Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615138 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T52: Crucible
« Reply #3555 on: December 01, 2014, 10:09:46 pm »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: December 01, 2014, 10:11:23 pm »

Self-defense and spite are not the same thing. Also, you're demonstrating quite nicely why I feel I need to form such an alliance; if it makes you feel better if I say I feel threatened by your threats, so be it. But if you make threats, people will react, and not always in the way you wish them to. So, I make an alliance in an attempt for both self-preservation, and to help others who may feel the same way.

"This is just insulting. Do I have any reason you are not simply attempting to kill me, as the last 'alliance' against me had? Perhaps I should form my own group, to defend us from your stupidity? It is only a matter of time before you do something that gets millions of mortals killed..."

Actually, untrue. His servant was injured grievously because it's own power was so enormous that it could not withstand it's full force. Considering that angel is partially made up of a plane, and if I remember correctly, took several of your nukes to the metaphorical face without dropping, that only says something about it's power, not it's durability. I doubt the invulnerability is total, and if she were to block, his hammer would simply change whatever was used to block into the chemical compounds it does anything else, I believe. And, of course, there's the fact that saying that Tykki can retreat faster than it can attack means she isn't actually fighting it; she's running away. Or strategically retreating, if you prefer, but the fact remains that she can do very little to him, and staying around long enough to manage to do so means risking getting blown up.

"The Worldbuilder was injured before exploding himself, and if you had the listening comprehension of a squirrel you would understand that. Go over the records if you do not believe me, the Stone Men and Stone Angel where capable of damaging him just as much as he damaged them. I never nuked him, my nukes are more powerful than said hammer. The fact that I am a weapon god means my weapons are the best, the God of Archetectur's hammer will have no effect on Tykki's blade. In fact, Tykki would likely damage the hammer. She can also teleport back in the same amount of time, fire a few shells, and repeat the process until it is obliterated. You think with your head, if you haven't figured that out yet. Tykki has access to real nukes, and I am perfectly capable of changing her main weapon to something capable of firing nuclear ordnance. Seeing as he managed to survive his own attack, and Tykki is tougher still than him, I would say she could survive no problem."

Mmmmm....no, I don't really believe you. For one thing, there's a lot of flaws in your logic, and that contradicts other things you've said, like saying that Yaos died when you revived. Or, for instance, the fact that none of the times Yaos revived, which is our only other sample for revival, the revival of the god was announced publicly. I do not believe that it would be possible to hide such a thing, actually. Plus, as I said, it contradicts your own statements.

"I also have no reason to care if you believe me. That is what happened, and can be easily seen. If you are not intelligent enough to realize that is the truth, and too incompetent to look for any evidence yourself, you must suffer the consequences."

Illogical distaste? No fighting going on during a horrendous life-ending blizzard catastrophe? I have made the Templars, I have made a warrior race, and I have shown more of a distaste to murder people without cause, at least more than you(and yes, I'm referring to Cim. Again.). And I suppose no other God has used essence to try and gain followers ever, after all, I mean, that's not what Gods do, after all.

"I am saying that you caused the life ending blizzard catastrophe to stop the fighting. Raining on my parade for petty reasons. The God of Hunger is the only one to do it often enough to warrant notice, and he is hardly the type to summon random blizzards at a Feast."

Those would be Avatars, not Angels, then. I was not even around when you made Tykki, so how can you be so sure that I would not have made an Angel before you did? My angels, at least some of them, are actually quite different from Tykki in significant ways...besides, I'd like to point out that the prototype of a weapon tends to have all the bugs and design flaws, that get edited out in later iterations. Unless you believe a musket to be superior to a Dragunov sniper rifle?

"Tykki's original design was called an 'avatar'. She was named the Angel of Arms, by me. This was not a class, as she was the only one. My Avatar. My Tykki. Her design was copied for the Angel template, and the name changed. She fit into the new class, as she created it. The first Angel, now called an Archangel. No matter how 'different' you say your Angels are, the base is still the same. Many of the necessary powers are still the same. And, most importantly, their purpose is still the same. No matter how different you make your Angels, they still are there only to copy Tykki's original purpose. Tykki was not a prototype, and the fact that everyone copied her template makes it more like comparing the AK-47 to a cheap foreign ripoff. The fact that Tykki has been constantly upgraded keeps her the most powerful, even if someone attempted to make a more powerful Angel they would be doomed to failure."

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: December 01, 2014, 10:29:18 pm »

The Imperial Cavalry is sent to help the Imperial Army with their duties of patrolling trade routes. Patrols are more closely limited to the ones that provide the most profit to the Empire.

The injured labourers are healed. The Humanos Grande Controlados help with the building of the Grand Temple.

Those cities that have been razed by the Stone Warriors and are devoid of life have their streets cleared of rubble by the Humanos Grande. Imperial colonists are sent to these cities where they will rebuild with the assistance of the Humanos Regiment. Shinies and other treasures found inside the treasuries of the cities will be recorded and sent to the capital.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: December 01, 2014, 10:44:17 pm »

The Imperial Cavalry is sent to help the Imperial Army with their duties of patrolling trade routes. Patrols are more closely limited to the ones that provide the most profit to the Empire.

