Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617101 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] Game Thread/IC: T34.4: Void invasion!?
« Reply #2145 on: November 14, 2014, 05:16:46 pm »

(Not really. I have a bit of a cold, but I feel fine enough.)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2146 on: November 14, 2014, 05:22:08 pm »

(OK, then.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: November 14, 2014, 05:30:47 pm »

"Friends, She turns to Joha and Azem, "Honored council members," She turns to most of the other gods, "Fusil." ;D She turns to Fusil. "I bring to the table a proposal of great importance. When Kujin created the Ikakus - the energy-bending dragons, She leans closer to Fusil, "Who fire energy," Even closer, "From their mouths," Even closer! "Without weapons," She stops leaning, " - he only created 450 of them. As some may know, at least 2,000 members of a species for a species to survive indefinitely. Any less and in a few centuries (for Humans at least) they will eventually die to....." After a pause she continues, "Inbreeding." Yaos lets that sink in for a moment.

"Now, to correct this little deficiency in numbers I propose that we propagate all proper species such as the Ikaku so that there are 2,500 members of that race who are not related to one another. We are making 2,500 instead of just 2,000 because some will innevitably die and an extra 500 is a good safety net. This proposal will apply to all proper species who don't have 2,500 members, not just the Ikakus. Surely there must be some races that we have forgotten, so a blanket proposal such as this one will cover them and no race will have to die of......." Wait for it, "Inbreeding. We can probably leave it up to the God Minion to find all the races that fall under this proposal." ;)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:43:45 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: November 14, 2014, 05:36:56 pm »

Eh, forget you all, I'll do it myself. I want to try and get that thing as a weapon regardless of the risk.

"Keep that thing on a short leash. It is good that you stopped it, but I really should have just spent the three essence points the moment I saw it."

Fusil deemed me responsible, even though I mentioned how hypocritical that is, and sent his angels to slaughter my innocents.

"This is an out-right lie. I slaughtered the Breaker nights, as was necessary. You slaughtered not only my followers, but those of Yaos and those uninvolved with the conflict. And for what? To prove a misheard point? For those interested, my real point was 'as one god can control the followers of another, making the follower's actions a responsibility of the god is not logical.' Then he proves this, by getting unaligned humans to act for him. I act on "perceived" threats to defend my beloved followers. This is a dangerous place, with plenty of the threats being real. Such as void things corrupting them, other gods summoning hordes of demons or tainted knights to try slaughtering them."

To this, I set up a prison and captured Tykki to prevent further harm from being done, but due to GM error spacetime distortion Fusil got to know the exact details of the capture.

"Again, you are lying to the council. Tykki was in complete communication with me the entire time, though distorted she had warned me that she was captured by Cim. She asked for me to go to the council, stating that Cim cannot be fought on his own plane, which I did to save my Tykki. Since I could not harm Cim, and he had nothing I could capture in retaliation, I captured one of his followers. With one of his followers harmlessly tied up, I made it so he could not harm my Tykki in any way while the council was acting. Without this action, war would have been inevitable, as you would have felt yourself untouchable. By proving that if you harm me, you will also be harmed, I managed to get both Tykki and the prophet back to their correct locations unharmed."

"Fusil, you've also antagonized the Void. I do agree that we should keep them away, for this Bubble is ours, not theirs, but your methods for doing so are wrong. Destroying their servants with extreme prejudice wastes a lot of potential. We could learn to understand them, and use this understanding for either war or peace. Have you touched the Void? I have, and noted its danger, but also its mutability; with enough Essence, a new Bubble could be created or it could be safely traversed to anywhere, even other Bubbles. Have you seen the Nulls in their physical forms? I have seen eight, know the names of five and have talked with two of them. Despite their immense, eldritch forms and nigh-unpronounceable names, they are much like us in their morals, working for their own spheres as we do. We should seek further knowledge before lashing out in fear of the unknown."

"You...you have done WHAT? I have avoided the void with all my power. I have read the books, I know what they have done in other worlds and what they would do to ours if given half a chance. Despite your claims, I have done extensive research. I was, in fact, the first to do so. You, on the other hand, decided the best place to learn about demons was from the mouth of demons. This act is, quite frankly, unforgivable. The Void lies, the void manipulates. You can not trust a word that comes out of their tainted mouths. Do suicide cults mean nothing to you? Do summoning demons in the middle of crowded cities seem like a benign act? So easily, you have been blinded. Well, you know what I mean. Was it you who summoned the monsters?"

"Fusil, you also seem to have the mindset of ”if it ain't broke, don't fix it.” ”Might makes Right,” while technically not a broken system, seeds too much conflict in its very nature.

"Conflict is not evil. The best systems have conflict inherent in them, especially in law. Conflict drives people to the best systems, with only one option nothing is done well. Why change from our perfect world? We do not need these petty, restrictive, and idiotic laws that limit our power. We do not need all these foolish things you propose. We need to preserve what we have."

”You threaten other Gods if they don't agree with you or if you suspect them of having done something. Coercion, while sometimes effective, is almost always inferior to persuasion, for a persuaded ally won't defect even if they later gain power to trump yours. And let me tell you, with a bit of persuasion, anyone's power can surpass anyone's if they get the Council on their side."

"You have never persuaded anyone. In case you haven't noticed, half the council is still in anger over you slaughtering innocents with your knights. Should I take advice from a pathetic worm like you?"

”In short, you really need to change your attitude if you want to collaborate with me in the future. You are simply too volatile and chaotic to trust. This is not a declaration of war.”

