Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617040 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T37.5: Termination
« Reply #2505 on: November 17, 2014, 07:15:08 pm »

Azem shakes his head.

"I question your hearing Yaos. Cim specifically said he was releasing the angels to the council."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T37.5: Termination
« Reply #2506 on: November 17, 2014, 07:27:29 pm »

"I question your hearing Yaos. Cim specifically said he was releasing the angels to the council."
((I was very tired at the time. Only last night did I manage to get a good night's sleep. Just look at the stuff I posted. I honestly thought they were gifted to me. I'm not sure how I thought he was giving them to me. I think it might've been because he was acquiescing to something and then I mentally skipped everything else? I don't know. I swear I didn't intentionally try to steal them.))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T37: Plants within plants within plants
« Reply #2507 on: November 17, 2014, 07:46:29 pm »

"I would also like to say here that I'm the one who organised the attack on Fusil's angel, I'm the one who brought most of the firepower used against them, and I'm the one who lost the most in the attack, so I should definitely at keep at least part of the spoils."
You went behind the council's back to launch an attack on a god and his followers and now you want to be rewarded for it by all of us? I don't particularly follow the logic. Not to say I don't understand why you want the angels, especially if you lost the most in the attack. However why would we care about your losses in a battle the council never approved of? I see absolutely no reason why any of us should particularly support you gaining control of the angels. I'm not technically opposed to you getting them. I mean, I certainly don't care to have them. I simply don't get why you believe any of us would feel like we owe it to you to let you have anything. It's no different than if you lost something in any other conflict that the council was uninvolved in. If this were to set any type of precedent, I could just as easily destroy most of your forces with my angels and then say I deserve part of the spoils because I invested the most in crushing you and your followers into the ground. I think you can see how that type of attitude towards the "spoils of war" in these situations could very quickly lead to... undesirable results.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T38: Spoilers
« Reply #2508 on: November 17, 2014, 07:55:34 pm »

Tick 38: Spoilers

Some Void cultists slated for execution in human lands have decided to reveal the locations of some Void mages. It seems that many of these alleged Void mages are really some of the more influential people. Tol continues purging the Inquisition of Void followers, and it seems that most of the remaining Inquisitors are at least responsible enough to continue on their own.

The number of monsters on Keshan has declined to insignificance.

Serac has absorbed the remainder of Fusil's Essence and donated it to the Council. Fusil's body has disappeared.

A guild of enchanters and a guild of artisans have opened a workshop for the production of Lesser Void Detectors. They are about as unreliable as their template but provide decent accuracy.

The Yaosian Paladins have been refilled with new members selected from the best. They are being trained by the remaining current Paladins.

The Keshan ninjas find a bandit camp and join an ongoing party. It seems that their goals and pursuits are mostly compatible, and they proceed to raid a few farms. Trade routes are slightly safer now, but it is difficult to patrol a vast area with only a few troops.

Rani civilization is developing quite well. Contact has been made with the Shadow Ravens.

Azem continues on his journey. They reach a small human village along the way.

Creating a huge explosion on the metal egg seems not to have damaged it at all.

The Seppo have sent a package of incomprehensible scribblings to the human imperial capital in response to being commissioned to create the Hilda War Hammer and the Nomis Spear. The Ikakus who participated in the attack request land and shinies near the human imperial capital.

An adept Enchantment mage notes that STF's weapons seem to be completely mundane. The Strange Knife seems to be both aligned extremely toward Humans and Ambition and extremely against Humans and Ambition, which disturbs the mage.

Lette has stalked a bandit, making sure to appear when least expected. She reasons that killing a bandit causes collateral damage to the bandit's family.

Tykki's body has inexplicably disintegrated. Cim has released control over the bodies of the angels of Fusil to the Council.

(Constellations: 2/3 for Yaos, Other skyfeatures: 1/3 for Darruth)

This update's constellations are the Lance and Lady.

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Mountains, Twilight, Travel, and Magic.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: November 17, 2014, 08:04:56 pm »

Azem stops to rest in the middle of the village. How do the people react to him?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T37: Plants within plants within plants
« Reply #2510 on: November 17, 2014, 08:20:43 pm »

Spoiler: Responses to Grauel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Responses to Update (click to show/hide)

Propose that Proposal 21.00 is dissolved and the members who voted it into being are refunded.

Petition the GM to remove all of Fusil's votes because he's dead.

Petition the GM to have a 'Void' spoiler to document everything learned by the Void Investigation Committee.

