Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616990 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T79: Gambit pileup
« Reply #4680 on: December 29, 2014, 07:00:17 am »

Tick 79: Gambit pileup

Melyssa has prototyped the Flagellants, a race of long, slender humanoids who gain power through self-damage.

Malakath has noted the blood moons on both planets as mundane lunar events occurring once per season.

"You are a goddess of Blood. Unless you expel or produce blood or are a detached goddess, you probably drink it. Immoderately."

An immense but immaterial Void projection, spherical in shape and covered with expanding and bursting glowing bubbles, has appeared two days after Malakath's proclamation to those on Keshan (and strangely enough, not on Slytha).

"The Llluminants have this message for you, Shadowed One:

'do not touch our children  innocent they are and more precious are they to us than a mullltitude of gods  for every one of ours you harm one of yours we will harm proportionallly past present or future'

I willl be here for this tick to mediate between you and the Llluminants. May you be blessed with the Eye of the Bridgemaker."

(It would cost however much the pact-maker chooses, but they tend to evade containment/storage...)

Kl'Tork has responded to the strange text and has received a large ice block filled with flash-frozen maggots labeled "FROON MEEROOM WIITH LOOVE." Upon closer inspection, various mis-spellings of "MEROM" and "NERON" are inked on all the maggots.

Kli:
"That is interesting and not very reassuring."

"What was that strange announcement about evil and Void?"
"Are there any truly evil? How meaningless anything is when the wise are simply reborn on a similar world!"
"The School of Balance here has expanded to the non-balanced arts. What may we do about this?"

Khaziraad has opened up the Forum of Science in Golem/Gremlin lands to serve as a massive research complex. Its utility as neutral ground is immediately obvious to NUKE and ISAY researchers who hear of it.

Khaziraad has also made all major roads similar to Roman roads in construction and enchanted with supreme durability.

Malakath has allowed for those joining ISAY to be paid.

Fusil has laid out a new branch of magic known as thaumetallurgy based around the control of metal.

The Virtues have left, probably to spread their aligned virtues back in the mortal realm so as to accumulate enough Essence for a perceptible reward.

A massive plague has broken out among the Gruen and has killed off an unexpectedly massive number of them. The highest authorities have passed a plan to reduce population growth and exotic feedings until the cause of the plague can be determined.

This update's constellations are the Dagger and Sword.

(Melyssa: -3E, Khaziraad: -4E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Jealousy, Persuasion, Magic, and Luck. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Heat and Inutility.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: December 29, 2014, 07:36:49 am »

Kli:
"That is interesting and not very reassuring."

"What was that strange announcement about evil and Void?"
"Are there any truly evil? How meaningless anything is when the wise are simply reborn on a similar world!"
"The School of Balance here has expanded to the non-balanced arts. What may we do about this?"

"A strange announcement indeed."
"Evil is rather relative, but a being fully evil is hard to find. As for meaning, the wise, understanding their fate, build upon their knowledge, hoping these foundations will be taken up by the next generation. They have found meaning for themselves. Whether you shall be content with that is up to you alone.
"Retain the main ideologies and beliefs of the School of Balance as the central part of the education, but a different set of studies offers something new. Seek balance in these new 'arts', if you can.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: December 29, 2014, 07:59:37 am »

"You are a goddess of Blood. Unless you expel or produce blood or are a detached goddess, you probably drink it. Immoderately."
"I drink blood about as much as Fusil eats weapons, which is to say I don't and I never have. I have not expelled any blood because I have not been wounded and I produce blood the same as any other mortal being."

'do not touch our children  innocent they are and more precious are they to us than a mullltitude of gods  for every one of ours you harm one of yours we will harm proportionallly past present or future'

I willl be here for this tick to mediate between you and the Llluminants. May you be blessed with the Eye of the Bridgemaker."
"And if they break mortal laws? If they murder? Would they not remain "innocent" afterwards?"

Malakath has allowed for those joining ISAY to be paid.
Before I forget, all the scientists that have already joined are paid for having joined. Wouldn't be fair otherwise.

