Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616759 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T33: Monsters!
« Reply #1920 on: November 12, 2014, 08:08:22 pm »

"For all we know at this point, it could be anyone. Even me."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: November 12, 2014, 08:21:28 pm »

"Hold on a second. Made of many materials including metal, greatly resistant to heat... IS THIS A MOCKERY OF MY GOLEMS?"

Disect a random monsters biological architecture on celular level. Search for anything that could receive commands from afar or act as a brain.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: November 12, 2014, 08:30:30 pm »

(Double-tap: Say you kill a zombie and it's lying on the floor. To make sure it's dead you double-tap it; hitting or shooting it in the head again just to be sure.)

"They can't summon more monsters if they don't have blood, right? Well in conjunction with Serac's rain idea, we should probably use weapons against them that doesn't draw blood. I'm thinking blunt weapons and weapons so hot that it vaporises any blood that it draws instantly. The problem is that our current blunt weapons don't do enough damage and the latter type of weapon doesn't exist. Fusil? That's your cue."

(Seriously, how big are these things? I want to know before I mobilise the Humanos Grande or perhaps the Paladins.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1923 on: November 12, 2014, 08:32:00 pm »

Their blood isn't the problem Yaos. I don't think most of them even have blood... It's the murdered civilians that are bleeding.
And they are fireproof, a hot sword wouldn't do much.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: November 12, 2014, 08:32:42 pm »

(Double-tap: Say you kill a zombie and it's lying on the floor. To make sure it's dead you double-tap it; hitting or shooting it in the head again just to be sure.)

(That is not what double tap means at all. Basically a double tap is pulling the trigger twice instead of once, helping your accuracy. There is a Wikipedia page on it...)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: November 12, 2014, 08:38:21 pm »

I do not like the looks of this...

Create an angel, named Cherubus Palatino, as the Angel of Spirit. Powers include the ability to imbue mortals to perform feats normally beyond their ken, the ability to see into the hearts of men and monsters, the ability to inspire and redeem people for Good, to speak to mortals in dreams and visions, to heal mortals magically, to fly, and to appear in an awe-inspiring form of Goodness, typically unique to the viewer.

Check in on the Seraphim, find out how things are going for them.

Try to inspire/speak to some mortals, and get the Palatino to do the same, to begin the missionary work. People are Good at heart, after all. It shouldn't be difficult to convince them to be followers of Goodness.

Look into the hearts and minds of the monsters, find out what the hell's goin' on there and see if I couldn't calm them down/convince them to help people instead of hurt.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: November 12, 2014, 08:42:01 pm »

Their blood isn't the problem Yaos. I don't think most of them even have blood... It's the murdered civilians that are bleeding.
And they are fireproof, a hot sword wouldn't do much.

"So we need to evacuate everyone as far away as possible from these monsters. Maybe we can put some Essence together to mass-teleport them? As for the fireproof stuff, I'd say they're more fire-resistant, and I wasn't talking about fire-sword hot - I was talking about Sun hot."

(That is not what double tap means at all. Basically a double tap is pulling the trigger twice instead of once, helping your accuracy. There is a Wikipedia page on it...)
(I'm using the Zombieland definition.)

-snip-
(Angels can fly and heal by default.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: November 12, 2014, 08:44:43 pm »

(Oh. That's good to know)
Then, uh, also the ability to use powerful magic. And let mortals use magic around it, if it so chooses. Yeah. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: November 12, 2014, 08:45:42 pm »

"I suggest you look for the young engineer who was touched by the Light and infused by Fusil who has created a bundled-light tower. A hot beam of light is shot from this construction and could probably be improved furtherly."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1929 on: November 12, 2014, 08:46:33 pm »

The Light: You hear the following prayers:
Endangered Luminee: "Save us! The monsters are coming for us!"
Luminee Adventurer: "I request a great quest."
Luminee Playwright: "Can you describe the monsters in greater detail?"
Cactus man: "The vast water isn't very potable. Can you do something about it?"

Azem:
Alprozem"A few of the more dominant Void cults began regulating themselves a few decades ago. They make sure to disappear the more violent or dangerous cultists and now we pay them a little each year to help keep Void activity down."

(Serac: -2E)
Serac: You cause a permanent (magical) downpour over the lands where there are demons, which covers some of the towns slaughtered. This does not interfere with Khaziraad's angels' wall significantly.

Khaziraad: You dissect a random monster and discover nothing significant. It seems to be a mindless automaton incapable of anything but attacking and traveling to the next target of attacking.

Yaos: The scientists continue to produce drawings but have yet to find anything practical. Most of the methods used would take hours of continued attention or can only be done in a large workshop in which stored energy in springs, for instance, can be applied to drive a suitable weapon through, and anyone foolish enough to wait for a few hours would probably end up killed in seconds.

(The monsters vary in size from roughly 1m/yd along the longest axis to 10m/yd)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: November 12, 2014, 08:53:14 pm »

(These things are 5m shorter than Humanos Grande? This will be fun.)

"RELEASE THE HUMANOS"

And so 1,000 15 metre tall giants and their 10 Controller Angels were unleashed upon the smaller monsters who probably only numbered in the low hundreds. Thankfully, dismembered limbs and dead Humanos burn up when they die so no blood to be used as summoning material! Wait, did I even design them with blood? I can't remember. They certainly don't have a heart....

"I suggest you look for the young engineer who was touched by the Light and infused by Fusil who has created a bundled-light tower. A hot beam of light is shot from this construction and could probably be improved furtherly."
The Scientists of Yaos are given visions of this tower. They have orders to miniaturise it and to ask for any materials they need.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:02:22 pm by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: November 12, 2014, 08:53:43 pm »

"Interesting. Are they confined to human lands?"

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: November 12, 2014, 08:54:26 pm »

Acquire some of that spice and trap a few of the more ferocious monsters in a magical box that keeps them cold and fresh for later.

Kill a few more and drag them back to the Devourer's Citadel. Feed them to Gruen and use essence to instantaneous speed up the adaptation processes to see what the effects are.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: November 12, 2014, 08:55:32 pm »

Worry not god of goodness, they will be very helpful after being either melted down or carved into bricks.
Teleport a hall of war golems to help with killing the beasts.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1934 on: November 12, 2014, 08:57:09 pm »

Random monsters from DF, since they weren't getting done...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cactus man: "The vast water isn't very potable. Can you do something about it?"
Use rainwater.

Send Angela to search for any survivors and teleport them somewhere safe, since Nuparhi is currently taking some time off to rest.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 475