Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616952 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T49: Encore
« Reply #3465 on: November 29, 2014, 04:42:10 pm »

"You make some pretty good points there, especially with your mentioning of Fusil. There are some questions or scenarios I'd like to ask though. They're pretty simple so they shouldn't take up to much of your time, great elder god. Other gods, please feel free to answer them. I'm starting to like this discussion now that it's moved away from militaristic and into intellectual."

"One: if we also declared independence from Yaos, no longer being his willing servants, would we no longer be a theocracy?"

"Two: if not the above, what would us Angels have to do in order to maintain control of the Empire while being considered its secular rulers?"

"Three: what is the problem with a theocratic government in the first place? Grauel seems to have authority over every Gruen state yet he doesn't get any flak for it."

"Four: if we declared independence but retained close ties such as friendship with Yaos, would it be any more theocratic than if we were friends with no or all other gods?"

"Five: what if we were to have a constitutional theocratic government? It's similar to a constitutional monarchy where there is still a hereditary monarchy but the real ruler is elected from the people. In this case, the real government is a combination of an elected council, a non-elected council, and an absolute ruler, and the traditional head of state is Yaos."

"Six: finally, and I think you'll find this most interesting, is that instead of the traditional head of state being Yaos, the head of state is the Council of Gods themselves. Now, we'll likely not agree to this but it would be nice to hear some opinions on the matter."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 04:46:06 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: November 29, 2014, 04:45:17 pm »

"Oh an empire ruled by the gods altogether. I like this idea. I like it alot."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: November 29, 2014, 04:48:45 pm »

"Actually, that scenario was supposed to simply be the subject of intellectual debate. We would never agree to such a premise. No offence, but you gods argue far too often and some of you never even bother voting on issues. One of the things that frustrated Yaos was that he was the only one who made sure to vote on every proposal."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:01:37 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: November 29, 2014, 05:25:42 pm »

"You make some pretty good points there, especially with your mentioning of Fusil. There are some questions or scenarios I'd like to ask though. They're pretty simple so they shouldn't take up to much of your time, great elder god. Other gods, please feel free to answer them. I'm starting to like this discussion now that it's moved away from militaristic and into intellectual."

"What makes you think you are even allowed to speak in the council?"

"One: if we also declared independence from Yaos, no longer being his willing servants, would we no longer be a theocracy?"

"Yes, you would no longer be a theocracy if you did not listen directly to Yaos. That is, if you didn't still have the same player controlling you...

"Three: what is the problem with a theocratic government in the first place? Grauel seems to have authority over every Gruen state yet he doesn't get any flak for it."

"The God of Hunger has: A. Not declared that his government over them is secular, B. Created them himself, instead of council action, and C. Is still alive. Yaos had no hand in the creation of the humans, he only declared them his for some indistingusable reason. I suggested the council action that created them, along with the rest of the council's support, made them. Why would Yaos get control over a race we created? It also wouldn't be a problem if Yaos's rule wasn't so harsh, even The God of Hunger doesn't randomly execute his followers..."

"Four: if we declared independence but retained close ties such as friendship with Yaos, would it be any more theocratic than if we were friends with no or all other gods?"

"Yes. You know that wouldn't be true independence, if every suggestion of Yaos is law, it is still a theocracy."

"Five: what if we were to have a constitutional theocratic government? It's similar to a constitutional monarchy where there is still a hereditary monarchy but the real ruler is elected from the people. In this case, the real government is a combination of an elected council, a non-elected council, and an absolute ruler, and the traditional head of state is Yaos."

"So you admit that it is a theocracy? In any case, writing your own constitution is rather pointless. Yaos, if he where still alive, would still have direct control over all of them."

"Six: finally, and I think you'll find this most interesting, is that instead of the traditional head of state being Yaos, the head of state is the Council of Gods themselves. Now, we'll likely not agree to this but it would be nice to hear some opinions on the matter."

"Considering we created them, I support this. Seeing as Yaos is dead, I declare that the Empire of Humanity is now under the direct control of the Council. Try and stop me, angel."

"Actually, that scenario was supposed to simply be the subject of intellectual debate. We would never agree to such a premise. No offence, but you gods argue far too often and some of you never even bother voting on issues. One of the things that frustrated Yaos was that he was the only one who made sure to vote on every proposal."

"Yaos is dead, and it matters not what pathetic Angels trapped in a plane can do. I declared the council to rule over humanity. First, I vote we disband the thing that replaced the Inquisition. Is there any among us who believe that it is anything more than a name change?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: November 29, 2014, 06:01:36 pm »

"Yes, you would no longer be a theocracy if you did not listen directly to Yaos.
"We no longer directly listen to Yaos."

