Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615165 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T30.5: Purchase!
« Reply #1770 on: November 10, 2014, 03:07:32 pm »

The Rani produce many assorted crafts and artifacts out of ice. The more ambitious even make ice statues. Some worry that exposure to the Burning Lands to the south will simply destroy the less heat-protected creations.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: November 10, 2014, 03:26:48 pm »

(As for the mill, it will be watched by the Inquisition until STF destroys it. That's what I meant. As for the rich family's home, I said that the adults and necklaces are purged, while the home itself is confiscated. Here we go.)

Vaal will check the Orb Holders for Void stuff. Since Strike Team Fusil seems like they have better stuff to do, Lette will destroy the mill once it's clear of occupants.

What are the statuses of the Orb Holders?

The more ambitious even make ice statues.
Reward these Rani with improved ice-sculpting skills.

EDIT: (Maybe the subtitles should relate more to what's actually going on in the Ticks? They've been relating to the war minigame for a very long time now.)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:42:20 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1772 on: November 10, 2014, 03:51:42 pm »

(Whoops. Should I change it? At least the STF detail changes little other than a description.)

The mill is now very dusty. How will Lette destroy the mill?

The Orb Holders seem not to have any Void corruption.
Mighty King of Conquest: "I have slaughtered thousands and I will slaughter thousands more! Praise be to Yaos, and glory to my kingdom!"
Tome-Queen of Secrets: "The secrets of life and death shall be mine at any cost."
Devoted Lord of Persuasion: "No one is able to resist worshiping you any more, Great Yaos!"
Terrific Warlady of Battle: "If my spinning axe can cleave an armored man in one sweep, it is by your blessing."
Immense Emperor of Roundness: "I continue to amass an empire! Look at [records expunged to preserve the gods' sanity]"
Potent Sovereign of Order: "There are no more cultists or unbelievers in our lands. By our sacrifices we have achieved total victory."
Inquisitive Empress of Questions: "I have started an Inquisition, Yaos. We have caught and executed hundreds of cultists."
Strong Actor of Weights: "I can now lift a hollow sculpture of a boulder made of wood above my head!"
Repentant Heretic of Knives: "I thank you, Yaos, for opening my eyes to my true talents and guiding them to where they must go."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: November 10, 2014, 04:15:12 pm »

(Yes, change it please.)

However way she wants! Fire, explosions, throwing a boulder at it, tearing it apart with her bare hands....any way she wants! Just so long as no one gets hurt.

It seems that two of the Orbs have passed to non-kings. The second-last one doesn't even praise me! I take the Orb away from the actor and give it to.......Malik! The Prophet of Humans shall become the Prophet of Omnes Yaos - embodying both his spheres of Humans and Ambition! Truly my Influence over Slytha will greatly increase!

EDIT:
Yaos goes male.

Mighty King of Conquest: "I have slaughtered thousands and I will slaughter thousands more! Praise be to Yaos, and glory to my kingdom!"
Tome-Queen of Secrets: "The secrets of life and death shall be mine at any cost."
Devoted Lord of Persuasion: "No one is able to resist worshiping you any more, Great Yaos!"
Terrific Warlady of Battle: "If my spinning axe can cleave an armored man in one sweep, it is by your blessing."
Immense Emperor of Roundness: "I continue to amass an empire! Look at [records expunged to preserve the gods' sanity]"
Potent Sovereign of Order: "There are no more cultists or unbelievers in our lands. By our sacrifices we have achieved total victory."
Inquisitive Empress of Questions: "I have started an Inquisition, Yaos. We have caught and executed hundreds of cultists."
Strong Actor of Weights: "I can now lift a hollow sculpture of a boulder made of wood above my head!"
Repentant Heretic of Knives: "I thank you, Yaos, for opening my eyes to my true talents and guiding them to where they must go."
That's interesting.
"Tell me if you ever come across strange names in your search and do not neglect to worship me."
Wonderful!
Of course it is.
....ok?
"Cultists? Do you mean Void cultists?"
"Cultists? Do you mean Void cultists?" (Yes, again. It wasn't an editing error.)
(See above)
That's nice.

The Psymental angel uses the lesser VDD to aid in the detection of Void stuff within the Inquisition.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 05:59:20 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T29: Spend!
« Reply #1774 on: November 10, 2014, 05:53:26 pm »

(Caught up a bit.)

