Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616773 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T93: Recreational creation
« Reply #5385 on: January 15, 2015, 01:42:31 am »

"So you did. That punishment will be taken off the table, then."

Propose that all votes towards punishing a convicted felon be disregarded if the votes come from the convicted felon itself. The felon can still propose punishments, though.

A Shinjo can now be upgraded to a Soul Weapon if both the Shinjo and its user consent and if the user has no Soul Weapon yet.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: January 15, 2015, 01:47:27 am »

Propose that all votes towards punishing a convicted felon be disregarded if the votes come from the convicted felon itself. The felon can still propose punishments, though.

"Oppose."

A Shinjo can now be upgraded to a Soul Weapon if both the Shinjo and its user consent and if the user has no Soul Weapon yet.

"Veto. Don't mess with my creations, isn't it bad enough that I have to put up with you trying to make 'soul weapons', whatever that may be, without trying to mess with sentient?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: January 15, 2015, 02:05:19 am »

"Oppose."
"The point of the proposal is to prevent the convicted - already tried and found to be guilty - felon from getting away with slaughtering half the gods and destroying both planets by suggesting he gets a slap on the wrist while the other gods are distracted."

"Veto. Don't mess with my creations, isn't it bad enough that I have to put up with you trying to make 'soul weapons', whatever that may be, without trying to mess with sentient?"
"Soul Weapons are fully sapient. They take the form of the weapon that their user would be best at using."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: January 15, 2015, 02:09:36 am »

"The point of the proposal is to prevent the convicted - already tried and found to be guilty - felon from getting away with slaughtering half the gods and destroying both planets by suggesting he gets a slap on the wrist while the other gods are distracted."

"So you see the problem I have with it then."

"Soul Weapons are fully sapient. They take the form of the weapon that their user would be best at using."

"I don't care. Don't mess with my followers. The weapon spirits count."

(Maybe I shouldn't have tricked you into watching Soul Eater  :-\)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: January 15, 2015, 02:22:51 am »

(Maybe I shouldn't have tricked you into watching Soul Eater  :-\)
(Soul Eater is about a bunch of people who are born with the ability to turn into weapons. Shinjo have more in common with Soul Eater than Soul Weapons do.)

@A warrior with a strongly-attached Shinjo:
"Hey there! Would you two like to become closer and more powerful than you'd have ever thought possible? You do? Well too bad. Fusil says no because I came up with the idea first."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: January 15, 2015, 02:28:26 am »

"Hey there! Would you two like to become closer and more powerful than you'd have ever thought possible? You do? Well too bad. Fusil says no because I came up with the idea first."

*Whispers*
"She is a creepy pervert who wants you to do soooooo many weird things. You don't even want to know what she meant by 'closer', and her meaning of 'powerful' taints the minds of children if spoken out loud near them. Back away slowly and carefully, the local police force can do nothing against her."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: January 15, 2015, 02:44:51 am »

*Whispers*
"She is a creepy pervert who wants you to do soooooo many weird things. You don't even want to know what she meant by 'closer', and her meaning of 'powerful' taints the minds of children if spoken out loud near them. Back away slowly and carefully, the local police force can do nothing against her."
"Actually, I want nothing from you, let alone weird things. As for closeness and power, this is what I mean...."
The warrior and the Shinjo receive a vision. In the vision is the same warrior and the Shinjo who is visibly different but only slightly. In the vision, they work in perfect harmony with each other, cutting down their enemies with ease unlike anything they are capable of now.
Veto any attempts to veto or alter the vision.
"I don't know why the goddess of Weapons is so against the idea considering that it would increase her Influence. As for "tainting the minds of children", have you seen Fusil's true form?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: January 15, 2015, 02:50:18 am »

The warrior and the Shinjo receive a vision. In the vision is the same warrior and the Shinjo who is visibly different but only slightly. In the vision, they work in perfect harmony with each other, cutting down their enemies with ease unlike anything they are capable of now.

The Vision is secretly vetoed. Instead, they see Malakath standing there and staring at them, creepily.

