thirsty Cactus: "Is it true what they say about a land covered in water? Can I go there?"
Yes, yes you may.
Transport it to somewhere near the ocean. Also, transform it and several other cacti into a race of their own, as sentient mobile cacti.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: November 09, 2014, 11:32:48 pm »

(Yeah, I can see that happening.

Policeman 1: Sir! Da local banker made a pie that looks like Asama binLadan!
Chief Of Police: Mother of god. Send every man we have down there!
*Police proceed to shoot dozens of rounds into the helpless pie*
Child: Mommy! Why are the men beating up daddie's pies?
Officer: THEY ARE COLLABORATING! TAKE THEM BOTH TO THE INTERROGATION ROOM!
Chief: Search. This. House.
*The kid walks by in handcuffs*
Chief:*whispers* "We are watching you, terrorist skum...")
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: November 09, 2014, 11:43:06 pm »

(I lol'd. :'D

If it was just a weird symbol then it wouldn't have even been noticed, but this pastry has a weird symbol that has VOID RADIATION emitting from it! Besides, Void stuff isn't just destroyed right there where it's found, it's taken to an isolated location and THEN destroyed; That way, if destroying the object releases some kind of Void thing it won't be near a populated area.

As for interrogations, it's less 'bag their heads and transport them to the interrogation room' and more 'we'd like to ask you a few questions'. If they're suspects, they're brought to HQ. If not, they're questioned where they are without the psymental/divination stuff. Oh crap.)

AS AN ADDENDUM TO THE ACTIONS DESCRIBED PREVIOUSLY, ONLY SUSPECTS WILL BE INTERROGATED. THE REST WILL MERELY BE QUESTIONED.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:13:07 am by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: November 09, 2014, 11:57:09 pm »

Azem listens to prayers.

"Anyone given some thought about why Humans have so many void cults?"

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1753 on: November 10, 2014, 12:15:01 am »

Yaos:
(That was less a case of Literal Genie (which I may stress applies for automatically repeated actions) and more a case of the average person being more inclined to produce that sort of thing.)
The pastry is thoroughly destroyed and stops triggering Vaal's device after its shape has changed enough, much to the chagrin of the baker. The Inquisition concludes that the the baker's entire family (and the baker too) are guilty of Void worship and proceed to search the shop and home, picking up anything not nailed down. They are all arrested.

The mourner says that he stops mourning and singing eulogies for passing dead people if given sufficient payment. His necklace seems to have been a bribe from a rich family potentially involved in strange practices not to attend the funeral of one of their beloved parents. He says that Inquisitors who give the family trouble are often given valuable necklaces to keep them silent.

The graffiti remains illegible and is promptly destroyed. The area continues to trigger Vaal's Void detector, and the Inquisitors inquire everyone in the area about Void-related activities.

Serac:
Ritan Architect: "Thank you Serac! I just won a bet, too, so that's going in the next offering."
Sorae Schemer: "Nothing much, just some experiments."
Worried Human: "It must be that cult of Mayflies or something again!"

(Joha: -2E)
Joha:
Ikan Elder: "That may be true, but how can we know for sure?"
Life-Lab Mage: "That's a great idea! It'll be a challenge for sure, but such perfectly angled wood might revolutionize construction! Thanks, Joha!"
Thirsty Cactus: "So much water! How does it not dry up so quickly?"

Azem:
Annoyed Mountwyrm: "I wish those scale-less, smelly monkeys would stay out of our land already."
Mountwyrm Saleswizard: "Would you like to buy some of my godslayer replicas? Only 50 for 3!"
Peridot Dragon: "I heard there is actually a lawmancer going around and trying to take our hoards. Can you do something about it?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: November 10, 2014, 12:20:17 am »

"Anyone given some thought about why Humans have so many void cults?"
"If you had to ask me, it's because of their lack of alignment, but it could also be that only human cults are being discovered. Humanity has the Inquisition to find and deal with Void stuff, but what about the other races? It could be true that other races have the same amount or even higher amounts of cults but they simply haven't been discovered yet because there's no forces dedicated to finding them."

The mourner says that he stops mourning and singing eulogies for passing dead people if given sufficient payment. His necklace seems to have been a bribe from a rich family potentially involved in strange practices not to attend the funeral of one of their beloved parents. He says that Inquisitors who give the family trouble are often given valuable necklaces to keep them silent.
The Paladins are sent in for PURGING. Vaal stays outside to keep an eye out. A single adult prisoner will be taken and be kept under guard by the ultra-devout Paladins and Vaal. Children are, of course, sent to interrogation and then re-education facilities where they will be kept separate from other children.

The graffiti remains illegible and is promptly destroyed. The area continues to trigger Vaal's Void detector, and the Inquisitors inquire everyone in the area about Void-related activities.
A request is made to STF to sweep the area since the Inquisition obviously can't do the job themselves.

The third generic angel is reassigned to Lyle while he works on creating patent law.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:37:32 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 475