"The God of Hunger has: A. Not declared that his government over them is secular, B. Created them himself, instead of council action, and C. Is still alive. Yaos had no hand in the creation of the humans, he only declared them his for some indistingusable reason. I suggested the council action that created them, along with the rest of the council's support, made them. Why would Yaos get control over a race we created? It also wouldn't be a problem if Yaos's rule wasn't so harsh, even The God of Hunger doesn't randomly execute his followers..."
Spoiler: Argument (click to show/hide)

"Yes. You know that wouldn't be true independence, if every suggestion of Yaos is law, it is still a theocracy."
"From now on, any law that ANY god wants to pass in the Empire must be run through the Emperor, the Council of Angels, and the Council of Humans."

"Yaos is dead, and it matters not what pathetic Angels trapped in a plane can do. I declared the council to rule over humanity. First, I vote we disband the thing that replaced the Inquisition. Is there any among us who believe that it is anything more than a name change?"
Spoiler: Argument (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 06:06:25 pm by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: November 29, 2014, 07:24:10 pm »

"Do you take some sick pleasure in insulting me with transparent lies god of Arms?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: November 29, 2014, 07:39:58 pm »

"We no longer directly listen to Yaos."

"As long as you indirectly listen to him, it will be a theocracy."
"There are some problems here. Yaos declared that he was the god of Humans because his literal, physical sphere was Humans. He didn't have a choice in the matter. You suggested the Council create sapients of a kind - not specifically Humans. Gods used the proposal to make various sapients but it was Azem that created and prototyped Humans specifically and he did so without the Council. After that, the Council merely propagated them. If Yaos were to get control over a race, it would probably be because that race is one of his spheres. Now, you could challenge this, but that would mean that you do not get to have control over all weapons, or at least weapons that you yourself did not create. Oh and Yaos did in fact create his own Humans. Several hundreds of thousands, actually."
"Oh and Yaos didn't like the random executions either. That's why he worked very hard on creating procedures where a person must be proven beyond doubt AND have serious enough crimes on their own to warrant execution, as well as the introduction of non-lethal weaponry which proved to be immensely effective. It wasn't perfect, but it was as good as he could make it."

"I have not created an Empire of all weapons, causing each and every one of the weapons that the other gods have made to worship me. If Yaos wanted to rule his own country, he should have built it. He could have made millions of humans on his own essence, instead of using the ones I had created and paid for. There is no reason for me to allow him control over a race he had not created, and only claimed by using his sphere as an excuse. Aside from that, he is dead.

I know that Yaos struck down people for such 'heresies' as asking politely to be a god, going to an abandoned mill, and other such factors. He ordered the executions directly in those cases."

"From now on, any law that ANY god wants to pass in the Empire must be run through the Emperor, the Council of Angels, and the Council of Humans."

"As 1/13 leader of the Empire of Humans, I abolish the Emperor (He can't even do much hiding away, anyway.), and the Council of Angels. If they try to stop me, the will be shot. The Council of humans can stay, I guess."

"All of Humanity? You do realise that not all Humans in Keshan live within the Empire, and that NO Human on Slythan is part of the Empire either. Again, if you have ANY suggestions for how EVAC should operate, I would gladly incorporate it into their operating procedures. We need SOME kind of task force that can deal with Void cults and angel groups are too small to cover an area as large as an empire."

"No, just the empire of humanity. Lowercase. Read my lips. I don't know how you can run such an organization, but I would suggest that you should be a lot more selective with who you kill. That is always a good start."

"Do you take some sick pleasure in insulting me with transparent lies god of Arms?"

"All kinds of sick pleasures, Azem. The knife is mine."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: November 29, 2014, 08:01:51 pm »

"As long as you indirectly listen to him, it will be a theocracy."
"We no longer indirectly listen to Yaos."

"I have not created an Empire of all weapons, causing each and every one of the weapons that the other gods have made to worship me. If Yaos wanted to rule his own country, he should have built it. He could have made millions of humans on his own essence, instead of using the ones I had created and paid for. There is no reason for me to allow him control over a race he had not created, and only claimed by using his sphere as an excuse. Aside from that, he is dead.

I know that Yaos struck down people for such 'heresies' as asking politely to be a god, going to an abandoned mill, and other such factors. He ordered the executions directly in those cases."

"Actually, the original inhabitants of the Empire was made up of the Humans that Yaos personally created."
"No one who visited the mill was harmed or interrogated. They were observed from a distance as they were visiting the mill but were otherwise left alone. When no one was at the mill, it was destroyed. As for the apotheoszetic people whom Yaos killed, he did them himself. They weren't executions. She also stopped that practice a long time ago as it was no longer considered Heresy to ask to become a god. Those people are now ignored."

"As 1/13 leader of the Empire of Humans, I abolish the Emperor (He can't even do much hiding away, anyway.), and the Council of Angels. If they try to stop me, the will be shot. The Council of humans can stay, I guess."
"While I thank you for spelling 'Humans' correctly, I should inform you that it is actually called the Empire of Mankind. Moreover, you are not one of the members of the Empire's government. The government, by the way has a total of twenty-one members including myself - not thirteen. If you want to pass a bill, you will have to apply for Imperial citizenship, be accepted as a citizen into the Empire, and lodge a petition with your local Human representative."

