Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419440 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods OOC [15/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #720 on: November 01, 2014, 03:45:14 pm »

That's if they find out, of course. ;)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 01, 2014, 03:47:30 pm »

Well there was that one god who made an angel that could detect Void energy, so it's at least a little bit likely now.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 01, 2014, 04:13:45 pm »

Could someone remind me, if Minion-ons have free will outside of queens?
Are they even sapient?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #723 on: November 01, 2014, 04:48:32 pm »

Not really. For the most part, only the queens and maybe drones can actually think sufficiently independently. The workers and soldiers have very little independence on account of being in a hive mind.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #724 on: November 01, 2014, 08:14:01 pm »

-snip-
wrong thread

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 01, 2014, 08:14:49 pm »

Wrong forum. The update should go on the game one, not the sign up and talk  :P.

Wow you are quick.  ???
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 01, 2014, 08:41:59 pm »

Um so about the Mystic Festival...I guess that it's ok to last a few weeks, but we're clear on the fact that the Mystic Snow only snows for a single day, right?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #727 on: November 01, 2014, 08:48:37 pm »

Well, I'm having some RL problems, can I get put in stasis for now?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #728 on: November 01, 2014, 09:42:58 pm »

You(/Serac) have been locked until further notice. This forbids aborption. Good luck on resolving the problems.

Um so about the Mystic Festival...I guess that it's ok to last a few weeks, but we're clear on the fact that the Mystic Snow only snows for a single day, right?
It falls a single day and the festivities last for as long as there is enough, I think.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 01, 2014, 09:47:46 pm »

That's basically how it should go.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 01, 2014, 10:10:56 pm »

Best of luck with whatever is going on. Hope to see you back soon. It's a pleasure to be involved in the game together.

Not that it's anything enforcable by anyone but the GM but should we all collectively agree not to actively target Cptn's creations for anything until his return? Some protection for his essence income seems nice in addition to just protecting his essence stores. There might be a better way of doing that than my suggestion but just throwing it out there. Maybe he gets an essence boost when he returns equal to anything that gets damaged of his? That might be less restrictive on the game while still protecting him.

Same should probably go for other locked players but I think Cptn is the first with an actual income to go into stasis.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 01, 2014, 10:11:40 pm »

(And I doubt Lyle will win because there is no one source to lay a lawsuit on, all the gem dragons are likely to deny they owe anything anyway, he doesn't actually have a court to take the matter to, and so on. If he actually separated out all the ones that took money, got them to admit taking the money, got them to admit that they should show up at court over it, got them to actually show up at court about it, and had a court for them to show up at, maybe, but as is I doubt he'll get anything from even one dragon. No group suits for the dragons when they're all independent and you'll have to go after each of them individually.)

(And of course, his first issue will be proving that they are actually one of the dragons that took money, instead of one of the ones that didn't hear about it in time/was busy with something else/was too far away at the time/was otherwise distracted. And you know none of them are going to admit anything to someone who wants to take away their shinies.)

(Also, beyond that remember that each constellation only effects the word they are actually on, not both worlds. Which was it that had the war going on again? Because the Staff is only on World A.)
(As for the rest of the stuff, he doesn't need to take any dragons to court. You're thinking too modern. This is a land where gods, dragons, monsters, and magic all live under the same metaphorical roof so it would be unwise to think that the world functions exactly the same as our own - in this case in regards to law.
Here's one way I think could happen: Lyle goes to the High Temple. He tells them they have to pay back the Empire for the money the Gem Dragons stole as the highest representatives of the race. When they inevitably decline, he mentions that they're the High Temple of Greed not the High Temple of Gem Dragons and goes on to say that if they would be going against the will of Azem by actively attempting to stop the pursuit of the greed of other races. If - as is most likely - the High Temple says that if they do pay they'll be stopping the pursuit of greed of Gem Dragons at which point Lyle will cut them off and sue them for being racist by accusing them of disregarding all other races to put their own at an advantage. From there they have to either pay a large sum of money, or pay a large sum of money AND be seen by everyone as a bunch of racist gits.
I'm just going to say now that the arguments in that example aren't all that great and they aren't airtight but IRL I'm just a mere human - I am physically incapable of coming up with the arguments capable of the First Lawyer that has blessings from both the god of humans/ambition and the god of LAW, as well as being under a powered constellation that gives a bonus to law. Besides that, international/Gem Dragon law hasn't really been touched on so Lyle can make shit up as he goes and it'll all be canonised.)
Hahahaha. No. What will happen is that the High Temple will laugh in his face, point out that they are not the highest authority for the gem dragons/never took any money in that incident, flatly refuse to pay up anything, and then kick Lyle out. As you said, High Temple of Greed, not of Gem Dragons. They aren't responsible for humanity being foolish enough to pay Gem Dragons a lot of cash and not get anything out of it.

IE, The High Temple of Greed isn't the highest representative of the Gem Dragons, it's the highest Representative of the god of greed and his followers. Not the same thing. Other people, and especially other gods, being foolish and lax with their cash isn't their problem /at all/.

Any Lawsuit that tries to get the Gem Dragons to pay up by going through them is about as likely to work as any other Lawsuit that tries to get People A to pay up by Lawsuiting People B. In other words, it's not going to work at all.

Edit : You accused me of 'thinking too modernish' about this, but bluntly, expecting a lawsuit to work at all, or even be relevant, is your 'thinking too modernish' problem.

EditEdit : also, as a reminder, the Staff is the Constellation of Law, not Justice, so it'd help whoever you are utterly failing to sue just as much.

Good luck with whatever the issue is.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:44:17 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #732 on: November 01, 2014, 10:29:52 pm »

Best of luck with whatever is going on. Hope to see you back soon. It's a pleasure to be involved in the game together.
I'll be back once I get over my current depression, hopefully just a few days...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 01, 2014, 10:58:36 pm »

@Happerry: Eh. We'll see what happens. If I do have to find the individual Gem Dragons in order to get the money then I could enlist the help of Divination mages to find them. If they don't pay up I have the angel kill them. A generic angel should theoretically beat a Gem Dragon in a one-on-one fight I think. Worst case scenario is I genocide/orbital bombard them until they decide to pay.

Not that it's anything enforcable by anyone but the GM but should we all collectively agree not to actively target Cptn's creations for anything until his return? Some protection for his essence income seems nice in addition to just protecting his essence stores. There might be a better way of doing that than my suggestion but just throwing it out there. Maybe he gets an essence boost when he returns equal to anything that gets damaged of his? That might be less restrictive on the game while still protecting him.

Same should probably go for other locked players but I think Cptn is the first with an actual income to go into stasis.
I disagree for the most part. I think their Essence should be locked so it can't be stolen, used, or supplemented at all. I mostly agree on not messing up his creations until he's back but it should be based on the honour system rather than GM-enforced, and interaction with his creations should be allowed if it's absolutely necessary.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 01, 2014, 11:40:37 pm »

<_<
>_>

Yah, sure, good luck with that.

On the subject of locked players, yah, it'd be a real dick move to break their stuff while they are gone, so let's not do it.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 350