Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419438 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [15/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #825 on: November 05, 2014, 10:06:22 pm »

Edit: The Gruen can eat anything, so does that mean they can eat their buildings when under siege?

Technically, I'd say yes but in the war game I don't see anything implemented that would correlate to that particular racial attribute.

*Cough Cough* Not that I'd be opposed to the Gruen having a racial bonus to Food since they can eat anything and use photosynthesis but I won't push it.
It would actually make more sense than their current bonus. I also seem to have forgotten why they get so much more Move than Humans when they're basically just plant orcs.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:13:29 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 05, 2014, 10:18:42 pm »

Technically both make some sense. Gruen adapt to new environments within just a few generations I believe. I think that's where the current attack bonus comes from. I assume the move bonus is somewhat related to their adaptability as well but I admit I'm unsure.

If all of the in-thread bonuses of races were to be included though, I presume there would be serious imbalance in the war game though. I'm not just saying that out of favoritism for the Gruen either. Technically they don't have much in the way of magic compared to several other races which is their main disadvantage that doesn't show up in the wargame imo.

Really I think that's what it all comes down to. The GM is just trying to make things balanced for the war game despite the huge differences between the races that would otherwise make balance a bit off. Hence, why I joking mentioned the lack of a Gruen Food bonus while saying I wasn't pushing for it.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 05, 2014, 10:24:34 pm »

I'm willing to to accept the Gruen having an unlimited amount of time before they die of hunger (via siege) so long as their Move get notched down a bit. The Att bonus makes sense.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 05, 2014, 10:48:27 pm »

Meh. Out of respect to the GM, I'm not actually asking for any changes. The war game is just about to start and I doubt he wants to go back and start remodeling the base racial attributes now.

Besides, to me at least, it's quite literally just a game inside a game. I don't care much about the outcome and I don't feel particularly invested in whatever happens outiside of for my amusement. If humans win and even if the Gruen empire is entirely wiped out, I have no qualms with making up the difference of essence income by starting hunger cults in other races. Actually I can think of several ways me starting to get directly involved with other races could be far scarier than me toying around with the Gruen. And by scarier, I mean more fun!
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 05, 2014, 10:52:47 pm »

That is a healthy attitude to have. Healthier than you might think......

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 05, 2014, 11:03:39 pm »

If all of the in-thread bonuses of races were to be included though, I presume there would be serious imbalance in the war game though. I'm not just saying that out of favoritism for the Gruen either. Technically they don't have much in the way of magic compared to several other races which is their main disadvantage that doesn't show up in the wargame imo.

To be fair, the Armu would own the Gruen in turn. We didn't exactly design our races with the idea of "Balance" in mind. If every race was as strong as in the fluff, mountains would probably be leveled with surprising regularity.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 06, 2014, 01:30:00 am »

True that. Golems can be made out of steel and curent tech levels couldn't realy deal with that. Even more so because golems could open fissures underneath enemies with teraforming magic.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 06, 2014, 01:48:44 am »

Geneva Heldinheim Convention, anyone?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 06, 2014, 01:51:07 am »

True that. Golems can be made out of steel and curent tech levels couldn't realy deal with that. Even more so because golems could open fissures underneath enemies with teraforming magic.

I just made the Seppo, who can easily make weapons that easily slice trough steel. Armu have cosmic magic, meaning they are godlike enough to easily beat golems.

WHY MUST YOU ALWAYS WORK TO LIMIT OUR POWER?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 06, 2014, 02:07:08 am »

WHY MUST YOU ALWAYS WORK TO LIMIT OUR POWER?
I lol'd. :'D

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #835 on: November 06, 2014, 04:28:52 am »

CoC night was fun! Now, back to work and "work."

I'm thinking of adding city ability/bonuses for the various races after the conversation here in the last few hours seeing a conspicuous lack of Gruen Food bonus thing. They'll be mostly minor changes adding primarily flavor and possibly perturbing close battles. Does anyone else want me to invest some time in this?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 06, 2014, 05:07:23 am »

Yes, some racial bonuses would be nice, as golems do not need food at all.

That cosmic magic is porly defined. As in not defined at all. As for enchanted weapons I am rather interesred ( real interest, not to discredit theirpower) how they would fare against breaker knights.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 06, 2014, 05:14:21 am »

Does anyone else want me to invest some time in this?
To be honest I think it's time to just play with what we have. At some point we have to stop the delays and roll with it.

As for enchanted weapons I am rather interesred ( real interest, not to discredit theirpower) how they would fare against breaker knights.
The Breaker Knights have been utterly annihilated. The last of the Breaker Knights were in that Luminee village. I took them all back to a dungeon, interrogated them, and promptly executed them. The rest I captured from before the final raid are in prisons or re-education facilities without any enchanted equipment.

That cosmic magic is porly defined. As in not defined at all.
That is indeed a thing that is true.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 06, 2014, 08:12:54 am »

To be fair, the Armu would own the Gruen in turn. We didn't exactly design our races with the idea of "Balance" in mind. If every race was as strong as in the fluff, mountains would probably be leveled with surprising regularity.
Yeah, I was actually pointing out the Gruen's weakness in the post you quoted, not their strength. It's not coincidental that I just recently offered to pay you to make Grue Hybrids out of the currently most magically inclined race in the game. Imagine their magic with Gruen adaptability. That would be interesting.

If I had to point out their greatest strength it would actually be just that. They can live symbiotically with other races.

CoC night was fun! Now, back to work and "work."

I'm thinking of adding city ability/bonuses for the various races after the conversation here in the last few hours seeing a conspicuous lack of Gruen Food bonus thing. They'll be mostly minor changes adding primarily flavor and possibly perturbing close battles. Does anyone else want me to invest some time in this?
Your choice. I wouldn't mind playing the game without it but I could see it being interesting.
Sure thing peanut man!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 06, 2014, 12:20:16 pm »

That cosmic magic is porly defined. As in not defined at all. As for enchanted weapons I am rather interesred ( real interest, not to discredit theirpower) how they would fare against breaker knights.

I would guess pretty well. Made by masters smiths created by the Weapon God, there is little chance that Cim's small blessings could stand up against them, especially if we use their weakness against ranged weaponry.

Also, cosmic power being poorly defined is a benefit, not a weakness. It means that essentially their power is limitless!

That is indeed a thing that is true.

Also, cosmic power being poorly defined is a benefit, not a weakness. It means that essentially their power is limitless!

Yeah, I was actually pointing out the Gruen's weakness in the post you quoted, not their strength. It's not coincidental that I just recently offered to pay you to make Grue Hybrids out of the currently most magically inclined race in the game. Imagine their magic with Gruen adaptability. That would be interesting.

I as half asleep at the time, and now I am the other half asleep.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 350