Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616708 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T45: Development
« Reply #3360 on: November 28, 2014, 12:21:46 am »

"At first I thought that maybe we can learn something from the Void, maybe that it really wasn't so bad as we'd thought. Then the Stone Warriors appeared and then genocides and city-razing happened.
"Are you not at all curious as to why they are iNcuRsiNG us?"

"We can't risk anything like that happening again."
"Exactly. We can't just ignore them when some of them want to destroy us. With as much internal conflict as they have, we could take advantage of the Enemy Mine situation."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: November 28, 2014, 12:25:53 am »

"Are you not at all curious as to why they are iNcuRsiNG us?"

"Not to the point it is worth sacrificing everything for. There are ways we may find out without risking all of existence."

"Exactly. We can't just ignore them when some of them want to destroy us. With as much internal conflict as they have, we could take advantage of the Enemy Mine situation."

"No, we should push them all out of the bubble. They are all the same. Inviting a war between them here would only lead to the destruction of our universe, no matter who or what wins. None of them have a good end goal, by submitting to their will our perfect worlds existence would be completely destroyed!"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: November 28, 2014, 12:32:40 am »

Azem puts in an order with the Dwarves for a personal suit of dragon armor.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: November 28, 2014, 12:35:09 am »

"Ignoring it is best, just ignoring it."
"They certainly aren't ignoring us."

Propose that we close and lock all communications with Void beings.
Oppose.

"There are ways we may find out without risking all of existence."
"I'm all ears, do tell. If you're going to say 'books', show me a book specifically on stoNe maN iNcuRsioNs and I'll believe you."

"No, we should push them all out of the bubble. They are all the same. Inviting a war between them here would only lead to the destruction of our universe, no matter who or what wins. None of them have a good end goal, by submitting to their will our perfect worlds existence would be completely destroyed!"
"First, they aren't all the same. Second, we wouldn't need to invite them in. We could have them fight on another front while we keep ours. By knowing what our [sarcasm]sweet, sweet brothers in arms[/sarcasm] are up to, we could act accordingly."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: November 28, 2014, 12:43:37 am »

Azem puts in an order with the Dwarves for a personal suit of dragon armor.
(I knew I was forgetting something! Thanks for the reminder.)

Yaos puts in an order with the Dwarves for a personal suit of Imperial-styled armour and a longsword.

Next, Yaos finds some Yaos-worshippers among the Dwarves to join the Institute of Yaosian Scientists in the Empire after being scanned with the VDD. With the new influx in thinkers, inventors, and alchemists, the IYS is reformed into the Imperial Yaosian Academy of the Sciences - an official departmental branch of the Empire of Mankind dedicated to the advancement of the sciences.

Carmine bless this venture!

EDIT: Yaos reorganises the Paladins. From now on, for every nine Paladins there will be one Paladin Captain. The most devoted, powerful, and leader-like Paladins will be chosen to be captains. The most devoted, powerful, and leader-like of the captains is chosen to be the Captain-General and has authority over the other captains.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 12:54:41 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: November 28, 2014, 12:51:49 am »

"They certainly aren't ignoring us."

"You and I both know that if their attention was truly to us, we would see much worse then Stone Soldiers."

"I'm all ears, do tell. If you're going to say 'books', show me a book specifically on stoNe maN iNcuRsioNs and I'll believe you."

"Actually, I happen to have a book on the Stone Soldiers. I will have a copy delivered to you as soon as possible."

"First, they aren't all the same. Second, we wouldn't need to invite them in. We could have them fight on another front while we keep ours. By knowing what our [sarcasm]sweet, sweet brothers in arms[/sarcasm] are up to, we could act accordingly."

"Their end goal is our destruction, whether they bring it about by heat death or jelly rolls is irrelevant. If they hate each other so much, they are likely already fighting on their own fronts without our prodding. If not, then our prodding will only cause trouble anyway."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3366 on: November 28, 2014, 12:55:30 am »

Could you summarize said book then? I'm sure it would be helpful.

Why do you like withholding information so much Fusil?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: November 28, 2014, 12:59:54 am »

Could you summarize said book then? I'm sure it would be helpful.

Why do you like withholding information so much Fusil?

"Because I can't trust all of you. If I can't trust one person on the council, I will avoid shouting information to the council. I have yet to read it, but I have found a book that should explain everything."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: November 28, 2014, 01:09:07 am »

"God of Weapons, as long as you continue to act as if you are the only power in this bubble that matters, you are among the gods I cannot trust."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: November 28, 2014, 01:49:33 am »

"I wonder if some rivalry can benefit your IYS, Yaos."