"What about Saeva? I could feed them the occasional Saeva. They're basically Humans but without the sapience. Would that be adequate?"

I can't see why not. To clarify, I'm not even really encouraging the Gruen to eat Humans right now; I just don't feel like telling them not to eat something. If you try that and the Gruen like it enough to stop eating humans, then I'm perfectly fine with that.

@Grauel: "Shall we form a temporary truce until all these Void cults are dealt with?"

Assuming you're willing lay back on eradicating human, gruen and hybrid cults, then sure.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: November 10, 2014, 06:54:01 pm »

Azem checks on the whereabouts of the seven gems of power he gifted to the Dwarves.

(I find myself wondering if someone is going to go full circle with my subconscious/accidental reference and make three artifacts to give to the Elves.)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: November 10, 2014, 07:00:30 pm »

(Well, if the trio of puzzle boxes were all explored by elves...)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: November 10, 2014, 07:28:37 pm »

I can't see why not. To clarify, I'm not even really encouraging the Gruen to eat Humans right now; I just don't feel like telling them not to eat something. If you try that and the Gruen like it enough to stop eating humans, then I'm perfectly fine with that.
An offer is made to Gruen governments. If they declare the eating of sapient Humans illegal, then the war will end and Saeva (essentially non-sentient Humans) will be given for them to eat instead. This offer is given directly to the governments - rather than through Grauel - because he has decided to abstain from making the decision.

Assuming you're willing lay back on eradicating human, gruen and hybrid cults, then sure.
"I'm....not....what? I'm only eradicating Gruen cults - cults that worship Gruen, allow themselves to be eaten, and sacrifice other humans to be eaten. I've never heard of any cults where they worship Humans or Hybrids. All such cults which result in the deaths of Humans and operate within Human lands will continue to be eradicated BUT I will not send any armies into Gruen lands."

(I find myself wondering if someone is going to go full circle with my subconscious/accidental reference and make three artifacts to give to the Elves.)
(Well, if the trio of puzzle boxes were all explored by elves...)
(Yaos creates the One Crown of Power....)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: November 10, 2014, 07:33:46 pm »

(Oh fel no. Besides, we don't any evil angels. Or their evil boss.)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: November 10, 2014, 07:48:14 pm »

Oh, am I mistaken? I thought you eradicated cults that eat humans as well as those that just just worship Gruen. Admittedly the lines may be a little blurred but I figured it was worth bringing up the distinction because essentially Gruen worship tends to lead to becoming a hybrid and lots of hybrids are at least partially under my domain.

Grauel encourages the Gruen to actually hear out the messengers and not just eat them.
Might as well try it. Probably less work and similar tasting.
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1780 on: November 10, 2014, 07:51:27 pm »

Tick 30.5: Purges and excitement (Anath, Kli, and the Light have not submitted probably complete orders, but the war has a chance of being resolved peacefully)

The Hypermerchant has arrived at a Rani village and made contact with them. Many of the traders seem to have turned back early, but there are enough remaining to buy up most of the Rani's goods. The Rani are fascinated by the many shinies the merchants brought, and the Hypermerchant is interested in the ice creations and the native iron crafts the Rani have. The slightly ambitious Rani have been rewarded by Yaos with better ice-sculpting skill.

The members of a corrupt family have been purged along with their possibly Void-contaminated possessions. Their land has been confiscated.

Lette has decided to fire an energy blast at the dusty mill after the miller has left, which proceeds to explode and damage surrounding buildings and to seriously injure 6 nearby people. Further investigation reveals that the Void energy has returned to normal

Potent Sovereign of Order: "Yes, that and anyone who dares serve any but you!"
Inquisitive Empress of Questions: "Well, yes. Also anyone who questions you or belief in you."

A psymentally attuned angel of Yaos has attempted to use the recreated Void meter to detect anything Void-related in the Inquisition. It seems to activate unpredictably, and the results may be called into question.

