Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616681 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T89: Trouble brewing
« Reply #5220 on: January 10, 2015, 12:06:57 am »

Propose that the Slythan sun be anti-Void, the same way the Keshan dust ring is. Since this is a grand action, ALL gods must contribute to this proposal if it passes.

"Oppose. I am not paying for something that has proven to be ineffective. It will only set us down the wrong road. Has the dust ring shown to be useful in any way? Making the sun a target is also a bad idea. Even if you wanted to go this route, there are better things to put the enchantment on."

Create 3 Million Sentinels. Varying types. Go to WAR on the parasites. My priests will work to help cleanse those unfortunate souls infected, if they can be saved. They shall do so in safety, with the appropriate wards and protective enchantments cast on them beforehand.

"Way to rip off the Vindico. Weren't you against making expendable armies? I suppose you are the God of hypocrites..."

"As I said before, I can easily clean up the parasites if you just get your followers out of my way. Evacuate the cities and I will clear them..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: January 10, 2015, 12:17:32 am »

"Oppose. I am not paying for something that has proven to be ineffective. It will only set us down the wrong road. Has the dust ring shown to be useful in any way? Making the sun a target is also a bad idea. Even if you wanted to go this route, there are better things to put the enchantment on."
"Firstly, the dust ring is small and weak and as such its removal of Void Influence is slow and similarly weak. The sun is large and powerful and as such its anti-Void properties will be much more potent, reflected in its price. Secondly, how will it set us down the wrong road? It would completely remove all of the Void's power in the system. No mutations, no contact with the Void, no manifestation-summoning, nothing. Thirdly, I am making some Nature Spirits that will guard the sun and warn us if anyone is going to attack it. Now, what do you mean by "better things" to put the enchantment on?"

"As I said before, I can easily clean up the parasites if you just get your followers out of my way. Evacuate the cities and I will clear them..."
"That is generous. I will evacuate all nearby towns immediately."

I, all flight-capable Bellators, and my angel priests will begin evacuation of nearby towns.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: January 10, 2015, 12:29:04 am »

"Firstly, the dust ring is small and weak and as such its removal of Void Influence is slow and similarly weak. The sun is large and powerful and as such its anti-Void properties will be much more potent, reflected in its price. Secondly, how will it set us down the wrong road? It would completely remove all of the Void's power in the system. No mutations, no contact with the Void, no manifestation-summoning, nothing. Thirdly, I am making some Nature Spirits that will guard the sun and warn us if anyone is going to attack it. Now, what do you mean by "better things" to put the enchantment on?"

"Do you understand the workings of anything? The size of the object doesn't matter. A stone could remove the void influence just as well as the sun can. Why would you think otherwise? The objects physical properties have nothing to do with their blessing. It would not remove them from the system. It wouldn't even slow them down. Do you not yet understand that you know nothing of the void? Your last attempt doubled the amount of Void worship. Did that not teach you how ignorant you are? Listen to me. I am one of the few who know anything about it. I mean you could enchant something else to have the exact same effect, without making a valuable object a target. A forest, a mountain, or even a statue could be made that has the exact same effect, without putting the planet at risk."

"That is generous. I will evacuate all nearby towns immediately."

"These things targeted my followers specifically at the start. Stopping them from multiplying is simply common since."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: January 10, 2015, 12:48:54 am »

"Way to rip off the Vindico. Weren't you against making expendable armies? I suppose you are the God of hypocrites..."

You have no real idea what the Sentinels are, do you?

Nor how long I've been planning them, I wager.

No matter. I have doubts as to your ability to stop them that easily, as you said the same two ticks ago. At this point, we need a broader approach.

Additionally, Viminal seems to be powerful enough at purifying to undo Void contracts about constructing things...not very quickly, though. Nonetheless, this is good.

Guardian Angels and Templars are to work on protection duty; keep the parasites from infecting any more people.

