Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419426 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #630 on: October 29, 2014, 03:13:23 am »

I noticed. Good job on clarifying! :)

(At the very least, that should cut down on the confusing (I/OO)C arguments.)

Also, since the narrative about those particular humans seems to be degenerating into a game of Telephone, here are a few clarifications in rough chronological order:
  • The grandfather died of an unspecified alcohol-related accident in the far past and has recycled back to Keshan as a poor, young resident of some random town. This should not have been relevant but I worded the first post for these events poorly. I doubt he will be much involved
  • The father, until recently a minor nobleman, died during a Gruen skirmish and has been reborn on Slytha
  • The mother, until recently a minor noblewoman, died while giving birth to a son and has been reborn on Slytha as well
  • The daughter has been given custody over her infant brother. She is feeling wrathful
  • The son seems to be ill and thanks to fate (choo choo!) cannot be healed even by a god of Humans and a goddess of Life
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:22:02 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 29, 2014, 03:26:04 am »

Wait if the father died in a Gruen skirmish, then who did my Inquisitors kill? They killed someone when they tried to retrieve the Piece.

$$$
Price check on altering the emotions of a human
Price check on making Zephemural and Telialas myself, rather than having Fusil make them
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #632 on: October 29, 2014, 03:31:08 am »

The elder brother (oops!). He intended to resurrect at least one parent, but was a bit too desperate for the Inquisitors.

$$$Response
Altering emotions: Depends on plot-relevance (random human: 0; making a regional governor go insane with happiness or something: 2+)
Zephemural+Telialas yourself: High 10-11

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 29, 2014, 03:41:37 am »

Well can I possibly revive him? Is HE in the Human Plane?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #634 on: October 29, 2014, 03:47:05 am »

Nope.

(A god of fate or plot played by a clever player could actually get overpowered (and not in the sense in which everyone overpowers said player).:P)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 29, 2014, 03:52:51 am »

"I wish my little brother would get better, but not even the priests can heal him and my inheritance is running out." (plot-block)
Bereaved girl: "You stupid gods only ever make things worse! He was already sick before and now he's only getting worse! I hate you all! Get ooout! Get out!"
She was praying either to me - a god - or the council - a bunch of gods. Why would she then get angry at the gods when one of them directly appears in front of her to try and help?

EDIT:
Army purchases may be available starting Tick 18.
It's Tick 18 and I don't know what 'army purchases' are. Did I miss something?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:44:47 am by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 29, 2014, 10:44:28 am »

Fun fact of the day: the correct pronoun to refer to Cim is 'it'. Pure order knows no gender.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #637 on: October 29, 2014, 01:36:12 pm »

Army purchases: Buying your war stuff and units. I think it's now sufficiently balanced, but I'll have to check each price again.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 29, 2014, 02:54:05 pm »

Fun Fact of the Light: The Light does not care about gender, and may be referred to as it he she they we I you and prmlsk.
Everything, in the End, is Light

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 29, 2014, 03:15:40 pm »

Army purchases: Buying your war stuff and units. I think it's now sufficiently balanced, but I'll have to check each price again.
So are we able to do that yet? I don't know how to do that.

EDIT: The Sign Out button doesn't work on the Keshan Warzone web page.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:17:48 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #640 on: October 29, 2014, 05:57:58 pm »

"I wish my little brother would get better, but not even the priests can heal him and my inheritance is running out." (plot-block)
Bereaved girl: "You stupid gods only ever make things worse! He was already sick before and now he's only getting worse! I hate you all! Get ooout! Get out!"
She was praying either to me - a god - or the council - a bunch of gods. Why would she then get angry at the gods when one of them directly appears in front of her to try and help?
That would be because I overcomplicated the subplot by not just revealing the conclusion a sentence later, and now I end up having to flesh out nigh-implausible details (choo choo!) that didn't really exist until they were actually observed. (Note that it's not actually my own subplot completely)

So are we able to do that yet? I don't know how to do that.

EDIT: The Sign Out button doesn't work on the Keshan Warzone web page.
I'll get around to that, but it seems to be a problem with the cookies being registered to the /private subdirectory and having the link appear in the navbar, which is under / . Once that's all done, I'll make a little form for sending purchase and movement orders.

Since I also realized that editing maps in GIMP for more than an hour everyday will not be terribly efficient, I think I will go ahead and implement the HTML5 canvas stuff. The code may resemble a thin, extruded pasta, but then, I'll only need a few minutes each day to post updates. Fortunately, this week-end marks the end of the non-programming-related midterms. The main question is one of whether anyone still wants to go to war after possible interest decline over a week.

There is also the question of whether people opposing a proposal should have creative control of the results. Myself, I think only supporters, abstainers, and no-voters should actually be allowed, but the current system allows anyone to have creative control regardless of voting. This may result in spite creations if, for example, an opposer decided to fill up most of a proposal creation quota with something no one else wants.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 29, 2014, 06:03:22 pm »

After all the work you put in how could we not try it out? :P

I really do though. It sounds fun.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 29, 2014, 06:04:27 pm »

The main question is one of whether anyone still wants to go to war after possible interest decline over a week.
Well technically I don't want to go to war but seeing as how it's kind of necessary I'm still up for it.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #643 on: October 29, 2014, 06:09:58 pm »

Just remember that I really don't mind if any of you want to stop the war. It won't be a waste of effort or anything like that, and the system will probably continue development regardless of whether anyone actually ends up using it or not because some warring is probably inevitable.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 29, 2014, 09:23:21 pm »

If I might suggest something about the titling scheme is to make the alliteration rarer. It's not really special when it's like that for EVERY update and sometimes it feels like you're forcing yourself to use words that don't accurately describe the situation JUST for the sake of alliteration. Your choice of course. It's just a suggestion. Possibly also an opinion.

$$$
Price check on passing Proposal 18.00 without the help of the other gods
Price check on passing a modified Proposal 18.00 that only applies to humans, without the help of the other gods
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:06:52 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 350