Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616610 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T90: Multiplication of errors
« Reply #5280 on: January 11, 2015, 01:35:25 am »

"No clue. Why would I be keeping an eye on someone who I actively hate and who talks with the Void all day? Spying on him would just be silly and I would never do such a thing  ::)"

"There's an expression. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Then again, I don't believe you have ever actually bothered to make friends, so you probably wouldn't have heard of that.

Also, for the record: Shut the fuck up, Malakath. You're the one who created the problem, you're the one trying to drain everyone else of Essence for your own schemes over nothing. You don't get to try and guilt-trip me for shit. I've been working on my own shit, and trying to do things with the people who are actually Good, rather than pull bullshit like you have in just giving instant gratification to people in an attempt to make them worship you because you give them things, rather than because they truly believe. So you can go stick yourself in the Null for all I care, if you're going to try and fucking get me to solve your fucking problems, you little shit.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 01:38:42 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: January 11, 2015, 01:39:05 am »

"No clue. Why would I be keeping an eye on someone who I actively hate and who talks with the Void all day? Spying on him would just be silly and I would never do such a thing  ::)"

"There's an expression. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Then again, I don't believe you have ever actually bothered to make friends, so you probably wouldn't have heard of that.

"You know, I fired a lot of dum-dum bullets in my time, I would like to think I can know one by sight. What is confusing me, however, is how you seem to not be a bullet, but a plain dum-dum. I wonder if you expand when shot?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: January 11, 2015, 01:49:13 am »

Cim reads the energy signature on one of the injured students of magic.

"Your argument, Fortuna and Malakath, is missing a hefty dose of empiricism. Allow me."
"I'm doing my part as well. Checking their chi levels might come up with something, though."

"I haven't checked yet, from what I think I know on it right now that shouldn't happen unless it is somehow a quirk of the "Blood Magic".
"You're half-right. Well, quarter-right. Eighth-right. Improper use of blood magic can indeed result in similar symptoms. However, those who are new to magic are entirely unable to use that specific branch of blood magic (Elemental). (down to half-right.) If they were able to, then the worst that would usually happen if something went wrong (assuming they're using beginner blood magic) are headaches, dizziness, shortness of breath, and pain+occasionally bruises at the worst. Those bruises can be pretty dangerous but are easily fixed by someone who has a decent knowledge of the healing branch of blood magic. (Down to quarter-right.) Finally, there's the fact that the temples were NOT teaching them blood magic AT ALL. Just how to use magic, how to gauge how much magic is being used, knowing when too much is being used, and personal limitations. (Eight-right.)"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: January 11, 2015, 01:58:37 am »

"I'm doing my part as well. Checking their chi levels might come up with something, though."

"Chi doesn't exist. The Martial Arts god was simply using forces he didn't understand. There, now you can end your obsession with it."

"You're half-right. Well, quarter-right. Eighth-right. Improper use of blood magic can indeed result in similar symptoms. However, those who are new to magic are entirely unable to use that specific branch of blood magic (Elemental). (down to half-right.) If they were able to, then the worst that would usually happen if something went wrong (assuming they're using beginner blood magic) are headaches, dizziness, shortness of breath, and pain+occasionally bruises at the worst. Those bruises can be pretty dangerous but are easily fixed by someone who has a decent knowledge of the healing branch of blood magic. (Down to quarter-right.) Finally, there's the fact that the temples were NOT teaching them blood magic AT ALL. Just how to use magic, how to gauge how much magic is being used, knowing when too much is being used, and personal limitations. (Eight-right.)"

"Do you know who you are talking to? Considering how incorrect your previous beliefs on magic have been, I am not inclined to believe you without evidence. You have no clue what you are talking about, and you don't even have a clue that you have no clue what you are talking about. Isn't that sad?"

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: January 11, 2015, 01:59:22 am »

Melyssa listens to prayers

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: January 11, 2015, 02:07:46 am »

"giving instant gratification to people in an attempt to make them worship you because you give them things, rather than because they truly believe.
"Truly believe in what, exactly? Truly believe that I exist? They know I exist. Truly believe in my teachings? I don't have any teachings, save "be good". Shall I tell them that they won't get your help because they're not sufficiently good enough or because they're not citizens of your cities?"

"Chi doesn't exist. The Martial Arts god was simply using forces he didn't understand. There, now you can end your obsession with it."
(Actually, he created the force known as chi.)

"Do you know who you are talking to? Considering how incorrect your previous beliefs on magic have been, I am not inclined to believe you without evidence. You have no clue what you are talking about, and you don't even have a clue that you have no clue what you are talking about. Isn't that sad?"
"I....but...I invented blood magic! My explanation of how blood magic works is true because I'm the one who decided how blood magic works!"

Sessions will no longer continue at all, even in the DBP.

I listen to prayers.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: January 11, 2015, 02:15:12 am »

(Actually, he created the force known as chi.)

"He thought the did. But he did not. Simply misinformed."

"I....but...I invented blood magic! My explanation of how blood magic works is true because I'm the one who decided how blood magic works!"

