Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615113 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T85: Distilled Fear
« Reply #4950 on: January 05, 2015, 11:45:04 am »

"That depends, Which sun are we talking about?"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: January 05, 2015, 11:54:30 am »

Fortuna

I will appear in the places in which the superstition that mentioning "luck" or "Fortuna" is most dearly held, and I'll appear in person at tables that are fully occupied by some influential (read: moneyed) folks, and materialise a chair from nowhere to join their game. I'll basically be heavily suggesting that I am the god of Luck, but anyone at the table who mentions either the word "luck" or "Fortuna" will have something unpleasant happen to them, such as a chair leg snapping or a short streak of losses. Should anyone require proof of my godliness, I'll ask one of them to flip a coin, and it lands on its side, no matter who does it, or how many times it is done.

Once they're convinced, I'll encourage them to build a temple to Fortuna - containing a gambling hall in each one - and subtly suggest that they should encourage everyone who wants to keep my favour to donate a small portion of their winnings to the temple. This money will then be used to fund public works and help those that are *ahem* down on their luck.

"Gods and goddesses, it has come to our attention that people are making pacts with the Void for common, everyday things because they don't have access to magic. It is a vital necessity that we end this practice by allowing all sapients access to magic. Despite the ambiguous Essence cost listed for such a proposal, I believe that it will cost little to nothing if we were to enact it."
"While we're on the subject, I propose that Void-worshippers will not be able to use magic. If the Void wants a place in our universe, it'll have to abide by our laws."

I Support this proposal, but oppose making all sapients magic capable. A significant number of these beings could band together to oppose our godhood! That's an unacceptable potential.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: January 05, 2015, 12:04:22 pm »

"The Slythan sun that keeps acting weird. We might as well destroy it before it does something, besides what use is a sun anyway? The nasty thing is always spreading heat and driving back the cold!"

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: January 05, 2015, 12:11:58 pm »

"Good idea, What if we both pooled our Essence and replace it with a Giant Lightbulb?"

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: January 05, 2015, 12:13:09 pm »

"The Slythan sun that keeps acting weird. We might as well destroy it before it does something, besides what use is a sun anyway? The nasty thing is always spreading heat and driving back the cold!"

Have you considered moving your followers to gass giant moons where it is hundret below freezzzing at all times of the year?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: January 05, 2015, 01:51:02 pm »

"Sure KI` Tork, if your willing to contribute half the cost I will contribute half the cost to replacing the sun."

Have you considered moving your followers to gass giant moons where it is hundret below freezzzing at all times of the year?

"Yes, but it seems so much simpler to just nuke the sun instead."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: January 05, 2015, 01:57:02 pm »

"Hmm, I currently only have 7 Essence, Perhaps we could split the cost between the entire council?"

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: January 05, 2015, 02:08:30 pm »

"Not sure others would agree with our wonderful idea....maybe I should give 80% percent of the essence and you can do the rest instead."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: January 05, 2015, 02:10:03 pm »

"Be aware that destroying the sun is likely to cause a megadeath, and that isn't very fun."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: January 05, 2015, 02:35:53 pm »

"Be aware, that destroying the sun is likely to cause generous lethal smacks to evryone involved."
#2: 88 glass spiders have arrived to search for the inventor, who seems to have been deactivated and placed in a cell. They detect no significant Void influence. The heart seems to have a built-in pump and can theoretically pump liquids as dense as seawater, but it appears to have been designed to pump the rusty liquid infested with organics.
An in-built pump. Remarkable. Did you think this up to emulate heartbeat of organic races? Nevertheless, while blood is rather unneccecary for Golems, fuel can verry well be used to retain mobility in cold regions for extended ammounts of time. Though in-built pump is not strictly required for inner heating chamber, it certainly would make regulating heat so much easyer. I believe you have just created the foundation for Golem exploration within cold regions of the planet. Well done.

Create a letter of aproval containing relevant data of Inventior and his invention. Charm the letter so that anyone reading it would be absolutely certain that it was writen by me. Return inventior and heart back to their original position.

In case anyone atempts to destroy either sun, obstruct them and send Kyloth to smack some sense into them.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: January 05, 2015, 02:40:54 pm »

"80% isn't quite fair, how about you contribute 70% and I'll give the rest, And in order to prevent the Mega-Death we'll create the Lightbulb and then we'll gradually cycle the sun out of the solar system and eventually the Lightbulb will replace it and we can recycle the Sun and split the Essence. How about we start a Pantheon, Because none can be Satisfied in ignorance."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T83: Dissolve the Opposition?
« Reply #4961 on: January 05, 2015, 05:14:38 pm »

Check up on what the Lords of Hunger are doing.

(Should have bolded that before.)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: January 05, 2015, 06:00:26 pm »

KI'Tork convinces his more sadistic worshipers that they should worship Melyssa alongside him.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 06:04:10 pm by LuckyKobold »

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: January 05, 2015, 06:08:24 pm »

"How about we start a Pantheon, Because none can be Satisfied in ignorance."
"YES!"

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: January 05, 2015, 06:12:00 pm »

"DOUBLE YES! I Sense that we shall be the best of friends."
KI'Tork gives Neron an Earth Shaking High Five and proceeds to Tell his worshipers why they should follow Neron alongside him.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:33:23 pm by LuckyKobold »
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 475