Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 615187 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T93: Recreational creation
« Reply #5415 on: January 15, 2015, 07:13:44 pm »

(So it's two branches of Enchantment magic mixed in with a bit of Universal. Nice. The problem I have is that you decided to name this very specific branch of magic "runic" magic when a whole bunch of other magical branches use runes in general. Maybe call it tattoo magic? It sounds less mystical but it's a lot more accurate.)

EDIT: (Give me a bit and I'll write up a design document that describes tattoo magic better. I (pl.) rather like categorising magic. I'm just lucky that I turned out to be de facto goddess of Magic as well!)

((Uh, no. I didn't describe how it worked(on purpose). I just said that for it to work you have to get those. I would have told you more, but I thought better of it. I still need to give KJP a bit more info on how it works, after all, and/or see if he has already worked out the way it will work based on what I've told him so far. Also, sidenote and rather semantic but it will bug me otherwise: Runic Magic, not Rune Magic. I'm fairly certain Rune Magic is indeed a form of Enchantment, probably the one needed for Runic Magic, in fact.

The word Rune just lost all meaning for me...))

((Also other sidenote: Remember the bit where Yaos said he was revamping the costs system? Yeah. That's why it cost that much. Gonna retract your opposition to the restriction now? It may have been hyperbole about blowing up planets, but this shit is or might be powerful enough to inflict some serious harm in the wrong hands. I'd rather not risk finding out. Although I suppose the same could be said for any magic. Nonetheless.))

No bloody idea what 91.00 even means
Oppose 94.03
Abstain from lawmode: Conflict of Interest

The science and magic of medicine should be studied more. Lets build a Medical University. Sounds like fun.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: January 15, 2015, 07:35:05 pm »

(They are neither omnipotent nor omniscient but for all intents and purposes they are ultimate.)

Except when it involves the Void, other Gods, flying monkeys, or otherwise a significantly powerful creature...

Remember, we are a lot like the Greek Gods, who could even get beat up by mortals who put in a good effort (the Illiad, where Ares gets stabbed by some guy blessed by Athena, for example.) We ain't as tough as you think we are.

(That was before all sapient races were upgraded with enhanced common-sense.)

That never happened. The proposal was shot down.

(Good point on the weapon thing. I'm not threatening her and I'm not attempting anything yet. I'm offering something with no drawbacks and great rewards. She doesn't want to be what I'm offering because she thinks there's penalties or a price to be paid or something when there really isn't.)

As KJP pointed out, you are either lying or changed what you want a Soul weapon to be.

(If we have the time of day to talk to them then we have the time of day to smite them, even if that just means punching them in the face. We can very easily manifest for communing with mortals considering that we can very easily manifest for actually going down to the Corporeal Realm and fighting giant bug parasites.)

Why does that quote have my name on it?  ???

(So it's two branches of Enchantment magic mixed in with a bit of Universal. Nice. The problem I have is that you decided to name this very specific branch of magic "runic" magic when a whole bunch of other magical branches use runes in general. Maybe call it tattoo magic? It sounds less mystical but it's a lot more accurate.)

EDIT: (Give me a bit and I'll write up a design document that describes tattoo magic better. I (pl.) rather like categorising magic. I'm just lucky that I turned out to be de facto goddess of Magic as well!)

I believe the idea is for him to make his own branch of magic, kind of like how "Song Magic" I remember being made way back when. Its own category. I am not sure you understand what the categories are fully enough to do that anyway....

The science and magic of medicine should be studied more. Lets build a Medical University. Sounds like fun.

"Why not simply grant them the medicine if it is so important to you?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: January 15, 2015, 07:38:00 pm »

(First of all, there are only two types of alchemy. GM thought that there were three: potion-making, equivalent exchange, and FMA. The latter two are one and the same, leaving only FMA and potion-making. To differentiate between potion-making alchemy and FMA alchemy, potion-making alchemy shall now be called either "potion-making", "potionry", or simply "potions". FMA alchemy will be called "alchemy". Simple!)

