Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615143 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T43.5: Return to sender
« Reply #3015 on: November 23, 2014, 04:01:44 pm »

"Yaos, it was you. Why else would you have died when I revealed myself? You should at least fess up to it, it is fairly obvious what had happened."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: November 23, 2014, 04:03:06 pm »

"Yaos, it was you. Why else would you have died when I revealed myself? You should at least fess up to it, it is fairly obvious what had happened."
I can think of almost literally any number of reasons.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: November 23, 2014, 04:03:35 pm »

I can think of almost literally any number of reasons.

"Name one."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: November 23, 2014, 04:06:04 pm »

You made a deal with the void, so that the plan was for them to kill Yaos when you made your grand reveal, thus enabling you to blame him and claim he got involved with the void, keeping both party's hands from getting too dirty.

Mind you, this is as much conjecture and theory as your own claims, nor do I actually believe it. But you did ask what other reasons there could be.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: November 23, 2014, 04:07:01 pm »

"it is fairly obvious what had happened."
"It would be a great aid for the investigation if you'd explain what your obvious solution is. Really, do tell, I'm interested."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: November 23, 2014, 04:09:49 pm »

You made a deal with the void, so that the plan was for them to kill Yaos when you made your grand reveal, thus enabling you to blame him and claim he got involved with the void, keeping both party's hands from getting too dirty.

Mind you, this is as much conjecture and theory as your own claims, nor do I actually believe it. But you did ask what other reasons there could be.

"Your ignorance shows its head once again, Durrath. Now think about the implications of this. If that was true, I could without spending any essence, kill nearly any god. And for some reason I chose Yaos instead of Cim?

The Void have no influence that we as gods do not give them. So long as we to not grant them any, they have no power over us. The Void can not hurt us directly like that, they must use servants or other gods. That reason is impossible, a reason that can't be."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: November 23, 2014, 04:11:17 pm »

"Is that even possible to do? A sphere is (or should be) a God's primal nature, immutable by definition."

((KJP hasn't greenlit the idea in the OOC thread yet. I'd wait until its viability is made clear.))
I think Azem would have to agree to it actually. Getting the idea out there probably wouldn't hurt though. I really think Greed fits him less than Wealth. He just doesn't act greedy.

Examples. His followers are greedy but he himself gives out shinies rather than hoarding them. He told his followers to relinquish part of their monopolies to gives humans more of a chance to get a foothold. He's given essence to Yaos and helped Yaos at his own expense while gaining nothing but friendship. Essentially he's more like a rich doting grandfather than the greedy old miser that most would consider associated with Greed.

@Yaos
I still think attacking cities should be fair game since it was an important aspect of our war that never happened (aka destroying cities was literally part of the war game mechanics and necessary for victory).

That said, I attacked your angels, so attacking mine would seem to be a sensible form of retribution. That of course assumes you think you're capable of launching an attack on them in the Hunger Plane. I guess you could try and ambush them or the Lords of Hunger whenever you find them in the mortal plane.

I probably wouldn't care too much unless my Dragon or the Devourer died and I don't think you're really capable of taking them on anyway. Just don't get too excessive unless you want a counterattack to happen. I technically only killed one angel.

Edit: Fixed font color
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:15:46 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3022 on: November 23, 2014, 04:13:43 pm »

Speaking of the void... Fusil, is there a reason that book got lost?

And there was a jelly roll that injured Cim, could you explain that if it was not the void?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: November 23, 2014, 04:25:00 pm »

Essentially he's more like a rich doting grandfather than the greedy old miser that most would consider associated with Greed.
"Well he is the Goldfather......"

That said, I attacked your angels, so attacking mine would seem to be a sensible form of retribution.

Just don't get too excessive unless you want a counterattack to happen. I technically only killed one angel.

"You killed two regular angels, one Psymental angel, thirty-four or so Paladins, and hundreds of thousands of Humans. I think I'm entitled to kill a maximum of four regular angels or three regular angels plus all your Lords of Hunger. I'm not saying they get put up for execution, I'm just saying that if my guys manage to kill them you're not allowed to seek retribution. Is that all right?"
"Alternatively, you can help me with a five Essence project."

