Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419453 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #165 on: October 16, 2014, 10:44:39 pm »

$$$
What about for a generic winged angel? How much would a messenger angel cost? A warrior angel? What about one that doubles as both like a classical(?) angel? Would the Angel-Emperor count as an arch-angel? How much would an arch-angel cost? Is it arch-angel or archangel? What does 'Psymentally attuned' mean? How much would an Archangel-Emperor of Mankind cost if the Angel-Emperor isn't already an archangel?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:48:18 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2014, 10:48:40 pm »

What about for a generic winged angel? How much would a messenger angel cost? A warrior angel? What about one that doubles as both like a classical(?) angel? Would the Angel-Emperor count as an arch-angel? How much would an arch-angel cost? Is it arch-angel or archangel? What does 'Psymentally attuned' mean?

You trying to copy Tykki, boy? (it is archangel. I ran a game called that, once. Donno the other stuff.)#Joke.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2014, 10:52:20 pm »

$$$Response
$$$
What about for a generic winged angel? How much would a messenger angel cost? A warrior angel? What about one that doubles as both like a classical(?) angel?
Generic aligned angel (probably sufficient): 4
Messenger angel (can voluntarily teleport to different locations within a dimension): 8
Warrior angel (better fighting ability, probably unnecessary for the most part): Low 7-8
Both: Low 14-15

Psymentally attuned: Isn't the Emperor like the greatest psyker because of being created from multiple psykers or something?

Also, here, the difference between an Archangel and Angel is you probably should name only one Angel Archangel, else it kind of defeats the point of "Arch-something." For example, there can be only one Arch Linux (archnemesis or archenemy or something).

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2014, 11:12:13 pm »

What about for a generic winged angel? How much would a messenger angel cost? A warrior angel? What about one that doubles as both like a classical(?) angel? Would the Angel-Emperor count as an arch-angel? How much would an arch-angel cost? Is it arch-angel or archangel? What does 'Psymentally attuned' mean?

You trying to copy Tykki, boy? (it is archangel. I ran a game called that, once. Donno the other stuff.)#Joke.
Heheh, no. I'm trying to copy Supernatural.

Psymentally attuned: Isn't the Emperor like the greatest psyker because of being created from multiple psykers or something?
The fuck's a psyker? All I know is that he's immortal, he made the Space Marines, he used to look like this, then his favoured son Horus (that's all I know about the guy) mortally wounded him and got killed, then the Emperor got put into a throne, 10,000 years later looks like this, and he's half-alive. I'm not a 40K fan. All I did was read the TV Tropes page because the idea of a God-Emperor of Mankind intrigued me and the franchise was popular enough on the Internet that I felt I should get at least a little acquainted with it.
I'd imagined the Angel-Emperor to look like this.

Also, here, the difference between an Archangel and Angel is you probably should name only one Angel Archangel, else it kind of defeats the point of "Arch-something." For example, there can be only one Arch Linux (archnemesis or archenemy or something).
I was thinking of Supernatural-style angels and archangels. Angels are basically foot soldiers and can usually win one-on-one against a normal demon and archangels are to pagan gods (who can usually win against an angel one-on-one) what a Super Saiyan is to a Saiyan, or what anyone is to Raditz.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 16, 2014, 11:21:07 pm »

The fuck's a psyker? All I know is that he's immortal, he made the Space Marines, he used to look like this, then his favoured son Horus (that's all I know about the guy) mortally wounded him and got killed, then the Emperor got put into a throne, 10,000 years later looks like this, and he's half-alive. I'm not a 40K fan. All I did was read the TV Tropes page because the idea of a God-Emperor of Mankind intrigued me and the franchise was popular enough on the Internet that I felt I should get at least a little acquainted with it.

HERESY *Autogun fire*. Psyker=Psykic. The God Emperor of Mankind was is a powerful Psyker who could can pretty much crush continents with his mind. He was born when every magic user on Earth felt the effect of magic fading, got together, and had ritual suicide. Horus Heresy was tricked into betraying the emperor when Chaos showed him a picture of what the universe had become, backwards technologically, humanity was slowly dying, and everyone worshiped the (Athiest to kill the chaos gods) Emperor as a god. He then created that world by mortally wounding the Emperor, who was holding back, with the help of ALL the chaos gods. He now is barely alive at his holy throne, sustained by the lives of thousands of pyskers a day, only using his powers to light a magical lighthouse that can be seen anywhere.