Spoiler: Potions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "Old" Runic Magic (click to show/hide)

I went and described potion-making because it'll help to understand tattoo magic.

((http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rune?s=t))

Edit: ((So no, not tattoo magic, it is runic magic))
(Tattoos are the stuff you put on your skin. The stuff described in that definition refers to letters.)

(I just got ninja'd by two people. I'll post now and then read them.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: January 15, 2015, 07:48:19 pm »

((You can make Tattoo Magic on your own if you want Andres, I'm just telling you that's not what I made. Although yeah, it might be part of what allows it to work.

Also, hell no are we calling the bullshit FMA-stuff the standard Alchemy. *sighs**regrets overly strong language* Look. I look at the DnD and similar fantasy setting RPGs uses of Alchemy as defining what Alchemy is(not necessarily potions, that's just the most common example; powders and things like that fall under it too; Alchemists are the ones who deal with gunpowder in fantasy settings, to my way of thinking, typically). FMA is just Transmutation magic. Can we just call it that? It's accurate, and it's what they call the process (Transmuting, not magic) in the anime, if I remember right.

There's just no way I can be okay with calling what the Armstrong Alchemist does Alchemy. It's awesome, alright, but it ain't Alchemy.))

If it's not gonna bankrupt me at this point, create Ley Lines, don't use the Definitely and Totally Not Rubber Chicken Magical Block Factories. temporal stuff with them too.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: January 15, 2015, 07:54:47 pm »

((Uh, no. I didn't describe how it worked(on purpose). I just said that for it to work you have to get those. I would have told you more, but I thought better of it. I still need to give KJP a bit more info on how it works, after all, and/or see if he has already worked out the way it will work based on what I've told him so far. Also, sidenote and rather semantic but it will bug me otherwise: Runic Magic, not Rune Magic. I'm fairly certain Rune Magic is indeed a form of Enchantment, probably the one needed for Runic Magic, in fact.

The word Rune just lost all meaning for me...))

((Also other sidenote: Remember the bit where Yaos said he was revamping the costs system? Yeah. That's why it cost that much. Gonna retract your opposition to the restriction now? It may have been hyperbole about blowing up planets, but this shit is or might be powerful enough to inflict some serious harm in the wrong hands. I'd rather not risk finding out. Although I suppose the same could be said for any magic. Nonetheless.))

The science and magic of medicine should be studied more. Lets build a Medical University. Sounds like fun.[/b]
(SEMANTIIIIIIICS!!!! Truly my greatest enemy, bureaucrats aside. No. Why did what cost so much? Yes.)

Unvetorunic magic, though a change in name is appreciated to differentiate it from rune magic.

"Didn't you already create a medical university?"

Except when it involves the Void, other Gods, flying monkeys, or otherwise a significantly powerful creature...

Remember, we are a lot like the Greek Gods, who could even get beat up by mortals who put in a good effort (the Illiad, where Ares gets stabbed by some guy blessed by Athena, for example.) We ain't as tough as you think we are.
(How about this: we are ultimate by default but we are not always ultimate.)

That never happened. The proposal was shot down.
(Darruth or Cim or someone else manually made every sapient race have enhanced common-sense. Since it costs 0E to give a race enhanced common-sense, it could be given to every race entirely free of charge and that's why they were able to do it.)

As KJP pointed out, you are either lying or changed what you want a Soul weapon to be.
(You haven't been paying attention, have you? I'm offering to change her into a Soul Shinjo not a Soul Weapon. I've already stated the differences between a Soul Shinjo and Soul Weapon. You can look back and read them if you want.)

Why does that quote have my name on it?  ???
(Because I f*cked it all up. You should've seen that post before I edited it.)

