Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 616690 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [17+/999 players] IC: T93: Recreational creation
« Reply #5475 on: January 16, 2015, 03:56:07 pm »

Emerald tentacles spring from Azem's back.

"First Malakath steals my motif, now you? It doesn't even make since! I use tentacles to hold more guns, you just have tentacles for the sake of it. Complete rip offs. Tentacle dragons? Absurd."

As for this whole higly amusing discusion, I'm more interested in what would happen should one mine through a leyline. Or explode one. Or redirect one to space using magic. These are all questions some mad scientist is going to ask himself one day, and you'd better have answers.

"I had assumed these would be metaphysical, or some kind of spirit, lines without physical presence in the world."

"What about eyeball dragons?"

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: January 16, 2015, 05:34:16 pm »

"I propose that Council votes and vetos cannot be veto'd. To exemplify the problem, let me do this...."

"Since this seems to be an actual proposal now, I support."
Veto

Just fight to the death or have a war or something.

Support
Support
Veto

Support
Support
Veto

Automatic veto of any attempts to veto these vetos.

"I also propose that vetos can only work if they're made publicly. It's bad enough that we (and by that I mean all the rest of you) always try to secretly undermine each-other but at least we're creative when we do so. Secret vetos are obstructive, annoying, they stifle creativity, and they prevent real resolutions to problems."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: January 16, 2015, 05:53:03 pm »

((This is what I was talking about...))

Oppose both those proposals

You seem to be making assumptions again, Malakath. People work in secret because they don't want people to know about their opposition.

The reason I supported you fighting Fusil was exactly this. You make assumptions on how things work, and expect everyone to think that way too. You tell others their creations aren't right and tell them how to fix it. Just because you think it's not right, doesn't mean to say it's wrong.

I propose we silence Malakath.

and

I propose we take away Malakath's right to veto.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: January 16, 2015, 05:57:19 pm »

"I propose that Council votes and vetos cannot be veto'd. To exemplify the problem, let me do this...."

"Since this seems to be an actual proposal now, I support."
Veto

Support
Support
Veto

Support
Support
Veto

"I also propose that vetos can only work if they're made publicly. It's bad enough that we (and by that I mean all the rest of you) always try to secretly undermine each-other but at least we're creative when we do so. Secret vetos are obstructive, annoying, they stifle creativity, and they prevent real resolutions to problems."
Support both.

You seem to be making assumptions again, Malakath. People work in secret because they don't want people to know about their opposition.

The reason I supported you fighting Fusil was exactly this. You make assumptions on how things work, and expect everyone to think that way too. You tell others their creations aren't right and tell them how to fix it. Just because you think it's not right, doesn't mean to say it's wrong.

and

Oppose both

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: January 16, 2015, 06:04:51 pm »

and

"Fortuna, only one of those proposals had to do with secret actions. The other had to do with vetoing Council votes and votoing other vetos. Can you at least state why you dislike that proposal?"

Oppose both of Fortuna's proposals.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: January 16, 2015, 06:12:48 pm »

and

"Fortuna, only one of those proposals had to do with secret actions. The other had to do with vetoing Council votes and votoing other vetos. Can you at least state why you dislike that proposal?"

Oppose both of Fortuna's proposals.

Nobody has should have the power of veto over the Council anyway, unless it was voting on previously. Just saying 'veto' shouldn't make it not happen.

((definition of veto))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: January 16, 2015, 06:17:46 pm »

Veto

"You can't veto proposals. Unless you want to spend the rest of your essence to go against it. Remember how expensive it was to show the two people a vision?"

"Vet....I mean, oppose."

((We could always cover Tykki with stickers and makeup and have her beat Malakath to death with a musket...))

Since it doesn't work this way, I might as well autoveto your autovetos, creating an infinite string of vetoes that must be destroyed at all costs.

"Because you don't understand what the word veto means? Essentially, a Veto acts as an opposition. In fact, trying to free-veto a council proposal is effectively an opposition. Vetoes are effectively an oppose vote for non-council actions. Do you know anything about anything?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: January 16, 2015, 06:18:47 pm »

Propose that whenever a god vetos, they are unable to veto anything else for 3 ticks
Propose that whenever something gets vetoed, it can not be proposed again for 10 ticks.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:20:57 pm by Lord_lemonpie »

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: January 16, 2015, 06:19:24 pm »

"Why is it that the Council can't seem to do anything but bicker and tamper with mortals?"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: January 16, 2015, 06:20:56 pm »

Propose that whenever a god vetos, they are unable to veto anything else for 3 ticks

Support
Proposethat whenever something gets vetoed, it can not be proposed again for 10 ticks.

I'll support this if the time between proposals is reduced to 5 ticks.

Actually, like I said, nobody should have the power of veto over council votes yet anyway.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:25:42 pm by hector13 »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: January 16, 2015, 06:30:49 pm »

((We could always cover Tykki with stickers and makeup and have her beat Malakath to death with a musket...))

((Make it a squeaky hammer instead of a musket, and I'll support everything you do that isn't against me :P))

Since it doesn't work this way, I might as well autoveto your autovetos, creating an infinite string of vetoes that must be destroyed at all costs.

((Please... please don't.))

"Because you don't understand what the word veto means? Essentially, a Veto acts as an opposition. In fact, trying to free-veto a council proposal is effectively an opposition. Vetoes are effectively an oppose vote for non-council actions. Do you know anything about anything?"

((+1 and another definition of veto))

((Fake Edit: and apology for double post))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: January 16, 2015, 06:56:18 pm »

Veto

"My proposal relates to vetoing Council votes - not Council proposals."

Actually, like I said, nobody should have the power of veto over council votes yet anyway.
"If you really think this then by the gods why did you oppose my first proposal? It would prevent the very thing you don't want happening."

Propose that whenever something gets vetoed, it can not be proposed again for 10 ticks.
Oppose both.
"You seem to misunderstand the situation here. We're discussing vetos - not Opposes. Your second proposal would give every god the power to prevent literally ANY Council proposal from passing since every god has power of veto."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:59:01 pm by Andres »

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: January 16, 2015, 07:03:17 pm »

Creates hands made of ice to clap.

"Congradulations fellow gods. We have completely destroyed the meaning of vetos!"

Support silencing Malakath and removing Malakath`s right to veto.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: January 16, 2015, 07:05:20 pm »

"My proposal relates to vetoing Council votes - not Council proposals."

"You can't veto council votes either  ::). How would that even work?"

((Make it a squeaky hammer instead of a musket, and I'll support everything you do that isn't against me :P))

((I am sure whoever killed Yaos is taking notes and will put this into his next god murder))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: January 16, 2015, 07:05:42 pm »

Malakath, nobody has the power of veto over the Council. Nobody.

They can act against the Council should they so wish, in private or in public, but they can't stop a proposal passing once it has been passed. That is what the word "veto" means.

Edit:
"You can't veto council votes either  ::). How would that even work?"

I am most eager to hear this explanation.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:08:39 pm by hector13 »

Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 475