Heretic.

------

Also, where we aloud to make more than one Angel?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #170 on: October 16, 2014, 11:21:37 pm »

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Psyker

I was thinking of Supernatural-style angels and archangels. Angels are basically foot soldiers and can usually win one-on-one against a normal demon and archangels are to pagan gods (who can usually win against an angel one-on-one) what a Super Saiyan is to a Saiyan, or what anyone is to Raditz.
I have no restrictions on naming your servant/messenger/soldiers, but for the sake of understanding, I recommend naming only one Archangel. If Fusil/Stirk created a bunch of immortal-incorporeal-aligned-godinalized-sapient servants, Tykki would be the Archangel while the bunch would be regular angels.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 16, 2014, 11:43:56 pm »

Also, where we aloud to make more than one Angel?
Pretty sure we are. They're just expensive.

I have no restrictions on naming your servant/messenger/soldiers, but for the sake of understanding, I recommend naming only one Archangel. If Fusil/Stirk created a bunch of immortal-incorporeal-aligned-godinalized-sapient servants, Tykki would be the Archangel while the bunch would be regular angels.
Ah, so it was just a difference in classifications. Now let's see, if Tykki was 7 Essence, a warrior angel is ALSO 7 Essence, and the Angel-Emperor is 5 Essence, then either the warrior angel or Tykki would be able to beat the Emperor in a fight. This is unacceptable! Would an 8 Essence Archangel-Emperor of Mankind work? (I'm calling him that because it sounds better than Warrior Angel-Emperor of Mankind.)

What is a 4 Essence generic aligned angel capable of doing? Can I get a discount if I make a bunch of them in bulk?

Just to paint a clearer picture, do you watch Supernatural? On another note, one of the weaker archangels in the series blacked out the entire Eastern (USA) seaboard just by appearing. I'm guessing that he would count as the Messanger/Warrior angel you mentioned.

EDIT: What's attunement?

EDIT2: Is there any way to increase max Essence?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:46:32 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 16, 2014, 11:47:14 pm »

Ah, so it was just a difference in classifications. Now let's see, if Tykki was 7 Essence, a warrior angel is ALSO 7 Essence, and the Angel-Emperor is 5 Essence, then either the warrior angel or Tykki would be able to beat the Emperor in a fight. This is unacceptable! Would an 8 Essence Archangel-Emperor of Mankind work? (I'm calling him that because it sounds better than Warrior Angel-Emperor of Mankind.)

Tykki is an Archangel with a boost in fighting ability. Since I am a weapons god, mine will still be stronger, especially with me empowering her in a fight. Tykki is currently the strongest non-god in existence, and that will not change, no matter what you do!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 16, 2014, 11:53:29 pm »

Tykki is an Archangel with a boost in fighting ability. Since I am a weapons god, mine will still be stronger, especially with me empowering her in a fight. Tykki is currently the strongest non-god in existence, and that will not change, no matter what you do!
Granted, your 7 Essence angel will beat one of my 7 Essence warrior angels because she was made by a god of weapons, but what about an 8 Essence warrior angel? A 9 Essence? What if I marshal an army against your angel as well? I'll just say that your angel will be welcomed and the spreading of the knowledge of weapons will go unhindered. My god has (or will have) no problem with yours.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 16, 2014, 11:55:00 pm »

Until someone burns 10 essense on making a giant dragon or something.

$$$$
How much essence would it be to create pole stars for each planet? On planet A it'd be above the planet, and be linked to the concept of Beginnings, and on planet B it'd be under the planet, linked to the concept of Endings.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #175 on: October 16, 2014, 11:56:20 pm »

Would an 8 Essence Archangel-Emperor of Mankind work? (I'm calling him that because it sounds better than Warrior Angel-Emperor of Mankind.)
Realistically, the warrior angel and Tykki are unique units and would be counted as archangels for all but the richest of gods. Additionally, Tykki was designed by a god of weapons, so combat-wise, Tykki is probably near-unbeatable even by other archangels. As the god of humans, your Emperor will likely be more focused on leadership ability than close combat.