"The Humans don't have a patron deity any more. Don't you think you should've started helping at least since the last Tick?"
((Yesterday was a swim meet and I had to do make-up work. >.>))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #5224 on: January 10, 2015, 01:01:48 am »

No matter. I have doubts as to your ability to stop them that easily, as you said the same two ticks ago. At this point, we need a broader approach.
"His" method works! Just ring a bell, and all the monsters crumble!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: January 10, 2015, 01:09:14 am »

Oppose making the Slythan sun anti-void

As Fusil said, you don't seem to have much of an idea on how the Void works. Throwing around ideas hasn't worked before, why would it work now?

If you really want to help, join the committee and study the bloody thing. At least in knowing how it works, we can limit any damage it might do, if not put an outright end to it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: January 10, 2015, 01:15:27 am »

You have no real idea what the Sentinels are, do you?

Nor how long I've been planning them, I wager.

Additionally, Viminal seems to be powerful enough at purifying to undo Void contracts about constructing things...not very quickly, though. Nonetheless, this is good.

Guardian Angels and Templars are to work on protection duty; keep the parasites from infecting any more people.

"My towns are safe, if you want to doubt the one person who can pretty clearly defeat the enemy easily that is your problem. You seem to assume I haven't been watching you closely enough to notice some things about a group of three million. It is fairly obviose what they are. He isn't strong enough to break constructs made by Void contracts. By the looks of it, he is able to only weaken it a bit. Even then, the ring did nothing to it or anything else, and there is no reason to assume that a sun would.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: January 10, 2015, 01:18:27 am »

"Your last attempt doubled the amount of Void worship. Did that not teach you how ignorant you are? Listen to me. I am one of the few who know anything about it."
"It didn't double Void-worship - it doubled Void Influence. You did not oppose it in any way - either with a formal opposition or simply by speaking against it. If you know so much about the Void, then why don't you tell us exactly what to do to beat the Void and explain how those methods would beat it. Can you at least explain how Void Influence doubled simply by preventing Eldritch magic?"

"I mean you could enchant something else to have the exact same effect, without making a valuable object a target. A forest, a mountain, or even a statue could be made that has the exact same effect, without putting the planet at risk."
"Enchanting such things would not be able to remove Void Influence from the entire planet. It takes an entire dust ring just to remove Void Influence from Keshan at its current rate. Combining anti-Void enchantment with the raw power of the sun is the only option we have at removing Void Influence with any decent amount of speed, preventing all but the most powerful of Void spells from being made manifest, and depowering such spells to the point where its effects can be easily negated by other means."

(I'm correct in thinking that the sun's physical properties will make its anti-Void properties better, right GM?)

Veto all attempts to damage or destroy the Keshan and Slythan suns.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:25:05 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: January 10, 2015, 01:24:38 am »

"Enchanting such things would not be able to remove Void Influence from the entire planet. It takes an entire dust ring just to remove Void Influence from Keshan at its current rate. Combining anti-Void enchantment with the raw power of the sun is the only option we have at removing Void Influence with any decent amount of speed, preventing all but the most powerful of Void spells from being made manifest, and depowering such spells to the point where its effects can be easily negated by other means."

What about other potential effects of making the sun anti-void? Do you know, for absolutely certain, that it won't have any unwanted side-effects? It is, after all a sun, which provides a great deal of energy for the life on the planet. I don't want all life to end because you made an incredibly uninformed decision to deal with the Void and its influence.

The last thing you did doubled Void-influence. You're not exactly reliable when it comes to dealing with it effectively...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: January 10, 2015, 01:31:11 am »

As Fusil said, you don't seem to have much of an idea on how the Void works. Throwing around ideas hasn't worked before, why would it work now?

If you really want to help, join the committee and study the bloody thing. At least in knowing how it works, we can limit any damage it might do, if not put an outright end to it.

"Why would I want to join the committee? There is no point to its existence. Any god can freely study the Void without being in it. Maybe if committee-members were the only ones capable of communicating with the Void its existence might make a modicum of sense but that proposal was shot down for reasons I cannot remember. Why even bother studying the Void? No one's even bothering to release what information they've gathered until it's immediately relevant."

What about other potential effects of making the sun anti-void? Do you know, for absolutely certain, that it won't have any unwanted side-effects? It is, after all a sun, which provides a great deal of energy for the life on the planet. I don't want all life to end because you made an incredibly uninformed decision to deal with the Void and its influence.

