Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616582 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T80: The Fires of Participation
« Reply #4785 on: December 30, 2014, 09:49:45 pm »

Proposal A
Oppose. Everyone will just start opposing proposals to get out of paying Essence for something they want nothing to do with.

Proposal B
Oppose. Propose that proposals need to be supported by at least 1 other god.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:45:21 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: December 30, 2014, 10:31:24 pm »

Also, I propose something of a compromise, though Fusil doesn't believe in compromise and as such will probably oppose this.

Proposal A: Proposals that pass have essence put into them by both Gods who supported it and Gods who abstained. The share of essence contributed is as follows: 2 shares from each Supporting God, one share from each Abstaining God, and zero shares from each Opposing God. In this way, there will be motivation to vote on an issue one way or another; Supporting counters opposition so it can pass, while Abstaining makes it more likely to pass, but you must assist at least somewhat. I foresee this causing people to want to Abstain so they don't have to put in more essence, but the difference will be miniscule, and if everyone is being made to work together, the discount could be great enough as to not have to spend much, if anything, to accomplish it.

Proposal B: In order for a Proposal to pass, it must be Supported by at least 2(3?) Gods other than the God that put it forward. In this way, one cannot pass a proposal simply because people forget about it. Opposition does not count into this total, and does not counter-act Support; if 3 Gods support something and 2 Gods oppose, it passes, just as if all five Gods supported it. The only difference is the distribution of the Essence responsibility, if any.

"Oppose both. You reap what you sew. I do not see the need to increase the amount of pointless proposals as everyone else seems to. Look, we already got the Blood God to make half a dozen pointless proposals, why do we need more? What is the purpose for increasing the amount of proposals?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: December 30, 2014, 10:53:53 pm »

Support both Proposal B and Malakath's modification of it.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: December 30, 2014, 11:09:45 pm »

Oppose. Propose that proposals need to be supported by at least 1 other god.

"Oppose that, too.

And, as the God of Blood is doing, I will simply walk around all of the auto-rejects, by simply making a minor modification that does not effect the bill. I do not see why you insist on continuing with this law."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: December 30, 2014, 11:40:44 pm »

"My intent isn't to "walk around" the rejection of the proposals. I make a proposal that I think should be passed but that other people don't because of one or more parts of the proposal, so then I remove those parts or alter them so we're left with a proposal that we both agree should pass. It's not gaming, it's compromising."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: December 31, 2014, 12:13:03 am »

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
"You reap what you sew. I do not see the need to increase the amount of pointless proposals as everyone else seems to. Look, we already got the Blood God to make half a dozen pointless proposals, why do we need more? What is the purpose for increasing the amount of proposals?"
"Maybe to repair this oh-so-terrible situation that you complain about? Your complaints are valid, but see how our voter activity increased? Right now we need to reform this system to a more sustainable one, and blame yourself if you don't participate and something that you don't like comes to passing. Too bad you haven't much clout beyond threatening to murder anyone opposing you, at least in my eyes."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: December 31, 2014, 12:45:53 am »

Oppose Proposals only needing the support of one additional God.

That kinda ruins the point of it, since I'm trying to prevent short small team-ups from doing the sneaky bastard thing and passing them under the nose of the council.

The primary point of Proposal A is make Council motions actually worth a damn. As it is now, it's just the gods who support it working together as they would anything else. All making it into a proposal does is give others an opportunity to reject it. If a motion passing meant the entire Council would work together to get it done, however...And yes, it would lead to people opposing votes. That's the point. If you only want to do it with 2 or 3 gods, just do it and be done. Don't bother the council with it.

Auto-oppose all forms of Fusil trying to fuck with the 75.01 law.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: December 31, 2014, 01:15:53 am »

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
"You reap what you sew. I do not see the need to increase the amount of pointless proposals as everyone else seems to. Look, we already got the Blood God to make half a dozen pointless proposals, why do we need more? What is the purpose for increasing the amount of proposals?"
"Maybe to repair this oh-so-terrible situation that you complain about? Your complaints are valid, but see how our voter activity increased? Right now we need to reform this system to a more sustainable one, and blame yourself if you don't participate and something that you don't like comes to passing. Too bad you haven't much clout beyond threatening to murder anyone opposing you, at least in my eyes."

"As I said before, I do not see the reason why increasing the amount of votes passing around is a good thing. If anything, it is needless paper work. Before, if someone particularly liked or hated something, they would vote on it. If they where apathetic about it, then they could let it die. Now they are forced into petty action, either wasting essence on supporting something or being forced into eternal vigilance, having to shoot down bad proposals every two ticks before it manages to pass. We gained nothing from changing the law, and it looks like we will loose a lot."

The primary point of Proposal A is make Council motions actually worth a damn. As it is now, it's just the gods who support it working together as they would anything else. All making it into a proposal does is give others an opportunity to reject it. If a motion passing meant the entire Council would work together to get it done, however...And yes, it would lead to people opposing votes. That's the point. If you only want to do it with 2 or 3 gods, just do it and be done. Don't bother the council with it.

"I don't want Council motions to be "actually worth a damn", and do no see why anyone would. I prefer it toothless and out of the way. This is a problem inherent in the new voting system, it would be better just to go back to the old one."

"I propose we ban auto-opposals. I autoproppose this!"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: December 31, 2014, 01:21:07 am »

"I propose we ban auto-opposals. I autoproppose this!"
Oppose

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: December 31, 2014, 01:22:25 am »

Also, I propose something of a compromise, though Fusil doesn't believe in compromise and as such will probably oppose this.