Fusil has laid out a new branch of magic known as thaumetallurgy based around the control of metal.
"Thaumetallurgy already existed as Elemental metal magic for the most part. The one difference I can see is that by adding in Universal magic - rarely used except as a general bonus, so I must applaud you - to tie in what appears to be Soul, Enchantment, Ritual, and Divine magic to more easily manipulate non-combat applications of metal magic. Still, the practical applications of metal magic seem to have expanded by quite a bit by such a relatively small theoretical addition. A+"

A massive plague has broken out among the Gruen and has killed off an unexpectedly massive number of them. The highest authorities have passed a plan to reduce population growth and exotic feedings until the cause of the plague can be determined.
"This is getting annoying. Based on the pattern I'm seeing, it seems like someone's against the idea of gods having favoured races. First Yaos, then Kl'Tork, and now Grauel. If I were a god of Greed, I'd probably bet to see who the next race would be."
I send all of my angel priests to help manage the Gruen plague.

Propose we remove the concept of disease from the Bubble.

I make an offer to the people of Keshan, Slytha, and Muma - with exceptions to the Armu, Seppo, Gruen, Golems, Gremlins, and any immortal races - that if they want to have their life span tripled they can opt to become blood-drinkers after explaining what becoming a blood-drinker would entail. I will allow for a maximum of 100 on each planet and 50 on Muma to become blood-drinkers. The ones who are most devoted to me while simultaneously not being stupid will be chosen. Evil people are exempted from the selection.

Spoiler: Blood-Drinkers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 04:11:39 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: December 29, 2014, 12:42:46 pm »

"The spy is now dead, murdered by an outside force before I could get even a word from him."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: December 29, 2014, 12:55:57 pm »

KI'Tork convinces an Ogre to Eat the Maggots.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: December 29, 2014, 01:33:03 pm »

"Please tell me its not the stoNe meN all over again but now with weird maggot creatures and my name getting misspelled."

Examine one of the maggots, is it still alive?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: December 29, 2014, 01:43:46 pm »

The plague is an issue but I'm more concerned about something else.

An immense but immaterial Void projection, spherical in shape and covered with expanding and bursting glowing bubbles, has appeared two days after Malakath's proclamation to those on Keshan (and strangely enough, not on Slytha).
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: December 29, 2014, 01:53:06 pm »

KI'Tork orders some Kitchen Elementals and priests to investigate the Void Projection.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: December 29, 2014, 03:06:16 pm »

I find the guy who can bluff anything and hands him a metaphorical megaphone and a physical note reading:

"For every one of my precious followers you harm, I will harm your exponentially! To the power of a billion! We have already found a way to easily destroy all of the Void! In fact, we have done so so long ago that creation is just catching up. You are already dead. And you can't even try to harm us, because you are dead and dead people can't act.

Signed Fusil, dictated but not read."

(Worth a try, right?)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: December 29, 2014, 03:16:22 pm »

"Fusil, I wouldn't recommend alienating the Luminants. They have poor relations, if not an outright war, with the Umbrals, who I suspect to have been behind at least some of our problems. A mêlée à trois is not in our best interests, I would say. We should try to stay at least neutral toward them."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: December 29, 2014, 03:31:56 pm »

"Fusil, I wouldn't recommend alienating the Luminants. They have poor relations, if not an outright war, with the Umbrals, who I suspect to have been behind at least some of our problems. A mêlée à trois is not in our best interests, I would say. We should try to stay at least neutral toward them."

"You wouldn't recommend it. You are buddy buddy with the corrupted Void. They are both the same to me, I do not care who they are fighting as well. Openly talking with them, as you foolishly did, is the sort of thing that attracts them to our bubble! I had attempted to at least keep us hidden, but the idiotic efforts of foolish gods has drawn their attention. Remaining neutral is not an option when something is so obviously happening among the Void worshipers! Do you think I am about to stand by and let their corruption spread? Do you think I will twiddle my thumbs as their rituals complete?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: December 29, 2014, 03:53:34 pm »

Personaly, I too would prefer if you stoped blind rage until you learned enough of them to diferentiate between decoys and actual enemies, Fusil. Let them talk, it is up to you to put any ammount of trust in their words. See if you can use what they say against them. Find what they lie abaut and what they try to hide. Even should you fail to find a tactical advantage, you may be able to convince others of your righteousnes.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: December 29, 2014, 04:16:13 pm »

KI'Tork tells the World that he like pie.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: December 29, 2014, 04:22:45 pm »

"Only one more vote is required for proposal 75.01 to pass. Could any gods who have not voted yet please do? Quéßäre? Darruth?"

Besides Dwarves, Night Elves, Gruen, Armu, Seppo, Golems, Gremlins, and Mumans, which are the top three races which have shown an interest in me?

Is the Keshan dust ring having any (possibly invisible) effect on the Void projection?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: December 29, 2014, 04:26:26 pm »

"Eh, Why not."
Proposal 75.01:Passed
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 475