The last thing you did doubled Void-influence. You're not exactly reliable when it comes to dealing with it effectively...

"Yes, I am absolutely certain it will have no unwanted side-effects. If it did, then we would've seen some on a smaller scale with the Keshan dust ring. All it would do is remove Void Influence. Besides, if it were to remove all life on the planet - which it's won't, I'm sure either Joha or Atropos would know."

"Name one other god who has been reliable with dealing with it. Not other gods who've dealt with it - that's happened, but those who've dealt with it reliably. At least my policy of "Do specifically anti-Void things in the hopes of countering their efforts" is better than Fusil's "Ignore them and hope they'll be really, really nice and will start leaving us alone." Some things work and other things don't. My idea to block their magic didn't work. Maybe my next idea will. All I know is that I'm the only one coming up with ideas."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:33:08 am by Andres »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: January 10, 2015, 01:49:12 am »

You're the only one coming up with ideas publicly.

We need to learn more about the Void, as I keep saying, so I propose the following:

The committee to study the Void is the only entity able to do so, and it must always have at least three gods sitting in(on?) it. Gods on the committee will rotate every three ticks, either at random, by lottery or by vote. The gods on the committee must study the void at least once per tick, costs - if any - to be shared amongst them. They must publicly announce their findings. Any gods that have done private research into the Void must also reveal the entirety of what they know of the Void.

Any objections or modifications?

I would also like to point out a dust ring is not a sun. One is galactic detritus trapped in a gravity well, the other is a nuclear engine fueling existence. I would appreciate that you do some research, perhaps by doing this small-scale in a private plane, before you mess with life itself.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: January 10, 2015, 02:00:40 am »

"It didn't double Void-worship - it doubled Void Influence. You did not oppose it in any way - either with a formal opposition or simply by speaking against it. If you know so much about the Void, then why don't you tell us exactly what to do to beat the Void and explain how those methods would beat it. Can you at least explain how Void Influence doubled simply by preventing Eldritch magic?"

"I have a few theories, but unlike you, refuse to share them until I have proof. I do not have any reason to throw incorrect theories around, it will only harm everyone if everyone starts believing lies about the Void."

"Yes, I am absolutely certain it will have no unwanted side-effects. If it did, then we would've seen some on a smaller scale with the Keshan dust ring. All it would do is remove Void Influence. Besides, if it were to remove all life on the planet - which it's won't, I'm sure either Joha or Atropos would know."

"Why would they know? Up to date, they have not had any kind of knowlage on mass killings, no more so than I have of a bunch of weapons being produced."

"Name one other god who has been reliable with dealing with it. Not other gods who've dealt with it - that's happened, but those who've dealt with it reliably. At least my policy of "Do specifically anti-Void things in the hopes of countering their efforts" is better than Fusil's "Ignore them and hope they'll be really, really nice and will start leaving us alone." Some things work and other things don't. My idea to block their magic didn't work. Maybe my next idea will. All I know is that I'm the only one coming up with ideas."

"Throwing around stupid ideas doesn't help anyone. Some evidence suggests that you actively verbally threatening the Void followers was a factor in the recent summoning attempt. In other words, you actions aren't just stupid and pointless, but making things worse. You can't just try stupid things. Why don't you just keep flying into the sun? That seemed to have been your best idea so far. At least it wasn't counter productive."

"No, it doesn't. You are being stupid again. Like I said, magic properties are separate from physical ones in cases like this. There is absolutely zero reason a sun would be more effective than any other object. Even if it was as effective as you think it would be, it would do nothing to prevent large void ceremonies or magic."

The committee to study the Void is the only entity able to do so, and it must always have at least three gods sitting in(on?) it. Gods on the committee will rotate every three ticks, either at random, by lottery or by vote. The gods on the committee must study the void at least once per tick, costs - if any - to be shared amongst them. They must publicly announce their findings. Any gods that have done private research into the Void must also reveal the entirety of what they know of the Void.