"I don't know why the goddess of Weapons is so against the idea considering that it would increase her Influence. As for "tainting the minds of children", have you seen Fusil's true form?"

1. Why would a random mortal see a God's true form  ???
2. An elongated diamond is not safe for children?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5393 on: January 15, 2015, 02:55:26 am »

Random warrior: "You want me to kill my WIFE for no gain!? No wonder Fusil hates you so much!"
Shinjo: "You want me to objectify MYSELF!? Can you hear what you're saying?"

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: January 15, 2015, 02:58:16 am »

The Vision is secretly vetoed. Instead, they see Malakath standing there and staring at them, creepily.
Veto'd. If that doesn't work, I'll put Essence into showing them the vision.

1. Why would a random mortal see a God's true form  ???
2. An elongated diamond is not safe for children?
1. Rhetoric
2. Not when it's surrounding by a giant mass of eldritch tentacles.

Random warrior: "You want me to kill my WIFE for no gain!? No wonder Fusil hates you so much!"
Shinjo: "You want me to objectify MYSELF!? Can you hear what you're saying?"
"I don't know what you've just seen but it is most certainly not the truth if it showed your wife dying. Conversion to a Soul Weapon merely tightens the bond between you two, making the both of you more powerful. It's rather different from standard Soul Weapon creation and evolution. It also comes with the added bonus of you going to the same afterlife if one of you reincarnates and the other doesn't. Nobody dies, nobody gets negatively altered, and she can still take a Human form. Actually, the upgrade will allow her to take any medium-sized humanoid form. The only difference here is that he won't be able to produce another Soul Weapon. You can still have children, though."

(NINJA'D)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:10:35 am by Andres »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: January 15, 2015, 03:06:21 am »

(I edited my post. You edited your post. Give me some time to edit mine further.)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5396 on: January 15, 2015, 03:09:07 am »

(Turnabout's fair play! :P)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: January 15, 2015, 03:14:16 am »

(Ok. I think I've finished editing. Everything I said was true. All it would do is tie their souls together. There are no negative repercussions/unforeseen side-effects, they're still individuals, nobody dies, the two keep their attraction to each other, the Shinjo retains her gender, etc. Really, the only similarity she'd share with a Soul Weapon is the increased power and the same afterlife thing.)

EDIT: I'll put in as much Essence as necessary to make sure my messages and visions don't get veto'd or altered. I veto all visions or messages incoming from all other gods unless they're open messages.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 03:18:53 am by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5398 on: January 15, 2015, 04:32:19 am »

(An early-morning discussion section about the first problem set of the quarter seems a bit of a silly reason to wake up early.)

Malakath: The Burning Days say their unflinching, uncompromising devotion to the protection of sapients is their specialty. They offer no comment on their abilities, say they are unaligned but against those who harm sapients or allow their creations to do so, and seek only to remove godly harm to sapients completely. They warn that reports from gods about undesirable behavior are likely to be ignored for the biases of the gods.

"Request for three blood oaths, only monetary punishment on the second, limited punishment by choral torture for the third, no soul fries."
"I own a tower and would like to know if non-exclusive service to you provides any insurance at all against property damage."
"Why is that strange mural moving? Oh god! Is it painted in blood? What is that strange little man doing with that knife?"

(Darruth: -7E)
Darruth: Darruth has created Runic magic but restricted access to it to permitted practioners.

Melyssa: Those who love to cook have been instructed to worship KI'Tork as well.

Fortuna: "Fine. I'll make some game about Melyssan architecture and giant reptiles."
"Does the luck have to be good luck?"
With divine luck, many gamble there and are pleased. Soon, a gambling house and inn of similar design named the Golden Grebe opens next door. It boasts of having a very large bath. The Mare of Vice is rapidly in decline and has been forced to shift its payout balance to compensate, losing many in the process.

Neron:
The previously limbless, starving Rani has begun traveling to the nearest temple to thank you.
The fledgling has been adopted by a somewhat poor writer couple.
"Merry Neronmas!"
"Happy Future Great Ice Age!"

