Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 617127 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [19+/999 players] IC: T102: The Unreturn of ? ? ?
« Reply #6255 on: January 25, 2015, 03:44:43 pm »

"Unless they feel like it, of course. How many Tiers of Void Entity are there and can they move back and forth between them? And Why are the Void Entities fighting? What are the Edge and the Churn?"

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6256 on: January 25, 2015, 03:48:20 pm »

"Where is our Bubble Located and how did the Multiverse begin?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: January 25, 2015, 03:53:16 pm »

Fusil, you're being sensible at the moment, so I'll ask you a question about the Void I've been wondering about, since this is a subject you probably do have a fairly damned good understanding of, at least as much as can be had from the Books. If the Void only gets power when the Gods give it power, where do Void cults and worshippers come in? Don't they spread Void Influence as well?

And does anyone else find it incredibly odd that the Divine Library works at all, considering how difficult it would be to even communicate with another Bubble, yet we were able to obtain books from many different ones, including ones detailing the destruction of their or another Bubble(somehow, still not sure how that works), at comparatively low cost?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: January 25, 2015, 04:02:45 pm »

"Unless they feel like it, of course. How many Tiers of Void Entity are there and can they move back and forth between them? And Why are the Void Entities fighting? What are the Edge and the Churn?"

"Five tiers, based on age and caste thus impossible to change. The Highest is the Hadal, the leaders of the three factions. Only three of them. Next is the Abyssal, who there are two of, with the weakest faction not having any. Bathyal is next, and much more numerous. The last two are Mesal and Epial, who make the most contact with Gods (such as Cim, likely) and are often the least involved in the Faction War. They are fighting because they hate each other, obviously. You don't really have to concern yourself with the Edge or Churn, just don't touch them and you will be fine."

"Why the sudden bout of curiosity? Anyway, since space is moving around the Bubble, it is difficult saying where we are located. And it isn't like it matters. The multiverse seems to start as a single point, I have heard and made several theories about how it was created but none really sound legitimate as of right now. Besides, outside the bubble, things like 'created' are difficult to find, if nothing else time and causality are mixed up enough that it is nearly impossible to tell what made it."

Fusil, you're being sensible at the moment, so I'll ask you a question about the Void I've been wondering about, since this is a subject you probably do have a fairly damned good understanding of, at least as much as can be had from the Books. If the Void only gets power when the Gods give it power, where do Void cults and worshippers come in? Don't they spread Void Influence as well?

"I have reason to believe the Void Followers where only able to become Void Cultists because of Serac's stupid mistake of making a temple. Yes, Null can speak with, make deals with, and otherwise gain power and influence over the bubble, but it is insignificant compared to what we do and was likely caused by us as well. Unless the Null are passing us, it is difficult for even Gods to hear what the Null are saying, let alone Mortals. Serac's temple acted as a radio tower, allowing non-Emissary type Ones to talk to Mortals clear enough to start cults. There is no evidence of cults before Serac's action."

And does anyone else find it incredibly odd that the Divine Library works at all, considering how difficult it would be to even communicate with another Bubble, yet we were able to obtain books from many different ones, including ones detailing the destruction of their or another Bubble(somehow, still not sure how that works), at comparatively low cost?

"Not at all."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: January 25, 2015, 04:04:29 pm »

"How many Tiers of Void Entity are there?"
"Five. From highest to lowest: Hadal, Abyssal, Bathyal, Mesal, Epial."

"can they move back and forth between them?"
"Only up as they age and gain power, to my knowledge."

"Why are the Void Entities fighting?"
"For the same reasons as we do, personal schisms. For the factions, they aren't exactly fighting. The Luminants want to find the Umbrals, who are hiding, while the Liminals try to keep a balance between the two other factions."

"What are the Edge and the Churn?"
"The Edge is the border between a Bubble and the Void, a barrier extremely hard to cross without divine power. The Churn is the primordial entropy in the broken spacetime of the Void. Without a carefully planned course, collisions with energies quickly cause destructive paradoxes to anything in it."

"Our Bubble is somewhere in the Void. That's as much as I know for these questions."

If the Void only gets power when the Gods give it power, where do Void cults and worshippers come in? Don't they spread Void Influence as well?
"It seems to me any sapient being can give influence to the Null. Gods are worth more to them, but they will gladly take mortal cultists."

"Assuming there are nearly infinite Bubbles out there, it is quite likely some of their ideas would, by chance, survive the Churn to find their ways to us. Or perhaps, less likely, they were written by the Null themselves to deceive us, or a mortal with a knack for fiction. Maybe there is a Null of Knowledge literally made out of books on all subjects."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6260 on: January 25, 2015, 04:05:44 pm »

"Oh Just an existential crisis. How old are they and which is the strongest Faction?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: January 25, 2015, 04:08:03 pm »

"Much, much older than any of us. The Luminants seem the weakest, but I can't say whether the Liminals or the Umbrals are more powerful, as the Umbrals hide themselves well."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: January 25, 2015, 04:08:53 pm »

"How Much Older?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: January 25, 2015, 04:10:00 pm »

"I honestly have no idea. They are very, very old."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: January 25, 2015, 04:10:04 pm »

"Oh Just an existential crisis. How old are they and which is the strongest Faction?"

"Umbrals are the strongest, on average, and time is meaningless outside the Bubble. Probably several eternities, on a random guess."

"Assuming there are nearly infinite Bubbles out there, it is quite likely some of their ideas would, by chance, survive the Churn to find their ways to us. Or perhaps, less likely, they were written by the Null themselves to deceive us, or a mortal with a knack for fiction. Maybe there is a Null of Knowledge literally made out of books on all subjects."

"There is a Null of Knowledge, though the way the Void works means it is unlikely that they think of it the same way we do, making your theory unlikely."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: January 25, 2015, 04:15:51 pm »

"What if their was an entire Mutltiverse of Multiverses with incomprehensible beings moving in between them, And that would be less than an Atom in the grand scheme of things!"

KI'Tork starts zoning out.

"Ah well, Time to cook!"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: January 25, 2015, 04:20:17 pm »

"What if their was an entire Mutltiverse of Multiverses with incomprehensible beings moving in between them, And that would be less than an Atom in the grand scheme of things!"

KI'Tork starts zoning out.

"Ah well, Time to cook!"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: January 25, 2015, 05:52:22 pm »

"If we were to kill everyone so that everyone reincarnates at once, would they theoretically have no knowledge of the Void so long as they don't come into contact with Void material? Babies don't have inherent knowledge of the Void, do they?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: January 25, 2015, 05:53:45 pm »

"If we were to kill everyone so that everyone reincarnates at once, would they theoretically have no knowledge of the Void so long as they don't come into contact with Void material? Babies don't have inherent knowledge of the Void, do they?"

We could try an experiment. Lets annihilate all of your creations and find out.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: January 25, 2015, 05:55:58 pm »

"That wasn't a suggestion that we do so, it was just an idea. If you harm my followers I will kill you."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 ... 475