"Oppose. I don't like the Void committee and am quite happy to see its efforts come to nothing. Dealing with the Void directly is stupid in every way, there is no reason to do it when we have much safer ways. Trying to reveal what we know of the Void will simply bring a lot of false information from people like the God of Blood who think they know things that they don't."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: January 10, 2015, 03:09:19 am »

Any objections or modifications?
"I'm starting to like you. Let's see, now. First of all, I think that committee members should join of their own free will. Studying the Void could be hazardous to one's health, after all. To provide incentive to join the committee, the gods will be granted 1E every Tick to be subsidised by the other gods (the discount should kick in). Every three Ticks, each of the gods in the committee must show proof of their study or else be voted off the committee by the other gods. There's no way to enforce the rule that all private research must be shared with the other gods, unfortunately. If this committee proposal passes, I'd be willing to organise all research into a single document for viewing."

"Why would they know? Up to date, they have not had any kind of knowlage on mass killings, no more so than I have of a bunch of weapons being produced."
(I'm thinking they would get an announcement from GM like "Hey! This thing is detrimental to life! You would intrinsically know this because your spheres are aligned in such a way!" Really, though, I think all gods should have that kind of knowledge of their actions. We're not Humans, after all, we're nigh-omniscient, transcendent beings of pure creation. It's rather unfortunate that we (pl.) are just Humans though, so these kinds of things need to be told to us.)

"Dealing with the Void directly is stupid in every way, there is no reason to do it when we have much safer ways."
"For the love of the gods, Fusil, could you please tell us what these "safer ways" are?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: January 10, 2015, 03:16:56 am »

"I'm starting to like you. Let's see, now. First of all, I think that committee members should join of their own free will. Studying the Void could be hazardous to one's health, after all. To provide incentive to join the committee, the gods will be granted 1E every Tick to be subsidised by the other gods (the discount should kick in). Every three Ticks, each of the gods in the committee must show proof of their study or else be voted off the committee by the other gods. There's no way to enforce the rule that all private research must be shared with the other gods, unfortunately. If this committee proposal passes, I'd be willing to organise all research into a single document for viewing."

"Still against. Essence discount doesn't work like that, or we would have infinite essence essentially. We can't turn three essence to five. Studying such a thing in such a dangerous way is just foolish. You might as well just have the God of Hunger eat all Void related things and hope we learn something."

(I'm thinking they would get an announcement from GM like "Hey! This thing is detrimental to life! You would intrinsically know this because your spheres are aligned in such a way!" Really, though, I think all gods should have that kind of knowledge of their actions. We're not Humans, after all, we're nigh-omniscient, transcendent beings of pure creation. It's rather unfortunate that we (pl.) are just Humans though, so these kinds of things need to be told to us.)

(There you go making dangerous assumptions again. That has never happened before, and it will probably never happen. There is no reason to assume that we would. We are NOT nigh-omniscient. Not anywhere close, no matter how you look at it. Just because we are "Gods" does not suggest that. We are a lot more like the Greek or Roman Gods, pretty much humans who can sometimes make things. We aren't even pure creation, we are Essence. Essence is essentially *classified*)

"For the love of the gods, Fusil, could you please tell us what these "safer ways" are?"

"Its these magical things called a book. I believe I have been quite clear that they have anything we could ever need on the Void locked inside."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: January 10, 2015, 03:26:28 am »

"Still against. Essence discount doesn't work like that, or we would have infinite essence essentially. We can't turn three essence to five."
"That's a good point. I wonder if we can turn 3E into 5E if we pass a proposal saying it's possible..... In any case, the new method for receiving Essence while on the committee will be that gods simply give it to them. The ones chosen to give our scientists Essence will be chosen alphabetically, 1E per god until they're up again. If two gods are on the committee, for example, God A will give God X 1 Essence and then God B will give God Y 1 Essence. The next three Ticks, it'll be the job of Gods C and D to pay God X and Y. I volunteer to be the first god to pay."

(There you go making dangerous assumptions again.)
(This is getting annoying. I honestly really do need to stop.)

"Its these magical things called a book. I believe I have been quite clear that they have anything we could ever need on the Void locked inside."
"I'm a bit weary about reading Void texts. Maybe there are copies that weren't made by the Void itself? An unaffiliated mortal, perhaps, or you?"
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 475