Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616805 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T49: Encore
« Reply #3450 on: November 29, 2014, 01:56:49 am »

You are created by gods, to serve gods. You are, by your very nature, Divine, which is what defines 'religion' in this world. Attempting to separate the Gods from everyday life is rather pointless in the first place, given we are quite evidently here and hold near-absolute power over the world in comparison to a mortal, but if you were to try, which is what Secularism would be, it would by necessity exclude angels, given they are beings of a divine nature.

And no, that is not what racism is; it is quite evident, that, say, the Armu are almost always better weaponsmiths than Humans. It's simply a fact. Racism is the preconceived judgement of an individual based solely on their race, rather than on the quality of their individual character, as individuals can depart from the tendencies of their race.

Finally, you have a flaw in your logic, on several accounts. I am saying that if a being that was assisted in their rise to power by a divine entity, or a being designed primarily to advance the agenda of a specific divine entity, is a ruler? Then it is no longer a secular government. Additionally, that has nothing to do with religious freedom. Simply because the ruler gives praise to Azem, that does not mean their subjects could not worship Fusil. The important part here is that they serve the people, not the god, first, in order for it to be considered secular.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: November 29, 2014, 02:14:11 am »

"Another tick, another Yaos death... Beyond that, nothing seems to have happened while I was meditating."

Queue action: Cim helps create the Justiciars once everyone has agreed and the idea is properly fleshed out.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: November 29, 2014, 02:27:55 am »

You are created by gods, to serve gods. You are, by your very nature, Divine, which is what defines 'religion' in this world. Attempting to separate the Gods from everyday life is rather pointless in the first place, given we are quite evidently here and hold near-absolute power over the world in comparison to a mortal, but if you were to try, which is what Secularism would be, it would by necessity exclude angels, given they are beings of a divine nature.
"I am created by a god, yes. I was created to serve a god, yes. I also have free will, and can choose not to serve said god. Moreover, I will simply say that I am what I am, and that 'angel' is the closest label that fits what I am."
"We are not divine by nature. Only gods are divine by nature. At the very least, I and the other angels created by Yaos are not. We are no more divine than the Humans he propagated. We are no more divine than the Mumans or the Paladins. We would not be any more divine if we had the Cosmic attunement, which as the GM states is not god magic, but god-imitation magic. Angels created by Yaos are winged, immortal Humans. To say we are divine is to graft a pair of wings onto a Human, have him blessed by Joha, and call him a god. Please do not say what we are or what we are not. WE know what we are."

And no, that is not what racism is; it is quite evident, that, say, the Armu are almost always better weaponsmiths than Humans. It's simply a fact. Racism is the preconceived judgement of an individual based solely on their race, rather than on the quality of their individual character, as individuals can depart from the tendencies of their race.
"That's not what I said. I just said we were being treated as non-sapient slaves rather than sapient, free-willed individuals. We are being judged to be unfit to rule kingdoms based simply on the fact that we are angels. We are simply a branch of Humans, like the Mumans, yet we apparently must play by different rules and are not entitled to equal rights. It is wrong."

Finally, you have a flaw in your logic, on several accounts. I am saying that if a being that was assisted in their rise to power by a divine entity, or a being designed primarily to advance the agenda of a specific divine entity, is a ruler? Then it is no longer a secular government. Additionally, that has nothing to do with religious freedom. Simply because the ruler gives praise to Azem, that does not mean their subjects could not worship Fusil. The important part here is that they serve the people, not the god, first, in order for it to be considered secular.
"You make a better point here, but I must also rebuke you. There are more angles here than whether or not a ruler's agenda is for his people or for his god. If a ruler were to rule a kingdom and exploit it to no end for his own pleasure, is he not secular? He's not working for his people, but he's not working for a god either. If he ruled in the name of another Human, would he not still be a secular ruler? He is ruling for neither himself nor his people but he is not working for a god yet he is still secular."

"I should not even have to argue about secularity. I rule the Empire. The Council of Angels rules the Empire. The Council of Humans rules the Empire. As head of state of the Empire of Mankind, I declare that the Empire will not be annexed, controlled, or split up by any gods without our consent. Glory to the Empire! Hail Humanity!"

