Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419384 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #1230 on: November 16, 2014, 06:44:22 am »

$$$
Price check on creating a moon-sized space battleship with a wave motion gun on the front and can transform into a humanoid form
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 16, 2014, 06:53:45 am »

Er, why the human form? "Oh hey, Death-Star-Ersatz, nice to see you. Have you blown up any planets recently? That's great, let's get drunk to celebrate."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 16, 2014, 06:59:25 am »

It's not from Star Wars. The Death Star is not a battleship, it's a moon a space station. ;)

EDIT: Just to be nitpicky, it doesn't have a WMG either. It has a big ****-off laser but big ****-off lasers aren't WMGs.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 07:03:27 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 16, 2014, 07:04:36 am »

That's beside the point. What I want to know is, why the carp does a moon-sized spaceship have a human form? What is the point?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 16, 2014, 07:14:02 am »

Final forms are cool?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 16, 2014, 02:24:07 pm »

Ugh, Keshan. The only regret I have for not playing sooner is that it was named that. Sounds too much like Kesha to me.

...You where playing for the naming of the planets. You voted for bad references, something like "Malic". I remember because I brought up that list of words for "Earth".
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1236 on: November 16, 2014, 02:51:03 pm »

$$$Response
What is with all the attempts at creating superguns anyway? You're (sg.) not the only one. ;)

Moon-sized ... supergun ... humanoid alternate form: 20-21E
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 02:52:56 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 16, 2014, 02:59:26 pm »

Ugh, Keshan. The only regret I have for not playing sooner is that it was named that. Sounds too much like Kesha to me.

...You where playing for the naming of the planets. You voted for bad references, something like "Malic". I remember because I brought up that list of words for "Earth".
Yeah, at the time I didn't know that there were already some names that could be voted on. Kinda why I dropped the names I proposed when you brought out your suggestions.

EDIT:
$$$
Price check on creating a science-enhanced angel

EDIT2: I'll update the Bestiary when I get home from TAFE. I'll need to know the name of those 450 flightless birds being created.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 03:20:40 pm by Andres »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 16, 2014, 03:45:54 pm »

The Gruen are scared? Of an opportunity to get more food? Huh I guess I messed up on making them.

$$$ Price check on making the Gruen a little more brave overall as a species.

They should enjoy eating so much that stuff like that doesn't even really bother them that much.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1239 on: November 16, 2014, 04:07:41 pm »

$$$Response
Andres: A science-enhanced angel? What?

gman8181: 1-2E I guess? It's not the ones who sallied forth to eat the monsters who are scared; it's mostly the average citizens who heard horrific (and probably exaggerated) rumors about it or lost something to the monsters.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 16, 2014, 04:18:57 pm »

A combat-enhanced angel is better at combat, a science-enhanced angel is better at science.

$$$
Upgrading a Jumper Angel to have a 1 second cool-down instead of a 15-second cooldown
Upgrading a Jumper Angel to be able to jump with mortals/angels without burning out

They shall be called Quick Jumpers and Group Jumpers, respectively. It is canon.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:22:59 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1241 on: November 16, 2014, 04:52:36 pm »

Here I introduce a new term for price checks:
Assymptotic: As efficiency approaches 100%, price approaches infirnity, e.g. approach complete invulnerability -> approach infinite cost.

$$$
Science-enhanced: Train it up or make backstory for tendency toward it instead. Science isn't really like magic attunements.
1s cooldown (Quick Jumpers): Too overpowered, I think.
Jump with mortals/angels without any risk of burning out (Group Jumpers): Assymptotic cost depending on

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 16, 2014, 05:44:40 pm »

It's not from Star Wars. The Death Star is not a battleship, it's a moon a space station. ;)

EDIT: Just to be nitpicky, it doesn't have a WMG either. It has a big ****-off laser but big ****-off lasers aren't WMGs.

If we're being nitpicky...

The Death Star is in fact listed as an example. A gigantic-ass-huger-than-anything laser is basically the definition of a WMG.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 16, 2014, 05:56:27 pm »

$$$
Science-enhanced: Train it up or make backstory for tendency toward it instead. Science isn't really like magic attunements.
1s cooldown (Quick Jumpers): Too overpowered, I think.
Jump with mortals/angels without any risk of burning out (Group Jumpers): Assymptotic cost depending on

*checks the OP*

There....there isn't any Combat attunement either, so how does combat-enhanced worked? Is it because body and mind upgrades work differently? Looking at the attunements, which one is best for body-healing (besides Divine)?

Group Jumpers
$$$
Level 1: 1 Human
Level 2: 5 Humans/1 Angel
Level 3: 2 Angels/1 Archangel

The levels are rather arbitrary because I don't know precisely how powerful each being is compared to the others.

If we're being nitpicky...

The Death Star is in fact listed as an example. A gigantic-ass-huger-than-anything laser is basically the definition of a WMG.
But the Death Star's laser is so tiny compared to the thing the battleship is firing in that picture. To me, the Death Star's laser is more "utility" while a WMG is more "weapon" and relies more heavily on Rule of Cool (regardless of whether there's a decent explanation for a WMG). Does that make sense?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 16, 2014, 06:08:41 pm »

The Death Star is the size of a small moon.

The only way it's laser is tiny is in comparison to the size of the Death Star itself, and besides which, it's called the Death Star. As in, killing. And it uses the laser to blow up planets.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 350