Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617193 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T53: Mischief
« Reply #3585 on: December 03, 2014, 09:41:13 pm »

What does The Truth even look like?

An elongated diamond, obviously.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: December 03, 2014, 09:46:29 pm »

What is 'The Truth' even associated with? Is its only job really to remind people of a word?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: December 03, 2014, 10:04:00 pm »

(Oh, thanks for reminding me!)

"Alright, Angels of Yaos. You have five minutes to explain why I shouldn't kill all of you for your attempts to murder me. Maybe I will take over the Empire of Mankind while I am at it? It is not like Yaos needs it any more. And I still want that knife..."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3588 on: December 03, 2014, 11:11:00 pm »

Tick 54: Amateur campanology

Vaal's adopted son has been tutored on many subjects. The Human Empire's EVAC has attempted to destroy the recently collected magical Void items and has limited success.

Some zealots of Yaos have stopped their rampage at the ISAY. Most of the researchers are currently checking the damage. The zealots continue as normal, but there is a public burning of an elongated diamond effigy that night. The more level-headed members of the ISAY. They are chastised both for their rash behavior and antagonizing Fusil in general.

The weapons seem to have enough Void influence to trigger the VDD.

Skilled Human workers have been brought in to work on the Grand Temple. The biggest Void cults are, predictably, in hiding. Funding for agriculture has been increased. The Gruen seem to have somewhat inappropriate techniques given their mundivorous diet, and the Humans gain little from knowing how to treat rocks to make them tastier. A waste has been allocated for Ikaku and training use. It seems that most everyone, regardless of skill in any area, is inept at chi techniques. Controller Angels are present. Most of the Imperial generals agree to pray to Yaos' angels.

Gruen civilization is entering a period of great intellectual advancement with the successful planned feedbreeding of near-lighter-than-air Gruen to transport documents and limited cargo. The priests have done a good job of answering prayers even if most of them are answered in the negative. You hear the following prayers:
"What should I eat to make myself large?"
"I wish I could become a god of Berries."
"There is an annoying creature eating all my flowers! He landed in the town square a few weeks ago and has not stopped!"

The Rani, Shadow Ravens, and Snow Golems are doing fairly well. Many of the Shadow Ravens seem to have disappeared, but this is probably a matter of godly perception.
"I wish my son didn't go to that big Feast! I should have known!"
"My dog is stuck in the snow! Can you get him to come back?"
"I wish for frozen milk cream."

(From which world is The Truth visible?)

The Light has created the Reef of Souls, a luminescent coral reef for the merfolk.
Cactusman: "Can you make me have spines like the other cacti?"
Luminee: "I want to learn how to make the Light of Feeding!"
Crurcul the Destroying Light: "One of my daughters wants to marry a ceremonial dagger, but I disapprove. What should I do?"

(Not enough players doing anything for one tick, not not enough from any particular player who posted (the negation operator seems a bit slanted in English).)

This update's constellations are the Shield and Eye.

(The Light: -1E)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

`
New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Agriculture, Torture, Animals, and Trickery.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T54: Amateur Campanology
« Reply #3589 on: December 03, 2014, 11:21:11 pm »

By the way, the Yaosian angels are part of the Darruthian alliance. If that doesn't change anything, then tell me and I'll write up an appropriate response.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3590 on: December 03, 2014, 11:23:14 pm »

I can't enforce alliances or break-n-backstab would be artificially prevented, so the Yaosian angels being in the alliance changes as little as the alliance wants.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: December 03, 2014, 11:24:07 pm »

(That was directed at Fusil, actually.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: December 03, 2014, 11:25:41 pm »

By the way, the Yaosian angels are part of the Darruthian alliance. If that doesn't change anything, then tell me and I'll write up an appropriate response.

(Durrath doesn't scare Fusil in the least bit. Did you really think it would do anything?)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: December 03, 2014, 11:27:10 pm »

I have a few things to say before I must retire once more, the most pressing of which is this:

I did not kill your followers, Fusil, and am in fact working on finding out who did. You will not believe me, of course; you use deception often enough that you expect it from others as a matter of course. But it is nonetheless true.

Second; feel free to attempt to form an alliance to shield yourself as well. I fear you might have difficulty procuring allies who have not been alienated by your rash and imprudent behaviour, however.

(You still can't seem to manage to spell it right. Maybe I should call Fusil Fisul (pronounced fizzle) from now on...)

(also, I could have told you that it would make him more likely to try and kill you, not less...though it's not just Darruth in the alliance anymore. Serac at least agreed, I think a couple more from PMs...)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: December 03, 2014, 11:28:38 pm »

(it's not just Darruth in the alliance anymore. Serac at least agreed, I think a couple more from PMs...)
(Indeed. Joha at least openly joined the alliance. She was the first one to do so as well.)

So is Fusil going to retract or change his demands or not? I've got a response ready in either case.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: December 03, 2014, 11:34:52 pm »

I did not kill your followers, Fusil, and am in fact working on finding out who did. You will not believe me, of course; you use deception often enough that you expect it from others as a matter of course. But it is nonetheless true.

"Why should I trust you? That is exactly what you would have said if you had done it. My followers where killed. Frozen to death. The weak ones, too. Children attended that festival. As you can see, mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, are crying over the corpses caused by another god. I can see no reason for this attack, it must have been caused by the least reasonable of us. I can see no answer but you."

Second; feel free to attempt to form an alliance to shield yourself as well. I fear you might have difficulty procuring allies who have not been alienated by your rash and imprudent behaviour, however.

"Maybe I have already done so? The slumbering gods have already offered me their support."

(You still can't seem to manage to spell it right. Maybe I should call Fusil Fisul (pronounced fizzle) from now on...)

(I have been doing it on purpose for a while now. It has started to spread.)

(also, I could have told you that it would make him more likely to try and kill you, not less...though it's not just Darruth in the alliance anymore. Serac at least agreed, I think a couple more from PMs...)

(Fusil is so scared, his finger is trembling over the button labeled *NUKE THE OTHER GODS*)

So is Fusil going to retract or change his demands or not? I've got a response ready in either case.

(I think it is pretty clear he is not retracting anything.)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: December 03, 2014, 11:36:06 pm »

(oh, maybe it was Joha; I'm terrible at keeping track of text colors and all, mostly i've figured out Khaziraad, Grauel/Azem sometimes, Fusil, Yaos(sorta...), and Cim...)

Commission the construction of a Grand Cathedral, with aid from the greatest artists, construxtion workers(yes this includes Golems mostly), and architects of the age. It should be designed for use both by those who can travel by flight, and those who are confined to the ground, and magnify the glories and virtues of Goodness. It should be constructed in the largest of the Good cities, and smaller(but still large) Cathedrals should be built in the rest. Ask the God of Architecture(coughKhaziraadcough) for help.

See if I can help make his archangel a bit tougher in a significant manner without spending more than 1 or two essence.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3597 on: December 03, 2014, 11:38:13 pm »

((Is anyone doing anything about the monsters in the abandoned cities, or should I go fix it myself?))

Edit: supposed to be OOC, oops.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: December 03, 2014, 11:39:08 pm »

Hmmm...

Get on it, Templars! Good for training.

And building character.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3599 on: December 03, 2014, 11:39:16 pm »

Stirk: Please spell Durrath as Darruth for non-in-character posts regardless of presence on the IC or OOC thread

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 475