"Hey Darruth, you're god of Protection, right? We need protection from Fusil and his angels. We're being unjustly persecuted by him for no good reason."

Yaosian angels are officially considered a full race on their own. They must now all be spelt with a capital 'A' or else it is racist and demeaning. They may still be called Yaosian Angels because it was Yaos that created them.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:34:52 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: November 29, 2014, 02:32:46 am »

The easyest way to protect you from prosecution by Fusil and most future threats would be to tie and gag certain one of you up. The sad part is that this would had largely also aplied to Yaos.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: November 29, 2014, 02:37:47 am »

@Yaos Angels
Let's not get into too many arguments with others while we're engaged in our pact. I don't want my job of protecting you until the pact's completion to be any more difficult than it has to be if you antagonize someone.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: November 29, 2014, 02:47:40 am »

"I think we all agree killing the angels is a drastic step worthy of the god of arrogance."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3456 on: November 29, 2014, 02:55:19 am »

(Less IC GM mentioning, more actual discussion please. That kind of thing is only amusing the first time or two and gets old very fast.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: November 29, 2014, 02:57:47 am »

(I'd always imagined the idea of 'God Master' as canonical. Apologies.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3458 on: November 29, 2014, 03:00:24 am »

(Accepted; continue.)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: November 29, 2014, 03:09:20 am »

Azem sighs and glares menacingly at the Yaosian Angels.

"I do believe that's quite enough. All this talking does is anger gods."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: November 29, 2014, 03:32:57 am »

Azem sighs and glares menacingly at the Yaosian Angels.

"I do believe that's quite enough. All this talking does is anger gods."
"As you say."

((Note, these following actions aren't a 'do - don't say' kind of response to what Azem said, they're separate actions that I'd been planning to do anyway.))
Spoiler: Imperial Stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fluff (click to show/hide)

Are there any prayers directed at my angels?

EDIT:
Spoiler: Entirely Off-Topic (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:43:14 am by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: November 29, 2014, 03:58:34 am »

Spoiler: Angel Fluff (click to show/hide)

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: November 29, 2014, 08:59:46 am »

"Im willing to help in the creation of the merfolk, Goodness."

"Can we please mute these godless angels."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: November 29, 2014, 09:49:16 am »

Support 47.00, Oppose 47.01
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: November 29, 2014, 02:48:46 pm »

"I am created by a god, yes. I was created to serve a god, yes. I also have free will, and can choose not to serve said god. Moreover, I will simply say that I am what I am, and that 'angel' is the closest label that fits what I am."

"It doesn't matter. If a mortal priest takes over an empire in the name of his god, who is commanding him to do so, the empire is not secular. It isn't the fact that you are 'forced' to serve Yaos that makes the empire under you not secular, it is the fact that you do so. So long as you act as his servant, the empire is not secular."

"That's not what I said. I just said we were being treated as non-sapient slaves rather than sapient, free-willed individuals. We are being judged to be unfit to rule kingdoms based simply on the fact that we are angels. We are simply a branch of Humans, like the Mumans, yet we apparently must play by different rules and are not entitled to equal rights. It is wrong."

"As I just said, if a mortal like Malik is chosen to lead the kingdom as a priest, the government is still a theocracy lead indirectly by a god. It isn't the fact that you are an Angel that makes you unfit, but the fact that you are Yaos's servant. Also, arguing with gods is liable to get you killed.""

"You make a better point here, but I must also rebuke you. There are more angles here than whether or not a ruler's agenda is for his people or for his god. If a ruler were to rule a kingdom and exploit it to no end for his own pleasure, is he not secular? He's not working for his people, but he's not working for a god either. If he ruled in the name of another Human, would he not still be a secular ruler? He is ruling for neither himself nor his people but he is not working for a god yet he is still secular."

"That is irreverent, I still don't think you even know what that word means. Your empire is not secular because it is lead directly by a follower for Yaos, who listens to his every word, and would be considered to be a kind of priest in any culture. It is a theocracy."

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:53:36 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 475