Golden Underking: "I continue to amass a hoard of gold, silver, and hardsilver. I shall create a horde of dragon statues in your name for my tomb."
Fecund Underqueen: "Can you teach me or my cooks some more expensive recipes?"
Low Freeminer: "Through Greed we have managed to expand to half of all miners!"
Mountwyrm Hypermerchant: "The trade mission was a success! We have bought many ephemeral yet valuable goods from the good Rani."
Diamond Dragon: "I have found a way to make gold high-melting. Thank you nonetheless for driving our Greed for a solution."
Emerald Council:"The ungrateful humans have decided to turn away many of our caravans."
Nautical Shipper: "We continue in our noble voyage, Lord Azem!"

The Gruen governments have been offered peace under the condition that they make the consumption of humans but not Saeva illegal. Some responses from the Gruen states closer to human states are as follows:
Large Gruen empire: "The Gruen can never be restricted from a food source. Enforcement will be futile and may result in violence and actual human-eating renegades spilling over into your borders."
Small Gruen empire: "If we do that, many disloyal but powerful Gruen will be encouraged to eat humans solely out of rebellion."
Small Gruen kingdom: "We will never agree to that. The right to devour a willing person is fundamental and can never be taken."
Small Gruen city-state: "I would be open to that if you ceded two cities."
Large Gruen empire: "We'll consider your negotiations if you submit a polite apology for terrorizing everyone near your lands."

The four randomly generated megabeasts on each world require an additional vote from The Light, Artisanii, or Khaziraad to pass if unopposed.

This update's dominant constellations are the Staff and Claw.

Spoiler: Features (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are no longer being added for the war minigame, although new players in general are welcome. Special units have been deployed.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: November 10, 2014, 08:17:07 pm »

Oh, am I mistaken? I thought you eradicated cults that eat humans as well as those that just just worship Gruen. Admittedly the lines may be a little blurred but I figured it was worth bringing up the distinction because essentially Gruen worship tends to lead to becoming a hybrid and lots of hybrids are at least partially under my domain.
"If they want to become hybrids that's their choice and I won't interfere. I would even theoretically allow them to be eaten if they consented, but cults tend to spread and so more and more people would allow themselves to be killed and eaten and so it basically becomes murder by extension/association. Look at it this way: suicide is legal, but helping or convincing someone to commit suicide is not. Oh and could you support Proposal 24.00 please? We could theoretically teleport our armies there to duke it out and settle wars without any bloodshed whatsoever. Or we could just use it for fun if you want a full war. It's very flexible like that."

Lette has decided to fire an energy blast at the dusty mill after the miller has left, which proceeds to explode and damage surrounding buildings and to seriously injure 6 nearby people.
However way she wants! Fire, explosions, throwing a boulder at it, tearing it apart with her bare hands....any way she wants! Just so long as no one gets hurt.
(I'll let it slide because no one was killed.)
Lette goes down and heals everyone who was hurt. The damage buildings are repaired and refurbished using the (dubiously quantified) Empire's funds.

The Greek Fire grenades that the Controlados use burn too slowly. The Scientists are told to work on a grenade that burns more quickly, so that those affected by the grenade don't have to suffer for as long as they would. Protective clothing/armour is bought for them and they are given some of the prototype Saeva to use as test dummies. The blast radius, damage, etc. should remain the same, but the time it takes for something to burn down should decrease.

Now that Malik has an Orb of Ambition, does he have enough power to stop the river from flooding without burning out?

"I propose that only 40% of gods need to vote before a proposal either passes or fails. At the moment, we have fifteen, no, SIXTEEN active gods and it takes too many Ticks before a proposal either passes or fails. Under this proposal, the 50% unopposed and 60% opposed rule would still remain in effect.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 08:29:29 pm by Andres »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: November 10, 2014, 08:42:17 pm »

Yeah, I feel like I don't really care about most proposals being made but I guess I have enough essence to spare. I'll support.

Support 24.00

Guess I better have that soup before it gets cold.

Go down to the feast prepared for me.
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: November 10, 2014, 08:43:17 pm »

Yeah, I feel like I don't really care about most proposals being made but I guess I have enough essence to spare. I'll support.

"It only cost the God of Man two essence before getting half the gods on his side. There was no reason he could not purchase it himself..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: November 10, 2014, 08:51:49 pm »

I know. If others are already going to go and throw in essence anyway though, I might as well do so myself just so I get a say in how it works. That reminds me, I should really think of something I want to do with my share of the gas giant essence reserve. Huh, I had some ideas but retrospectively none of them really feel right.
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 475