Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615159 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T81: The Ice of Stalemates
« Reply #4815 on: December 31, 2014, 06:20:07 pm »

Me: I propose we do A, B, C, and D.
Other god: I don't like C! Oppose!
Me: Fine. I still think we should do A, B, and D, though. I propose that we do those but we don't do C.
Other god: You're just making a small change to get the proposal passed! Oppose!
Me: ಠ_ಠ

Stop putting so much in one proposal then? A,B,C, and D could each be their own. If you did that in the first place, your problem would be solved!
You do realise the problem there, right? My last proposal that said how my Arbiter power can be kept in check only makes sense when combined with my first proposal defining what an arbiter does. Also, if I were to make A, B, C, and D on their own, I'd start getting complaints about making too many proposals or making so many proposals that other gods can't oppose in time, leading them to auto-oppose anything I propose.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: December 31, 2014, 06:24:26 pm »

Propose that I gain the official Council title of Arbiter of Magic. Basically, while gods are free to define and argue about how magic works as much as they want, it'll be my job to mediate these and standardise them and I will ultimately have final say over these things. It will also be my job to classify and categorise new magic systems (what attunements they fall under, for example) to make them easier for gods and mortals (and the GM) to understand and work with.

How abaut NO. Documenting and cataloguing magic? Go ahead, knock yourself out. Having ability to veto and/or change any new magic gods come up with? Why, come here and help me work out some "Fist-to-face" magic quirks. I need a face for testing and yours would be just fine. We havent ever needed such moderation, why would we need it now?

I start energy-blasting the Spooky City. "Anyone interested in helping?"

How abaut you don't do that. Dust ring enchantments are gradualy erasing whatever remnants of Void influence are in there, and energy blasts, while being real good for spreading Void influence around, are real crap when it comes to destroying it.

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: December 31, 2014, 06:30:50 pm »

How abaut you don't do that. Dust ring enchantments are gradualy erasing whatever remnants of Void influence are in there, and energy blasts, while being real good for spreading Void influence around, are real crap when it comes to destroying it.

"The energy-blasting is actually to kill the monsters inside the cities. Once that's done, me and my angels will dig out the city and throw it into the sun."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: December 31, 2014, 06:46:06 pm »

You want to throw a huge chunk of Void infestation into the sun. A thing that constantly spits out photons on evrything we have created. After finding out that energy blasts do fuck all when it comes to destroying Void influence. Do you see a flaw in this plan yet?

As for bombing to kill void monsters, I take my words back. That is actualy a good idea. It will give me a chance to find out if they respawn/spawn from void energies that infest the city.

Create 500 angels identical in form and power to my original five.
Improve my five original angels.
Asign each improved angel 100 lesser angels to command as they will.
Send One of the originals and it's fleet to bomb city with whatever they come up with.

Spoiler: Improvement (click to show/hide)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: December 31, 2014, 09:18:57 pm »

Since Khaziraad's angels are handling the bombing, I'll go check out the Keshan sun instead.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: January 01, 2015, 12:33:57 pm »

"Could you all shut up? You're giving me a headache." *Divine Moan*

Support 80.02.4
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: January 01, 2015, 03:45:55 pm »

Check on Merfolk; it would be unfair to ignore them, and I have been, which is doubly unfair. The Chiracyx will assist in bringing Goodness to them, since they're amphibious. Shouldn't be too hard, since they're already aligned to it.

Oppose Malakath being final arbitrator on magic.
Yeah no that'd be like making Fusil the final arbitrator on war or me the final arbitrator on morality. Actually, no, it wouldn't, because you're not the god of Magic. It'd be like making me the final arbitrator on war, Fusil the final arbitrator on morality, and Azem the final arbitrator on cupcake baking competitions, while Khaziraad got to be the final arbitrator of what everyone else's Temples and Churches get/have to include.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: January 01, 2015, 03:51:24 pm »

I like to think that I have more to do with architectural temple style than Azem does with baking but whatever.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T80: The Fires of Participation
« Reply #4823 on: January 01, 2015, 04:02:13 pm »

You do, Khaziraad. However, it would be on a similar level of ridiculousness of Azem being in charge of all baking competitions, as you deciding for everyone else what their temples had to look like.

