Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 419423 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #1935 on: December 01, 2014, 05:07:59 am »

Hm, since some people reserved their backup spheres, might I reserve Idealism and Subjectivity? If those are too broad to be greenlit, I'll go with Heroes and Villains.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1936 on: December 01, 2014, 05:14:58 am »

Neither Idealism nor Subjectivity are too general for this, I think.

As you can see, one of your selected future spheres is already retroactively affecting me, creating a stable time loop ensuring that IcyTea31 retains Subjectivity.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: December 01, 2014, 05:36:57 am »

Andres: Angels with Essence capacity can indeed receive Essence from targeted worship (i.e. explicitly worship the angel, lowering worship quality for the god slightly). Overloading within reason simply dissipates the Essence uselessly. Overloading to excess causes something interesting to happen, but not in a good way.
So do my angels have any Essence stored? A couple times I actually asked if they were getting any prayers, actually, but I get it got lost.

$$$Response
Andres: Stationary throne of open-only communication: 1E, requires body to be present
0_0
Nobody tell him. DreamerGhost, Stirk, I'm looking at you two. Also, patented by Andres/Yaos.

Can I ask exactly what the Lords of Hunger are? What race are they? What powers do they have?

I have a question about a new soul creation method. Basically, a sapient creature will naturally begin forming a soul at conception and the soul would finish forming once the creature becomes self-aware/sapient; 15-24 months for a Human, for example. Souls would only begin forming if a reincarnated soul is not available for the creature.
In theory, this should allow for all the reincarnation we have now but taking more than 5% of souls out of the cycle and into an afterlife would not reduce the amount of sapients being born. (Sorry if this isn't how it works. I have an awful memory.)
Now, would this system mess up the reincarnation system or decrease worship quality or Essence gain in any way? Keep in mind that souls in afterlives still cannot provide worship.

Finally, I have a question about attunements. The Armu were created with the Cosmic attunement. Does that mean that all magic-capable Armu are Cosmic attuned or that simply most of them are? Are some unattuned or attuned to an attunement other than Cosmic?
I'm guessing since most of my angels do not have attunements but are still capable of magic that not all mages are born with an attunement. Is that true?
Since I could've given my Psymental angel the Ritual attunement on top of his Psymental one, I'm guessing that mages have a chance of being born with multiple attunements. Is that true?
Is a non-attuned race (Humans, for instance) capable of producing mages with magical attunements?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:38:31 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: December 01, 2014, 06:45:58 am »

$$$Response
Andres: Stationary throne of open-only communication: 1E, requires body to be present
0_0
Nobody tell him. DreamerGhost, Stirk, I'm looking at you two. Also, patented by Andres/Yaos.

Inconspicious as fuck.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1939 on: December 01, 2014, 11:22:51 am »

Andres, I think that's how souls work already, but there are a small number of souls able to be formed.
Attunement makes the race either more likely to have mages of that type, or makes them better at that type of magic. It does not make an entire race of that type of mage.

And now, Serac bothers the mortals. :P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 03:24:05 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: December 01, 2014, 11:38:29 am »

"HoDo" huh? I don't get it.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1941 on: December 01, 2014, 03:18:54 pm »

Andres: The reincarnation system has not been determined exactly, but it's known that it's one where taking out too many souls negatively affects birth rates, possibly enough to offset the death rate and cause negative population growth.

Attunements are roughly what Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum said. They only make it easier to use the specified magic but don't actually make everyone mages.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: December 01, 2014, 03:46:51 pm »

We all know what will happen. Yaos angels will say Yaos is best. Fusil will say that all are morons and he is the best. God of goodness will go into an elaborate lecture as to why humingbird should stop this crap and go do something worthwile (and good). God of greed will throw out one remark why he is best and then ignore the bird. Rest of the gods will not bother to do even that.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1943 on: December 01, 2014, 03:49:39 pm »

Indeed, and the process of reaching the outcome will prove to be more entertaining for the instigator than the outcome itself.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: December 01, 2014, 05:22:46 pm »

Andres, I think that's how souls work already, but there are a small number of souls able to be formed.
Attunement makes the race either more likely to have mages of that type, or makes them better at that type of magic. It does not make an entire race of that type of mage.
Actually that's not really how it works. As it is, souls spawn at a rate of a 5% increase to reincarnated souls, allowing for a maximum population increase of 5% per something. The point being that souls spawn at a fixed rate. My proposal allows souls to naturally form as they are needed.

Attunements are roughly what Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum said. They only make it easier to use the specified magic but don't actually make everyone mages.
I know what attunements do and I know that giving a race an attunement does not make everyone mages. I was asking questions about having attunements as a mage. Not using them - just having them. Unfortunately, both your and Kaladin's responses answered none of my questions.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #1945 on: December 01, 2014, 05:29:56 pm »

Andres: Re attunements: All of the Armu are Cosmically attuned. Attunement in this case and usage refers to an innate boost to Cosmic magic affecting all members of the target.

Not all mages are born with attunements. At this point, I believe all of the races have at least some mages, and most have no designed attunement.

Birth attunements for various races aren't really implemented at this point, but I would imagine most plausible systems would allow for multiple attunements. At this point, it's more of a nurture thing than a nature thing, with those interested in magic more likely to develop whatever skills they would naturally have.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: December 01, 2014, 05:34:26 pm »

There is something inheritantly amusing in situations where the guy suposed to put out the fires pours gasoline on them.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: December 01, 2014, 05:38:09 pm »

Birth attunements for various races aren't really implemented at this point, but I would imagine most plausible systems would allow for multiple attunements. At this point, it's more of a nurture thing than a nature thing, with those interested in magic more likely to develop whatever skills they would naturally have.
Seems I'll have to redesign my perfect vampires........
Patented by Andres

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: December 01, 2014, 05:40:26 pm »

Seems I'll have to redesign my perfect vampires........
Patented by Andres
Report to moderator   Logged
Quote from: smurfingtonthethird on October 08, 2014, 05:19:36 pm

Remember what I told you about vampires waaaaaaaaaay back when? It is still true.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: December 01, 2014, 05:49:22 pm »

As a fair warning, if you end up ruling vampires or whatever, I will kill you. Wipe out all your servents, push you into the void, and laugh as the last of your evil essence drains away. You know I will, too. Fusil does not appreciate evil tainting his perfect followers, or putting them in any kind of danger.
Patented by Andres
Notice how I didn't say 'Patented by Andres/Yaos'. Creating vampires would be completely out of character for him assuming we're talking about classical vampires who are evil and stuff. He wouldn't do it anyway because immortals provide worse worship than mortals.
Really, I'm just designing them for fun. I'm still patenting them because they might be useful later on and I'm the god of Humans so I have reason to create vampires. (By vampires I mean like a non-evil, modern interpretation of the kind.)
Before you say 'Yaos is dead' or 'your god is dead' or 'you are dead', just keep in mind that Yaos' return is inevitable. Just look at his track record!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 05:54:37 pm by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 350