Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419421 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #300 on: October 19, 2014, 09:07:18 pm »

On another random tangent, how does everyone feel about the current update schedule? Should I slip in another mini-update or skip the existing one? Should I extend the ticks or shorten them? There's really been little discussion of this, so I'm not sure if it's a good schedule as it is right now.
I'm happy with it. Your one of the fastest GM's I've had. Not sure what forum games Andres has been in but they haven't been the same ones I've been in :P.

The time in between ticks is a bit lengthy but that's clearly only because your constantly doing either mini turns for people or making calculations.

Do whatever you're comfortable with, I don't want you getting burnt out or sick of writing this because we're draining all the life and creativity out of you. If you feel happy doing more, then that's great!
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 19, 2014, 09:07:28 pm »

That constellation idea is a very good one you should do that.

It does, however, give undue power to the god of the night. And taxes you even more than you already are.
What makes you think it would give him more power? The constellations are unaligned aren't they? Based on what I know it would just make the game more dynamic and interesting.

As for the schedule, it can help to shorten it. Don't extend it though - they already take too long in my opinion.

You haven't been playing, so it isn't like you can really have an opinion on the rules.
This ruffles my jimmies.

As for 3.0, everyone seems to have forgotten it in favor of their own pet creations  ::). After all that donating, they really should exist already. It is rather rude for them not to. We need to come up with some way of getting them born, council action or no.
Kilojoule already suggested a method. Take 1/11 of the humanoids and do what you want, like, now. You don't have to wait anymore. You can just make the humans. Everyone else can do what they want with their shares later.

EDIT:
On another random tangent, how does everyone feel about the current update schedule? Should I slip in another mini-update or skip the existing one? Should I extend the ticks or shorten them? There's really been little discussion of this, so I'm not sure if it's a good schedule as it is right now.
I'm happy with it. Your one of the fastest GM's I've had. Not sure what forum games Andres has been in but they haven't been the same ones I've been in :P.

The time in between ticks is a bit lengthy but that's clearly only because your constantly doing either mini turns for people or making calculations.

Do whatever you're comfortable with, I don't want you getting burnt out or sick of writing this because we're draining all the life and creativity out of you. If you feel happy doing more, then that's great!
All of this. Kilojoule, you really are the fastest GM I have ever met. If you feel you can make more then I say go for it - because more is always better :) - but if you feel you can't handle it then don't worry about it. An update a day is still very good compared to many(most?) other games.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 09:09:26 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 19, 2014, 09:12:48 pm »

What makes you think it would give him more power? The constellations are unaligned aren't they? Based on what I know it would just make the game more dynamic and interesting.

He makes the constellations. He controls the constellations and what they mean. They are aligned to the night sky. We can suggest things, but he has the final say over them. Presumably he could also veto our attempts to mess with them, while having nothing but council action stop his messing with the night sky.

This ruffles my jimmies.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #303 on: October 19, 2014, 09:16:55 pm »

I'm fine with how it is now, no need to change.

And can we create the humanoidsnow, but put them in storage until people choose what to do with their shares?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 19, 2014, 09:21:55 pm »

Plans to defeat Tykki
Kill her
Incapacitate her
Banish her
Weigh her down with magical chains (maybe?)
Befriend her (Aha!)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 19, 2014, 09:29:27 pm »

Plans to defeat Tykki
Kill her
Incapacitate her
Banish her
Befriend her (Aha!)
It might be best to drop this topic by now. It really only serves to clutter the thread, no offense intended.

When you join the game, if you really wish to defeat Tykki so bad, then feel free to carry out your many many different plans of action. Then perhaps you can actually see what works and there will no longer be a need to debate about it.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 19, 2014, 10:00:11 pm »

I'm willing to note I have no plans to control how the constellations effect actions, and the only control I'm exerting over them is forbidding multiples that share the same concepts. (And trying to keep the numbers of skyfeatures the same for both worlds too, I guess.)
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 19, 2014, 10:03:54 pm »

Plans to defeat Tykki
Kill her
Incapacitate her
Banish her
Befriend her (Aha!)

I feel I have to call time out. Quit bickering on this thread, we have a probably way more active RTD forum if you need an outlet for boredom and competition.

I'm willing to note I have no plans to control how the constellations effect actions, and the only control I'm exerting over them is forbidding multiples that share the same concepts. (And trying to keep the numbers of skyfeatures the same for both worlds too, I guess.)

That is exactly what you would say if you had major planes to control how the constellations effect actions! I think Fusil's paranoia is starting to effect me. Or is it the other way around?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 19, 2014, 10:09:04 pm »

Yeah, I kinda forgot about that ban. Sorry. :-[

When you join the game, if you really wish to defeat Tykki so bad, then feel free to carry out your many many different plans of action. Then perhaps you can actually see what works and there will no longer be a need to debate about it.
I actually don't want to do such a thing in-game. I have literally zero reason to do so. Finding a way to beat her was a fun thing to do to pass the time until my awakening. Again, I'll just stop with that. For real this time.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 19, 2014, 10:11:24 pm »

After some internal debate about specifics, I have decided to join!

Name: Joha
Sphere: Life
Primary form and associated symbol: A downwards-pointing triangle circumscribed around a circle, usually green, or a fox, usually not green.
Description/Background: With all of the creation of life going on, her creation/attraction/etc. couldn't really be avoided. Slow to decide, and very difficult to convince against what she has decided on. Usually.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:40:24 pm by Lost in Nowhere »
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 19, 2014, 10:24:34 pm »

Welcome to the club. Or rather, I would welcome you but I'm a sleeping baby and can't do **** yet.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 19, 2014, 10:24:56 pm »

I'd rather if you chose to become someone's nemesis instead of a new sphere, but if you really thought about it for a long time, go ahead.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 19, 2014, 10:35:41 pm »

I may or may not end up changing it to one of the other spheres I was considering...
One option I was considering was Death, which is somewhat a nemesis to Humans; also with Fire, being more directly against Oceans (Water, really)...
I'm currently leaning more towards not changing it, though.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 19, 2014, 10:38:36 pm »

Hm. Of the active players we have one pair of opposites, but they don't seem to much mind each others existence.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 19, 2014, 10:38:54 pm »

I may or may not end up changing it to one of the other spheres I was considering...
One option I was considering was Death, which is somewhat a nemesis to Humans; also with Fire, being more directly against Oceans (Water, really)...
I'm currently leaning more towards not changing it, though.

It is fine, I think IcyTea is the only one who really cares  :P. The GM wanted to have opposites for a while, but I am pretty sure I saw "Life" as one of the randomly suggested ones, he is probably fine with it. Everyone else never really thought about opposites, aside from the first few.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 350