The injured labourers are healed. The Humanos Grande Controlados help with the building of the Grand Temple.

Those cities that have been razed by the Stone Warriors and are devoid of life have their streets cleared of rubble by the Humanos Grande. Imperial colonists are sent to these cities where they will rebuild with the assistance of the Humanos Regiment. Shinies and other treasures found inside the treasuries of the cities will be recorded and sent to the capital.

....Did you just steal and loot the cities you destroyed from beyond the grave?

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T51: Revenant
« Reply #3559 on: December 01, 2014, 10:50:30 pm »

"Besides, I`m the best. What other god could hope to stop the powers of ice and snow!"

"If you could do that, then why had my followers died at the Feast? I do not believe it was you who caused the storms, but surly you could have saved them.."
"Its not my fault if your followers can`t stand a bit of cold weather."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: December 01, 2014, 10:59:10 pm »

"Its not my fault if your followers can`t stand a bit of cold weather."

"Are you saying you are the one who did this?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: December 01, 2014, 11:04:34 pm »

....Did you just steal and loot the cities you destroyed from beyond the grave?
(Kind of, sort of, mu.
I'm occupying the cities because no one has done so after several Ticks and I'm loathe to let good cities go to waste. As well as looting them I'm recording what loot is being taken so that if those cities were part of a larger kingdom or empire, the loot can be returned. I did not destroy the cities - the Stone Warriors did. Apparently, there was also a Stone Angel I didn't even know about until about an hour ago.)

whoever committed such an atrocity must be brought to justice. I have no idea who at this point, though...
"We already caught the guys who did it, luv. They were some Yaosian priests from the capital who were making them by pronouncing Yaos' name wrong or something. If I remember correctly, the punishment was bitch-slapping, expulsion from the priesthood, and execution. The Stone Warriors stopped appearing after that. As for how exactly they were being created and such, we have no idea. We didn't even know about no 'Stone Angel' until Fusil mentioned it recently."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 11:07:55 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: December 01, 2014, 11:14:39 pm »

I'm fairly sure he was discussing the freak blizzard that occurred at Fusil's feast.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3563 on: December 01, 2014, 11:19:05 pm »

Self-defense and spite are not the same thing. Also, you're demonstrating quite nicely why I feel I need to form such an alliance; if it makes you feel better if I say I feel threatened by your threats, so be it. But if you make threats, people will react, and not always in the way you wish them to. So, I make an alliance in an attempt for both self-preservation, and to help others who may feel the same way.
"This is just insulting. Do I have any reason you are not simply attempting to kill me, as the last 'alliance' against me had? Perhaps I should form my own group, to defend us from your stupidity? It is only a matter of time before you do something that gets millions of mortals killed..."
I would like to see you try to make an alliance.
I would be willing to join the one to defend against you through...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: December 01, 2014, 11:51:01 pm »

Quote from: KJP
The regiments notice strange vegetation around the buildings and the colonizers notice an eerie presence and unnatural sounds throughout the night. They fearfully set up camp clustered together and make sure to return half an hour before sunset. A child disappears mysteriously a week into their attempt. Events of this sort occur in all of the previously razed towns.
All colonists are made to return home. The cities are scanned with the VDD ((WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS SOONER!?)). The missing child is tracked via soul-sensing, chi-sensing, magic-sensing, and scent (via a small group of Cavalrymen).

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3565 on: December 01, 2014, 11:54:24 pm »

Appear to the Hummingbird and shrink him back down to the size of a child.
You are arrogent and expect everyone to do as you say. You act like the gods should be honored to have your worship. We aren't. Now, just one more thing...

Pick a god and pray!!!

Shoot a wave that carries him into a nearby village and dumps him on the ground in the main gathering place (Town square type thing).

Now, about that curse, they will only be seagulls for one cycle after their transformation before turning back to their original forms, but keeping the curse.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: December 02, 2014, 12:00:22 am »

Hey! I spent essence to make him like that. Back off, this is one of the only things entertaining me right now.

I mean, I'm fine with knocking him around but no shrinkage. I'm not done amusing myself.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3567 on: December 02, 2014, 12:04:28 am »

Okay, no shrinkage. But no town eating either, okay?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: December 02, 2014, 12:11:04 am »

You drive a hard bargain. Anyway, I don't control the hummingbird or it's actions. I really can't guarantee that. Feel free to do whatever you want if he gets too out of hand though.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3569 on: December 02, 2014, 02:01:47 am »

Yaos: Many shinies of varying amounts of actual metal have been recorded and sent to the Keshan Human Imperial capital. There are also a few magic items, most of which have to do with food and exhibit a non-trivial trace of Void influence.

Colonists sent to the haunted cities have returned after numerous incidents. The cities give off Void radiation. The missing children are present around various terrifying buildings in the form of mostly digested bits. Some cavalrymen inexplicably and silently disappear during the search.

Serac: The Famous Hummingbird lands at the village square. He shouts "Not until someone is confirmed to be the best!" He begins eating some nearby shrubbery.

Curse updated.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 475