What is a 4 Essence generic aligned angel capable of doing? Can I get a discount if I make a bunch of them in bulk?
The majority of the 4 Essence cost is for the design of the angel. Once you have a prototype, buying up more is quite cheap. Note that you cannot buy up bulk amounts of unique-labeled units (and neither can the other gods).

Just to paint a clearer picture, do you watch Supernatural? On another note, one of the weaker archangels in the series blacked out the entire Eastern (USA) seaboard just by appearing. I'm guessing that he would count as the Messanger/Warrior angel you mentioned.
No, but I may read the Tropes page if I find some time.

It is a permanent boost in a specific class of magic. I believe currently, your options are celestial, elemental, psymental, ritual, enchantin, musical, cosmic, dimensional, universal, and eldritch.

EDIT2: Is there any way to increase max Essence?
Yes. Every turn when your projected Essence exceeds your current Essence capacity, you have a chance of increasing Essence capacity. The larger your Essence income, the greater the chance (and amount).

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 16, 2014, 11:59:07 pm »

Until someone burns 10 essense on making a giant dragon or something.
Right. I'm willing to burn extra Essence to make that my Archangel-Emperor's final form. It'll be gold instead of purple, though.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 16, 2014, 11:59:39 pm »

Granted, your 7 Essence angel will beat one of my 7 Essence warrior angels because she was made by a god of weapons, but what about an 8 Essence warrior angel? A 9 Essence? What if I marshal an army against your angel as well? I'll just say that your angel will be welcomed and the spreading of the knowledge of weapons will go unhindered. My god has (or will have) no problem with yours.

Of course mine will be stronger. Weapons are my Sphere, and I am constantly guiding Tykki in her guiding of the mortals. Do you think I could gather more influence over humans than you do just by spending an extra Essence or two? Tykki if fully capable of taking on any army. In fact, you having an army only makes me stronger, in turn empowering Tykki. As god of weapons, I take pride in my sword being the strongest. Even if we never come to blades, mine must be the most powerful in existence!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 17, 2014, 12:07:23 am »

You may want to read my last post in case you missed it. With that said...

You have a point when it comes to trying to outmatch your angel by just increasing the Essence poured into the Emperor, but in what way would an army trying to kill you help you? What if 2.5 million humans were sacrificed to increase the power of the Emperor AND I poured my own being into helping him fight? All this is hypothetical of course. In-game, I'll actually ask you to make the Emperor's sword to strengthen the bond between us.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 17, 2014, 12:09:38 am »

Of course mine will be stronger. Weapons are my Sphere, and I am constantly guiding Tykki in her guiding of the mortals. Do you think I could gather more influence over humans than you do just by spending an extra Essence or two? Tykki if fully capable of taking on any army. In fact, you having an army only makes me stronger, in turn empowering Tykki. As god of weapons, I take pride in my sword being the strongest. Even if we never come to blades, mine must be the most powerful in existence!
This is why, if we fought, I wouldn't test my strength against Tykki, but merely banish her into the sky as a new Constellation.

It is a permanent boost in a specific class of magic. I believe currently, your options are celestial, elemental, psymental, ritual, enchanting, musical, cosmic, dimensional, universal, and eldritch.
Would you be willing to stick this list, and definitions of each type, on post two of the IC thread like with the Skyfeatures? Because I didn't know some of those existed, much less what the difference between cosmic, dimensional and eldritch is. I'm also puzzled at Ritual Magic being a type on its own, as I was under the impression that this was a casting method, not an entire school. (I'm assuming that Celestial is my star magic.)

...It also looks like no one has invented necromancy yet.

Also, since it seems this got missed...

$$$$
How much essence would it be to create pole stars for each planet? On planet A it'd be above the planet, and be linked to the concept of Beginnings, and on planet B it'd be under the planet, linked to the concept of Endings.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 350