Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616886 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T30: Build!
« Reply #1755 on: November 10, 2014, 12:26:31 am »

A request is made to STF to sweep the area since the Inquisition obviously can't do the job themselves.

"Evacuate it and I will have the area bombed. For now, I am going to have to track down these 'Mayflies'"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: November 10, 2014, 12:32:10 am »

"Evacuate it and I will have the area bombed. For now, I am going to have to track down these 'Mayflies'"
(Exactly what is being bombed, GM? I'd like to know before I veto this action for blowing up an orphanage.)

"One of the most basic things we should do with Prop 28.00 is to officially mark Void worship as HERESY...*ahem*....heresy, against all gods. It sounds pretty obvious and self-evident but let's not leave room for doubt." :|

(So what happened with those artists I commissioned?)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 12:38:24 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1757 on: November 10, 2014, 12:46:35 am »

Sorae Schemer: "Nothing much, just some experiments."
Four galleys worth of floatstone for experiments? Granted. You must tell me what your results are.
Watch him to see what he does with the stone.

Anyone want to bet he is going to steal a fleet of ships?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1758 on: November 10, 2014, 01:01:14 am »

Yaos: It turns out that the family is involved with funding a Void cult for the purpose of increasing membership in the Inquisition. They seem to have a history of making self-destructive decisions.

The building with the graffiti is an old wooden mill. It has since been used by various children and Void cults and children's Void cults as a hideout.

Lyle has created a document on patent law! He gives it to an Inquisitor and explains that it depends heavily on them enforcing it with the threat of death.

The artists have created a variety of works, of various media. There seems to be an abundance of statues of the four gods emphasized.

Serac: The Schemer has lifted an entire ship filled with boulders using the floatstone. Some of them fall onto a nearby town, destroying a few warehouses. (Warstuff updated)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: November 10, 2014, 01:14:34 am »

Annoyed Mountwyrm: "I wish those scale-less, smelly monkeys would stay out of our land already."
Mountwyrm Saleswizard: "Would you like to buy some of my godslayer replicas? Only 50 for 3!"
Peridot Dragon: "I heard there is actually a lawmancer going around and trying to take our hoards. Can you do something about it?"
"Why do you dislike them so much?"
"Could someone investigate that for me?"
"I thought about it, but didn't feel it necessary after watching the first dragon fend off his words."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: November 10, 2014, 01:15:32 am »

"Could someone investigate that for me?"

"I will get right on it, after the 'mayfly" case. Though I am willing to bet it is similar to the 'void army' case, and it is merely a sword designed after a popular item from play or some such."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:19:57 am by Stirk »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: November 10, 2014, 01:57:09 am »

@Grauel: "Shall we form a temporary truce until all these Void cults are dealt with?"

A Psymental attuned angel is made. Together with Yaos and Vaal's device they shall hunt down Void objects and cultists within the Inquisition and execute them.

Yaos: It turns out that the family is involved with funding a Void cult for the purpose of increasing membership in the Inquisition. They seem to have a history of making self-destructive decisions.
Their property is confiscated, the adults are executed (after gaining the location and identities of cults, cultists, and corrupt Inquisitors of course), the children are sent to re-education facilities, the corrupt Inquisitors receive execution by angel (and Vaal), cults and cultists are hunted down the children sent to...you know what? I'm going to stop mentioning this. It'll always ALWAYS happen in the case of children, but I'll just stop explicitly mentioning it, but they get sent to re-education facilities. Now where was I? Ah yes, the adult cultists are executed and all Void items found are destroyed.

The building with the graffiti is an old wooden mill. It has since been used by various children and Void cults and children's Void cults as a hideout.
Anyone who visits the mill will be captured, interrogated, and dealt with appropriately (children get re-educated, adults get executed). After about a week with no visitors, the mill is allowed to be destroyed by Strike Team Fusil.

Lyle has created a document on patent law! He gives it to an Inquisitor and explains that it depends heavily on them enforcing it with the threat of death.
Lyle has obviously been corrupted by the Void. He is not executed, but he is kept under lock and key in a well-fortified fortress. The document is taken by the Inquisitor, he's told to disregard everything the archlawyer said, and Yaos inspects the document with a Gem Dragon.

"I urge the other gods to make finding and destroying Void cults their number one priority."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:58:52 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 10, 2014, 02:04:12 am »

"We can't seem to put a dent in them. We get maybe two ticks of peace at most before something strange not related to Varee happens."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: November 10, 2014, 02:06:33 am »

Lyle has obviously been corrupted by the Void. He is not executed, but he is kept under lock and key in a well-fortified fortress. The document is taken by the Inquisitor, he's told to disregard everything the archlawyer said, and Yaos inspects the document with a Gem Dragon.

"..........So how are those non-lethal techniques working?"

"We can't seem to put a dent in them. We get maybe two ticks of peace at most before something strange not related to Varee happens."

"Yes, but VROOM has passed. We can now think of ways to raise awareness against the Void. I suggest posters and other forms of propaganda."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: November 10, 2014, 02:29:53 am »

"..........So how are those non-lethal techniques working?"
"Rather well, actually. Mortality amongst child cultists has dropped to an all-time low (possibly zero), and every raid ends up with at least one capture. I thank you in earnest for your contribution. The fight against the Void is made easier thanks to you."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: November 10, 2014, 05:16:51 am »

"I hereby withdraw my blessing of the Arch-Lawyer. I specifically protested against the creation of patents, and now you, Yaos, imprison him for being the victim of a crime. I will not sway from this decision."

