Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615149 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T51: Revenant
« Reply #3510 on: December 01, 2014, 02:36:41 am »

Tick 51: Revenant

The boy Vaal adopted seems not to have too much Void influence. He is currently 8.

The Mumans recover from their initial attempts mining. Tales abound of how the Armu can drink molten white stone.

The Imperial Army attempts to secure trade routes in unclaimed areas outside the Empire. They are spread rather thin. Dwarven armor has been purchased for the Yaosian Paladins and the EVAC and has been enchanted to be less encumbering. The Council has decided to create a massive civil service system. Festivities are held for Yaos and the Emperor. Golems and Gremlins have lent some assistance to the Empire. Tory and Lee get some magic resistant armor. An alchemy department has been opened at the ISAY. Schools for the young have been built in the Empire. The Human Council calls a session to decide what is best for the people. It has been a month and they still have nothing concrete. An Imperial Void Studies group has come to two conclusions that the Void is undoubtedly completely safe and that the Void is inestimably dangerous and must be completely ignored and purged. Missionaries testing negative for Void influence have begun traveling to non-Human settlements. Vaal's adopted son is not magically attuned. A Yaosian charity complements the charity charity charities. The Human Council is split roughly evenly on the Void. Approximately half see it as benign, while the other half think of it as malevolent. The Golems begin upgrading various current temples and the Grand Temple at the capital, which is warded from magic. Unfortunately, many of the workers have Void influence and are turned away. Progress is slow and fraught with accidents.

(Andres: Maybe try doing less while you're dead? It's kind of against the spirit of being dead to add so much.)

The second Feast of Fusil has begun. Unfortunately, on both worlds, the region around the feast is hit by a severe freak snowstorm, and a blizzard rages over the valley of the feast for its duration. This manages to kill off many of the weaker attendees. Serac and Billy see little happening beyond attendees feasting in separate tents.

The Hummingbird seems to reflect on Grauel's words. The next day, a group of assorted people gather at a nearby hill waving various metallic implements and insulting various gods.

The merfolk have been created! They are primarily sea-dwellers with limited land survival ability with webbed hands, (cetoid/ichthyoid?) tails, beautiful scales, and a tendency toward Good, Wealth, Water, Ice, and Life.

The Good cities are slowly growing, Darruth's prophet is currently on a long tour, the Book of Divine Truth seems to have become heavier, and the church has become far more organized.

Azem's primary sphere has been changed to Wealth.

The Arkanjel Palatino has been given Void detection abilities and some limited skill in cleansing the taint of the Void.

Vaal and Lette have completed their mission.

Taol has left storage and entered safe stasis.

This update's constellations are the Ring and Claw.

Two of Grauel's angels have been found dead. They are both covered in a shroud reading "HoDo"

(Darruth: -3E, Azem: -1E, Serac: -0E, Neron: -0E, Joha: -0E)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (7) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

`
New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Day, Fertility, Earth, and Strength.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T50: Cycles
« Reply #3511 on: December 01, 2014, 02:44:22 am »

The second Feast of Fusil has begun. Unfortunately, on both worlds, the region around the feast is hit by a severe freak snowstorm, and a blizzard rages over the valley of the feast for its duration. This manages to kill off many of the weaker attendees. Serac and Billy see little happening beyond attendees feasting in separate tents.

"Whatever did that is dead. I don't care if it was a God or a Null or something ten times as powerful. I am going to gun it down for killing my followers, and on the day of the FEAST no less! They will be ventilated! I will fill them with so many holes, they will be more 'holy' then Durrath's armor! I will atomize them with bullets. This isn't a natural occurrence, it was a petty attack by a foolish being. I will destroy them. Destroy them. Destroy them."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: December 01, 2014, 02:53:42 am »

(Andres: Maybe try doing less while you're dead? It's kind of against the spirit of being dead to add so much.)
(As you wish.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: December 01, 2014, 06:49:26 am »

When workers were being turned away for void influence, were those workers Golems? There are no void cults among Golems, so any void taint would had come from an outside source, something I would be interested in removing.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3514 on: December 01, 2014, 11:16:58 am »

The Hummingbird seems to reflect on Grauel's words. The next day, a group of assorted people gather at a nearby hill waving various metallic implements and insulting various gods.