I would like to create the Northern University of Knowledgeable Enlightened  (NUKE), an organization of scientists and artists that follower me to rival the IYS.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: November 28, 2014, 02:17:14 am »

"Actually it's the IYAS, but I'd prefer if you created that university in Slytha. I don't have a foothold there so it would be more difficult to set up the IYAS there but you have no foothold on either planet so it should be just as easy for you." :) "Besides, competition isn't that good for the scientific world. All it does is lead to faulty surveys and stuff like that."

(If NUKE is still going to operate in Keshan, I demand that the IYAS be better by default, considering it has an established foothold in the scientific world with the Scientists, as well as the fact that it has an entire Empire backing it.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: November 28, 2014, 02:40:08 am »

"Hm. I think a university of business and lawmancy would be a good idea."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: November 28, 2014, 02:57:20 am »

"I won't stop you from creating such an university, Azem, but I'd like to make it clear that I don't officially endorse lawmancy."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: November 28, 2014, 03:54:53 am »

"I don't know why, but the idea that a god of Law doesn't like lawmancy irritates me. Weird."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T48: Icarus
« Reply #3374 on: November 28, 2014, 04:00:08 am »

Tick 47: Icarus

Serac has been freed by default even after a slight unplanned extension to the trial.

Yaos has inexplicably committed suicide and been revived by Azem and now has a sphere assortment of Coasts and Humans.
(5/2E is not an error. You cannot gain Essence beyond the cap, but you can spend the surplus if you want. This is a special case unlikely to happen with Void deal payouts at or near the cap for future reference.)

Carmine has attempted to greet the stoNe meN in many languages, but nothing works. The people around the temple seem to know only that they are useful servants that never complain.

Khaziraad and Serac have tested a proposed illusion for convincing the stoNe meN that everything is Human. It works on their test subjects. Following this success, Serac, Darruth, Neron,

Darruth has (informally?) suggested that Yaos, Neron, Serac, Azem, and possibly Joha collaborate to produce merfolk, which should be very close to free. Darruth, Serac, and Joha have currently agreed on this. It has also (informally?) suggested that Carmine, Cim, and possibly The Light create a race of philosophically inclined beings with an affinity for justice and order. Cim and The Light have supported this in addition to the implicitly guaranteed Darruth.

Yaos' angels have collapsed a great temple to Yaos and sent it into the sun (which is perhaps counterintuitively harder than simply flinging it off into deep space). They have also incinerated the former plot of land on which the temple was located. The spawning of stoNe waRRioRs seems to have finally stopped. A sterile copy of the temple before destruction has appeared in Khaziraad's dimension.

Yaos' forces continue destroying the stoNe soldieRs. While it is easy because of their passiveness to Humans, they seem to be practically innumerable.

Joha: Mgaareecaalwahiisnshyzhrshui: "I cannot say I know what is happening. Similar things have happened before, but we have never been responsible."

Yaos returns to the DBP with Lee to train in dance battling with Rubin. The Emperor appears to be sitting on a seat watching the fight and looks very sad. The rest of Yaos' angels deal with the stoNe waRRioRs save Tory, who tours various temples searching for corruption.

The Dwarves have produced a glittering suit of personal armor for Azem. It seems rather impractical except for dazzling enemies and bribing them. They have also produced a suit of shiny Imperial-styled armor and a jeweled longsword for Yaos. It, too, seems impractical.

Some Yaos-worshipping Dwarves have signed up for the Imperial Yaosian Academy of the Sciences. Regrettably, a significant portion of the more competent ones have significant Void influence however crime-free and normal they would seem at a first glance and have been turned away on this basis. Yaos has also reorganized the Paladins.

Neron has created the Northern University of Knowledgeable Enlightened to promote some competition with the Yaosian Academy. It focuses on art significantly in addition to the sciences, possibly making it the first true university.

(Yaos: Demand rejected to the letter but accepted in spirit. I cannot favor any player above another regardless of past fortune or misfortune. The IYS does indeed have more history and probably more resources, but countless other factors contribute to the admittedly very fuzzy concept of a better school. Also, demand in this context has a (slightly?) negative connotation in English in case the verb choice came from French or somewhere similar.)

(Joha: -1E, Yaos: +0E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

This update's constellations are the Dragon and Candle.

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (7) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

`
New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Salt, Victory, Fire, and Luck.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 04:29:10 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 475