"I don't want to collaborate with you. In fact, I have been looking for an opportunity to kill you for a long time now. You can't imagine my disappointment when we where a half tick away from you being inactive. When I said I would kill you, it was not an empty threat as when I threaten the God of Man. It was a vow on the blood of my followers I failed to protect. But you are paranoid. I could not get in a good position. It would harm even more of my followers if I had continued the conflict. So I bided my time until the opportunity showed itself, until you where inactive, or spent a lot of essence. And now? Now you not only insult me and the followers you had slaughtered, but you also spent a massive amount of essence and admitted to dealing with the void in a way Serac never would. I may not get an opportunity like this again.

I am going to kill you, Cim. This is a deceleration of personal war between us. I can no longer allow you to live."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: November 14, 2014, 05:40:03 pm »

Azem wakes up.

"*Yawns* Did I miss anything? I feel like I missed something important..."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: November 14, 2014, 05:46:14 pm »

"*Yawns* Did I miss anything? I feel like I missed something important..."
"Fusil just declared war on Cim and he admitted to trying to kill him for a long time. I think we should take Fusil to trial since that breaks Part Two of Anath's Code of Conduct: 'Thou Shall Not Seek the Death of Another God.'"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: November 14, 2014, 05:48:18 pm »

"Oh. Again?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: November 14, 2014, 05:48:57 pm »

"Fusil just declared war on Cim and he admitted to trying to kill him for a long time. I think we should take Fusil to trial since that breaks Part Two of Anath's Code of Conduct: 'Thou Shall Not Seek the Death of Another God.'"

"I have been waiting to kill him, which is different than trying. Besides, Tykki is a lawmancer, the most powerful and well armed in this bubble. The only other lawyer is insane and in prison. Certainly, you remember the Breaker Knights?"

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: November 14, 2014, 05:51:42 pm »

Yeah don't worry. I'm saving this thing for defensive uses. Especially with certain Void Beings getting brazen enough to make outright threats, it's probably a good idea to have as many defensive measures in place as possible.

Also what did the books say Void Beings did to other worlds? I'm a little extra worried with the recent revelation of a Jelly Roll Void Being who would technically be directly against my sphere... Even though jelly rolls are delicious and lovable, any being with absolute control over the enigmous jelly roll is a force to be feared and loathed.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: November 14, 2014, 05:54:19 pm »

Yaos changes forms.

"Oh. Again?"
"Again? I don't remember Fusil actively trying to kill a god before."

"I have been waiting to kill him, which is different than trying. Besides, Tykki is a lawmancer, the most powerful and well armed in this bubble. The only other lawyer is insane and in prison. Certainly, you remember the Breaker Knights?"
"Tykki is irrelevant. This is God Law and non-gods have no place in it. Seeking someone's death can be interpreted as both actively trying to kill a god or simply planning to do so. Now that you declared war and declared your intent to kill Cim you have broken the Code of Conduct and thus, Council Rules. I do remember the Breaker Knights, but that was legal under Council Rules (illegal under other laws) and he helped bring them down."

"I propose that we seal Fusil away for 3 Ticks as punishment for intent to kill another god - the most serious crime one god can do to another."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: November 14, 2014, 05:58:56 pm »

"My only real fear concerning the Void has always been the possibility that there is a Being of...generosity.

Azem shudders.

"Fusil has made his contempt for the lawgiver very clear in the past."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2156 on: November 14, 2014, 06:00:11 pm »

So, what were those two weird ones doing?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: November 14, 2014, 06:02:02 pm »

"Again? I don't remember Fusil actively trying to kill a god before."

"Where you asleep during the Breaker Knight Indecent?"

"Tykki is irrelevant. This is God Law and non-gods have no place in it. Seeking someone's death can be interpreted as both actively trying to kill a god or simply planning to do so. Now that you declared war and declared your intent to kill Cim you have broken the Code of Conduct and thus, Council Rules. I do remember the Breaker Knights, but that was legal under Council Rules (illegal under other laws) and he helped bring them down."

"Who cares for that law? It has been utterly pointless. Several gods have been mysteriously murdered, and I am the only reason our god of Freedom and Arts are not making up some void-slave's essence pool. It has obviously failed on every level. Besides, that is not how I interpret it, thus not how it effects me. With such a poorly worded and loophole filled law, there is no reason for me to obey. Would it placate you to know that I will have Tykki land the finishing blow, on her own free will? Certainly, that is not me seeking out her death, but my loyal servant."

"I propose that we seal Fusil away for 3 Ticks as punishment for intent to kill another god - the most serious crime one god can do to another."

"I oppose, of course. Cim is probably the one who summoned the demons, maybe even the dragon. He is going to die. Sealing me will not stop that from happening, you would only be putting my own life at risk. Especially with the Killer Null coming in next tick, you need me to defend this world."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: November 14, 2014, 06:04:42 pm »

"If we're going to do anything, then I suggest we seal away both of them. For their own safety and the safety of others of course."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: November 14, 2014, 06:05:39 pm »

So, what were those two weird ones doing?
"One of those weird ones declared war on the other weird one and said that he'd been looking to kill that weird one for a long time and now he's going to actively try to do it. Both looking to kill someone and trying to kill someone are against Council Rules so I made a proposal that will seal that weird one for a few Ticks."

"I oppose, of course."
"I petition to the God Master that as this is a special proposal that Fusil be exempt from the voting pool."

"If we're going to do anything, then I suggest we seal away both of them. For their own safety and the safety of others of course."
"Cim hasn't broken any Council Rules though...."
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 475