"No, just the empire of humanity. Lowercase. Read my lips. I don't know how you can run such an organization, but I would suggest that you should be a lot more selective with who you kill. That is always a good start."
"Accepted. EVAC will kill no Void cultists. They will merely be imprisoned."

"All kinds of sick pleasures, Azem. The knife is mine."
"If the knife was yours, then why didn't you get it back when the Council voted to give all your stuff back?"

Vaal adopts a random Human orphan, assuming the orphanage and the orphan itself consents. The child must either have been born under the Crown or the Ikaku and must register as being Good.

Ikaku mercenaries are brought in to train the Paladins and the rest of the Human army in chi techniques.

The Imperial Palace is warded against those attempting to enter without authorisation granted by a Yaosian Angel.

EDIT:
"Yaos will return. That much is certain."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:05:45 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: November 29, 2014, 08:23:26 pm »

"We no longer indirectly listen to Yaos."

"Then you give up all divine protection, enabling me to slay you. I do not believe you."

"No one who visited the mill was harmed or interrogated. They were observed from a distance as they were visiting the mill but were otherwise left alone. When no one was at the mill, it was destroyed. As for the apotheoszetic people whom Yaos killed, he did them himself. They weren't executions. She also stopped that practice a long time ago as it was no longer considered Heresy to ask to become a god. Those people are now ignored."

"He ordered them executed. It was jut blind luck that it was not so."

"While I thank you for spelling 'Humans' correctly, I should inform you that it is actually called the Empire of Mankind. Moreover, you are not one of the members of the Empire's government. The government, by the way has a total of twenty-one members including myself - not thirteen. If you want to pass a bill, you will have to apply for Imperial citizenship, be accepted as a citizen into the Empire, and lodge a petition with your local Human representative."

"Tykki, shoot him. Something big. Maybe an M700? .308 caliber version. He obviously has trouble hearing, we should clear out his head a little."

"If the knife was yours, then why didn't you get it back when the Council voted to give all your stuff back?"

"It is mine now. I claim it."

Ikaku mercenaries are brought in to train the Paladins and the rest of the Human army in chi techniques.

"They both had a hand in killing me. You have one sentence to explain why I shouldn't have both the mercenaries and Paladins killed."

"Judging by the past, he will then be killed again."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:25:49 pm by Stirk »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: November 29, 2014, 08:39:24 pm »

"He ordered them executed. It was jut blind luck that it was not so."
"It also helped that the order was changed shortly after it was given."

"They both had a hand in killing me. You have one sentence to explain why I shouldn't have both the mercenaries and Paladins killed."
"They either worship you or weren't part of the attack."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: November 29, 2014, 08:41:23 pm »

"They either worship you or weren't part of the attack."

"Those are both lies. Part of the requirement for me to not kill them is that the reason was true."

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: November 29, 2014, 08:44:29 pm »

"Judging by the past, he will then be killed again."
That is probably waaaay too accurate.
But why are you so bent on destroying Yaos's angels? Well, probably because they are annoying you...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:48:54 pm by Lost in Nowhere »
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: November 29, 2014, 08:46:43 pm »

"The Ikaku mercenaries being hired are not the same ones who attacked your angels. Most of the Paladins who attacked your angels are dead. They either died during the assault or were killed in Grauel's attack. Less than fifty percent of Paladins attacked your angels. Moreover, as weapon-users, the Paladins worship you. Not as much as Yaos, of course, but they still pay their respects. The Ikakus don't worship you at all but I wasn't referring to them when I mentioned that 'they' worshipped you."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: November 29, 2014, 11:28:27 pm »

Hmmm.

I have a question for the Council.

Which of us here, excluding Fusil himself, and please don't answer, Angels of Yaos, this is for Gods alone;

How many of us here find the God of Weapons behavior either distasteful, worrying, or insulting?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: November 29, 2014, 11:42:58 pm »

"The Ikaku mercenaries being hired are not the same ones who attacked your angels. Most of the Paladins who attacked your angels are dead. They either died during the assault or were killed in Grauel's attack. Less than fifty percent of Paladins attacked your angels. Moreover, as weapon-users, the Paladins worship you. Not as much as Yaos, of course, but they still pay their respects. The Ikakus don't worship you at all but I wasn't referring to them when I mentioned that 'they' worshipped you."

"Not all weapon users worship me, they would not have likely attempted to murder me if that was so. The Ikaku might very well be the same that attacked me. So why should I not, at the very least, destroy the Paladin? As immortals, the surviving ones likely had a hand in my death."

Which of us here, excluding Fusil himself, and please don't answer, Angels of Yaos, this is for Gods alone;

"Don't answer? A lesser god attempting to tell me what I can and can't do? Was your purpose in this question to anger me?"

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 475