"Eh. Mimes are worse. They're actually affiliated with the Void if I remember correctly."
"And they are not. Where do you think all those invisible walls come from?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: November 10, 2014, 05:33:13 am »

"I hereby withdraw my blessing of the Arch-Lawyer. I specifically protested against the creation of patents, and now you, Yaos, imprison him for being the victim of a crime. I will not sway from this decision."
"He kind of said that anyone who breached a patent should be killed and he said this after possibly being corrupted by the Void and could still potentially hurt people or get people hurt. I'll check to see if he's been influenced and if he hasn't then he'll be set free. If not.....um...well I won't kill him. I actually don't know what I'd do. Keep him in holding until we can find out how to remove Void influence? We really need to figure this out."

Vaal checks to see if Lyle is showing up on the VDD.

"And they are not. Where do you think all those invisible walls come from?"
"..."

"In the interest of maintaining good times with you, Cim, I'd like to ask what you want from me. Policy changes, favours, stuff like that."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 05:38:43 am by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: November 10, 2014, 06:12:27 am »

"Oh, I am happy about what you do, Yaos. Just not about the reasons you do them for nor your methods. Still, I understand you are the God of Ambition, so do as you want. However, don't expect my approval of everything."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T30.5: Purchase!
« Reply #1768 on: November 10, 2014, 06:59:13 am »

Tick 30.5: Purchase! (Anath, Kli, and the Light have not submitted probably complete orders)

An imperfect copy of a Void energy detector has been recreated by a group of intellectuals employed by Yaos' empire. The original has been used by Vaal in an attempt to find sources of Void contamination.

A lunar Armu expedition on Slytha has discovered the Divine Library. Crowds of random Armu have decided to enter the Library, much to the great annoyance of the Muses, the Mantras, and the currently present readers.

A grand, cylindrical temple to the Light has completed construction. The local priests are gathering donations for an impressive painting on its ceiling and statues to place around it.

The combined efforts of Azem and Yaos have created a small group of ninja (which are mammals). They wander the lands in roofed carriages and put their skills to good use in earning money. The two have also commissioned a temple of Greed in a Slythan human kingdom.

A group of shady figures have released a number of non-Void-related people currently held at re-education facilities and prisons. Some of them seem to have been slated for execution. Needless to say, the Inquisition has announced the search.

A girl given a doll containing the soul of a petty thief has managed to start and run a successful textile business. The doll is passed to a random orphans on the death or retirement of the current owner.

Following Yaos' request for religious art emphasizing Yaos, Azem, Joha, Kujin, and their angels, many assorted works have been created. The majority of the art seems to consist of painted figurines of each of the four in the form of their favored race.

The Inquisition has reacted to a baking accident by arresting the baker's entire household and obliterating the offending pastry.

A mourner has revealed possible Void and mundane corruption in a nearby family after being questioned about his odd necklace. It appears that the family has a habit of giving out strange necklaces to anyone with the potential to cause trouble for them. Following the arrest of a prisoner and some children, the area is purged, which results in a brief fire responsible for 36 deaths. The odd necklaces in the area remain untouched and unsoiled by the ash.

The possibly Void-corrupted family's adults have been summarily executed, and Inquisitors who took bribes have been disappeared. As usual, the children are sent to a re-education facility.

Some graffiti with potential Void influence on an old wooden flour mill has been filed off completely after an investigation. This case had been transferred to Strike Team Fusil, but iseems that Yaos has taken back control over it. A suspicious man has entered the building with a cartload of opened bags of grain and begun milling.

Lyle has been imprisoned for potential Void corruption following the flying monkeys incident. The Inquisitor given the document on patent law has been sent away with orders to ignore it. The document seems to contain many incoherent ramblings about "those awful hypocrites always taking our inventions that the Messenger mentioned." Some of it seems fairly coherent but highly impractical and inefficient, potentially requiring a major action on a god's part every tick.

Vaal has checked Lyle with the Ikan detector. Lyle tests as negative (i.e. approximately equal or lower than CEB).

A magnificent temple of Serac has been constructed by the Ritan, who acknowledge their divine inspiration.

A Shifty Sorae has lifted a ship filled with boulders into the air. Some boulders have dropped on some coastal warehouses and destroyed them.

The Ikan have been rebuked for their attitude toward outsiders by Joha herself. Hopefully, this will lead to greater cooperation with the deeper races.

The Slythan Life Lab has released a modified poplar tree with only perpendicular branching. There is high demand for "natural treehouses" produced using not just the perplars' wood but the living perplars themselves.

Some of Joha's cactus people have been further modified for movement and given transport to a coastal area. They are impressed by the amount of water.

Annoyed Mountwyrm: "They stink, they're arrogant, and they could invade us at any time."
Peridot dragon: "I trust your judgment, Lord Azem."

Yaos has created a psymentally attuned angel and tasked it with executing Void objects and cultists within the INquisition. Unfortunately for those opposing the Void Nulls, this will take a fairly long time to complete accurately.

This update's dominant constellations are the Dragon and Eye. The Keshan aurora fade back to a greenish hue.

(Yaos: -5E)

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are no longer being added for the war minigame, although new players in general are welcome. Special units have been deployed.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T30.5: Purchase!
« Reply #1769 on: November 10, 2014, 11:17:15 am »

Appear within my temple in form of a giant serpent of ice.

"Rani and my other faithful worshipers, traders are coming from the south to buy and sell. Quickly craft many magical creations of ice to trade with them."
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 475