((Also, hell no are we calling the bullshit FMA-stuff the standard Alchemy. *sighs**regrets overly strong language* Look. I look at the DnD and similar fantasy setting RPGs uses of Alchemy as defining what Alchemy is(not necessarily potions, that's just the most common example; powders and things like that fall under it too; Alchemists are the ones who deal with gunpowder in fantasy settings, to my way of thinking, typically). FMA is just Transmutation magic. Can we just call it that? It's accurate, and it's what they call the process (Transmuting, not magic) in the anime, if I remember right.

There's just no way I can be okay with calling what the Armstrong Alchemist does Alchemy. It's awesome, alright, but it ain't Alchemy.))

If it's not gonna bankrupt me at this point, create Ley Lines, don't use the Definitely and Totally Not Rubber Chicken Magical Block Factories. temporal stuff with them too.
(Yes! Perfect! I only wanted to call it alchemy because I couldn't think of something better (a common theme with me). This is perfect! It's not magic, though. It'll just becalled "transmutation" or "transmutative science".)

Veto. "Firstly, I am against creating magical "hotspots" in the first place because it sounds woefully arbitrary. Secondly, and this reason is much more important, it is VERY dangerous considering recent events. People were bleeding, losing limbs, and even dying from using the slightest bit of magic. What would happen if the very planet started flowing with magic? What would happen if someone decided to use one of these magical hotspots? These hotspots are situated under major cities. Do you know what kind of damage that could do?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: January 15, 2015, 07:59:38 pm »

(Tattoos are the stuff you put on your skin. The stuff described in that definition refers to letters.)

(I just got ninja'd by two people. I'll post now and then read them.)

((I'm well aware of how tattoos work. It's not tattoo magic because it's the magical runes tattooed in magical ink that give it power, not the tattoos themselves.

Runic means something that has been put down in runes, so if anything, it's Runic Tattoo magic, but I can't image anyone wants to type that out every time they make reference to it.))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: January 15, 2015, 08:05:06 pm »

(How about this: we are ultimate by default but we are not always ultimate.)

....Then doesn't that make the word ultimate meaningless?

(Darruth or Cim or someone else manually made every sapient race have enhanced common-sense. Since it costs 0E to give a race enhanced common-sense, it could be given to every race entirely free of charge and that's why they were able to do it.)

I don't remember that. Source or it didn't happen!

(You haven't been paying attention, have you? I'm offering to change her into a Soul Shinjo not a Soul Weapon. I've already stated the differences between a Soul Shinjo and Soul Weapon. You can look back and read them if you want.)

Half-way *shrugs*. Still against it.

Veto. "Firstly, I am against creating magical "hotspots" in the first place because it sounds woefully arbitrary. Secondly, and this reason is much more important, it is VERY dangerous considering recent events. People were bleeding, losing limbs, and even dying from using the slightest bit of magic. What would happen if the very planet started flowing with magic? What would happen if someone decided to use one of these magical hotspots? These hotspots are situated under major cities. Do you know what kind of damage that could do?"

"You still don't understand magic, do you? This could potentially work, there are records of our bubble possibly using 'natural disturbances' to power magic rather than soulstuff. I still believe your case to be an isolated event, and assuming that it is not is assuming far too much. This would likely act as an alternative source to soulstuff, not changing anything but the power source of the magic. Do you even understand what is going on right now? Or do you just want magic to be forced to rely on souls? Besides, you where the one who petitioned for all Mortals to have magic. Why would you be stopping this now?

I already have my own alternatives, so don't feel the need to unveto it..."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: January 15, 2015, 08:26:40 pm »

What sort of damage do I think it could potentially cause?

Untold catastrophe, the likes of which we cannot imagine. You know, if a Corpse-God tries to dump himself into it in the form of energy, just like he could blow up a planet by doing the same thing.

I also think it could be a great help to the world, or simply useful. One of my largest reasons for creating it is actually to lay down the infrastructure for a race I wish to create that will by necessity be somewhat reliant on them.

And as of creating them, until I set up the system for Geomancy, I don't believe -and I full acknowledge I could and likely am wrong on this count- that anyone could use the magic directly. What I'm more confident of is that in order to use it one would have be a trained mage, and, well...your mages were not trained.

