Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616632 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13+/999 players] IC: T70: Elephant in the room
« Reply #4530 on: December 19, 2014, 09:00:21 pm »

It was purely fault of your angel that that happened. Mortals have full right to refuse worshiping a god(des), and since your angel was distracting, they helped it to move elawhere. It will reform in a tick or two, with knowledge that there is such a thing as trying too hard. As for my followers who have sinned in your eyes, well, I'd be a poor god if I just allowed you to have your way with them.

As for the power of yaosian angels, while their combat value is limited, the trust that citizens of the Empire put into them is great. They have ruled the Empire in the past and they could do so again. Even without that, few words would be enough to have overwhelmimg majority of humans worshiping you.

Protect my followers from Lecty. Send two angels to protect them from Yaosian angels if needed.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: December 19, 2014, 09:01:17 pm »

Yes, it does seem that way.
And a "temporal disturbance" doesn't seem like the best thing to happen...
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4532 on: December 19, 2014, 09:07:34 pm »

(Malakath: 11 - 8 - 0  + 4 +10E= 7E. No mistake but I forgot to refund the retcon deduction.)

Malakath: You have destroyed the souls of a few dozen Golems and Gremlins. There is a general uproar in the Golem and Gremlin cities and those of sympathetic races, and they have taken to burning effigies of you and posting anti-angel signs everywhere. Naturally, those destroyed will not end up reincarnating.

(Yes. I believe non-worship blood magic will generate Influence income for you.)

Neron: Your Saints have created a Traveling branch of the icy church.

Khaziraad: Your followers thank you for sending the angels to help defend them.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: December 19, 2014, 09:12:34 pm »

"I will take that as a yes."

Azem warns the Shiny Ones to give the followers of Khaziraad a wide berth.

"Now settle this quietly before I entertain the notion of trying to enforce rule four of the Code of Conduct."

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: December 19, 2014, 09:15:42 pm »

(I was suposed to protect their souls/lives while angels defended them from more physical attacks. My next post is rather dependant on wether or not this protecting happened.)

You, Azem, and other gods have nothing to fear. I take no offence in angels praising their creators, it would be more worying if they didin't. However, if they start agressively pushing their god, it is only fair for mortals to give them an oportunity to cool off a bit.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:18:52 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: December 19, 2014, 09:17:24 pm »

(And I was busy writing that huge PM to you. I wouldn't have attacked if I'd known Khaziraad was going to protect them.)

EDIT: (I was under the impression that the angels were merely trying to tell people about me. They weren't forcing people to join, were they?)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:19:38 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: December 19, 2014, 09:25:58 pm »

" Wait a moment... you permanently killed mortals because they killed one of your angels. You do know that angels revieve, right..."

Calm the mind of the murdered mortal`s families and friends. Inspire them to seek a better future that does not involve violence against angels.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: December 19, 2014, 09:33:35 pm »

"It seems another war is brewing. I think Ill sit this one out, for now at least. Anyone need equipment? Also, I believe the Blood god is causing the tremors in his attempts at reviving Yaos."
"The tremors aren't me. Why don't we just ask the Oracle? I already used up my free question to ask who took the Yaosian souls. (To the one who did it, don't worry, I'm ok with it.) Also, I'm not trying to revive Yaos. You can confirm that with the oracle as well."

(I was suposed to protect their souls/lives while angels defended them from more physical attacks. My next post is rather dependant on wether or not this protecting happened.)owever, if they start agressively pushing their god, it is only fair for mortals to give them an oportunity to cool off a bit.[/glow][/color]
(I agree that that shouldn't have happened. Especially if it turns out my angels were in the wrong and I wasn't being told about it.)

You, Azem, and other gods have nothing to fear. I take no offence in angels praising their creators, it would be more worying if they didin't. However, if they start agressively pushing their god, it is only fair for mortals to give them an oportunity to cool off a bit.
"We don't know the full extent of an angel's ability to revive on their own. Quite a few angels from the Second Crusade have not revived, for example. In any case, death is much too great a punishment for the crime of merely preaching, even if the death is merely temporary. They could've just asked the angels to leave."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:14:14 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: December 19, 2014, 10:04:01 pm »

Ask the oracle who is causing the strange tremors.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4539 on: December 20, 2014, 12:50:56 am »

Neron: You attempt to calm the minds of the slain mortals' friends and families. It seems more than a bit ineffective on the Golems.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: December 20, 2014, 01:57:54 am »

And what then, is defined as blasphemy, Malakath? Anything you do not agree with, or simply direct opposition to you?

Destruction of a person's soul is a punishment more suitably called a crime...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: December 20, 2014, 02:04:00 am »

(Do Golems not have minds?)

"Just thought everyone would like to now, the Lich is causing the tremors."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:15:16 am by Ama »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: December 20, 2014, 02:07:57 am »

Azem rolls his eyes.

"It's not like we did anything the last time peoples souls were destroyed."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: December 20, 2014, 03:24:58 am »

And what then, is defined as blasphemy, Malakath? Anything you do not agree with, or simply direct opposition to you?
"Anything in serious opposition to me. Burning my temples, slaughtering my followers, killing my angels.... Should I abandon this policy?"

Destruction of a person's soul is a punishment more suitably called a crime...
"It certainly was disproportionate retribution. Considering the events of the previous Ticks it's hard to remember that not all deaths are permanent. I'll admit that I was definitely wrong in permanently killing them and that's why I'm going to do a bit of time-travelling to bring them back to life. Care to help?"
@KJP: (Could you answer my questions about the idea on OOC, please?)

(Do Golems not have minds?)

"Just thought everyone would like to now, the Lich is causing the tremors."
(Types 4 and 5 Golems do.)

"Why has she not been dealt with yet? Honestly, if not for Fusil's diligence I think there would be quite a bit more angel corpses around and possibly even a dead god or two."
Propose that we permakill the Harbinger of Doom/the Lich

Azem rolls his eyes.

"It's not like we did anything the last time peoples souls were destroyed."
"You're referring to the time that Grauel unleashed his Essence monster on the Human capital? Yes, he certainly managed to escape karmic backlash despite being responsible for far more permanent deaths than I."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 06:16:45 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4544 on: December 21, 2014, 12:35:43 am »

T71

I can't stay long, so here's your little update:

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposals (click to show/hide)

(Andres: I'm reasonably sure I answered your latest question.)

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 475