Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616851 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T40: Gloom
« Reply #2670 on: November 20, 2014, 06:24:40 am »

"What about peaceful conversion, or having them obsess over something positive in such a way it lowers their productivity? Not all actions can be seen as positive or negative. Obviously, genocide et al. are off limits, but where exactly are those limits?"
"What's so bad about peaceful conversion?" ??? "If the net result is something negative for the race then it's considered negative."

"How does that have anything to do with anything? Combat training is combat training, regardless of form, and he can change it if necessary. I myself am definitely not above training, if that is available. I'm not sure how much training I can do for my rather non-standard combat style, which very much leans on my opponent being surprised by it, but direct combat is feasible to practise."
"I don't want to die because I got accidentally squished by a dragon." -_-

"That is a big declaration to make. What would happen if I declared that everyone who follows any code of law or lives any sort of orderly lifestyle fell under my sphere?"
(Yaos: Your declaration directly opposes free will and cannot and will not be enforced. Where souls go depends on who they serve.)
(The declaration didn't mean that they'd all be damned if they didn't worship me, it's just supposed to mean that as they decide not to worship me they do not benefit from my god powers. Pretty much as it's always been, except now it's publicly announced. How else should I have worded it? I tend to word things badly.)

The Dwarves are furious at the loss of one of their priceless weapons! Their more militant smiths have desecrated a temple of Yaos! The scientists examine the weapon and find that it is masterfully crafted and decorated. They are loathe to nick even a small portion for analysis.
Can they at least tell me what it is and what it does? (I don't even know what kind of weapon it is. A sword? A spear? A gun? Other? All I know is that it's a weapon.) Wait, the dwarves had a temple of me? Why would they have a temple of me? I thought they hated me for the whole INCEPTION thing I did a while back?

Yaos spars with a Paladin at the Death Battle Plane, guarded by Minos and Lette. The Paladin is fearful of being smote for winning.
"Silly Paladin! I'm the god of Humans and Ambition, not Pettiness!" ;D "I fully expect you to win in a fight against me. Don't worry about it." :) "Just make sure you don't injure me or kill me, but that should be easy considering all the armour I'm wearing." ;) "But please, I need to learn how to fight, so don't be afraid to go hard on me."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [12+/999 players] IC: T40.5: Degradation
« Reply #2671 on: November 20, 2014, 06:28:49 am »

Yaos:
Dwarf incidents: It was Urist McFirebeard at the Human town temple with a bucket.

The scientists report that it is a masterfully crafted axe of an unknown metal decorated with many gems. It seems not to radiate anything out of the ordinary but is a fine-looking weapon nonetheless.

The Paladin still seems somewhat worried but fights harder.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: November 20, 2014, 06:40:14 am »

"Are you calling all dragons big clumsy oafs? Besides, the form of a Mountwyrm would do just fine. Probably give me more mobility."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T40: Gloom
« Reply #2673 on: November 20, 2014, 06:43:08 am »

"What's so bad about peaceful conversion?" ??? "If the net result is something negative for the race then it's considered negative."
"Nothing is bad about it. However it could be seen as negative by the person who originally created the mortals, if the god doing so is cross-aligned. But now I understand that you indeed mean negative for the mortals, which is what I wanted to know. Your proposal can have my support."

"I don't want to die because I got accidentally squished by a dragon." -_-
"I doubt you want be purposefully squished by a dragon either. I would recommend the practice, but it really is your choice. Do as you will."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: November 20, 2014, 06:46:02 am »

"I hope your plane is nicely decorated Yaos."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: November 20, 2014, 07:00:58 am »

"Are you calling all dragons big clumsy oafs? Besides, the form of a Mountwyrm would do just fine. Probably give me more mobility."
"I don't want to accidentally hurt you and owe you more Essence. At this point in my training, I think that's likely."

"I hope your plane is nicely decorated Yaos."
???
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T40.5: Degradation
« Reply #2676 on: November 20, 2014, 07:08:37 am »

Philosopher: "I hope to find Balance in everything I do. No more, no less."
Pilgrim: "I was unsatisfied with my life. There was too much of some and too little of others, so I turned to you, the first other god I have found who respects worshippers not for their usefulness but for their individual worth."
Monk: "Then I shall continue. May you reveal the path to that perfection."
"Then it shall be so, Philosopher." Kli blesses the Philosopher to gain a deeper knowledge and wisdom of Balance (on a level higher than any mortal), as well as a greater affinity for Universal magic. He also enchants in him such a way that the Philosopher gains the abilities and improvements of an angel, technically making him an individual angel of Balance with free will. "I have granted you the ability to forge your own path of Balance, therefore it is your gift as well as your challenge to seek Balance in anything you attempt with this power, from the smallest act to the greatest feat. I wish you well in your endeavours in whatever feats you would seek to achieve, whether small or great. I also hope that when the time a great tragedy truly arises, I may be able to seek you and help you in preventing the loss of life and preserving Balance." With that, Kli teleports the Philosopher to the entrance of the labyrinth, and watches to see his next actions.
To the Pilgrim: "Hmm. I understand. The other gods are often busy with divine politics and other undertakings that they sometimes forget that worshippers are individuals with equally important worries and hopes. What do you seek here?"
"Very well." The next cavern of trials for the Monk appears. It is filled with many crystals, each either a brilliant red, a pale blue, a verdant green, or a dark purple. In the center of the cavern, a staircase leading deeper into the labyrinth is blocked by an impenetrable glass pane. There are several holes surrounding the staircase. "Each crystal responds to a memory and emotion. Each hole responds to any crystal. The sequence of crystals that most accurately define yourself lets you proceed..

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: November 20, 2014, 07:43:28 am »

Azem trains in the DBP with the Shiny Ones.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2678 on: November 20, 2014, 02:48:54 pm »

All of Cim's temples have collapsed, with the rubble reading "GOD OF LIES" in the local writing system.

Kli:
(Kli: -5E)
The Philosopher is grateful and curious. He randomly teleports all over his current world, watching many assorted people as they go about their lives.
The Pilgrim seems to be here for the thrill of the challenge and to demonstrate dedication.
The Monk observes the crystals and thinks. She touches a brilliant red crystal.

Azem: You train in the DBP with the Shiny Ones. It is exhausting but quite satisfying, and they seem to have improved in dance-based combat.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:52:26 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: November 20, 2014, 03:00:52 pm »

Azem: You train in the DBP with the Shiny Ones. It is exhausting but quite satisfying, and they seem to have improved in dance-based combat.

(Dance Battle Plane?)

All of Cim's temples have collapsed, with the rubble reading "GOD OF LIES" in the local writing system.

(The real question is, is that the signature of the culprit or an insult to Cim? I wonder who the God of Lies could be, if that is the case *Innocent whistling*)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: November 20, 2014, 03:23:06 pm »

"Anyone feeling generous enough to help me out with testing my prototype archangel? My forces do not include anything that would pose an suficient chalenge."
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: November 20, 2014, 03:26:18 pm »

"Depending on what my investigation on this...curious happening ends up with, I might be able to help you by you helping me."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: November 20, 2014, 03:35:06 pm »

"A fight in Death battle plane would be preffered. The archangel is still very unfinished, I'd hate to lose it."

Yes to 40.00
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:42:50 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: November 20, 2014, 03:39:27 pm »

Check upon the rakshas progress.
Spoiler: Voting (click to show/hide)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: November 20, 2014, 04:03:39 pm »

"A fight in Death battle plane would be preffered. The archangel is still very unfinished, I'd hate to lose it."
An offer of DEATH BATTLE is offered with his archangel and Lette being the combatants. Everyone else is evacuated from the DBP.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 475