I still think attacking cities should be fair game since it was an important aspect of our war that never happened (aka destroying cities was literally part of the war game mechanics and necessary for victory).
(No no no. Capturing cities was part of the war game mechanics. Destroying cities was possible but not necessary.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: November 23, 2014, 04:49:07 pm »

"Your ignorance shows its head once again, Durrath. Now think about the implications of this. If that was true, I could without spending any essence, kill nearly any god. And for some reason I chose Yaos instead of Cim?

The Void have no influence that we as gods do not give them. So long as we to not grant them any, they have no power over us. The Void can not hurt us directly like that, they must use servants or other gods. That reason is impossible, a reason that can't be."

And what reason have we to believe you?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: November 23, 2014, 04:51:19 pm »

Yeah and the Goldfather is not at all greedy.

So that's what regulars meant. I guess I really only noticed the named one's death.

Anyway go ahead. The Lords of Hunger won't drop easily though. I'm pretty sure they're tougher than regular Angels. They cost me more if I recall correctly.

I'm not saying I'm not allowed to seek retribution but the odds of me caring enough to do so are pretty slim if you just attacked a couple angels. I'd consider us more or less on even terms and wouldn't see any particular reason to escalate things more.

(Capturing them involved laying siege which reduced city size and population over time. Effectively it would have eventually had a similar effect if I ever had to siege the Human Capital with Gruen forces. It just would have taken a lot longer.)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: November 23, 2014, 05:09:11 pm »

Speaking of the void... Fusil, is there a reason that book got lost?

And there was a jelly roll that injured Cim, could you explain that if it was not the void?

"Your fist sentence makes little since. The books get lost for an unknown reason, which is to be expected when I have mortal servants do the work for me. It is possible that we may "redo" the library's stash with essence, like how they got here in the first place, now that it has a suitable guardian.

In any case, now that I had the idea it is probably a good one to go with. I propose that we refill the Library's stolen stock of books on the void, using the same tactic that filled the library in the first place.

As for the Jellyrolls, I have no clue how to explain that. Why would I? I was in prison at the time, in any case. I don't think someone who knew what was going on could explain it, let alone me."

And what reason have we to believe you?

"Because it is the only thing possible under the circumstances? I know more about the void then you, Durrath, and more in general. These are fundamental rules. If this was the case, as you had outlined it, then I would have the power to slaughter the rest of the council without a threat of retribution. If I was willing to make such deals, why would I sit here and take your insults?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: November 23, 2014, 05:22:51 pm »

Simple. Because the Void has to agree to. And with the number of assassination attempts on Cim's life, made by, as far as can be told, Void attackers, in addition to Jeffrey becoming an agent of these Jelly Rolls, and the Angel-Emperor of Mankind being replaced...well, it's rather strange how all your enemies are being attacked by the Void, yet you returned to life from nowhere, isn't it?

And, of course, should I die following these statements by way of a Void assailant, I can tell you that it will be, in all likelihood, proof of your hypocrisy and guilt.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: November 23, 2014, 05:28:56 pm »

Agree to refiling the library.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: November 23, 2014, 05:35:44 pm »

Simple. Because the Void has to agree to. And with the number of assassination attempts on Cim's life, made by, as far as can be told, Void attackers, in addition to Jeffrey becoming an agent of these Jelly Rolls, and the Angel-Emperor of Mankind being replaced...well, it's rather strange how all your enemies are being attacked by the Void, yet you returned to life from nowhere, isn't it?

And, of course, should I die following these statements by way of a Void assailant, I can tell you that it will be, in all likelihood, proof of your hypocrisy and guilt.

"They are not aiming for my enemies, they are aiming for Yaos's friends. From what we know, he broke a deal with them before he made the deal to kill me. It is likely that the attacks where punishment for that. They did not hide that an Agent was coming, even giving us the time. Yet we didn't see any obvious retribution, aside from the attacks. Notice how Yaos has not even accused me of the energy drain yet, dodging all my questions on it."

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 475