Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616608 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T35.5: Approaching a decision
« Reply #2325 on: November 15, 2014, 08:12:46 pm »

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps we will.
I will ask you, Cim; as the God of Law and Order, how skilled are you at writing contracts, and sealing loopholes?

(AND THAT is why I will never play as a god of law. Maybe a god of order but NEVER law :P.)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: November 15, 2014, 08:16:02 pm »

"Remind me why you continue to engage with him Goodness? It serves no purpose other than to give me a headache."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: November 15, 2014, 08:21:27 pm »

My apologies, Azem, for causing you inconvenience. You are right. It serves little point to further interact with him, by this time.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T36: Verdict
« Reply #2328 on: November 15, 2014, 08:38:06 pm »

Tick 36: Verdict

Yaos has been the target of an attack by Tykki and was sent into dormancy. Darruth has revived Yaos with 1E.

Cim has attempted to control the minds of Strike Team Fusil with the assistance of Serac. This mostly achieves halting their actions (which may or may not have been useful) on account of their resistance. The Council severs this control in preparation for the execution of 34.03.2, which demands that angels be prepared for the purpose of defending their creators.

A swarm of powerful projectiles strongly radiating Essence has struck Cim, dealing 12E of damage!

Fusil has been sealed for three ticks (i.e. released at the start of T39). STF has been sent to the meta-location of his incarceration to assist in defense. The prison is monitored passively by the Council to defend both those inside and those outside. Essence income is unavailable while sealed away.

(Eating mortals for Essence: Let's say 2 000 for 1E for non-immediately critical things)

(Darruth: -1E, Yaos: +1E)

A new Council rule has been added and will apply starting after the posting of this post. Proposals at [IMMINENT PASS] will pass immediately if 80% of the Support or Oppose votes are Support votes.

Little has visibly happened this tick. Most of the gods have been occupied with the trial of Yaos v. Fusil and have done fairly little.

This update's constellations are the Human and Phoenix. The Keshan aurora are very bright.

(The new constellations seem thematically weird, but oh well)

Lawmode

34.02: Seal Fusil away for (8-1/15) [TO 34.02.3]
+8 from Yaos, Serac, Azem, Joha, Kli, Darruth, Cim, Neron
0 from Khaziraad, Taol
-1 from Fusil
34.02.1: Seal Fusil away for a tick (8-1) [TO 34.02.3]
+8 from Yaos, Serac, Azem, Joha, Kli, Darruth, Cim, Neron
0 from Khaziraad
-1 from Fusil
34.02.3: Seal Fusil away for 3 ticks (7-1) [PASSED]
+7 from Yaos, Serac, Azem, Joha, Kli, Darruth, Cim
0 from Khaziraad
-1 from Fusil
34.02.6: Seal Fusil away for 6 ticks (4-1)
+4 from Yaos, Joha, Serac, Cim
-1 from Fusil

34.03: Seal Strike Team Fusil away as well (4-4/15)
+4 from Joha, Yaos, Kli, Serac (cond. 34.03.2)
0 from Grauel
-4 from Fusil, Darruth, Cim, Taol
34.03.1.: Limit sealing Strike Team Fusil so that its members may defend Fusil (4-1/15)
+4 from Grauel, Serac, Azem, and Khaziraad
0 from Cim
-1 from Yaos
34.03.2:  Limit sealing angels in general so that they may defend their creators (10-0/15) [PASSED]
+10 from Grauel, Serac, Azem, Joha, Khaziraad, Yaos, Kli, Darruth, Taol, Neron
0 from Cim
34.03.3: Bind Cim's angels to guard Cim if Cim is imprisoned (2-1/15)
+2 from Yaos, Darruth
-1 from Cim
34.03.5: Seal STF only if its members continue to behave aggressively toward other gods (1-0/15)
+1 from Darruth

34.04: Lock away both Cim and Fusil or neither of them (3-4/15)
+3 from Azem, Yaos, Darruth
0 from Cim
-4 from Yaos, Joha, Serac, Taol

34.05: A trial will end after 2 integer ticks (from Tx to Tx+2) with votes tallied based solely on support and opposition. Conflict results in comparing support and opposition. (5-1/15) [PASSED]
+5 from Yaos, Joha, Serac, Kli, Darruth [IMMINENT PASS]
0 from Cim, Taol
-1 from Fusil

34.06: Resolve the trial with a coin flip between Cim and Fusil (1-2/15)
+1 from Varee
0 from Taol
-2 from Darruth, Cim

34.07: Use the Essence of inactive gods for Council projects (1-3/15)
+1 from Serac
-3 from Yaos, Taol, Darruth

34.08: Allow Cim the right to defend itself by any means as long as it can be construed as self-defense (2-2/15)
+2 from Cim, Taol
-2 from Yaos, Darruth

34.10: Seal Fusil in the form of a Breaker Shield (1-1/15)
+1 from Yaos
0 from Cim, Taol
-1 from Darruth

34.11: Seal Cim (2-1/15)
+1 from Yaos, Darruth
0 from Cim
-1 from Taol
34.11.1: Seal Cim for a tick (1-1/15)
+1 from Yaos (cond. not +1 Cim 34.10)
0 from Cim
-1 from Taol

34.12: Execute Fusil and his creations (1-1/14)
+1 from Serac

Fusil v. Yaos

Fusil has accused Yaos for the murder of three (3) gods in direct violation of Code of Conduct section II and proposes a punishment of 3.14 ticks of being sealed away. No evidence has yet been presented.