My thanks for your rather unexpected support, Fusil. I am, of course, interested in what alternatives those might be, but I am under no illusions as to you not telling me. Which is only fair, I suppose.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: January 15, 2015, 09:04:42 pm »

"Unlike some other gods I am fully prepared to compromise. I will remove my veto of ley line creation if it adheres to a few rules."
  • Ley lines must slowly and randomly move. I really don't like the idea of a few places simply being "better" for no good reason. This way it'll work like how the constellations used to and provides decent yin-yang with them.
  • Ley line magic cannot be accessed at all except by trained "leymancers" (what you call "geomancers") trying to access it on purpose. I don't want normal people getting burned out because they can't handle the power or dying because they accidentally used magic.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:07:23 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: January 15, 2015, 09:11:26 pm »

"As this will be a useful experiment, and just to spite Malakath, I will support the laylines in order to undo her veto. I will remove this unveto under two conditions:
     Malakath picks up a Fusil-darned book and learns something about what she is talking about for once in her life
     And she supports forcing Azem into a silly hat. "

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: January 15, 2015, 09:26:01 pm »

I will say this first: If you wish to make major changes to my projects, simply by threatening veto until I give in...well, that's simply unfair, to put it in what might be a childish way. For major changes to my systems, as you and your predecessor Yaos have both demanded, require some contribution to the project. However, your suggestions are not unreasonable, and so I will give you the compromise of your compromise.

I was actually planning on having them 'move' in a sense anyway, though I believe I didn't make that evident when creating them. Major intersections would likely remain the same, simply to ensure places of power and to allow structures built to utilize them do not become useless.

Second, first allow me to say this: Ley Lines cannot be utilized on accident. That will certainly be a point. Magical effects may occur naturally, but this will probably be more in line with hot water geysers of healing water or swamps of hallucinogenic gas that lets you fly than random explosions and Death Zones. Some may be dangerous, yes, but in an obvious manner, and no more than any other dangerous place on the world. And like at intersections only, where the magical energies are particularly high; a reason I wish for intersections to remain mostly the same, so that these features can be mapped and documented to utilize, avoid, or redirect their effects. However, they can be accessed by those with magical talent, and those with magical training. Does this have the chance to burn their bodies out? Possibly. I'm very foggy on that subject. But it will almost certainly not burn out their souls, since that occurs from using the soul for magic, rather than simply utilizing a separate power source. I say this because in order to train new Geomancers, the apprentice will need to be able to access the Ley Line before they are fully trained.

I will endeavor to make them in such a manner as to avoid influxes of power overpowering those who cannot control it, by making it something like a river, rather than a pressurized pipe; you can dip your cup in deep if you like, or only a little at a time. The only way you are likely to be overtaken by the current is if you are thrown in and left to sink or swim. And I'm fairly sure the only purpose someone would have for doing that would be murder or a final test of training, as I believe it would be rather complicated to force someone open to the Ley Line in that manner, and the second one would hopefully have the mentor ready to save the pupil if things went badly. I cannot control all things mortals do, sadly, and if a mentor was truly so heartless, they could do a similar sink or swim test in any case using other methods and kill their student that way as well.

Does this satisfy you, God of Souls?

Darruth looks rather amused as he says the last bit.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: January 15, 2015, 10:11:36 pm »

I will say this first: If you wish to make major changes to my projects, simply by threatening veto until I give in...well, that's simply unfair, to put it in what might be a childish way. For major changes to my systems, as you and your predecessor Yaos have both demanded, require some contribution to the project.
"I fail to see how it's childish. You attempted to create something I believe shouldn't exist and thus I tried to stop it. You changed the parts I was most against and I will allow it. It's not about you giving in - it's about the actual effects of your actions. What makes you think I am Yaos' successor? Just because I ate his angels doesn't mean I'm trying to carry his torch."

"Major intersections should NOT remain the same and ley lines should only have an effect if they're being used. I protested earlier because of the chance of ley lines unintentionally affecting the world. Now you're removing that chance and making it a certainty! My veto will remain."