Proposal A: Proposals that pass have essence put into them by both Gods who supported it and Gods who abstained. The share of essence contributed is as follows: 2 shares from each Supporting God, one share from each Abstaining God, and zero shares from each Opposing God. In this way, there will be motivation to vote on an issue one way or another; Supporting counters opposition so it can pass, while Abstaining makes it more likely to pass, but you must assist at least somewhat. I foresee this causing people to want to Abstain so they don't have to put in more essence, but the difference will be miniscule, and if everyone is being made to work together, the discount could be great enough as to not have to spend much, if anything, to accomplish it.

Proposal B: In order for a Proposal to pass, it must be Supported by at least 2(3?) Gods other than the God that put it forward. In this way, one cannot pass a proposal simply because people forget about it. Opposition does not count into this total, and does not counter-act Support; if 3 Gods support something and 2 Gods oppose, it passes, just as if all five Gods supported it. The only difference is the distribution of the Essence responsibility, if any.

"Support."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T81: The Ice of Stalemates
« Reply #4795 on: December 31, 2014, 06:52:57 am »

Tick 80: The Ice of Stalemates

(Atropos and Fusil were, but it wasn't worded clearly. The intention was to convey that with Atropos and Fusil's assistance, the Library's proprietors refused Malakath's instruction.)

Azem:
"I wish to have a hoard of shinies, just like a Gem Dragon!"
"Behold our grand launcher-of-carts-of-gold-on-rails! With every shot and enemy crushed, it honors you!"
"My visions show a war may be coming, Golden One."

Melyssa:
"Why is our torture not working? We already have the Thick Chair and the Bitter Bean Tea and are shouting!"
"Look what I can do to my shoulders!"
"What are those strange short fleshy creatures?"

Atropos:
Holy one: An old priest who died while sleeping one day
"Can I play cards now?"
"The bell shall toll again tonight."

Malakath and Kli:
"I think I shall try being evil, then. Thank you for your discussion."

The evil person proceeds to pound and kick a neighbor's door in the middle of the night. Fortuitously, there was an unnoticed fire inside which the neighbors slept through until the knocking roused the entire family. The family thanks the evil person greatly.

Most mortals who do want to triple their lifespan would rather use "natural" methods. Interestingly, many of them mention that a certain other god would probably subvert the tripling by adding the time seconds before death or something similarly awful. Malakath has reached the quota for Keshan and Slytha, but the Mumans, Gruen, and Armu on Muma leave something to be desired. For the Mumans, old age is seen as a luxury reserved for those wealthy enough to avoid mine duty.

The Sick Ogre seems to have severe pain throughout the abdominal area.

(Tykki is probably still searching. The Oracle response is fresh and was published anonymously by someone else.)

Cim and Fusil have managed to silence and disrupt the Void projection previously present. It emits only a rushing sound and looks a lot like one of Varee's forms.

The Virtues may be coming soon.

This update's constellations are the Lance and Lady. Solar activity is anomalously high for Slytha's sun.

(Darruth: -2E, Cim: -2E, Fusil: -2E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (13) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (11) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Fortresses, Chaos, Air, and Magic. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Degradation and Hospitality.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 07:31:52 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: December 31, 2014, 07:26:39 am »

"My visions show a war may be coming, Golden One."
"What sort of visions are these?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: December 31, 2014, 07:26:59 am »

80.02: Change to Oppose.
80.03: Oppose.
80.05.1: Change to Oppose.
80.07: Claim obsolescence, failing that: Oppose. "The only way to enforce this would be to literally forbid opposing a revived proposal. That goes against the principles of voting on this Council or anywhere."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: December 31, 2014, 09:13:49 am »

Part of 80.03 was that ALL gods must contribute to the proposal. If this is not already a part of the proposal, then Abstain.

Oppose 80.05.3

The evil person proceeds to pound and kick a neighbor's door in the middle of the night. Fortuitously, there was an unnoticed fire inside which the neighbors slept through until the knocking roused the entire family. The family thanks the evil person greatly.
Nice use of the butterfly effect. I wonder why it was a secret action, though.

Most mortals who do want to triple their lifespan would rather use "natural" methods. Interestingly, many of them mention that a certain other god would probably subvert the tripling by adding the time seconds before death or something similarly awful. Malakath has reached the quota for Keshan and Slytha, but the Mumans, Gruen, and Armu on Muma leave something to be desired. For the Mumans, old age is seen as a luxury reserved for those wealthy enough to avoid mine duty.
How about this: the more you age, the faster you do (once adulthood is reached). That way, they get to enjoy the best part of their lives as much as they can while they suffer the worst parts for as little as possible.
What quota?
Obviously, this is just another case of the entrenched bourgeoisie oppressing and exploiting the working class proletariat. This calls for a revolution! I officially abolish mining in that area and allow the common man to try their old masters in whatever way they see fit.

"I'd like to ask permission before I do, but is it ok with you if were to create some weapon spirits? I'm thinking about making one for myself and maybe some for my angel priests. Since weapon spirits are kind of your thing I'm just trying to make sure I'm not crossing a line here."
"I do not care what you create, if it is based off my design or no."
Well alrighty then.

I create the Soul Item - a manifestation of a branched soul. These Soul Items come in two flavours - Soul Weapons and Soul Protectors.
Spoiler: Soul Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Soul Protectors (click to show/hide)

(I'm rather sleepy so if there are any design flaws just let me know and I'll correct them.)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 08:19:14 am by Andres »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: December 31, 2014, 09:23:41 am »

KI'Tork feeds the Ogre a few aspirins and some stomach medicine to calm him down.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 475