Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 420574 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #1830 on: November 28, 2014, 04:36:57 am »

Just like chi! :D
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: November 28, 2014, 06:00:38 am »

Is it possible for a god to store Essence outside of their body? For example, I extract 1 Essence from myself and put it into an orb. I can absorb that orb to get back te Essence, I could give it to people to carry around, or I could use it for projects.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 06:21:55 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: November 28, 2014, 11:12:31 am »

Is it possible for a god to store Essence outside of their body? For example, I extract 1 Essence from myself and put it into an orb. I can absorb that orb to get back te Essence, I could give it to people to carry around, or I could use it for projects.

I'm gonna bet on no.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1833 on: November 28, 2014, 03:14:33 pm »

$$$Response
Rolepgeek: Retroactive discounts for Protection-related stuff: Yes, but with a repost for what you want (It's not actually that much of a discount)

Chocobo domestication: In all likelihood, yes. I'm almost sure you created them with the nominal price of a to-be-domesticated animal.

Technology: Last time I checked, it was similar to our technology in the early Middle Ages.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum: Race decreasing attributes for later use: 3-4E

Propagating races: Not really if you're patient. Also, inbreeding and a whole host of genetic effects are skipped over so as to avoid the *ahem* subjects and reduce the amount of work I need to do for all your various races.

Andres: Influence Essence from Humans: Yes, but you won't notice it unless you have on the order of a hundred samples and they happen to be amenable to statistical analyses.

Jasecs: Where would they find solid ground with 10G of gravity? All the moons aren't likely to be terribly dense, and the gas giants can't really be said to have solid ground at a depth at which 10G of gravity is present.
Base: 3-4E
300x: 4-5E
Magic and chi instead: H 3-4E
Magic and physical instead: H 3-4E
Physical, magical, and chi: 5-6E

As usual, affinity does not produce a race of mages. That would be incredibly silly and equivalent to saying that those of us who are humans are all marathon runners and super-chefs.

Storing Essence outside body: Limited amounts and on a case-by-case basis. Attempts to abuse the system will net an immediate warning just as attempting to create overpowered things would.

Everyone: Google is your friend. (Or DDG or Yahoo or Bing or whatever you prefer to use)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: November 28, 2014, 07:16:30 pm »

I'm mostly wondering about the Godplate.

It's the only thing I would suspect to be a truly noticeable discount.

I'm hoping it's at least down to around 14E or so for Unique version.

Does making something Unique make it more powerful individually than a single non-Unique version? I mean, if I'm spending twice as much...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: November 28, 2014, 07:22:43 pm »

have on the order of a hundred samples
I don't think this makes grammatical sense. What does it mean?

Where would they find solid ground with 10G of gravity?
Planning to make a planet with 10G. Don't worry, you already did a price check on making it.

That would be incredibly silly and equivalent to saying that those of us who are humans are all marathon runners and super-chefs.
That is pretty much exactly what I wanted, except instead of everyone being a marathon runner or a super chef, they're wizards. Considering the prices of current Jasecs, however, I don't think I'll ask for another price check.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: November 28, 2014, 07:39:34 pm »

have on the order of a hundred samples
I don't think this makes grammatical sense. What does it mean?
It means, basically, that however many samples you would have would need to be somewhere in the hundreds. I think.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1837 on: November 28, 2014, 08:20:37 pm »

Uniqueness provides a relatively high amount of plot armor and is probably the only thing that can truly be considered to be similar to patenting. What happens is that creating further copies of the item gets more expensive very quickly while other copies exist.

$$$Response
Godplate (aligned, non-unique): 7-8E
Godplate (aligned, unique): 14-15E

Andres: Basically what Lost In Nowhere said. To be confident of its effects not being statistical noise, you would need to record about a hundred samples given the non-ideal conditions.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: November 28, 2014, 08:33:18 pm »

Anyone want to bet how many deaths Yaos will go through before his character is rerolled?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: November 28, 2014, 08:34:16 pm »

Well, I guess I'm asking; would the first Godplate cost 14-15E if it was unique, or would additional Godplates past the first one cost that much?

I'm guessing about 7 at most, Stirk. Somewhere around there.

I actually think this will probably be his last or second to last death, since max essence is halved each time...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1840 on: November 28, 2014, 08:47:25 pm »

Stirk: That was a bit brutal... [indeterminate emoticon]

Godplate: Listed price is for the first one. Unique Godplates will cost (a lot) more after the first batch.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: November 28, 2014, 09:56:47 pm »

To be confident of its effects not being statistical noise, you would need to record about a hundred samples given the non-ideal conditions.
So I need to get one hundred Humans, find out what each of them are doing, and then average out their influence on the world and other sapients to figure out how much Influence I get from them, then multiply it by the amount of Humans there are in the world? Statistics....aren't my strong suit.

I actually think this will probably be his last or second to last death, since max essence is halved each time...
Cute. ^_^

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: November 28, 2014, 10:05:49 pm »

Cute. ^_^

...When will you learn to except Yaos's death?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: November 28, 2014, 10:07:12 pm »

Cute. ^_^

I'm being honest...
Plus, it seems like the plot wants you dead, honestly. Space-time continuum shit, probably.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: November 28, 2014, 10:22:03 pm »

Not to mention that, even if you're revived again, you would have a maximum of one essence, which really is quite pointless. If that works how I assume it would, you would be in perpetual ... sleep, or whatever the word is. I can't think right now. :P
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 350