Malakath and Fusil:
Shinjo cannot turn into Soul Weapons at the moment. [RETAINS]
Output:
(Malakath: -9E)
(This was a very merciful make-it-cheaper opposition overriding cost. Appeals to reduce it further aren't likely to be accepted despite the general irrelevance of this whole subsubplot.)
Shinjo: "What pleasant entertainment. You two argue like an old married couple. Why don't you go bother each other instead?"
Random Warrior: "Also, no one I know with Soul Weapons can have any romance with them[1]. No deal."

Spoiler: 1. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Proposals (2) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New proposals (1) (click to show/hide)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: January 15, 2015, 06:01:30 am »

(Malakath: -9E)
(This was a very merciful make-it-cheaper opposition overriding cost. Appeals to reduce it further aren't likely to be accepted despite the general irrelevance of this whole subsubplot.)
Shinjo: "What pleasant entertainment. You two argue like an old married couple. Why don't you go bother each other instead?"
Random Warrior: "Also, no one I know with Soul Weapons can have any romance with them[1]. No deal."
(It cost me 2E to force all four of my constellations into existence and if I remember correctly having gods support my constellations didn't give me a discount. (I tried to find the price check but I failed.) Also, I didn't say I wanted to put Essence into blocking Fusil's vision. That was just a veto.)

"To be honest, your wife would have rather little in common with a regular Soul Weapon. Here's what will happen if you choose to become a....let's call it a Soul Shinjo.
Your soul will be tied to your husband, granting the both of you power.
This power can be increased through worship.
The soul-tie will ensure that you either both reincarnate or you both go to the same afterlife so that neither of you will have to wait alone in an afterlife before you can reincarnate unless that's what you want.
You will also be able to take on the form of any humanoid you want - not just a Human one.
Your husband will not develop a Soul Weapon.
That's all the differences between what you are and what you can be. You will keep your gender, your relations, and your romance. You will have no further similarities with a Soul Weapon than the ones I explicitly mentioned. You would be a Soul Shinjo, not a Soul Weapon. If you don't like something about the deal some constructive feedback would be useful."

Spoiler: Rant (click to show/hide)

Malakath: The Burning Days say their unflinching, uncompromising devotion to the protection of sapients is their specialty. They offer no comment on their abilities, say they are unaligned but against those who harm sapients or allow their creations to do so, and seek only to remove godly harm to sapients completely. They warn that reports from gods about undesirable behavior are likely to be ignored for the biases of the gods.
"So you look down on the Knights of Restoration for keeping their abilities a secret, yet you also keep your abilities a secret. Cim, Darruth, is hypocrisy something worthy of a minor smiting?"

"Request for three blood oaths, only monetary punishment on the second, limited punishment by choral torture for the third, no soul fries."
"I own a tower and would like to know if non-exclusive service to you provides any insurance at all against property damage."
"Why is that strange mural moving? Oh god! Is it painted in blood? What is that strange little man doing with that knife?"
I'll let my High Priest handle it.
"It does not, but neither does exclusive service. I am a goddess, not an insurance saleswoman."
Seems I forgot to mention a little, Essence-free thing that my divine blood added to the mural. It changes its colours into beautiful shades of red, orange, and yellow that seem to almost shine when in sunlight or under a blood moon. Due to me actually paying for the effect, the mural brings the souls of those who look at it at peace so the person's response to seeing the mural is odd, especially considering its high-quality artistry. I bless the person for calling me "god". What is that strange little man doing with the knife? Who is the strange little man?

Darruth: Darruth has created Runic magic but restricted access to it to permitted practioners.
Unrestrict access. (0E) Runic magic has been a part of Ritual and Enchantment magic since time immemorial and is an intrinsic part of both. Darruth doesn't get exclusive access to it just for "creating" it.

Shinjo cannot turn into Soul Weapons at the moment. [RETAINS]
(I just noticed this. Is this because of player reasons or temporary GM reasons?)

EDIT: I send my angel priests back to missionary and clergy work. One to Muma, one to each Mountwyrm, Human, Dwarf, Merperson, Wood Elf, and Luminee capital, and four to each Night Elf and Hummingbird capital.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:34:47 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 475