Two of Grauel's angels have been found dead. They are both covered in a shroud reading "HoDo"
Grauel, you could have been a little more kind when dealing with mortals... Instead of laughing at them.

Appear to the crowd and say
The greatest god is The Queen of Gulls, high goddess of Death and Dust.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: December 01, 2014, 11:36:51 am »

Why? That bird thought it was good enough that we should fight over it. That's funny to me and so I laughed. Besides, given my tendency to eat things, I don't think laughing is so bad.

I doubt that is related to the deaths though. Not like I really care at any rate. Well except that I'm curious what HoDo is supposed to mean.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3516 on: December 01, 2014, 03:01:26 pm »

Khaziraad: Some of those workers were indeed Golems. They seemed to have superficial corruption despite a record of not having dealt with the Void.

Serac: They proceed to insult her as well. Their metallic implements are still pointing upward.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3517 on: December 01, 2014, 03:14:38 pm »

Now you can keep yelling and insulting the gods, and I could turn you all into Seagulls. Or you could calm down and send a leader to talk with me.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3518 on: December 01, 2014, 03:16:24 pm »

Serac: "Let them be gulls!"

They continue insulting various gods. The Famous Hummingbird watches from a nearby copse.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3519 on: December 01, 2014, 03:22:36 pm »

Make every insult they say for the rest of time cause them to sprout a seagull feather. When they are completely covered in feathers they become a seagull who can sense the time anything around them will die.
When they die and reincarnate their feathers are gone, but the curse still exists and they remember it.

What did you tell them Hummingbird?

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: December 01, 2014, 03:25:44 pm »

I have good news and bad news. Bad ones first.

Bad news! It apears that void influence spreads like some sort of oily fog or powder, one can gain traces of it by simply being nearby. Some of Golems' outer layers have been tainted by the void influence after their visits to human capital, even some commonly used roads now have trace void energies. It had basicly no influence on Golems, but organic beings with circulatory sistems may be harmed more.

Good news! My archangel is now capable of creating as well  as destroying, and thus can now be considered complete! Rise, Kyloth, the Artist of worlds. Yours shall be the task too great for less powerfull, you are tasked with building the land itself. You shall shape beutifull valeys, dark forests, crystal clear rivers and sky reaching mountains. Your artwork shall be discovered and evaluated not by jury of pompous, but by explorers and settlers. Now go, and may your creation stand untill the end of times.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3521 on: December 01, 2014, 03:28:00 pm »

(Serac: -1E)
Serac: You curse them into turning into seagulls whenever they insult anyone, eventually becoming seagulls who can sense when anything (probably larger than an ant) around will die, persisting into reincarnation.

"I told them to get your collective attention. It seems they have succeeded despite those feathers they are growing."

Khaziraad: Kyloth embarks on a long journey to create wonders beyond those that already exist..

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3522 on: December 01, 2014, 03:32:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That happens to agree with what the library says about void taint.

Yes, they have succeeded at getting my attention. Now, what did you want?
...And they should probably stop the insults if they don't want to become seagulls.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: December 01, 2014, 03:33:38 pm »

"Serac, that punishment, while certainly creative, is not a very good one. Giving possibly dozens of warnings before cursing their eternal souls is both too harsh and too lenient at the same time. Once you're done, would you let me judge and punish them?"

((I had a large queue action planned, but I'll have to write it up later. Might as well make the rhetorical question a real one.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3524 on: December 01, 2014, 03:35:35 pm »

Serac: "I want you and any other listening god to show me who is the best god. Whoever succeeds gets my exclusive worship and the remainder of my life for the spreading of the faith."

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 475