Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419448 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #375 on: October 22, 2014, 04:10:28 am »

Any such sanctions are expected to be reasonable.
This could potentially allow players to weasel out of "unreasonable" sanctions. Perhaps making it more specific will help.
Expectation does not affect validity. The corollary allows complaining about sanctions, nothing more. If you do manage to convince others of the unreasonability (a daunting task, considering they are the ones who decided on it), it might get changed or even removed.

Conflicts involving ONLY unaligned assets MAY be acted on by the Council.
I'm not sure how useful the Council will be with this clause. I guess if the Council agrees to remove its own power, there's no problem, but it does seem to severely limit the intervention of the Council, since most wars will probably be between deities anyway.
This clause and its corollaries are what I would define as the main attraction of the code, the one most relevant right now. However, note the contradiction in clause §7 that allows the Council to technically intervene, just without calling it that. Basically, the clauses mean "Take it outside, you two, and don't come crying to me when you get hurt. Don't mind me shooting you from the window, though".

Deities MAY NOT act upon other deities' assets UNLESS given permission.
Does this restrict what a deity's assets can do with guidance/orders to another deity's assets?
Clause §8. Doing so means you break the Code and might be given sanctions. So yes, it does.

As I see it, these are not exactly loopholes.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:16:39 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 22, 2014, 04:18:26 am »

What are the rules for PMs to other players, by the way? Send a copy to the GM as well? Not that I'd do any such backroom deals with others, of course. Most definitely not.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 22, 2014, 04:26:32 am »

How many humans are there in each of the worlds? Are there any humanoids left that can be made with 3.00? How will the surplus 3.00 Essence be handled?

$$$
Doubling the size of 200 Humanos Grande
Creating new double-size Humanos

What are the rules for PMs to other players, by the way? Send a copy to the GM as well? Not that I'd do any such backroom deals with others, of course. Most definitely not.
I think it would be ok so long as we tell him when we do actual actions like making new races or whatever, or else they won't be canon. It's not like he needs to know all our motivations and plans and stuff anyway.

EDIT: I think it's time to start changing subtitles on the IC thread. '(Started and recruiting)' is good and all but maybe change it to the subtitle of the current ticks or something?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:32:27 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #378 on: October 22, 2014, 05:41:08 am »

-snip-
As I see it, these are not exactly loopholes.
I concede. I'm not that good at legalese anyway.

Feel free to do whatever you want, but understand that there are no restrictions on sending copies to the GM. Try not to repost them here or in IC, though. The GM reserves the right to judge what information other players might notice (which is typically not enough to identify the culprit anyway, based on multiple shenanigans so far). If you do something drastic or something that requires Essence, I suggest sending a copy to me for verification. Sometimes, things are easier, and sometimes, things are harder.

How many humans are there in each of the worlds? Are there any humanoids left that can be made with 3.00? How will the surplus 3.00 Essence be handled?

$$$
Doubling the size of 200 Humanos Grande
Creating new double-size Humanos

I think it would be ok so long as we tell him when we do actual actions like making new races or whatever, or else they won't be canon. It's not like he needs to know all our motivations and plans and stuff anyway.

EDIT: I think it's time to start changing subtitles on the IC thread. '(Started and recruiting)' is good and all but maybe change it to the subtitle of the current ticks or something?
As of now, I think there are around 1.2 million humans? I'll go recheck when there's time, but rest assured that 03.00 has been completed, and the surplus Essence randomly distributed.

$$$Response
High 0-1
Low 1-2

Subtitle changed.

I wonder if I should post my (probably inaccurate) shipping map...

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 22, 2014, 05:49:10 am »

I wonder if I should post my (probably inaccurate) shipping map...
Shipping map? Go for it. It will be hilarious.

Would the angels of a God of Eldritch look like Evangelion angels? I only watched up to Rebuild of Evangelion 2.22 so keep that in mind.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 22, 2014, 05:50:51 am »

...Please tell me I'm not on it. Please.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 22, 2014, 05:52:47 am »

When you said shipping map my first thought was 'ocean shipping? Wait, we can have a world map?!?' and then I realized what you meant.

Anyway, I'm going to refuse the code of conduct until my followers loosing their temper and beating up someone else's doesn't penalize me, as the currently suggested rules does. Nor am I in favor of being unable to smite someone for mouthing off to me just cause he worships someone else.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #382 on: October 22, 2014, 05:54:07 am »

OK, I won't.

It's not the romantic kind of shipping. It's more like the Civilization diplomacy screen. More literally, it is partly based on how much stuff gets shipped between the two parties per period of time.

Actually, I just might want a world map at some point. This spontaneous war arc might get confusing without one with all the supply lines and stuff.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:09:17 am by Kilojoule Proton »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 22, 2014, 05:59:45 am »

I like how my connections are just all green. Which I assume is good.

Is that supposed to be a Wyrm or a Dragon on the chipped coin?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 22, 2014, 06:00:27 am »

Think you could stick names by those images? Some of them are confusing. And by some, I mean 'most'.

It's hard to make sense of it when you keep having to cross reference to try to figure out who is what image.

What do the different colors mean, anyway? I assume green is good and red is bad, but what is blue? Or Yellow? Or Grey?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #385 on: October 22, 2014, 06:04:59 am »

Green: Friendly
Cyan: Requesting a favor
Gray: Ignored
Red: Hostile
Yellow: Tense

Line segment near terminal: Lazy arrowhead

Top left, clockwise: Cim, Varee, Fusil, Azem, Anath, Khaziraad, Kli, Grauel, Serac, Light, Artisanii, Yaos, Joha

On the coin, I'm not sure.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 22, 2014, 06:05:42 am »

Think you could stick names by those images? Some of them are confusing. And by some, I mean 'most'.

It's hard to make sense of it when you keep having to cross reference to try to figure out who is what image.

What do the different colors mean, anyway? I assume green is good and red is bad, but what is blue? Or Yellow? Or Grey?
I agree. I don't even know which of them I am. The yellow thing on the left I'm guessing? How is that related to me? Looks like the CK2 symbol for Zoroastrianism. I still really do like that there's a shipping map though. Kudos and much appreciated!

EDIT: Ninja'd by the GM! :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:10:36 am by Andres »

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 22, 2014, 06:08:26 am »

Also I totally support a world map because it lets us see where our peoples are and do things like landscaping with actual effects and choosing where to put down interesting new features, as well as the whole war thing. And lets us see trade routes and who's in contact with who. And so on.
Forenia Forever!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 22, 2014, 06:10:58 am »

Except we had to go and make the logistics hard with our two world system.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 22, 2014, 06:11:25 am »

How is that related to me? Looks like the CK2 symbol for Zoroastrianism. I'm guessing that's it? I need to come up with a proper symbol methinks.

Except we had to go and make the logistics hard with our two world system.
Yeah we're kinda ****ed aren't we?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 350