Does this satisfy you, God of Souls?
"No it does not. Aside from the things I am firmly against I still don't like the existence of ley lines in any form. I'm only barely willing to tolerate them. Also, address me as Goddess of Souls."

"As this will be a useful experiment, and just to spite Malakath, I will support the laylines in order to undo her veto. I will remove this unveto under two conditions:
     Malakath picks up a Fusil-darned book and learns something about what she is talking about for once in her life
     And she supports forcing Azem into a silly hat. "

"I'm already supporting Azem wearing a funny hat."
Malakath goes to the library and picks out a book written by an Inquisition member on anti-Void tactics. Fusil darned the Inquisition, right?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: January 15, 2015, 10:21:59 pm »

I was referring to the manner in which I phrased it when I spoke of childish. Meanwhile you are opposing it out of...what? Spite? The same as Fusil is doing? This makes me feel vastly better about his supporting me out of spite. Indeed, it changes my stance on the matter from 'skeptical but happy' to 'highly amused and still happy'.

Why would I spend essence on something that wouldn't affect something? This isn't mean to be a pet project. It's a large addition, especially when coupled with Geomancy. And I will go through with it, because I do not require your permission.

And besides that, my issue is at heart about you believing you have the right to go about and change things you have no stake in by bullying people in a way that is arguably worse than Fusil's method of intimidation; at least his is usually threats at first, and he only does it when it actually directly affects him or his followers! Well, unless he feels insulted, but that could be argued to be affecting him. You, meanwhile, change things you don't like, oh, say, the aesthetics of by denying them the ability to do anything until they do it the way you want them to. It encourages duplicity and dishonesty by punishing gods for doing things publicly, rather than privately.

Finally, you and Yaos share a number of characteristics in common...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: January 15, 2015, 11:01:48 pm »

"This is so boring, What ever happened to gods being stabbed in the back left and right! Wake me up when someone dies."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: January 15, 2015, 11:04:18 pm »

I was referring to the manner in which I phrased it when I spoke of childish. Meanwhile you are opposing it out of...what? Spite? The same as Fusil is doing? This makes me feel vastly better about his supporting me out of spite. Indeed, it changes my stance on the matter from 'skeptical but happy' to 'highly amused and still happy'.

Why would I spend essence on something that wouldn't affect something? This isn't mean to be a pet project. It's a large addition, especially when coupled with Geomancy. And I will go through with it, because I do not require your permission.

And besides that, my issue is at heart about you believing you have the right to go about and change things you have no stake in by bullying people in a way that is arguably worse than Fusil's method of intimidation; at least his is usually threats at first, and he only does it when it actually directly affects him or his followers! Well, unless he feels insulted, but that could be argued to be affecting him. You, meanwhile, change things you don't like, oh, say, the aesthetics of by denying them the ability to do anything until they do it the way you want them to. It encourages duplicity and dishonesty by punishing gods for doing things publicly, rather than privately.

Finally, you and Yaos share a number of characteristics in common...

"Are you honestly comparing me to Fusil? Are you honestly accusing me of bullying you? I don't go around threatening other gods, their angels, and their creations just to get what I want. I don't want ley lines at all - AT. ALL. I could just veto it all and end it there but I'm trying to compromise and allow it to exist at least partially. I'll still dislike it but I'll dislike it less. I cannot overemphasise the fact that while I could just stop you from making them altogether. I'm just negotiating out of the kindness of my heart because I know how much you want this and I don't want to prevent you from doing everything - just the parts I hate the most."

"As for sharing characteristics with Yaos, it's probably not a coincidence. As I was being born (not after - during) I was eating the very soul of one of his angels and getting a flood of memories from it. It would be unlikely if that event didn't alter my personality somehow. I can't think of another reason for why I feel so comfortable in this Human form. I still wonder what my "natural" form would've been if I hadn't taken that angel's soul."
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 475