Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419435 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2014, 01:03:03 am »

So let's see, it's the Archangel-Emperor of Mankind, Archangel of the God of Humans vs Tykki, Angel of the God of Weapons.

The Emperor will be above-average power compared to a warrior angel, plus a final form that's a giant dragon. On an open field, he will face Tykki with an army of 5,000. Basically being a human, he can be guided by the God of Humans, increasing his power.

Tykki could no doubt beat the Emperor when not in his final form in a one-on-one fight due to her basically being a weapon. Again, due to basically being a weapon, she can be guided by Fusil the God of Weapons, increasing her power.

Without powerups or final forms, archangels can only be killed by armies numbering in the thousands. Let's say 3,000 for a regular one and 7,000 for Tykki. That would mean that she could either kill off the Emperor or the army, but not both.

Adding in guidance, Fusil will be guiding one super weapon and the weapons that the army will bring. The God of Humans will be guiding one super human and 7,000 humans. The army and the Emperor will both have armour as well so that should be taken into account. Also, the strength of the gods' guidance will be determined by how many units of our sphere exist. For Fusil it's the amount of weapons and for the God of Humans it will be the amount of humans. Now, assuming that the average human does not have a weapon, and that the average soldier carries 3, that would mean 21,003 weapons vs 3,000,000 humans so I think the God of Humans will have the advantage.

Finally, there's the fact that the Emperor has a final form that's a giant dragon.

I think I win, even without sacrificing a good 83% of humans to power the Archangel-Emperor.

Even if you managed to get a hundred men fighting in the same place as your emperor, they are nothing in comparison to my Tykki. It takes thousands of mortals to fight off a normal Archangel, if I am correct.
The army I had in mind had hundreds of thousands. An actual army would be comprised of about 20,000 at least. If it only takes thousands to fight off an archangel, then sacrificing millions to an archangel should theoretically increase its power so greatly your archangel wouldn't even get a CHANCE to run away before mine disintegrates it!
If the sacrifice comes from your end, remember that your sphere is humans. It does not reflect well on a god to destroy something so closely aligned.
Then it's a good thing this is all hypothetical!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2014, 01:06:07 am »

At this point, I'm considering creating my own divine servant(s). You know, just in case.

Although, it's not like there's a god of Generosity.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2014, 01:09:01 am »

-snip-
You're kind of overthinking it, but it's entertaining to watch.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2014, 01:09:32 am »

*rolls eyes*
Serac uses surf! It's super effective!
Catastrophic flooding drowns both groups. I win.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2014, 01:10:45 am »

Azem uses, uh...hmm.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2014, 01:11:40 am »

*rolls eyes*
Serac uses surf! It's super effective!
Catastrophic flooding drowns both groups. I win.
The sad thing is that this would actually work. :-\
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2014, 01:15:30 am »

$$$

How much would it cost to talk to my creations, if anything? I'm fairly certain this has been asked before but I can't find it.

Found it. Searching for $$$ doesn't work, but searching for response does.
Oh no!

I'll go edit all my posts with price checks with $$$Response, then. At least $$$ works for in-page searching.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2014, 01:18:59 am »

* Cim drives the nondivine leaders of both armies, possibly the divine ones as well with the aid of the Council, to agreement under threat of heavy sanctions and/or death, forcing a war-ending compromise without a single life lost!

EDIT: If only this worked in real life. Give the UN power over God and the crisis in Ukraine (and Gaza, and so on) is as good as over.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:27:21 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2014, 01:28:42 am »

* The God of Humans and the Angel-Emperor ignore the threat and protect the humans with their power.

So it turns out the attunement stuff is on the OP of this very thread and that to channel power into our followers they need to have the Celestial attunement. Cosmic seems ideal but it's implied that overcharging it would increase the mortality of whoever uses it. Unacceptable for my immortal Angel-Emperor of Mankind! Celestial attunement is too weak to be an aid in battle. Psymental probably wouldn't work on another archangel. The Emperor fights with a SWORD or in DRAGON FORM and NEITHER uses MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS so Musical is OUT! Elemental seems weak as shit because it can be replaced with an AC unit. Ritual can't be performed mid-battle. This leaves either Universal or Dimensional. My Emperor is no coward so having him have Dimensional which is primarily used to GTFO of places is out of the question. That leaves the Emperor with the Universal Attunement.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 17, 2014, 01:36:31 am »

* The God of Humans and the Angel-Emperor ignore the threat and protect the humans with their power.
* Cim and the Council seize all Essence gain from The God of Humans, weakening it, causing it to lose the war.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 17, 2014, 01:44:16 am »

* The God of Humans takes a deal from the Eldritch beings, winning the war and becoming God.

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 17, 2014, 01:46:10 am »

* The God of Humans takes a deal from the Eldritch beings, winning the war and becoming God.

And that's the prequel to the Old Testament, ladies and gentlemen!
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #207 on: October 17, 2014, 01:47:10 am »

So it turns out the attunement stuff is on the OP of this very thread and that to channel power into our followers they need to have the Celestial attunement. Cosmic seems ideal but it's implied that overcharging it would increase the mortality of whoever uses it. Unacceptable for my immortal Angel-Emperor of Mankind! Celestial attunement is too weak to be an aid in battle. Psymental probably wouldn't work on another archangel. The Emperor fights with a SWORD or in DRAGON FORM and NEITHER uses MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS so Musical is OUT! Elemental seems weak as shit because it can be replaced with an AC unit. Ritual can't be performed mid-battle. This leaves either Universal or Dimensional. My Emperor is no coward so having him have Dimensional which is primarily used to GTFO of places is out of the question. That leaves the Emperor with the Universal Attunement.
The definitions there are flexible and only examples. (This will be copied onto the OP)
Universal: This is hard to master (less focused) but can potentially replicate any other class of magic
Celestial: This possibly relates to miracle-working or to divining using the stars and stuff like that. On second thought, maybe we should split this into Thaumaturgy (miracles, divine) and Celestial (divination in general)?
Musical: This covers not only music but also poetry. It probably extends to inspirational speeches, morale-depleting speeches, powered-up one-liners, and stuff like that. So it's music but mostly not music.
Psymental: This is typical psionics business, including telekinesis, reading minds, manipulating minds, and stuff like that.
Ritual: I'm a bit foggy on this one, but what I think it's meant to be is doing things that get the attention of higher or lower powers and make them intervene.
Elemental: Probably obvious.
Dimensional: Creating/destroying/modifying portals and pocket dimensions, transporting stuff, traveling through space, traveling through time (if justified. PM first.). Probably difficult because of its power level.
Cosmic: Doing things you do as gods on a small scale. Mortal souls are not equipped to handle the energy requirements and may end up getting permanently destroyed when they try to do too much.

Attunements to any of these only make magic easier (but by a lot). They do not restrict learned skill.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2014, 01:51:05 am »

Priestly Magic and Astrological/Celestial Magic should not be the same thing. I did not give my Star Elves an innate attunement to the art of being priests, I gave them an innate attunement to the magic of the stars, constellations, and other Skythings.

Edit : I'd call ritual magic, perhaps better known as ceremonial magic, the art of doing magic with lots of people. Group magic, in other words. If you get a hundred followers together to cast something, it should be more impressive then what one mage on his own can do.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:52:45 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #209 on: October 17, 2014, 02:05:06 am »

Magic attunements system updated.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 350