34.09: Seal Yaos away for (1-2/15)
+1 from Fusil
-3 from Yaos, Darruth, Joha
34.09.3,14: Seal Yaos away for 3.14 ticks (1-1/15)
+1 from Fusil
-2 from Yaos, Joha

Spoiler: Deities (-1*) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (5) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Hunting, Poetry, Luck, and Air

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T36: Verdict
« Reply #2329 on: November 15, 2014, 08:47:55 pm »

Ah, good...now that the imminent threat of Fusil killing Cim is gone, we can move on to deciding what is to be done with Fusil, and what to make both of Cim's information, and of his association with the Void.

We may need to extend Fusil's sentence to properly decide how to contain him if he refuses to listen to reason.

Create another 2000 Seraphim; 300 is too few for a species to propagate.
Send Palatino to observe what is happening on the Mortal plane, particularly with Fusil's followers, now that their god is locked away.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: November 15, 2014, 08:54:03 pm »

Azem likewise sends the Shiny Ones to go see what the mortals have been up to.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: November 15, 2014, 09:20:44 pm »

"Enough is enough! I propose we execute Fusil! He tried to kill Cim twice, threw me into dormancy - WHICH I COULD HAVE DIED FROM! - and he obviously hates any rules that the council makes. The council, I'll remind, is ALL of us. He is just way too dangerous and he'll probably come after some of us again if he gets out."

"I also propose that trials only last a maximum of 1 Tick. I said 2 Ticks before to give people more time to vote but seeing how everything turned out, how Fusil was using his time while he was still free to kill us, I say that 2 Ticks will give the accused god too much time to kill people."

What's the situation with the monsters?

The Emperor, Lette, and Vaal are sent to the DEATH BATTLE Plane. It'll be the Emperor vs Lette and Vaal.

"I would like to publicly thank Darruth for donating Essence to me while I was dormant. Without that I could have died while I was dormant. You saved my life. Thank you."

A Gem Dragon and an Ikaku are asked to go to the DEATH BATTLE Plane to see who would win in a fight.

A celebration is held on Keshan to celebrate the new constellation created by Yaos, especially since that constellation is currently active.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: November 15, 2014, 09:30:27 pm »

"Throwing a festival in honor of yourself constitutes vanity but that doesn't?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: November 15, 2014, 09:42:19 pm »

"This celebration is dedicated to Humanity, not myself. Speaking of which...."

The three generic angels are sent to help the Controller Angels and the Humanos in the fight against the monsters.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: November 15, 2014, 09:45:03 pm »

I oppose killing Fusil. Dangerous and spitefull as he may be, he still would be vital should any major threat arise. Besides, it has been proven that the council can deal with him.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: November 15, 2014, 09:45:46 pm »

Of course. However, I do not believe the death of Fusil would be a good idea, and thus oppose his execution. Instead, I would propose that the Council, with the Aid of Cim, myself, and Yaos, work on a binding geas that will prevent Fusil from pulling any stunts like this in the future. And I do not mean simply words saying what he can and cannot do, but in effect to bar him from doing them through a constant force, if need be.

However, I will propose that his sentence be lengthened to 6 ticks, during which time we can investigate this matter and show him the folly of his ways. If nothing else, it will allow us to build our strength up again in the case that he refuses to listen to reason.

I am sorry to say that I must oppose the shortening of trials. Trials are not only for rogue gods who wish to kill another, but also for those accused of committing lesser wrongs; it would be unfair to deny them the time to plead their case simply because we fear some might abuse it.

Create the Seraph constellation on Keshan, associated with the heavens, mercy, and truth.
Create the Candle constellation on Slytha, associated with heroism, light, and penance.
Create a system for periodic meteor showers on Keshan. Whilst active, associated with divine magic, change, and anger.
Create a system for periodic (very rare) eclipses on Slytha, associated with celestial magic(yes really), secrets, and greatness.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: November 15, 2014, 09:52:43 pm »

"There is hardly any need to lenghten his punishment. That last attack left Fusil in a greatly weakened state. Within three turns, if we don't waste our essense, he will be unable to threaten any god of the council. I oppose"

Check on the monsters.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: November 15, 2014, 09:56:40 pm »

"Are you not the divine personification of Humanity?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: November 15, 2014, 10:07:43 pm »

Instead, I would propose that the Council, with the Aid of Cim, myself, and Yaos, work on a binding geas that will prevent Fusil from pulling any stunts like this in the future. And I do not mean simply words saying what he can and cannot do, but in effect to bar him from doing them through a constant force, if need be.
Support

However, I will propose that his sentence be lengthened to 6 ticks, during which time we can investigate this matter and show him the folly of his ways. If nothing else, it will allow us to build our strength up again in the case that he refuses to listen to reason.
Support

I am sorry to say that I must oppose the shortening of trials. Trials are not only for rogue gods who wish to kill another, but also for those accused of committing lesser wrongs; it would be unfair to deny them the time to plead their case simply because we fear some might abuse it.
"In less than a single Tick, Fusil nearly managed to kill TWO gods. Not one - TWO. Imagine if had two full Ticks to do as he pleased? I say it's likely either Cim or I would've wound up dead. Cim lost 12 Essence in one attack! At the very least can the time of a trial be shortened to 1 Tick for those that attack other gods? That way, gods being charged with lesser crimes will get a fair trial, while keep the safety of other gods in mind."

"Are you not the divine personification of Humanity?"
"Yeah, but I'm more of a patron deity of Humans rather than all Humans themselves. I'm not getting any kicks out of it, I just want my people to be happy for themselves." :)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: November 15, 2014, 10:15:20 pm »

"Maybe I just think it's cheating because I personify a concept."
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 475