A declaration is made that Humans shall be spelt with a capital 'H'. Writing their names with a lower-case 'h' is considered racist. They shall have the same naming conventions as literally every other sapient race. Yaos decrees it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:25:42 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2511 on: November 17, 2014, 08:23:57 pm »

Jeffrey grabs the egg and locks it in the Human Plane.
I already took the egg. Who knows what you would do with it... Destroy its mind if it hatches?
Oppose Yaos stealing the egg.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: November 17, 2014, 08:31:03 pm »

Jeffrey grabs the egg and locks it in the Human Plane.
I already took the egg. Who knows what you would do with it... Destroy its mind if it hatches?
Oppose Yaos stealing the egg.
(God damn it. I just can't keep up with everyone!)
"I was going to scan it for Void, Essence, life, sentience, and magic. I suggest you do the same." ;) "But seriously, why would you think I'd mind destroy it if it hatched? What even is that thing? You should have a Void mage look at it. Maybe ask a Null about it too."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: November 17, 2014, 08:32:07 pm »

Again, I understand your point but I think you missed the part of mine that was most important. My apologies for the possible lack of clarity.

You attacked another god's followers without council permission and are now acting like you deserve the spoils of war after the fight because you invested the most in the fight. While your logic is sensible to a certain degree, I don't think you're considering the implications of the standard this will set. Essentially, if you get to gain off the fight you had with another god's followers, it might encourage other gods to engage in similar fights with other gods followers to gain similar benefits as you are trying to gain.

So if you get to gain from crushing Fusil's angels, someone else might try and gain by crushing your angels or any other god's for that matter. Sure, there might be no intention to kill the actual god but do you really want to consider what implications it could have if certain... power hungry gods started thinking they could gain from stomping other god's angels into the ground.

And no, I don't want to create any laws about not having angel wars... I'm just saying it's wise to consider the implications of your actions. If this is going to be a thing though, there's little stopping others from getting involved as well. Not that I'm actually opposed as I said earlier. I'm simply stating what I foresee as a possible result of this situation.

Double Edit:
(Moving question to OOC)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:36:25 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: November 17, 2014, 08:36:11 pm »

"My hungry friend makes a good point. The sole fact that you three felt the need to go behind the collective back of the Council also upsets me."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2515 on: November 17, 2014, 08:37:57 pm »

Azem: The people seem not to think of you as more than just one of the traders. Some of them do seem interested in your more strangely shaped shinies.

Yaos has proposed to undo Proposal 21.00 and refund the contributors. Yaos has petitioned for votes from Fusil to be erased on account of Fusil's death. This petition has been rendered obsolete by the absence of Fusil's votes in open proposals. Yaos has also petitioned for a Void spoiler to contain all information on the Void. This petition has been temporarily rejected (because the GodManager is about to have a bit of a busy week and cannot take the time to check for access to information). The Void research committee may, however, feel free to self-organize.

Human will additionally be capitalized in the future.

Yaos: The "mages" are indignant at this disturbance. They ask why you would even trust a scheming cultist's testimony.

The Controller Angels have taken to hunting the few monsters that appear for sport.

The Inquisitors report that the Void infiltration problem has mostly been resolved.

The ninjas refuse to give up their new comrades. They instead relocate many bandits into the deep wildreness, but this has the effect of reducing bandit activity along trade routes anyway.

Angela and Nuparhi give Jeffrey a dirty look and Jeffrey shrinks back. It seems they are trying to hatch the egg. The egg cannot seem to leave the Plane of Oceans and Bubbles.

A translator has been brought in to interpret the documentation given by the Seppo. The translator suggests that this may be written in a dialect known only to the Seppo high priests and very few others.

The Armu refuse to give a significant contributor to their creator's death any favors.

Lette has slaughtered many bandits remaining near the main roads. The Bandits' Guild demands compensation for their families, many of whom will starve.

The Emperor is calling for a private meeting with you about his absence.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2516 on: November 17, 2014, 08:41:21 pm »

(God damn it. I just can't keep up with everyone!)
"I was going to scan it for Void, Essence, life, sentience, and magic. I suggest you do the same." ;) "But seriously, why would you think I'd mind destroy it if it hatched? What even is that thing? You should have a Void mage look at it. Maybe ask a Null about it too."
Well, I already did. It is non-magical, and is warm dispute not having a pulse. And I don't have any void mages or null contacts, so I would rather not. Besides, what makes you think it is from the void?

I tried to get the council's help, but I was ignored. So when Yaos contacted me about attacking Fusil directly, I sent two angels to help.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2517 on: November 17, 2014, 08:43:36 pm »

A Slythan Luminee kingdom has been conquered by a powerful queen. She seems to be sacrificing the population to an unknown end.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: November 17, 2014, 08:52:24 pm »

I am of the same opinion as Azem and Grauel. You attacked Fuails angels when their god was incapable of even contacting the council. Was it meant to limit power of your oponent, gain spoils for yourself or prepeare for assassination matters not, as your goal was still nerfarious and you still messed up enough to render Fusil dead. Your arguments would be correct if used against your colaborators, but just as the judge cares not to give out prizes for good work during theft, so does the council sees your points moot.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: November 17, 2014, 08:55:53 pm »

Azem does business with the interested humans. He also asks if any of them would like to join him.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 475