((As long as I don't go Dormant, you're damn right I do))

Grauel, we have been on good terms in the past, I believe, and so I will not demand anything. I will ask if you could please...compensate...myself and the others who lost archangels after the Pointless War, as I believe you- Actually, wait a second. While it might have been you on accident with that ash eating thing...in trying to confirm by checking Essence reports around the time...

Quéßäre...you went down an essence from tick 56 to tick 57. Why was that? I can find no record of you spending essence during that time.

That makes me curious, though I find it doubtful I would be able to learn the truth, should you wish to prevent me.

That said...Grauel, I would ask you if you could please try to do something to make up for permanently killing our archangels. I apologize for being forced to suspect you in this manner, but I cannot see who else would have done it, and I do not believe you did it on purpose. But purposefully or not...as an analogy, one does not simply say 'it was an accident' if, while dancing, you punch someone in the face. One apologizes and tries to make up for it. Or if you eat someone's dog without realizing it...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: January 01, 2015, 05:38:18 pm »

KI'Tork speaks to Kobold Da-Vinci

"My Faith-full follower you have served me well, Now you may serve me better."

KI'Tork grants the Immortal Kobold 10 times the Durability,Strength, Intelligence,And Agility of an average Human,Along with being able to regenerate and shut pain on and off at will, He also gives the Kobold the ability to read minds and preform miracles, Such as walking on water, Smiting a Bandit and so on, KI'Tork also gives the Kobold the ability to speak directly to him every turn if he wishes. Wherever the Immortal Kobold goes crops will grow faster,animals will become fatter, and if he wills it he will be able to temporarily satisfy even a Gruen. KI'Tork makes the Immortal Kobold feel guilt whenever he stays in one place and doesn't attempt to convert followers. He gives The Immortal the ability to warp back and forth between worlds.

" I dub thee THE IMMORTALL WILL OF KI'TORK!Now go forth and change the Multiverse!"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: January 01, 2015, 05:56:07 pm »

People tend to simply create an angel/prophet for such things. So as not to rob somone of their free will. But the recompense is pretty nice in this ocasion, he probably won't mind.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: January 01, 2015, 09:19:22 pm »

"My essence was spent fortifying my High-Elves to protect them from Fusil's threats. I hope you will believe me, but I'll understand if you don't."

"To be precise, I placed a spell over their capitol that protects it from other Gods. I've been building it up over time to ensure their safety."
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 09:55:20 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: January 01, 2015, 09:30:26 pm »

Oppose Malakath being final arbitrator on magic. Yeah no that'd be like making Fusil the final arbitrator on war or me the final arbitrator on morality. Actually, no, it wouldn't, because you're not the god of Magic. It'd be like making me the final arbitrator on war, Fusil the final arbitrator on morality, and Azem the final arbitrator on cupcake baking competitions, while Khaziraad got to be the final arbitrator of what everyone else's Temples and Churches get/have to include.
"So forget my contributions to magic, forget my efforts in categorising and explaining magic, and just disallow me this on the fact that Magic isn't my sphere. In my opinion, Azem should be the final arbitrator on cupcake baking competitions if he's had a long history of setting up and managing such competitions. Perhaps we should assign roles based on experience rather than inheritance? Especially considering that there IS no god of Magic and it's possible that there may never be."

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4828 on: January 01, 2015, 09:51:34 pm »

Oppose Malakath being final arbitrator on magic. Yeah no that'd be like making Fusil the final arbitrator on war or me the final arbitrator on morality. Actually, no, it wouldn't, because you're not the god of Magic. It'd be like making me the final arbitrator on war, Fusil the final arbitrator on morality, and Azem the final arbitrator on cupcake baking competitions, while Khaziraad got to be the final arbitrator of what everyone else's Temples and Churches get/have to include.
"So forget my contributions to magic, forget my efforts in categorising and explaining magic, and just disallow me this on the fact that Magic isn't my sphere. In my opinion, Azem should be the final arbitrator on cupcake baking competitions if he's had a long history of setting up and managing such competitions. Perhaps we should assign roles based on experience rather than inheritance? Especially considering that there IS no god of Magic and it's possible that there may never be."
Serac confirmed as High King of Pastries?
And stores? Air ships?
Ooh! Then I get to be arbitrator of prophecy, because I have the most experience with it?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: January 01, 2015, 10:02:39 pm »

"It was a bad example. Having an arbiter of magic to manage its complexity would probably be rather useful."
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 475