Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616592 times)

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T45: Development
« Reply #3210 on: November 26, 2014, 10:57:10 am »

I raise my hand.

So, some stone men are rampaging around on... Keshan, isn't it? They're claiming loyalty to Yaos, although completely ignoring everything he's saying.

Yaos, are you sure you aren't going off the deep end?
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: November 26, 2014, 11:58:24 am »

Quick version:
Some strange stone wariors apeared out of semingly nowhere and razed three towns. They did three things I absolutely hate, namely 1)Raze large ammount af structures for no reason at all, 2)Destroyed a great number of Golems and 3)They look like caricatures of Golems, and therefore may damage reputation of Golems among mortals. To express my hate for all they are and represent I deployed archangel armed with a nuke on a stick. Yaos is involved to an undiscernable degree with all of this, and I am having a hard dime deciding wether I shoul pity or smite him. First nuke was deployed, desroying great number of stone soldiers and damaging my archangel. When I find out how many Stone soldiers remain in their army, I may deploy more and larger nukes. It was found out that all Stone soldiers are streaming from Human capital. Void is probably involved in all of this.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: November 26, 2014, 12:48:28 pm »

Darruth rolls his eyes at Fusil's cocky display(pun intended. :D), but raises his hand.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3213 on: November 26, 2014, 01:10:52 pm »

"I'm going to need as many living gods to explain to me the situation."
Well hello! Right now, an army of stoNe meN is rampaging through one of the worlds, razing everything in their path. The are being created by Nothing in the Human Capital, and claim to follow Yaos' every order but ignore most of what he says. Yaos is probably void possesed and creating things without knowing... or knowing but unable to do anything about it.

And I opened a bakery on an island turtle in the same world, and made some fancy trees.

Propose we build a galaxy-sized space battleship with a WMG and a humanoid form that the gods can use to enter the Void and destroy the Nulls within it.
I counter your proposal by proposing you explain your void dealings or we will turn you into a rowboat and send you to fight them yourself. What exactly did you promise them?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: November 26, 2014, 02:46:34 pm »

"What if they are obeying Yaos, but simply not following his "Fake, Open" orders? If he ordered them to raze everything, then 'not listen to my false orders', he would be able to tell them anything he wanted openly, while they continue to follow their true orders he gave in secret?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: November 26, 2014, 02:49:46 pm »

"What if they are obeying Yaos, but simply not following his "Fake, Open" orders? If he ordered them to raze everything, then 'not listen to my false orders', he would be able to tell them anything he wanted openly, while they continue to follow their true orders he gave in secret?"

I am *this* close to actualy believing this.  But it lacks your assassination to be real, Yaos wouldn't deal with the void on such scale without removing you first.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: November 26, 2014, 02:51:17 pm »

Or, of course, literally any other god could have told them to act as though they worshipped Yaos, but not to cease their activities if he told them to. It's a case of Wine In Front Of Me, and there is no obvious answer.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3217 on: November 26, 2014, 02:56:17 pm »

As with all WIFOM situations, the answer could always be that both of the options are right regardless of how much mutual contradiction there would be..

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: November 26, 2014, 03:03:40 pm »

"About what the GodManager just pointed out: when I asked the Null if any of them is responsible for this, and whether they include the Umbrals in 'any of them', the response was both yes and no to both questions. I asked for clarification, but none has been given so far. This is interesting, but not very helpful."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: November 26, 2014, 03:24:37 pm »

"I now have an answer from the Null. Apparently in the broken spacetime of the Void simultaneity is meaningless, thus two condradicting statements can both be true and false at the same time and the other veracity as well. With our somewhat linear spacetime, reality must collapse into something, and apparently chance chose Yaos to be the one to have created the stoNe meN. Thus, she both did and didn't, in the way that some other being did and didn't do it and reality fixed the causation to have Yaos do it, but that required her to be alive, thus reviving her."

"This is, of course, only an educated guess and/or a crazy ramble, so I may be completely wrong (but possibly also right, withstanding or not)."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: November 26, 2014, 03:34:59 pm »

...Of course it is.

Because if anything was actually easy, I might manage to accomplish something.

Bloody hells...

If the Mountwyrms aren't taking the commission for armor-crafting(and yes the church is paying them), offer it to the dwarves instead.

Propagate Seraphim as much as I can for 3 Essence(aka 20,000, or a bit more if I would be able to with that 3 Essence)

Continue spreading word of Good
Listen for any prayers directed to me
Send Templars, once they've been outfitted, to assist in fighting the tide of stoNe meN.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: November 26, 2014, 03:38:58 pm »

"....So your saying we should destroy Yaos to fix everything."

Gift the Ice Titans much stronger resistence against the sun and send them even farther south to defend from stoNe meN.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:41:13 pm by Ama »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: November 26, 2014, 03:40:36 pm »

"....So your saying we should destroy Yaos to fix everything.

"I think it is worth a try..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: November 26, 2014, 03:43:23 pm »

Azem listens to the prayers of his followers.

"Nothing is ever simple Goodness. Nothing worth doing anyway."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: November 26, 2014, 03:51:44 pm »

Yaos, are you sure you aren't going off the deep end?
"Ambition's my new primary sphere. Still getting used to it. Other form's also a bit more emotionally unrestrained. I'll get rid of most of these proposals but I'll be honest - I think I'm on to something with my fusion idea."

Withdraw proposal that we remove the Void from [non]-existence.

Withdraw proposal to we build a galaxy-sized space battleship with a WMG and a humanoid form that the gods can use to enter the Void and destroy the Nulls within it.

Withdraw proposal that all the gods fuse into a singular "God" and use the supremely ultimate power of the fusion to utterly annihilate the Void.

"By the way, I'm not arguing that I'm not intentionally involved in this any more because I am - I still claim that I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. I'm just tired of repeating myself over and over. Since most arguments are won by the loudest person this may be detrimental but really, I'm not sacrificing my pride for that."

"chance chose Yaos to be the one to have created the stoNe meN. Thus, she both did and didn't, in the way that some other being did and didn't do it and reality fixed the causation to have Yaos do it, but that required her to be alive, thus reviving her."
"So the only reason they claim to listen to me and aren't attacking Humans is by chance? And that Serac, for example, is mathematically just as responsible for this as me? Wait. If it was chance that did it and even dead gods are considered candidates, then couldn't another dead god have been brought back to life instead of me? Valkiss or Kujin for example?"

"I think it is worth a try..."
"This is the part where I'd argue and maybe perhaps even make a few threats, but honestly, I've thought about that option before. I'm currently doing some experiments in the background which may help in getting back my old sphere. My current bottleneck is my pitifully low amount of Essence. If nothing works, I'm probably going to have Azem kill me in a very specific manner and then revive me. I just ask for patience."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 475