"I remember creating magic with the rest of the council. Yet none involved in their creation knows how magic works. You set forth the parameters for what you call blood magic, but that does not mean you understand the consequences of its use, and it certainly doesn't mean you control them. These are certainly possible problems from people trying to control their own blood, outside influence or no."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: January 11, 2015, 02:28:42 am »

"I'm thinking about ceasing interaction with the rest of the Council once this crisis is over. Even more is that I won't bother trying to deal with the Void. Obviously it is entirely out of my control. While this crisis is still active, does anyone have any business with me they wish to address?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: January 11, 2015, 02:29:05 am »

Why don't you tell them they won't get any help because their own god can't be arsed and do something herself, and is instead trying to get other gods to do the work of looking after her followers for her?

Your followers are your responsibility, Malakath. Otherwise, why should they follow you? And as much as I would love to do your job for you so you can faff about with Blood Magic and pet projects, I'm a bit preoccupied, what with the giant parasites and the death and the plagues and accusations of warmongering and all.

And as for truly believe: Truly believe that you are a god worth following and devoting their life to, rather than just a force that gives them stuff if they compliment it regularly.

And besides all of that: You don't get to try and define how I act by using my mission as a leash. I know what Good is. I know what it entails. It is impossible to be perfectly good, but by all that is holy, I do my damnedest to come as close as I can. And you? You don't define what that is. You don't choose how I go about fulfilling it. So my response to any such blatant attempts to control my behavior by manipulation and guilt-tripping -by anyone- will be a hearty "fuck off".
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: January 11, 2015, 02:43:53 am »

Why don't you tell them they won't get any help because their own god can't be arsed and do something herself, and is instead trying to get other gods to do the work of looking after her followers for her?
"That's not the issue here, actually. I'm doing as much as I can to prevent any further deaths but my problem stems from you apparently ignoring the situation altogether."

Your followers are your responsibility, Malakath. Otherwise, why should they follow you? And as much as I would love to do your job for you so you can faff about with Blood Magic and pet projects, I'm a bit preoccupied, what with the giant parasites and the death and the plagues and accusations of warmongering and all.
"Many people who attended the sessions don't worship me as their primary. Some worship Fusil most, others you, Kli, Khaziraad, and all the other gods. I only began these sessions to prevent the consequences that might result from improper use of people's new abilities regardless of who they choose to worship the most."

And as for truly believe: Truly believe that you are a god worth following and devoting their life to, rather than just a force that gives them stuff if they compliment it regularly.
"All gods are different, Darruth. You might be interested in having people devote their life to you above all other gods but not I. While I certainly appreciate it when I'm the target of exclusive or primary worship I have no problem with my followers worshipping other gods. I can't grant them the same things that others can and I want my followers to be as happy and fulfilled as they can possibly be, even if it means non-exclusive or non-primary worship. Besides, I'm entirely fine with giving things to people who compliment me enough. It's a fair trade in my book and there's nothing wrong with a fair trade."

EDIT:
I'm a bit preoccupied, what with the giant parasites and the death and the plagues and accusations of warmongering and all.
The active monsters have mostly been eradicated, and the still alive monsters are mostly curiosities at various research organizations.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 02:52:43 am by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: January 11, 2015, 02:56:30 am »

"Many people who attended the sessions don't worship me as their primary. Some worship Fusil most, others you, Kli, Khaziraad, and all the other gods. I only began these sessions to prevent the consequences that might result from improper use of people's new abilities regardless of who they choose to worship the most."

"That is simply a lie. I hardly let you have so much influence in my cities, as you have seen before, and have come up with my own ways to make casting less dangerous and more powerful. As I said before. It seems to me that you are trying to convince us to fix your mistake again. If you believe someone is targeting you, find out who they are and kill them."

The parasites have mostly been eradicated, but many samples probably exist in the various research organizations.

(Yeah, everyone who actually fought them probably had it mentioned in their PMs)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: January 11, 2015, 03:06:41 am »

"That is simply a lie. I hardly let you have so much influence in my cities, as you have seen before, and have come up with my own ways to make casting less dangerous and more powerful. As I said before. It seems to me that you are trying to convince us to fix your mistake again. If you believe someone is targeting you, find out who they are and kill them."
Malakath's tutorials have received showings of countless people of various backgrounds.
"I don't have enough followers for the number to be considered "countless" and people worship you outside of your cities."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 03:08:40 am by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: January 11, 2015, 03:10:47 am »

Malakath's tutorials have received showings of countless people of various backgrounds.
"I don't have enough followers for the number to be considered "countless" and people worship you outside of your cities."

(I am quick enough to read what you type before you edit  ::))

"That is a huge assumption. Really huge. Stop it. That is 200% baseless."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: January 11, 2015, 03:26:56 am »

(I am quick enough to read what you type before you edit  ::))

"That is a huge assumption. Really huge. Stop it. That is 200% baseless."
"You believe that Human soldiers don't worship you? That Night Elf weaponsmiths don't praise you? What about that cult that worships all gods living or dead?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: January 11, 2015, 03:32:19 am »

"You believe that Human soldiers don't worship you? That Night Elf weaponsmiths don't praise you? What about that cult that worships all gods living or dead?"

"They have no reason to go to the temple of another God and listen to his tutorials on his magics. As I said, I provided much better means than you. Why would you assume that my followers would go to such a thing? It simply did not happen."

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 475