Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615117 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T80: The Fires of Participation
« Reply #4770 on: December 30, 2014, 06:26:13 pm »

(Now I'm confused, mostly because the GM said it would take Tykki a long time to locate a mortal, and then proceeded to immediately give us an answer. Which no one has commented on yet.)

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: December 30, 2014, 06:26:26 pm »

"Perhaps if I can demonstrate enough evil, the cycle will break and my life will truly have meaning. What do you think of this?"
"You could just be good and worship me. I have an afterlife where people can stay as long as they want and can reincarnate whenever they want. The other gods also have afterlives but if I'm reading this records right it seems that reincarnation in them is inevitable."
"This is also true. Worshipping Malakath will break you out of the cycle. Personally, I believe this world has enough evil already. However, it is your choice alone that matters here."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: December 30, 2014, 06:28:59 pm »

"I Propose that we remove the law created by 75.01. I will continue posting this until it eventually passes. Functionally, you made it so everything will pass or fail in two turns. If this is ever ignored for two turns, it will automatically pass."
Auto-Oppose

Additionally, I propose that any proposal that doesn't pass due to more opposition than support cannot be re-proposed for 10 ticks.[/color][/glow]
Oppose
Propose the above but make it a 4 Ticks thing.

"You people do realise that ALL texts in existence generate an unaligned copy of it in the Great Library, right? There's not a single book in the entire Bubble that doesn't have a copy in the Great Library. Passing my proposal will simply prevent mortals from having access to these books and thus knowing how to summon whatever's being summoned. We can count on the texts not being stolen thanks to the various traps and guardians that Artisanii has implemented since the theft."
Propose destroying all Void things that AREN'T texts, just in case the other gods continue to oppose the proposal to deprive the mortals of Void summoning manuals.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: December 30, 2014, 06:35:05 pm »

And that is why I do all my Void experiements (ex. Does it burn?) on one of uninhabited Gass giant moons.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: December 30, 2014, 06:59:36 pm »

"You people do realise that ALL texts in existence generate an unaligned copy of it in the Great Library, right? There's not a single book in the entire Bubble that doesn't have a copy in the Great Library. Passing my proposal will simply prevent mortals from having access to these books and thus knowing how to summon whatever's being summoned. We can count on the texts not being stolen thanks to the various traps and guardians that Artisanii has implemented since the theft."

"Seeing as Yaos stole them last time, and a God is more powerful then simple traps and Gaurdians, I will continue to keep my backup books. Texts are not the only way to learn, and seeing as they alredy started, it will not stop them."

Propose destroying all Void things that AREN'T texts, just in case the other gods continue to oppose the proposal to deprive the mortals of Void summoning manuals.

"And yet again, you show another problem with your idiotic law. As you can see, he continues to propose almost the same thing, changing it only slightly. He can continue doing this until it is ignore."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: December 30, 2014, 07:01:52 pm »

Propose that instead of using the soul-spawning system as the backbone to population growth, souls will instead naturally form on their own. This proposal will only apply to the races we have created and only where the beings are created via birth (so things like Shinjo and Golems don't grow souls on their own. This'll also make sure that things like chairs don't begin developing souls.) This system is simply supposed to replace the soul-spawn system. Things that are born will still be born with reincarnated souls. This system simply allows for the taking of as many of those reincarnated souls as possible without affecting population numbers or growth. (They'll instead be affected in the ways that they are IRL.)

I forgot. OPPOSE. As before.

And that is why I do all my Void experiements (ex. Does it burn?) on one of uninhabited Gass giant moons.

"What did I tell you about messing with the Void!? And on solid ground no less! You could just as easily study it a million miles away from any creation! Why would you risk corrupting existence for such small bits of knowlage you could easily achieve from the library?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: December 30, 2014, 07:11:20 pm »

"Seeing as Yaos stole them last time, and a God is more powerful then simple traps and Gaurdians, I will continue to keep my backup books. Texts are not the only way to learn, and seeing as they alredy started, it will not stop them."
"I'm just going to give this answer for free. Yaos had nothing to do with the theft. It was likely just a group of mortals."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: December 30, 2014, 07:11:57 pm »

"What did I tell you about messing with the Void!? And on solid ground no less! You could just as easily study it a million miles away from any creation! Why would you risk corrupting existence for such small bits of knowlage you could easily achieve from the library?"

I wouldn't know what you told me, your speech is regulary rendered undecipherable by spelling mistakes.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: December 30, 2014, 07:31:06 pm »

"I'm just going to give this answer for free. Yaos had nothing to do with the theft. It was likely just a group of mortals."

"A group of Mortals made its way to the inner sanctum of the Great Library, removed thousands of books, and made their way out without anyone noticing? Keep in mind, the Great Library is a moon that Mortals can not go to and from as they please, save the Armu. And the Armu had not been given the power to survive the void at that point, so not even they could have done it."

I wouldn't know what you told me, your speech is regulary rendered undecipherable by spelling mistakes.

"....You spelled "regularly" wrong. Is this a joke?"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: December 30, 2014, 07:37:20 pm »

Mostly yes. As amusing as it was to see you intentionaly use "Knowlage" to annoy people, by now it has gotten past dull into tiresome.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: December 30, 2014, 07:43:28 pm »

Mostly yes. As amusing as it was to see you intentionaly use "Knowlage" to annoy people, by now it has gotten past dull into tiresome.

"You spelled "intentionally" wrong, too. If this was coming from anyone else, it might have a point. I can't even quote you without a spelling mistake. I am spelling nothing wrong, knowlage is how it is meant to be said!"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: December 30, 2014, 07:48:11 pm »

Meant to be said, yes, but not writen.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: December 30, 2014, 07:54:52 pm »

Meant to be said, yes, but not writen.

"...But I am saying it."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: December 30, 2014, 08:14:57 pm »

Considering we are presumably in a sort of seperate Council-reserved plane that doesn't, in all likelihood, have air to transmit sound waves...

And besides that, pronunciation-wise it's said 'naw-ledge' or perhaps 'nah-lidge'. Not Noh-lage.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: December 30, 2014, 08:20:51 pm »

Also, I propose something of a compromise, though Fusil doesn't believe in compromise and as such will probably oppose this.

Proposal A: Proposals that pass have essence put into them by both Gods who supported it and Gods who abstained. The share of essence contributed is as follows: 2 shares from each Supporting God, one share from each Abstaining God, and zero shares from each Opposing God. In this way, there will be motivation to vote on an issue one way or another; Supporting counters opposition so it can pass, while Abstaining makes it more likely to pass, but you must assist at least somewhat. I foresee this causing people to want to Abstain so they don't have to put in more essence, but the difference will be miniscule, and if everyone is being made to work together, the discount could be great enough as to not have to spend much, if anything, to accomplish it.

Proposal B: In order for a Proposal to pass, it must be Supported by at least 2(3?) Gods other than the God that put it forward. In this way, one cannot pass a proposal simply because people forget about it. Opposition does not count into this total, and does not counter-act Support; if 3 Gods support something and 2 Gods oppose, it passes, just as if all five Gods supported it. The only difference is the distribution of the Essence responsibility, if any.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 475